You’re looking to buy a brand new bed, but have no idea where to start. Not only are there choices available at brick and mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more swirling in the world of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So , what’s the ideal mattress for 2022? Top Mattress For Large Side Sleeper
Well, keep in mind that the term “best” is somewhat subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features from a bed, so what’s best for one person may not work for another.
That’s why we have a variety of categories in mind when making our top choices. We hope that the majority of folks should be able to find not just an “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the details of each of these beds, we’d like to share a little bit about how we came to select these beds.
At Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses through our bed lab, putting each one through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using a seismometer. From there, we give each mattress an overall score according to the materials used and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also consider the performance of the brand, like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the top among the top, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into account. Every last mattress listed here is rated 4 or above. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which were awarded an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, it’s important to choose a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support as well as pressure relief that cushions and high-quality materials that aren’t going to be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of costly models, but at a more affordable price. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil construction, it has the traditional innerspring feel that should be suitable for a variety of sleepers. It’s also available in three different firmness levels (Plush soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) that increases its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers will be most comfortable on Luxury or Firm models, while those who sleep on their sides should prefer more of the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper will likely be able to switch positions on any of the models because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. It even has an HD model made specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is that its coils give the bed exceptional edge support. You should be able to sit on or sleep close to the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s about to fall down or cause you to slide off. The only issue with its springy nature is that it creates fairly high motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with an individual, you could feel each other’s movements at night, especially if one or the other are the type of sleeper who is light.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining the spotlight on Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made with natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need the worry of sleeping in a room with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become an extremely recognizable names in the mattress industry because of its customization. Customers can take a sleep quiz through the Helix website that takes their body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into account so that the company can suggest the ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side, it’s likely that you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight, which is an average-firm mattress that provides a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and supports delicate areas like shoulders and hips, which is vital for people who sleep on their side since this is where they place the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should be satisfied with this combination of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. As a hybrid that has a layer of pockets beneath the foams that provide enough support for two persons. Although this can cause the slightest amount of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to cause any major disturbance to the other person or you. In addition, the firmness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, you should check for the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with additional foam layers. It’s also possible to take a look at other of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or even buts about it — mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. For example, Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress that packs a serious relaxation punch, without costing you a fortune.
Currently priced at under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts, this memory foam bed is built of 5″ of soft mattress made of gel. This allows for ample comfort and a deep body contour that can work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They should also feel some intense pressure relief and soft support around the shoulders and hips.
However the Nectar offers enough support thanks to the high-density foam beneath for those who sleep on their backs, and are likely to appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. Additionally, the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion throughout the mattress and makes it a fantastic option for couples. And if anyone’s in search for a bed that is super soft, they should check out Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, with additional bells and whistles.
Are you happy with this value mattress? You can get a much cheaper deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with your partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples want. It is available in a Medium, Soft and Firm option, so most couples should be capable of finding a bed that works for their preferences. All of the options have solid edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and solid motion-isolation, preventing your partner from feeling every turn and toss.
Couples should also be aware of cooling when looking for a new mattress, as two bodies give off greater body temperature than one. This shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature mattress, which is made of a naturally cooling, latex-like foam that is in the cushion layer. It also has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that have room for a lot of airflow.
Another feature that will appeal to lovebirds will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) and makes it a great mattress for sexual sex. It’s also worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand is able to pass savings on to customers. This means that it possible to make the Signature (and any of the products from the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, though one that’s still an excellent, premium feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds and above), then you need a mattress that’s going to comfortably support you. The WinkBed is available in four different levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s, the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils that are designed to support heavier people. These strengthened springs also result in a stronger edge support, allowing you to spread out all the way to the very end in the mattress.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some soft pressure relief thanks to the quilted top layer of its pillow and plenty of firm support from its coil-like support layer. It also comes with zoned support (a combination of softer and more firm foams, based on the area) to help you alleviate aches and pains, especially in your back.
Apart from this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool-sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made from eco-friendly Tencel and the coils provide an abundance of airflow. This will help those who sleep more maintain a cool temperature all night long.
Do you think this is the bed of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear will appeal to those who are looking for a comfortable and comfortable bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density support foam at the bottom, over which is a lighter layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be plenty of support for back sleepers. they’ll also get a little shape from the cushion of comfort foam that’s infused with graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, as does the mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only notable feature of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it also promotes blood flow and might help with recovery. This makes the Bear an ideal choice for those who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re looking to snuggle up with the Bear, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need lots of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure to avoid pain in their lower back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that combines the combination consisting of poly foam, and pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top of the mattress. At the same time they’ll feel a squeeze due to the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam comes with cooling gel in the form of an infusion that prevents it from absorbing heat as traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils create room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you decide to going for the DreamCloud, know that it’s a hefty bed, so it might be beneficial to help you with the move into your house (and possibly setup) when it arrives.
Sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are looking for a mattress that will keep you cool at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress for you. This mattress features cooling technology to draw body heat away from the sleeper.
First, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special fabric that draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the skin. It also comes with the gel memory foam which is, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of comfort and relief from pain.
One other notable cooling feature as a brand GhostBed is known for its “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on the majority of its mattresses. It is also made of the Phase Change Material which assists in helping to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only downside is it can be a bit slippery, so you may prefer a fitted sheet on your bed to keep it neat and secure.
For feel in terms of feel, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give side sleepers and back sleepers the perfect combination of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its excellent motion absorption as well as the bounce (a bonus for couples).
If your main concern is staying cool, you’ll love the GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great alternative. It blends soft top foams with supportive steel coils, which helps keep the spine neutral alignment and prevents back issues. In fact the support is so sturdy that it might also be a good alternative for those who weigh more than 250 lb.
However, it’s not the only position that is suitable to sleep in this Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very comfortable sleeping on your side. Your shoulders should sink into your bed and let you enjoy some refreshing pressure relief while your hips feel supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should be comfortable in this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design has a lot of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely airy and, as an additional bonus, it comes with a thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on over the top. All of these features will assist in helping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note the fact that it’s a receptive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling like memory foam. If you’re fond of the feeling of a quicksand it might be a good idea to look elsewhere.
Think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Shop here for the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils for the perfect blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say it’s on the softer side and scored a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This is what makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who will feel fantastic pressure relief as their hips and shoulders are sunk into the comfortable layer.
It’s important to note that this section of comfort is composed of not one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both are made to keep the user comfortable, the second being a graphite-infused variation of the original Nolah AirFoam found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who prefer a soft mattress might also appreciate the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfortable option for couples. Not only will they feel that mixture of support and comfort that we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco-Support Coils. at 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech support foam, which holds up on the edges of the mattress, as well as the middle. This means that Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Is the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress you wanted above then you could benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Here are some of my suggestions based on body type, age, sleep posture, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points in their hips and shoulders. We have compiled a list of the best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate combination of support and pressure relief to keep their spines in a straight line, and they’ll typically find that in a mattress that is medium-firm. They can find some high-quality alternatives in the best mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that keeps their hips in alignment to their shoulders. Find out why this is essential in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are simple to move around and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a mattress that is bouncy and has a an average-firm feel, similar to the ones we have in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based on coil support systems. They usually are firm and bouncy in feel and work well for back, stomach and mixed sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coils and foam and their comfort varies widely. Check out the best hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They employ layers of foam that cushion and help the sleeping person. Memory foam mattresses are a popular type of all-foam mattress that provide a great body contouring and pressure relief. Check out the top mattress made of memory foam to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed from green Dunlop and Talalay latex. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. Combination sleepers and heavy people often like these mattresses. Look over the top latex mattresses for more on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses make use of air to support the sleeper overnight! A few of the top adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our roundup of the best air mattresses.
The choice of a bed that can help ease pain is especially important sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that can help you with kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing, I’d recommend looking at the best pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to find out more about the best pain management options.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, take a look at the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re more interested in finding a high-quality bed which is worth the price, take a look at the top mattresses for your cost.
- If you’re on a tight budget, check out our best mattresses under $1000 and the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for an ideal mattress for sleeping cool, I’d recommend opting for one of the following: latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote ventilation, which can be essential for keeping a low temperature during the night.
- My top mattresses that breathe in our list of best cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lbs) will often find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that those who sleep light to review of the top soft mattresses to ensure that they have the pressure relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 1 lb) require a mattress that provides extra support to prevent the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are typically the main concerns. For more information on how to select the right mattress that is suitable for your body, visit our page for the best mattresses for heavy people.
- Kids are growing rapidly and evolving bodies that have specific sleep needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- For seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet they are also gentle on joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattress for seniors to discover a feeling that is suitable for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have unique sleeping needs as well! Find out more about selecting a comfortable mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you have a bed to share with a companion (or pet! ) It is important to choose a mattress that features low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses for a few examples and beds that have impressive edges, cool features and other requirements that couples may consider.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattresses for sex can browse our list of mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Mattress For Large Side Sleeper FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here, so it’s important to take your own budget into consideration. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses to be found at nearly every price point! A budget mattress is usually considered to be one priced under $1000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress each 7-10 years. However, a mattress can fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a good foundation or treat it roughly. You can also prolong the life of an old mattress for some time by putting on an mattress topper.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s essential to look over its warranty, which can also give you a good idea of the length it will last.
What is the best mattress for back pain?
Many people suffering from back pain discover that a medium or firm mattress is ideal for them. This type of bed will help you keep your spine straight during the night, which can help alleviate some of the discomfort. To find a mattress that will ease your back pain, look through our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. With that in mind, they’re better off using mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses on this list that include they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. If they want a wider choice, go through our selection of the most comfortable mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are at the other side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they usually prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. The majority of mattresses listed here should be an ideal fit for sleepers who prefer side sleeping especially the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Large Side Sleeper