You’re looking of a mattress but have no idea where to start. Not only are there choices to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more rumbling around in the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So what’s the best bed for you in 2022? Top Mattress For Light Sleepers
Keep in mind that the term “best” is somewhat subjective. Different people require different things from a bed, so what works for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
This is why we kept a wide range of categories in mind when presenting our top choices. We hope that the majority of folks should be able to get not only an “best” mattress however, but one that is most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the nitty gritty of each of these beds We’d like to talk some details about how we came to select the beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models in our mattress lab, putting every one of them through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with seismometer. From there, we give each bed an overall rating in accordance with the material and comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also consider the performance of the brand, like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the top out of them, we really considered each bed’s overall score into account. Every last mattress on this list is rated 4 out of 5 or higher. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which have scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, it’s important to choose a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support, cushioning pressure relief, and top-quality materials that won’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva has all the advantages of expensive models, but at an affordable cost. With a durable coil-on-coil structure, it offers the traditional innerspring feel that should be a good fit to a wide range of sleepers. It’s also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) that increases its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers should be the most comfortable on the Luxury or Firm models, while side sleepers will appreciate more of the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination will likely be able to quickly switch positions on any of the models, thanks to the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. It even has an HD model designed specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is that its coils give the bed exceptional edge support. It should be possible to lie down or sit near the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s about to fall down or cause you to fall off. The only drawback to the Saatva’s springiness is that it results in fairly high motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with a partner, you may be able to feel each other’s movements during the late at night, particularly if either or the other is a light sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a a light on some of the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made with organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have the worry of sleeping near dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now one of the most recognizable names in the mattress game because of its customization. Customers can take a test on their sleep through the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration , so that the brand can recommend the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side most likely, you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight — a medium-firm mattress that offers a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body, and it cradles sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders. This is essential for side sleepers since this is where they place the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be content with this mix of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Because it’s a hybrid mattress, there’s a layer of pockets beneath the foams, providing sufficient support to accommodate two people. This also causes some bounce, it’s not enough to disturb the other person or you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, you should check into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes additional foam layers. You can also take a look at other of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re sold on this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or buts about it — mattresses aren’t cheap. However, that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. For example Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is an excellent bargain that packs a powerful quality of sleep without spending a lot of money.
Currently priced at under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts The memory foam bed is built with 5″ of soft gel memory foam. This allows for ample sinkage and deep body-contouring which can be beneficial for side sleepers. They will also feel intense pressure relief and cushions at the shoulders and hips.
However, the Nectar offers enough support thanks to its foam with high density below for back sleepers, who will appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. Additionally, the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion across the entire structure and makes it a fantastic choice for couples. If you’re in the market of a super-soft bed you should look into Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra bells and whistles.
Sold on this great value mattress? Find a more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with someone else and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It comes in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm version, so most couples should be able to find the bed that is right for their preferences. All models have strong edges (which make the bed feel larger) and a solid motion isolation, keeping you from being a victim of your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples must also take cooling into consideration when shopping for a new mattress, as two bodies produce more body heat than one. However, this isn’t a problem with the Signature, which has an naturally cool, latex-like foam in its comfort layer. Additionally, it has an innovative design that incorporates springs that allow for a lot of airflow.
Another trait that should attract lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it to latex-like foam) and makes it a great mattress for sexual sex. Finally, it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand can pass on savings to the consumer. This means that it possible to make the Signature (and any of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that’s still a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds or more), then you need an appropriate mattress that can comfortably support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four firmness levels that include Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These springs are strengthened, resulting in stronger edge support allowing you to spread out until the edge of the bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers mild pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as lots of support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zoned support (a mixture of soft and more firm foams, based on the location) to help you alleviate aches and pains, especially on your back.
In addition to this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool to sleep. The cover is breathable and made from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils provide a ton of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers keep a low temperature through the entire night.
Does this sound like the mattress you’ve always wanted? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear should appeal to folks looking for a firm and supportive mattress. This comes from a thick layer of high-density foam in the middle, over which is a lighter layer of a flexible transition foam.
There should be plenty of support for back sleepers. they’ll also receive a bit of contouring from the cushion of comfort foam infused with graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, and so does a cover of breathable, lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, it’s not the only notable characteristic of Celliant. Some studies show that it can also improve blood flow, which could help with recovery. It makes Bear a great fit for athletes or anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re looking to snuggle up on your Bear, get our most affordable deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require a lot of support to keep their spines aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure to avoid pain in their lower back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that combines the combination of memory foam, poly foam with pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top of the bed. While at the same time, they’ll get a little squeeze due to the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion which prevents it from storing heat the way traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow space for a lot of airflow.
If you decide to going for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a hefty bed, so it might be a good idea to assist in the process of getting it in your home (and possibly setup) after it’s arrived.
Have you bought the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot seeking a bed that will to cool down during the night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the one for you. This mattress features cooling technology that draws the body’s heat from sleeping.
First, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special textile that draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the feel. Additionally, it has a layer of gel memory foam, which is, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of comfort and cushioning.
Another notable cooling characteristic is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is well-known as the brand that has their “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on many their mattresses. Also made with a Phase Change Material which aids in ensuring that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only drawback is that it can be a bit slippery, which is why you may want to use an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep everything neat and secure.
In terms of feel in terms of feel, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer those who sleep on their sides and backs a combination of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its fantastic motion absorption and its bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If your main concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good alternative. It combines soft top foams and sturdy steel coils that aids in keeping the spine balanced alignment and avoids back problems. Actually the support is so sturdy that it might also be a good option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only position that is suitable that works with Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel comfortable lying on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the bed and give you some relief from pressure and your hips should feel comfortable and supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should be comfortable with this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer provides plenty of room for airflow. The comfort layer is made of something called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely airy, and as an added bonus, it comes with a thin coating of cooling gel up top. All of these traits should help to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting it’s a receptive bed that doesn’t offer the more sluggish feel that memory foam provides. So if you’re a fan of the quicksand feel, you may want to consider a different bed.
You think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Find us here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils that provide an optimum blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the soft side, scoring a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for the sake of context the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This means that Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides, who should feel some amazing pressure relief as their hips and shoulders slide into the comfort layer.
It’s worth noting that the comfort section is made of not two, but one layer of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers, and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both are designed to keep the sleeper cool, with the second being a graphite-infused variation of the original Nolah AirFoam found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who like a soft mattress might also like the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfortable option for couples. They’ll not only experience the mix of comfort and support you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco-Support Coils. At 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which is used to support both sides of the bed and also the middle. This means that you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Is it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you were looking for it, you may want to consider one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Here are some of my suggestions based upon the type of body, age, sleep positions, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion pressure points at their shoulders and hips. Check out our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate balance of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain straight, and usually, that’s in a medium-firm mattress. There are some top-quality alternatives in the best mattresses that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that will keep their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Find out more about why this is crucial in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are easy to move about and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with a medium-firm feel, like those in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built in coil systems to provide support. They often are firm and bouncy in feel, and are suitable for back, stomach and combination sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coils and foam and their feeling differs widely. Check out the most popular hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They employ layers of foam that cushion and help the sleeper. Mattresses made of memory foam are well-known type of all-foam mattress that provide a great body contouring and relief from pressure. Look over the top memory foam mattress to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed using green Dunlop as well as Talalay Latex Foam. They are naturally cool and bouncy. Heavy people and sleepers in combination typically like these mattresses. Look over the most popular latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses use air to help sleepers overnight! Some of the most comfortable adjustable mattresses are advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our roundup of the best air mattresses..
Choosing a sleep surface that reduces the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options which can ease kinds of pain. Depending on what you need, I’d recommend looking at the top mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the best sciatica mattresses articles to find out more about pain relief solutions.
- If you want a durable value mattress, check out the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re more interested in finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the cost consider looking at the most comfortable mattresses available for the price.
- If you’re on a strict budget, take a look at our top mattresses that cost less than 1,000 or the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for mattresses that are cool to sleep on I would suggest you go with one of the following: mattress made of latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase airflow, which is essential for keeping a low temperature in the night.
- My top mattresses that breathe in our list of the most comfortable cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 pounds) typically discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d suggest those who sleep light to review of the best soft mattresses to ensure that they get the pressure relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 100 lbs) need a bed that provides extra support to prevent the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are usually important concerns. To find out how to pick the best mattress that is suitable for your body check out our website to find the best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Kids are growing rapidly and evolving bodies that have specific sleeping needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- The elderly (over 65) generally prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer mobility and support, but they are also gentle on joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattresses for older people to find a feel that works for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have unique requirements for sleep, as well! Learn more about choosing the right mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a partner (or pet! ) it is essential to select an option that is low in motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses for a few examples and beds that have impressive edges, cool options, and other needs that couples may consider.
- Couples in search of the best mattresses for sex should browse our list of mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Mattress For Light Sleepers FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this and it’s crucial to take your own budget into consideration. There are a variety of great mattresses available at all price points! A budget mattress is usually considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress may be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also prolong the lifespan of a mattress that is old for a few months by putting on the mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s important to take a look at its warranty, which will also provide you with a good idea of the length it will last.
What is the best mattress for back discomfort?
The majority of people with back pain discover the medium-firm or firm mattress is ideal for their back. This kind of bed can assist you in keeping your spine straight overnight as well as help ease many of the pain. If you are looking for a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, check out our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re better off using mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses in this list, they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. If they want a wider range, go through our selection of the top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are at the other end of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they tend to prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. A majority of the mattresses in this list will be ideal for those who sleep on their sides particularly the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Light Sleepers