If you’re looking for a new mattress, but have no idea what to look for. Not only are there choices to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more swirling in the world of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So what’s the best mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress For Lightweight Back Sleepers
Remember that the concept of “best” is a bit subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features of a mattress, and what’s best for one person will not work for another.
This is why we made sure to keep a broad range of categories in mind when presenting our top picks. Our goal is that all people will be able to get not only an “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the details of each bed, we’d like to share a little bit about how we came to choose them.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses through our bed lab. We’ve put every one of them through tests like pressure mapping and assessing motion transfer using a seismometer. From there, we give each mattress an overall score based on materials and comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also take into account quality of the mattress with categories like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent out of them, we really took each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress in this list is rated 4/5 or higher. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which were awarded an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you should choose a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support and pressure relief cushioning, and high-quality materials that aren’t going to fall apart too fast.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of the more costly models, but at lower costs. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil structure, it offers the traditional innerspring feel , which is an ideal fit to a wide range of sleepers. It’s also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm), which increases its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers will be the most comfortable with the Luxury or Firm models. While those who sleep on their sides should prefer more of the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination, they’ll likely be able to easily switch positions on any model, thanks to the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. There’s even an HD model specially designed for sleepers who are heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva is that its coils offer the mattress an exceptional edge support. You should be able to sit on or sleep close to the edge of your mattress and not feel like it’s about to fall down or cause you to fall off. The only drawback to this springy mattress is the fact that it causes an extremely high amount of motion transfer meaning that if you sleep with your partner, you might feel each other’s movements at night, especially if one (or both) are the type of sleeper who is light.
It’s also worth shining a the spotlight on the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made from natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have be concerned about sleeping in a room with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become among the top recognizable names in the mattress game due to its customizable. Customers are able to take a sleep test through the Helix website that takes the body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into account so that the brand can recommend the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side-sleeper most likely, you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight, which is a moderately firm mattress that gives the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body, and it cradles delicate areas like hips and shoulders. This is essential for side sleepers because that’s the place they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be content with this mix of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Since it’s a hybrid with a mattress, it has pockets beneath the foams, which creates sufficient support to accommodate two people. While this also results in some bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to cause any major disturbance to either of you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with additional foam layers. It’s also possible to check out more of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re convinced by the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it — mattresses can be incredibly expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. For instance the Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress with a significant quality of sleep without spending a lot of money.
The current price is less than 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts The memory foam bed is constructed by using 5″ of luxurious gel memory foam. This allows for ample comfort and a deep body contour that can work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They will also feel extreme pressure relief as well as soft support around the shoulders and hips.
At the same time it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar provides enough support with its foam with high density below for back sleepers, who should enjoy the medium level of firmness. The best part is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion throughout the mattress which makes it an ideal pick for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a super-soft bed and would like to know more about the brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra features and bells.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Find a better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with a partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples want. It comes in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm version which means that most couples will be in a position to find the bed that is right for their preferences. Each of them has sturdy edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and solid motion-isolation, preventing your partner from feeling every toss and turn.
Couples should also be aware of cooling when looking for the best mattress for them, since two bodies produce much more heat to the body than one. This isn’t a problem with the Signature mattress, which is made of an naturally cool, latex-like foam in its comfort layer. It also has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that have room for plenty of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to be attractive to lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam), which makes it a great mattress for sexual sex. Also, it’s important to note the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand is able to pass savings to the consumer. This means that the Signature (and any of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, but one that still has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds or more) and you’re looking for an appropriate mattress that can provide enough support. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes with four levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These springs are strengthened, resulting in a stronger edge support, which allows you to spread until the edge of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some gentle pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as plenty of firm support from its pocketed coil support layer. It also provides zones of support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, depending on the location) to ease discomfort and pain, particularly in your back.
Apart from the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool sleeping. The cover is breathable and made out of sustainable Tencel, and the coils provide an abundance of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers keep a low temperature all night long.
Does this sound like the bed of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our scale of firmness it is a Bear is a good choice for those looking for a firm and comfortable bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density foam at the bottom, topped by a thinner layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s likely to be more than enough support here for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also benefit from a bit of contouring from a comfort layer of memory foam that’s coated by graphite. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does a cover of breathable, lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noteworthy feature of Celliant. There are studies that show it can also improve blood flow and might help in the recovery process. It makes Bear a great fit for anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re eager to curl in Bear Bear, get our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require lots of support to keep their spines aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure to avoid pain in low back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines a tandem with memory foam and poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top mattress. At the same time they’ll feel a squeeze from the memory foam.
The memory foam comes with an infusion of cooling gel that prevents it from absorbing heat like traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow space for a lot of airflow.
If you end up opting for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it may be a good idea to assist you in getting it in your home (and possibly setup) when it arrives.
Are you sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are in search of a bed that can help cool you down at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the one you’re looking for. This mattress features cooling technology that draws body heat away from sleeping.
In the beginning, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special textile that absorbs heat from the sleeper and feels cool to the skin. It also comes with an underlying layer of gel memory foam, which as well as being cooling, offers lots of comfort and relief from pain.
One other notable cooling feature: As a brand, GhostBed is well-known by its “Ghost Ice” cover for many their mattresses. It is also made of a Phase Change Material, it helps to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. Its only disadvantage is that it can be a bit slippery, which is why you may prefer an upholstered sheet over your bed that keeps everything nice and snug.
For feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give side sleepers and back sleepers a combination of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples due to its fantastic motion absorption and bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your main concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back discomfort in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent option. It combines soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat aids in keeping your spine in a balanced position and helps prevent back pain. Actually the support is so solid that it can be a good option for people who sleep heavily over 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only suitable position that works with Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel comfortable lying on your side. Your shoulders should sink into the mattress and give you some relief from the pressure, and your hips should feel comfortable and supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will be comfortable on this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design provides plenty of room for airflow. The comfort layer is made of what’s called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly comfortable, and as an added touch, it has a thin coating of cooling gel on over the top. All of these traits should assist in helping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note that this is a very responsive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel like memory foam. So if you’re a fan of the quicksand feel, you may want to look elsewhere.
Think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Find us here to get the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils to provide an optimum blend of support and comfort. In general, we’d say it’s on the soft side, scoring a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for the sake of context, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This is what makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers, who should feel some amazing pressure relief as their hips and shoulders are sunk into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth pointing out that this comfort section is made of not one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers, and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both are specifically designed to keep sleepers comfortable, the former being a graphite-infused version that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam used in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like an extra soft mattress may appreciate the Nolah as it’s a comfortable option for couples. It’s not just that they’ll feel that mixture of comfort and support you mentioned, but they’ll be able stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco-Support Coils. at 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which holds up both sides of the bed as well as the middle. This means that Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you were looking for then you could benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Here are some of my recommendations based on body type as well as age, sleep positions, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. Check out our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good level of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line and they’ll typically find that in a mattress that is medium-firm. There are some top-quality choices in the top mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that keeps their hips aligned in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out more about why this is crucial in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are easy to move about and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a mattress that is bouncy and has a moderate firmness, such as the ones in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based upon coils to support. They usually are firm and bouncy in feel, and are suitable for stomach, back, and mixed sleepers. We have a list of our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of foam and coil support and their feeling differs widely. Check out the top hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They use layers of foam that provide cushioning and support to the sleeper. They are the most popular kind of all-foam mattress which provide a great body contouring and relief from pressure. Check out the best memory foam mattresses to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often made with green Dunlop and Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. Combination sleepers and heavy people typically like these beds. Look over the most popular latex mattresses for more information on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to help sleepers throughout the night! Some of the best adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our review of best air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that reduces the pain is crucial for those who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that can help you with kinds of pain. Depending on what you need, I’d recommend looking at the best mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to know more about pain management solutions.
- If you want a durable value mattress, take a look at the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re interested in finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the cost consider looking at the top mattresses for your money.
- If you’re on a strict budget, see our top mattresses for under $1,000 and the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for mattresses that are cool to sleep on I suggest a latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase the circulation of air, and this is essential for keeping a low temperature in the night.
- You can see my favorite air-conditioned beds in our roundup of top cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 pounds) typically have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend those who sleep light to look at the best soft mattresses to ensure that they receive the relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 100 lbs) require a mattress that offers additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are the most important considerations. To learn how to choose the best mattress that is suitable for your body, visit our page to find the best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies , each with unique requirements for sleep! Learn how to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- For seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide support and mobility, but they are also gentle on joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattresses for older people to find one that will work well for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have unique sleeping needs as well! Learn more about choosing the right mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a partner (or pet! ) it is essential to select a mattress that features low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses to get some ideas and beds with impressive edges, cool options as well as other features that couples may take into consideration.
- Couples in search of the best mattress for sex can check out our guide for beds that are supple and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Mattress For Lightweight Back Sleepers FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this, so it’s important to take your personal budget into account. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses available at nearly every price point! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is generally considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress every 7-10 years. But, mattresses can be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a good foundation or treat it roughly. You can also prolong the life of a mattress that is old for a few months by adding the mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s important to look over the warranty. It can also give you a good idea of the length it will last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back pain?
Many people suffering from back pain find the medium-firm or firm mattress is ideal for those with back pain. The type of mattress you choose will help you keep your spine straight during the night, which can help alleviate many of the back pain. If you are looking for a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, take a look at our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re best off with a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses on this list, the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. For a more expansive range, go through our selection of the most comfortable mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are at the other side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they generally prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. The majority of mattresses listed here should be an ideal fit for those who sleep on their sides particularly those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Lightweight Back Sleepers