You’re looking to buy a brand new bed but don’t know where to begin. There are plenty of options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds of others circulating within the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. What’s the most suitable mattress for 2022? Top Mattress For Kids Firm Or Soft
Keep in mind that the term “best” is a bit subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features from their bed, so what’s best for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
We have a variety of subjects in our mind while making our top choices. Our goal is that all folks should be able to discover not only an “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the nitty gritty of each of these beds We’d like to talk some details about the process we used to choose them.
At Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models in our mattress lab, running every one of them through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer using a seismometer. From there, we give each mattress an overall score according to the materials used as well as comfort, support cooling, and edge support. We also take into account brand performance with categories like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent of the best, we took each bed’s overall score into account. Every last mattress listed here has an overall score of 4 out of 5 or above. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, it’s important to look for a bed that checks all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support as well as pressure relief that cushions and high-quality materials that won’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of the more expensive models, but at lower costs. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil structure, it offers the traditional innerspring feeling that is an ideal fit to a wide range of sleepers. It also comes in three different firmness levels (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) that makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach and back sleepers should be most comfortable on Luxury as well as the Firm model while side sleepers should enjoy using the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper will likely be able to quickly change positions on any model, thanks to the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. It even has an HD model designed specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva is that its coils provide the mattress with outstanding edge support. It should be possible to lie down or sit close to the edge of your mattress without feeling like it’s going to fall over or cause you to slide off. The only drawback to the Saatva’s springiness is that it causes fairly high motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with an individual, you could sense each other’s movements at night, particularly if one or both of you are the type of sleeper who is light.
It’s also worth shining a a light on some of Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made from Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need the worry of sleeping with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become one of the most notable brands in the mattress market due to its customizable. Customers are able to take a sleep test through the Helix website and take their body type, sleeping preferences, and other factors into consideration so that the brand can recommend the ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side most likely, you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, an average-firm mattress that provides the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and supports delicate areas like hips and shoulders, which is vital for people who sleep on their side because that’s the place they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should be happy with this combination of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Since it’s a hybrid with a mattress, it has pockets beneath the foams, which creates enough support for two persons. This also causes the slightest amount of bounce, it’s not enough to disturb you or your partner. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, you should check for Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with more foam layer. You can also look at our other top-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune just to get some quality Zzz’s. For instance it’s the Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress with a significant comfort punch without breaking the bank.
The current price is less than $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts This memory foam mattress is constructed by using 5″ of soft gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of sinkage and deep body-contouring which can be beneficial for side sleepers. They will also feel immense pressure relief and soft support around the shoulders and hips.
At the same time the Nectar offers enough support thanks to its high-density foam below for back sleepers, who will appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion throughout the mattress which makes it an ideal pick for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a mattress that’s super soft you should look into Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra bells and whistles.
Sold on this great value mattress? You can get a much cheaper bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with a partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples need. It comes in a Medium, Soft, and Firm model and most couples will be capable of finding the bed that is right for them. All models have strong edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and a solid motion isolationthat keeps your partner from feeling every twist and turn.
Couples must also take cooling into consideration when choosing the best mattress for them, since two bodies give off much more heat to the body than one. This shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature model, which features an naturally cool, latex-like foam in the comfort layer. Additionally, it has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that allow for a lot of airflow.
Another feature that will be attractive to lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam) and makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex. It’s also worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand can pass on savings to the consumer. This makes the Signature (and any of the brand’s products) an affordable mattress for couples — albeit one that has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 lb and over) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that will adequately support you. The WinkBed is available with four levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These strengthened springs also result in extra-strong edge support, permitting you to spread to the end to the edge of your bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some mild pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and plenty of firm support thanks to its coil-like support layer. It also comes with zoned support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, depending on the area) to ease aches and pains, especially for back pain.
Apart from this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool to sleep. It has a breathable cover constructed of eco-friendly Tencel and the coils permit a ton of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier to keep their temperature at a minimum through the entire night.
Do you think this is the bed of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our scale of firmness it is a Bear is a good choice for those who are looking for a comfortable and supportive mattress. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density foam in the middle, over which is a lighter layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be sufficient support for back sleepers. they’ll also get a little more contouring with a comfort layer of memory foam filled with graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does the cover of breathable, lightweight material known as Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noteworthy feature of Celliant. There are studies that show it also promotes blood flow and could aid in recovering. This makes the Bear the perfect choice for anyone who is active.
If you’re eager to curl up on Bear Bear, get our top bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need a lot of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned and also get the relief from pressure in their lower back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that combines an amalgamation of memory foam, poly foam with pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top of the bed. While at the same time they’ll feel a touch of comfort from the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion that prevents it from absorbing heat the way the traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you decide to opting for the DreamCloud, know that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it might be a good idea to help you with getting it in your house (and possibly setup) after it’s arrived.
Have you bought your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper looking for a mattress that will help cool you down at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice you’re looking for. This mattress is built with cooling technology that draws your body’s warmth away from the sleeper.
In the beginning, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special textile that absorbs heat from the sleeper and feels cool to the feel. It also comes with an underlying layer of gel memory foam that, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of comfort and relief from pain.
One other notable cooling feature: As a brand, GhostBed is known by their “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on the majority their mattresses. Additionally, it is made from a phase change material that assists in helping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only drawback is that it could be slippery, so you may need to put an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep it comfortable and cozy.
For feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer the back and side sleepers a combination of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples because of its excellent motion absorption as well as the bounce (a bonus for couples).
If your main concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with this GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back discomfort in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good option. It is a combination of soft top foams with supportive steel coils, which aids in keeping the spine healthy position and helps prevent back pain. Actually the support is sturdy that it might also be an ideal option for people who sleep heavily over 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only suitable position to sleep in the Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very comfortable lying on your side. Your shoulders should sink into your bed and allow you to get some relief from the pressure, and your hips should feel comfortable and supported.
Hot sleepers will be comfortable with the Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil provides plenty of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made with what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely airy and as an added touch, it has a thin layer of cooling gel up the top. All of these features will assist in helping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out it’s a responsive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel of memory foam. If you’re a lover of that quicksand feeling then you might want to look elsewhere.
Think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Shop here for our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils that provide a mixture of comfort and support. In general, we’d say it’s on the soft side with a score of 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for an example, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This means that this model Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who can expect to feel amazing pressure relief as their shoulders and hips sink into the comfortable layer.
It’s important to note that the comfort section is comprised of not just only one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers, and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of them are designed to keep the sleeper at a comfortable temperature, with the second being a graphite-infused version that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam used in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer an extra soft mattress may enjoy the Nolah as it’s a comfy choice for couples. They’ll not only experience the mix of support and comfort that you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Coils. At 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that is used to support on the edges of the bed, as well as the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Is it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you liked, you might benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Below are a few of my suggestions based on your body type and age, sleeping positions, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion pressure points at their shoulders and hips. Check out our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate combination of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and they’ll typically find that in the middle-firm range of mattresses. There are some top-quality alternatives in the best mattresses for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm bed that keeps their hips aligned to their shoulders. Find out more about why this is essential in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are simple to move about and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with a medium-firm feel, like those in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based on coil support systems. They typically are firm and bouncy in feel, and are suitable for stomach, back, and mixed sleepers. We have a list of our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of foam and coil support and their feeling varies widely. Take a look at the top hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They employ layers of foam to cushion and support the sleeper. Mattresses made of memory foam are popular type of all-foam mattress that provide a great body contouring and pressure relief. Look over the most comfortable memory foam mattress to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often made with green Dunlop as well as Talalay latex. They are naturally cool and bouncy. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy often like these mattresses. Look over the best latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses use air to support the sleeper overnight! The most comfortable adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our roundup of the the best air mattresses.
The choice of a bed that can help ease the pain is crucial for those who live with chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options which can ease different types of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest you look at the best pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or best mattresses for sciatica articles to know more about pain management solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, check out the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re looking at getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the price check out the top mattresses for your cost.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, see our best mattresses under $1,000 or the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of a mattress that sleeps cool I would suggest you go with one of the following: latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage airflow, which is essential for keeping the temperature at a minimum during the night.
- Here are my top air-conditioned beds in our roundup of best cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 pounds) will often discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I would suggest that these sleepers take a glance at most comfortable mattresses to ensure they have the pressure relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 1 lb) need a bed that provides an extra level of support to stop premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are the most important considerations. To find out how to pick a mattress that suits your body, visit our page for the best mattresses for heavy people.
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific requirements for sleep! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for children..
- The elderly (over 65) typically prefer traditional mattresses that offer mobility and support, but they are also gentle on joints. I suggest looking at our top mattresses for seniors to find a feel that works for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have specific requirements for sleep, too! Learn more about how to choose an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you have a bed to share with a partner (or pet! ), it’s important to select one that has low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the best mattresses for couples for a few examples including mattresses that offer exceptional Edge support and cooling features as well as other features that couples may consider.
- Couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy can check out our guide for mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For Kids Firm Or Soft FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here, so it’s important to take your own budget into account. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses available at nearly every price point! A budget mattress is generally considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress each 7-10 years. However, a mattress may sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also prolong the life of an old mattress for some time by using an mattress topper.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s essential to look over its warranty. This will also provide you with an idea of the length it’s expected to last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back discomfort?
Most people who struggle with back pain will find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is the best choice for those with back pain. This type of bed will assist you in keeping your spine straight during the night as well as help ease a lot of back pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which will help you with your particular back pain, take a look at our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the most support. This is why they’re best off with mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses on this list, they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. For a more expansive selection, they can always look through our list of the best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are at the other end of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they generally prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. A majority of the mattresses on this list should be a great match for sleepers who prefer side sleeping particularly Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Kids Firm Or Soft