So you’re in the market to buy a brand new bed but aren’t sure where to start. There are plenty of options available at brick and mortar establishments, but there are hundreds of others circulating within the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So what’s the best mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress For Kids Bed
Well, keep in mind that the term “best” is a bit subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features from a bed, so what’s best for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
This is why we kept a wide range of subjects in our mind while we made our top choices. Our hope is that most people will be able to discover not only an “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the in-depth details of each of these beds, we’d like to share some details about how we came to choose them.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses within our lab for mattresses. We’ve put every one of them through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with the seismometer. From there, we give every bed an overall score according to the materials used as well as comfort, support cooling, and edge support. We also factor in the performance of the brand, like value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent among the top, we really took each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every last mattress listed here has an overall score of 4 out of 5 or more. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you must find a mattress that checks all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support, cushioning pressure relief, and high-quality materials that won’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva has all the benefits of those expensive models, but at an affordable cost. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil construction, it has a traditional innerspring feeling that is an ideal fit for all types of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) that makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers should be the most comfortable on the Luxury and Firm versions while side sleepers will appreciate more of the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper you’ll be able to switch positions on any model, because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model designed specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another advantage of the Saatva is that its coils offer the mattress an exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to lie down or sit close to the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s going to fall over or make you fall over. The only issue with its springy nature is that it creates fairly high motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with a partner, you may be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, particularly if one or both of you is an eazy sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made with organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have the worry of sleeping in a room with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now an extremely well-known names in the mattress industry because of its customization. Customers can take a test on their sleep via the Helix website and take their body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into account so that the brand can recommend the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side sleeper most likely, you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, an average-firm mattress that provides an enveloping feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body, and it cradles sensitive areas like the shoulders and hips, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides since this is where they place the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be satisfied with this combination of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Because it’s a hybrid mattress, there’s a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, providing enough support for two people. While this also results in a tiny bit of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to cause any major disturbance to either of you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, you should check into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with extra foam layers. You can also check out more of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re convinced by the Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you must spend a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For instance, Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress that packs a powerful quality of sleep without costing you a fortune.
The current price is less than $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts This memory foam mattress is constructed of 5″ of luxurious gel memory foam. This allows for ample comfort and a deep body contour that can work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They will also feel intense pressure relief and cushions at the hips and shoulders.
At the same time it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar offers enough support thanks to its foam with high density below for back sleepers, who will appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. The best part is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of movement across the entire structure and makes it a fantastic pick for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a mattress that’s super soft and would like to know more about this brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional features and bells.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Find a better deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with your partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It comes in a Medium, Soft and Firm option and most couples will be capable of finding a bed that works for their preferences. Each of them has solid edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and a solid motion isolation, keeping you from being a victim of your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples should take cooling into consideration when choosing a new mattress, as two bodies emit more body heat than one. But this isn’t a problem with the Signature model, which features the naturally cooling similar to latex in its comfort layer. Additionally, it has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that allow for a lot of airflow.
Another feature that will attract lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam), which makes it a good mattress for sexual sex. Also, it’s important to note that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand can pass on savings on to customers. This means that the Signature (and all of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that’s still an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds or more), then you need a mattress that will provide enough support. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four different levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus. The Plus is constructed with steel reinforced coils designed for heavier folks. These springs are strengthened, resulting in a stronger edge support, permitting you to spread all the way to the edge of the bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers soft pressure relief thanks to the quilted top layer of its pillow and lots of support thanks to its coil-like support layer. It also comes with zones of support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, based on the location) to help ease aches and pains, especially on your back.
In addition to this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool-sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made out of sustainable Tencel, and the coils allow for an abundance of airflow. This will help those who sleep more to keep their temperature at a minimum through the entire night.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale it is a Bear should appeal to folks looking for a firm and comfortable bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density foam in the middle, over which is a lighter layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s more than enough support here for back sleepers, and they’ll also receive a more contouring with the cushion of comfort foam that’s coated by graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noticeable aspect of Celliant. There are studies that show it can increase blood flow, which could help with recovery. The Bear a great fit for athletes or anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re looking to snuggle up on the Bear, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require a lot of support to ensure their spines are aligned and also get the pressure relief to prevent pain in their lower back. They could find a great combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines a tandem consisting of poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top bed. At the same time they’ll receive a touch of comfort due to the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam comes with an infusion of cooling gel that prevents it from absorbing heat as traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow space for a lot of airflow.
If you decide to going for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s quite a heavy mattress, and it could be a good idea to assist in the process of the move into your house (and maybe even setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Are you sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are seeking a bed that can help cool you down at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress you’re looking for. This mattress features cooling technology to draw body heat away from sleepers.
In the beginning, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special textile that draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the feel. Additionally, it has an underlying layer of gel memory foam that as well as being cooling, offers lots of comfort and relief from pain.
Another notable cooling characteristic is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is famous as the brand that has their “Ghost Ice” cover for the majority of its mattresses. It is also made of a phase change material that assists in helping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only drawback is that it can be a bit slippery, and you might want to use an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep it comfortable and cozy.
In terms of comfort, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide the back and side sleepers an ideal combination of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its fantastic motion absorption and the bounce (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your primary concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy the GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great option. It blends soft top foams and supportive steel coilsthat helps keep your spine in a healthy alignment and avoids back problems. Actually, the support is so sturdy that it might also be a good alternative for those who weigh more than 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only position that is suitable for the Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be very comfortable sleeping on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into the mattress and allow you to get some refreshing pressure relief and your hips should are supported.
Hot sleepers will feel right at home on this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer has a lot of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from what’s known as Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly comfortable, and as an added touch, it has a thin coating of cooling gel that is placed on top. All of these features will assist in helping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note it’s a receptive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feel that memory foam provides. So if you’re a fan of the feeling of a quicksand, you may want to look elsewhere.
Are you thinking that you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Shop here for the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils that provide a mixture of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say that it’s a bit soft and scored a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for an example, the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This is what makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side, who should feel some fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips slide into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth noting that this section of comfort is made of not two, but one layer of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both are specifically designed to keep sleepers comfortable, the latter being a graphite-infused version from the first Nolah AirFoam found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer an extra soft mattress may like the Nolah and it’s an ideal choice for couples. Not only will they experience the mix of comfort and support we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco-Support Coils. With a height of 8′ the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam that holds up the sides of the mattress, as well as the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Is it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you liked then you could benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Here are some of my recommendations based on your body type and age, sleeping position, and managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions pressure points at their hips and shoulders. We have compiled a list of the best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal level of pressure relief and support to keep their spines straight, and usually, that’s in a mattress that is medium-firm. There are some top-quality options in the best mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive bed that keeps their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s crucial in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move about and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a an average-firm feel, similar to the ones in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based upon coils to support. They typically are firm and bouncy in feel that is ideal for back, stomach, and mixed sleepers. You can check out our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coils and foam, and their feel varies widely. Check out the best hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They use layers of foam to cushion and support the sleeper. Mattresses made of memory foam are favored type of all-foam mattress that offers a wide range of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Check out the best memory foam mattress to know more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed using environmentally friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay Latex Foam. They are naturally cool and lively. Combination sleepers and heavy people often like these beds. Check out the most popular latex mattresses for more on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to support the sleeper throughout the night! The best adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our roundup of the best air mattresses..
Choosing a sleep surface that reduces pain is particularly important for sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options which can ease different types of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest you look at the top mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or best mattresses for sciatica articles to learn more about pain relief solutions.
- If you want a durable quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re looking at getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the price, take a look at the most comfortable mattresses available for the price.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, take a look at our top mattresses that cost less than 1,000 as well as the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for mattresses that are cool to sleep on, I’d recommend opting for one of the following: mattress made of latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage the circulation of air, and this is crucial for keeping the temperature at a minimum at night.
- Here are my top breathable beds in our list of best mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lbs) will often find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest those who sleep light to glance at best soft mattresses to make sure they receive the relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) require a mattress that provides extra support to prevent the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. To find out how to pick the best mattress that is suitable for your body, visit our page to find the the best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique requirements for sleep! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for kids..
- For seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet they are also gentle on joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattresses for seniors to discover a feeling that works for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have unique sleep needs, as well! Find out more about selecting an appropriate mattress in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you share a bed with a companion (or pet! ) it is essential to pick a mattress that features low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples for a few examples, as well as beds that have impressive edges, cool features and other requirements that couples could take into consideration.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattresses for sex are able to check out our guide for beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Mattress For Kids Bed FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this, so it’s important to take your personal budget into account. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses available in every price range! A budget mattress is typically considered one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress every 7-10 years. But, mattresses can fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it with care. You can also extend the lifespan of a mattress that is old for several months by using a mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s important to look over the warranty. It can also give you an idea of how long it should last.
What is the best mattress for back stiffness?
Many people suffering from back pain find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is ideal for their back. The type of mattress you choose will assist you in keeping your spine straight during the night as well as help ease a lot of pain. To find a mattress that will ease your back pain, look through our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. With that in mind, they’re best off with a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses on this list that include those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. To get a larger selection, they can always go through our selection of the best sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the ideal mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are on the other end of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they usually prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. The majority of mattresses in this list will be a great match for those who sleep on their sides, most notably the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Kids Bed