If you’re looking to buy a brand new bed but don’t know what to look for. Not only are there choices to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds of others circulating within the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So what’s the best mattress for 2022? Top Mattress For Kids
Well, keep in mind that the term “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different types of sleepers require different features of a mattress, and what’s best for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
That’s why we made sure to keep a broad range of different categories when presenting our top choices. Our hope is that most users will be able get not only an “best” mattress however, but one that is the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the nitty gritty of each of these beds we’d like to tell you some details about how we came to select them.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 products within our lab for mattresses. We’ve put each one through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer with the seismometer. From there, we give every bed an overall score based on materials and comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also consider the performance of the brand, like warranty and value.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the best among the top, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into account. Each mattress on this list has an overall score of 4/5 or above. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which have scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, it’s important to choose a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and high-quality mattress materials that don’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva provides all the benefits of those costly models, but at lower costs. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil design, it features an innerspring-like feel that should be a good fit to a wide range of sleepers. It also comes with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm and Firm) and increases its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers are likely to be most comfortable on the Luxury and Firm versions while side sleepers will appreciate more of the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination you’ll be able to change positions on any of the models thanks to the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. The Saatva has even got an HD model made specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is its coils give the bed outstanding edge support. It should be possible to lie down or sit near the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s about to fall down or cause you to fall off. The only issue with its springy nature is that it causes quite a lot of motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with your partner, you might feel each other’s movements at night, especially if one or both of you is the type of sleeper who is light.
Finally, it’s worth shining a light on some of the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made of natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have to worry about sleeping near dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now one of the most notable names in the mattress industry due to its customizable. Customers are able to take a sleep test on the Helix website and take the body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into account so that the company can suggest the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side sleeper is likely to be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, a medium-firm mattress that offers an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and supports sensitive areas like the shoulders and hips, which is vital for people who sleep on their side because it’s where they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should be happy with this combination of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Because it’s a hybrid mattress with a mattress, it has pockets beneath the foams that provide enough support for two people. Although this can cause some bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to disturb either of you. In addition, the firmness makes it an ideal mattress for sex.
If you’re a side sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking into Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes additional foam layers. It’s also possible to check out more of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re convinced by this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune just to get some quality Zzz’s. For instance the Nectar mattress is a great bargain with a significant relaxation punch, without breaking the bank.
At present, it is priced under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts This memory foam mattress is built by using 5″ of soft Gel memory foam. This provides ample sinkage and deep body-contouring that can work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. They will also feel extreme pressure relief as well as cushions at the shoulders and hips.
However, the Nectar has enough support in its high-density foam below for those who sleep on their backs, and are likely to appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of movement across the structure and makes it a fantastic choice for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a super-soft bed and would like to know more about Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional alarms.
Are you happy with this value mattress? You can get a much more affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with your partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples want. It comes in a Soft, Medium and Firm option, so most couples should be capable of finding the bed that is right for them. Each of them has sturdy edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and solid motion isolation, keeping you from being a victim of your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples should take cooling into consideration when shopping for a new mattress, as two bodies give off much more heat to the body than one. However, this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature, which has a naturally cooling, similar to latex in the cushion layer. Furthermore, it comes with a hybrid design with springs that can accommodate lots of airflow.
Another feature that will attract lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam) that makes it a great mattress for sexual sex. It’s also worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company is able to pass savings onto the customer. This means that Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and any of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples — albeit one that’s still a nice, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 lb and over) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that will comfortably support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four different levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm, Firmer, and finally the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These strengthened springs also result in stronger edge support which allows you to spread until the edge in the mattress.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers mild pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and lots of support thanks to its coil-like support layer. It also provides zoned support (a combination of softer and more firm foams, based on the area) to help you alleviate aches and pains, especially on your back.
Outside of the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool-sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils permit an abundance of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier maintain a cool temperature through the entire night.
Do you think this is the bed of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our firmness scale, the Bear is a good choice for those looking for a firm and supportive bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density foam in the middle, followed by a thin layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s likely to be plenty of support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also get a little more contouring with the comfortable layer of memory foam that’s coated by graphite. This keeps the mattress cool, and so does a covering made of breathable, light material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noticeable feature of Celliant. There are studies that show it can also improve blood flow and might help with recovery. It makes Bear the perfect choice for those who lives an active life.
If you’re eager to curl in Bear Bear, get our top deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require a lot of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned, while also receiving the necessary pressure relief to prevent pain at low back. They may find a winning combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress made up of an amalgamation consisting of poly foam, as well as pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than a medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top of the mattress. At the same time they’ll feel a squeeze from the memory foam.
The memory foam comes with cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat as traditional memory foam does. And the bed’s coils make enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you end up choosing the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a hefty bed, so it might be a good idea to help you with moving it into your home (and possibly setup) when it arrives.
Sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper looking for a mattress that can help to cool down during the night The GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress for you. The mattress has cooling technology that helps draw your body’s warmth away from the sleeper.
The first is the infusion Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the feel. Additionally, it has an underlying layer of gel memory foam which as well as being cooling, offers lots of comfort and relief from pain.
Another notable cooling characteristic: As a brand, GhostBed is famous as the brand that has its “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on some of its mattresses. Also made with the Phase Change Material, it aids in ensuring that to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only drawback is that it is a little slippery, so you may want to use sheets that are fitted to your bed that keeps everything neat and secure.
In terms of feel in terms of feel, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer those who sleep on their sides and backs an ideal balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its excellent motion absorption as well as its bounciness (a plus for sex).
If you’re primarily concerned with staying cool, you’ll love GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent option. It blends soft top foams and sturdy steel coils that assists in keeping the spine balanced alignment and avoids back problems. In fact the support is robust that it could be a great alternative for those who weigh more than 250 lb.
However, it’s not the only position that is suitable to sleep in this Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel very at ease sleeping on your back. The shoulders ought to sink down into the bed and give you some relief from pressure while your hips are supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel right at home on the Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design offers plenty of space for airflow. The comfort layer is constructed from something called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely comfortable, and as an added feature, it features a thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on the top. All of these traits should help you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out the fact that it’s a very responsive mattress and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel that memory foam provides. So if you’re a fan of the quicksand feel, you may want to look elsewhere.
You think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Shop here for our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils to provide the perfect blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s on the softer side, scoring a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example, medium firm is 6.5/10). This makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who will feel incredible pressure relief when their shoulders and hips sink into the comfort layer.
It’s worth noting that the comfort section is composed of not only one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of these materials are designed to keep the sleeper cool, with the latter being a graphite-infused variation that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam that is found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like mattresses that are soft might enjoy the Nolah and it’s a comfortable option for couples. They’ll not only get that mix of comfort and support we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco-Support Coils. at 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam for support, which is used to support on the edges of the bed, as well as the middle. That means Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Is you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you liked it, you may want to consider one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Here are some of my recommendations based on body type as well as age, sleep positions, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. Check out our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate level of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line and usually, that’s in a medium-firm mattress. There are some top-quality choices in the top mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that keeps their hips in alignment to their shoulders. Find out why this is important in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move about and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a a medium-firm feel, like those in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built upon coils to support. They typically feature a firm, bouncy feel and work well for stomach, back, and mixed sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of foam and coil support and their comfort is different. Find the top hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They employ layers of foam to cushion and support the sleeping person. Mattresses made of memory foam are well-known type of all-foam mattress , which offers a wide range of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Take a look at the most comfortable memory foam mattresses to learn more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed using green Dunlop as well as Talalay latex foam. They are naturally cool and bouncy. Combination sleepers and heavy people often like these beds. Look over the most popular latex mattresses for more on this natural material.
- Air mattresses use air to provide support to the sleeper all night! Some of the best adjustable beds are the most advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our roundup of best air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that helps mitigate pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options which can ease different kinds of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest looking into the most suitable pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the best sciatica mattresses articles to find out more about pain relief solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re interested in getting a top-quality mattress which is worth the price check out the best mattresses for the cost.
- If you’re on a strict budget, see our top mattresses that cost less than 1,000 and the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of mattresses that are cool to sleep on I suggest a Latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote ventilation, which can be crucial for keeping the temperature at a minimum at night.
- My top mattresses that breathe in our roundup of best cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lbs) are likely to have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest these sleepers take a glance at most comfortable mattresses to ensure they have the pressure relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 1 lb) need a bed that offers additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are usually important concerns. For more information on how to select the right mattress that suits your body go to our site for the best mattresses for heavy people.
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific sleep needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- Seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I suggest looking at our top mattresses for older adults to find a feel that works for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have their own requirements for sleep, as well! Find out more about selecting the right mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a partner (or pet! ), it’s important to pick an option that is low in motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples to get some ideas including beds with impressive edge support, cooling features and other requirements that couples might take into consideration.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattresses for sex can check out our guide for beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For Kids FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this but it’s essential to take your personal budget into account. There are a variety of great mattresses at all price points! Overall, a budget mattress is generally considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least every seven to ten years. But, mattresses can sag prematurely if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it with care. You can also prolong the life of a mattress that is old for some time by putting on a mattress protector.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s essential to take a look at the warranty. It will give you an idea of how long it should last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back pain?
Most people who struggle with back pain discover that a firm or medium-firm mattress is the best choice for those with back pain. This kind of bed can assist you in keeping your spine straight throughout the night as well as help ease a lot of back pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which can help with your specific back pain, check out our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re advised to choose mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses in this list that include the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. To get a larger range, go through our selection of the best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are at the other side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they tend to prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. The majority of mattresses listed here should be an ideal fit for those who sleep on their sides particularly those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Kids