If you’re looking for a new mattress but don’t know where to start. There are plenty of options available at brick and mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more rumbling around within the realm of online bed-in-a box brands. What’s the most suitable mattress for 2022? Top Mattress For Lightweight Side Sleepers
Remember that the word “best” is a bit subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features from their bed, so what’s best for one person may not work for another.
We have a variety of different categories when presenting our top picks. Our hope is that most users will be able get not only”the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the in-depth details of each of these beds, we’d like to share some details about how we came to choose them.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 products in our mattress lab, running every mattress through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with a seismometer. From there, we give every bed an overall score in accordance with the material and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also consider the performance of the brand, like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent of the best, we really took each bed’s overall score into account. Every last mattress on this list is rated 4 or higher. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you must look for a bed that ticks all the right boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support and pressure relief cushioning, and high-quality mattress materials that don’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva provides all the benefits of those costly models, but for lower costs. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil construction, it has an innerspring-like feel that should be a good fit for a variety of sleepers. It also comes in three different firmness levels (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) and makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach and back sleepers are likely to be the most comfortable on the Luxury and Firm versions. While side sleepers will appreciate using the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers you’ll be able to switch positions on any of the models, thanks to the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. It even has an HD model made specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is that its coils provide the mattress with outstanding edge support. It should be possible to sit on or sleep close to the edge of your mattress and not feel like it’s going to collapse or make you fall over. The only drawback to the Saatva’s springiness is that it causes an extremely high amount of motion transfer so if you’re sleeping with your partner, you might sense each other’s movements at night, particularly if one (or both) are an eazy sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining a light on some of the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made from natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need be concerned about sleeping in a room with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be among the top notable brands in the mattress market due to its flexibility. Customers can take a sleep quiz via the Helix website that takes the body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into account so that the brand can recommend the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side, it’s likely that you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, an average-firm mattress that provides a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body, and it cradles sensitive areas like the shoulders and hips, which is vital for people who sleep on their side because it’s where they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers must also be content with this mix of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Since it’s a hybrid, there’s a layer of pockets beneath the foams, providing enough support for two persons. While this also results in some bounce, it’s not enough to disturb you or your partner. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who needs a little more pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with more foam layer. You can also look at our other top-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or buts about it — mattresses aren’t cheap. However, that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For example Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is an excellent bargain that packs a powerful comfort punch without spending a lot of money.
The current price is less than $1,000 for a Queen after discounts The memory foam bed is made with 5″ of soft gel memory foam. This provides ample comfort and a deep body contour which can be beneficial for those who sleep on their sides. You should also feel immense pressure relief and soft support around the shoulders and hips.
In addition it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar offers enough support thanks to its high-density foam below the back, which should enjoy the medium firmness of the mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion throughout the mattress which makes it an ideal choice for couples. If you’re in the market for a bed that is super soft, they should check out this brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional alarms.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? You can get a much better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with a partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples want. It is available in three different sizes: Soft, Medium, and Firm model, so most couples should be in a position to find a bed that works for their preferences. All models have strong edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and a solid motion isolation, keeping you from feeling your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples should consider cooling when looking for a new mattress, as two bodies give off greater body temperature than one. This should not be a problem for the Signature, which has the naturally cooling similar to latex in its comfort layer. Additionally, it has an innovative design that incorporates springs that can accommodate a lot of airflow.
Another trait that should attract lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam), which makes it an ideal mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand is able to pass savings to the consumer. This means that the Signature (and all of the other products by the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, though one that’s still an excellent, premium feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds and above) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that’s going to provide enough support. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four firmness levels that include Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These springs are strengthened, resulting in stronger edge support allowing you to spread out all the way to the edge in the mattress.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some soft pressure relief thanks to its quilted pillow-top layer and ample firmness from its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zones of support (a mixture of soft and more firm foams, based on the location) to help you alleviate aches and pains, especially for back pain.
Apart from the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool to sleep. There’s a breathable cover made out of sustainable Tencel and the coils provide a ton of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers to keep their temperature at a minimum throughout the night.
Do you think this is the mattress of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale it is a Bear is a good choice for those who are looking for a comfortable and supportive mattress. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam in the middle, followed by a thin layer of a flexible transition foam.
There should be sufficient support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also receive a bit of contouring from the comfortable layer of memory foam coated by graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does the cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noteworthy feature of Celliant. Some studies show that it can increase blood flow and might help in recovering. The Bear the perfect choice for those who lives an active life.
If you’re looking to snuggle up on the Bear, get our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require a lot of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned and also get the pressure relief to prevent pain in low back. They may find a winning combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines a tandem of memory foam, poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top of the bed. In addition they’ll feel a touch of comfort due to the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel, keeping it from trapping heat as traditional memory foam does. And the bed’s coils make enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you end up opting for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a hefty bed, so it may be a good idea to assist in the process of the move into your home (and maybe even setting it up) once it arrives.
Sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot looking for a mattress that will cool you down at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice that is right for you. This mattress features cooling technology that draws your body’s warmth away from sleepers.
In the beginning, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special fabric that absorbs heat from the sleeping person and feels cool to the feel. It also comes with an underlying layer of gel memory foam which is, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of comfort and cushioning.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy as a brand GhostBed is known for the “Ghost Ice” cover for many of its mattresses. Also made with a Phase Change Material which aids in ensuring that with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. Its only disadvantage is that it could be slippery, and you might want to use an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep it neat and secure.
For feel in terms of feel, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer the back and side sleepers an ideal balance of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples due to its amazing motion absorption and the bounce (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your primary concern is staying cool, you’ll love GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great option. It is a combination of soft top foams and sturdy steel coils that helps keep the spine healthy alignment and prevents back issues. In fact, the support is so sturdy that it might also be an ideal option for heavy sleepers over 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only position that is suitable to sleep in this Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be comfortable lying on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into the bed and give you some relief from pressure while your hips are supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should be comfortable with this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design has a lot of room for airflow. The comfort layer is made of what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely comfortable and as an added touch, it has an extremely thin layer of cooling gel up the top. These features should assist in helping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting it’s a responsive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feeling that memory foam provides. So if you’re a fan of the quicksand feel then you might want to reconsider your options.
You think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Check out the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils that provide the perfect blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s a bit soft and scored a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example, medium firm is 6.5/10). This makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who will feel fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips sink into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth noting that this section of comfort is composed of not two, but one layer of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of them are specifically designed to keep sleepers comfortable, the former being a graphite-infused version from the first Nolah AirFoam used in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like mattresses that are soft might enjoy the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfortable option for couples. They’ll not only get that mix of support and comfort that we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Support Coils. With a height of 8′ the springs are encased in Edge-Tech support foam, which holds up on the edges of the bed, as well as the middle. This means that you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Is it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you were looking for it, you may want to consider one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Here are some of my recommendations based on your body type as well as age, sleep posture, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. Take a look at our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal combination of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line, and usually, that’s in the middle-firm range of mattresses. You can find high-end options in the best mattresses that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm bed that keeps their hips aligned to their shoulders. Find out more about why this is essential in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move around on and switch positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a an average-firm feel, similar to the ones we have in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely upon coils to support. They often have a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for back, stomach, and combo sleepers. We have a list of our best innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coils and foam and their comfort is different. Find the best hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They use layers of foam to provide cushioning and support to the sleeping person. They are the most popular type of all-foam mattress that offers a wide range of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Check out the best mattress made of memory foam to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed from environmentally friendly Dunlop and Talalay latex. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncy. Combination sleepers and heavy people are often awed by these beds. Take a look at the top latex mattresses to learn more about this natural material.
- Air mattresses make use of air to support the sleeper overnight! Some of the top adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our roundup of best air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that helps mitigate pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that could help with several different types of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest you look at the best mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to know more about the best pain management options.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, take a look at the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re interested in getting a top-quality mattress which is worth the price, take a look at the most comfortable mattresses available for the cost.
- If you’re on a strict budget, take a look at our top mattresses that cost less than 1,000 and the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for mattresses that are cool to sleep on I suggest an innerspring, Latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote the circulation of air, and this is essential to keep the temperature low at night.
- My top mattresses that breathe in our list of top cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 pounds) will often find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend for these sleepers to take a review of the top soft mattresses to make sure they get the pressure relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) require a mattress that provides an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. To learn how to choose a mattress for your body type go to our site for best mattresses for heavy people.
- Kids have rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific requirements for sleep! Learn how to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- Seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional mattresses that offer mobility and support, but they are also gentle on joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our best mattresses for seniors to find a feel that is suitable for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have their own sleep needs, as well! Learn more about choosing a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you share a bed with a companion (or pet! ), it’s important to select a mattress that features low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the most suitable mattresses for couples for some examples and beds with impressive Edge support and cooling features as well as other features that couples might take into consideration.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattress for sex are able to browse our list of beds that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Mattress For Lightweight Side Sleepers FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this, so it’s important to take your own budget into consideration. Thankfully, there are great mattresses to be found in every price range! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is typically considered one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress every 7-10 years. However, a mattress may sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it with care. It is also possible to extend the lifespan of an old mattress for several months by adding the mattress protector.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s important to take a look at the warranty. It will also provide you with a good idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back pain?
Most people who struggle with back pain discover that a firm or medium-firm mattress is the best choice for their back. This type of bed will assist you in keeping your spine straight during the night, which can help alleviate many of the back pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which will help you with your particular back pain, check out our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the most support. This is why they’re better off using a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses in this list it’s those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. For a more expansive choice, check out our roundup of the most comfortable mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers fall on the opposite side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they usually prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. The majority of mattresses in this list will be ideal for those who sleep on their sides especially Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Lightweight Side Sleepers