You’re looking for a new mattress but have no idea where to start. There are plenty of options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more swirling in the world of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So what’s the best bed for you in 2022? Top Mattress For Kids With Allergies
Remember that the term “best” is somewhat subjective. Different people require different things from their bed, so what is effective for one individual will not work for another.
We kept a wide range of different categories when we made our top choices. Our goal is that all people will be able to get not only an “best” mattress and not just the one that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the details of each of these beds, we’d like to share a little bit about the method we used to choose them.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models in our mattress lab, running every mattress through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using seismometer. We then give every bed an overall score according to the materials used as well as comfort, support cooling, and edge support. We also take into account quality of the mattress with categories like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the best of the best, we took each bed’s overall score into account. Each mattress on this list is rated 4 out of 5 or higher. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, it’s important to choose a mattress that checks all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and top-quality mattress materials that don’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of the more expensive models, but at an affordable cost. With a durable coil-on-coil construction, it has a traditional innerspring feel , which is suitable for all types of sleepers. It’s also available in three different firmness levels (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) and increases its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers are likely to be the most comfortable with the Luxury and Firm versions, while side sleepers should enjoy using the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers you’ll be able to easily shift positions with any of the models, because of the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. The Saatva has even got an HD model specially designed for sleepers who are heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is its coils offer the mattress outstanding edge support. You should be able to sleep or sit close to the edge of your mattress without feeling like it’s going to collapse or cause you to fall off. The only drawback to this springy mattress is the fact that it results in an extremely high amount of motion transfer so if you’re sleeping with a partner, you may sense each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either or both of you is the type of sleeper who is light.
Finally, it’s worth shining a light on some of Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made with natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need to worry about sleeping with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be an extremely recognizable brands in the mattress market because of its customization. Customers are able to take a sleep test on the Helix website that takes the body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into consideration , so that the company can suggest the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, which is an average-firm mattress that provides the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body, and it cradles sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides since this is where they place the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be content with this mix of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Because it’s a hybrid mattress that has a layer of pocketed coils below the foams, providing enough support for two persons. While this also results in some bounce, it’s not enough to seriously disturb either of you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, you should check for Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with additional foam layers. You can also take a look at other of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you have to spend a fortune just to get some quality Zzz’s. For instance, it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent value buy that packs a serious quality of sleep without breaking the bank.
The current price is less than $1,000 for a Queen after discounts The memory foam bed is made with 5″ of luxurious Gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of relaxation and body contouring that can work wonders for side sleepers. They will also feel extreme pressure relief as well as soft support around the hips and shoulders.
However the Nectar provides enough support with its high-density foam below the back, which will appreciate the moderate level of firmness. Additionally, the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion throughout the entire structure which makes it an ideal pick for couples. If anyone is in search of a mattress that’s super soft you should look into the brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional bells and whistles.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Find a more affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with your partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples need. It comes in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm option, so most couples should be able to find a bed that works for their needs. Each of them has sturdy edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and a solid motion isolation, keeping you from being a victim of your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples should take cooling into consideration when looking for a new mattress, as two bodies give off more body heat than one. However, this isn’t a problem with the Signature model, which features the naturally cooling latex-like foam in the cushion layer. Additionally, it has a hybrid design with springs that have room for plenty of airflow.
Another feature that will attract lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam) that makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex. It’s also worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company is able to pass savings on to customers. This means that it possible to make the Signature (and every one of the brand’s products) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds or more) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that’s going to comfortably support you. The WinkBed is available in four different levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then, the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These springs are strengthened, resulting in stronger edge support which allows you to spread all the way to the end of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some soft pressure relief thanks to its pillow-top quilted layer as well as lots of support from its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zones of support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, based on the region) to help you alleviate aches and pains, especially in your back.
In addition to it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed of eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils permit plenty of airflow. This will help those who sleep more to keep their temperature at a minimum throughout the night.
Does this sound like the mattress of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our scale of firmness 7/10, the Bear is a good choice for those looking for a firm and supportive mattress. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density foam at the bottom, over which is a lighter layer of flexible transition foam.
There should be more than enough support here for back sleepers, and they’ll also benefit from a more contouring with the comfortable layer of memory foam filled with graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material called Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noticeable feature of Celliant. There are studies that show it can also improve blood flow and could aid in the recovery process. The Bear a great fit for anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re eager to curl up on the Bear, get our most affordable deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need lots of support to ensure their spines are aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure to avoid pain in the lower back. They may find a winning combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress made up of an amalgamation with memory foam and poly foam, with pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a little more firm than medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top bed. At the same time, they’ll get a little bit of a hug by the foam memory.
Speaking of which, the memory foam comes with cooling gel in the form of an infusion which prevents it from storing heat like traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils allow room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you end up opting for the DreamCloud, know that it’s a very heavy mattress, and it could be beneficial to assist in the process of the move into your house (and perhaps setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are seeking a bed that will cool you down at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the one you’re looking for. The mattress has cooling technology that draws body heat away from sleepers.
The first is an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special textile that draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the feel. It also comes with a layer of gel memory foam which is, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of cushioning and pain relief.
One other notable cooling feature as a brand GhostBed is known by its “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on some mattress models. Additionally, it is made from a Phase Change Material which aids in ensuring that to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. Its only disadvantage is that it could be slippery, and you might prefer a fitted sheet on your bed to keep it nice and snug.
In terms of comfort In terms of comfort, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide the back and side sleepers an ideal balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a great option for couples because of its amazing motion absorption and the bounce (a bonus for couples).
If your primary concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past this Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent alternative. It combines soft top foams and sturdy steel coils that helps keep your spine in a healthy alignment and prevents back issues. Actually the support is so robust that it could be a good option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
But it’s not the only option for Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very comfortable lying on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the bed and allow you to get some relief from pressure and your hips should feel comfortable and supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel comfortable in the Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design provides plenty of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made of something called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely airy and, as an additional bonus, it comes with a thin coating of cooling gel on top. All of these features will assist in helping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting that this is a very responsive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling of memory foam. If you’re a lover of that quicksand feeling it might be a good idea to look elsewhere.
Are you thinking that you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Check out our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils for a mixture of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s a bit soft with a score of 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for context, medium firm is 6.5/10). This makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides, who should feel some fantastic pressure relief as their hips and shoulders slide into the cushion of comfort.
It’s important to note that this comfort section is comprised of not just two, but one layer of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of them are designed to keep the sleeper cool, with the latter being a graphite-infused variant that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam used in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who like a soft mattress might also appreciate the Nolah and it’s a comfortable option for couples. They’ll not only feel that mixture of support and comfort that we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Coils. With a height of 8′ the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam that holds up both sides of the bed, as well as the middle. This means that you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are you sure that it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress you wanted above it, you may want to consider one of our more specific mattress guides. Here are some of my suggestions based on body type as well as age, sleep positions, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points in their hips and shoulders. Check out our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate balance of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain straight, and they’ll typically find that in the middle-firm range of mattresses. There are some top-quality alternatives in the best mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm bed that keeps their hips in alignment to their shoulders. Find out why this is crucial in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are easy to move about and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to those in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based upon coils to support. They typically have a firm, bouncy feel and work well for back, stomach and mixed sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coils and foam and their comfort differs widely. Take a look at the top hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They make use of layers of foam to cushion and help the sleeper. They are the most well-known type of all-foam mattress , which provide a great body contouring and relief from pressure. Take a look at the best memory foam mattresses to learn more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are often made with green Dunlop as well as Talalay latex. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy typically like these beds. Look over the best latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses use air to support the sleeper all night! A few of the most comfortable adjustable beds are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Get more information in our review of best air mattresses.
Selecting a mattress that helps mitigate pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that could help with several kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest looking into the top mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or best mattresses for sciatica articles to learn more about pain management solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, take a look at the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re more interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the cost check out the most comfortable mattresses available for the cost.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, take a look at our top mattresses for under $1000 or the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for an ideal mattress for sleeping cool, I’d recommend opting for a Latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage airflow, which is crucial for keeping the temperature at a minimum at night.
- You can see my favorite breathable beds in our roundup of the most comfortable cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lbs) will often discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I would suggest that those who sleep light to review of the top soft mattresses to make sure they have the pressure relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over 1 lb) require a mattress that provides an extra level of support to stop premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. For more information on how to select a mattress for your body type go to our site for top mattresses designed for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies , each with unique requirements for sleep! Learn to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- For seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I would suggest taking a look at our best mattresses for older people to find a feel that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have specific sleeping needs as well! Learn more about how to choose the right mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a companion (or pet! ) it is essential to select an option that is low in motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the most suitable mattresses for couples for a few examples, as well as beds that have impressive edge support, cooling features, and other needs that couples may consider.
- Similarly, couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy should browse our list of beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Mattress For Kids With Allergies FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this and it’s crucial to take your budget into consideration. Thankfully, there are great mattresses at nearly every price point! A budget mattress is generally considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress every 7-10 years. However, a mattress can sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a good foundation or treat it roughly. You can also extend the life of a mattress several months by using an mattress protector.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s important to look over the warranty. It will also provide you with an idea of how long it should last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back discomfort?
Most people who struggle with back pain find the medium-firm or firm mattress is the best choice for them. This kind of bed can aid in keeping your spine straight during the night and can ease some of the discomfort. To find a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, look through our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. This is why they’re advised to choose a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses on this list it’s the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. For a more expansive selection, they can always look through our list of the best sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are at the other side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they tend to prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. Many of the mattresses in this list will be an ideal fit for those who sleep on their sides, most notably the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Kids With Allergies