So you’re in the market to buy a brand new bed, but aren’t sure what to look for. There are plenty of options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more swirling in the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So what’s the best mattress for 2022? Top Mattress For Kid
Remember that the word “best” is a bit subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features from their bed, so what’s best for one person will not work for another.
That’s why we have a variety of subjects in our mind while presenting our top picks. Our goal is that all folks should be able to get not only an “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the details of each of these beds we’d like to tell you a little bit about how we came to choose the beds.
Here at Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses through our bed lab. We’ve put each one through tests like pressure mapping and assessing motion transfer using seismometer. From there, we give each bed an overall rating in accordance with the material and comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also factor in the performance of the brand, such as value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the top of the best, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into account. Every mattress in this list is rated 4 out of 5 or more. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which were awarded an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you must look for a bed that checks all the boxes. You want something with good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and high-quality mattress materials that don’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of the more costly models, but at a more affordable price. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil construction, it has a traditional innerspring feeling that is an ideal fit to a wide range of sleepers. It also comes in three different firmness levels (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm) that makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Back and stomach sleepers should be most comfortable on the Luxury as well as the Firm model. While side sleepers should enjoy more of the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers, they’ll likely be able to change positions on any of the models, because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. It even has an HD model specially designed for heavier sleepers.
Another added bonus of the Saatva is that its coils give the bed exceptional edge support. You should be able to lie down or sit close to the edge of your mattress and not feel like it’s going to fall over or cause you to fall off. The only issue with its springy nature is that it results in quite a lot of motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with an individual, you could feel each other’s movements at night, especially if one (or both) are the type of sleeper who is light.
Finally, it’s worth shining a light on some of the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made of organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have to worry about sleeping with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be an extremely recognizable names in the mattress industry due to its flexibility. Customers are able to take a sleep test via the Helix website that takes their body type, sleeping preferences, and other factors into consideration , so that the company can suggest the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side-sleeper is likely to be pointed toward the Helix Midnight — a moderately firm mattress that gives an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body, and it cradles vulnerable areas such as the shoulders and hips, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because it’s where they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be satisfied with this combination of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. As a hybrid, there’s a layer of pockets beneath the foams that provide adequate support for 2 persons. This also causes a tiny bit of bounce, it’s not enough to seriously disturb either of you. In addition, the firmness makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking out Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes more foam layer. Also, you can take a look at other of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean that you have to spend a fortune just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For instance, Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is a great value buy that packs a serious relaxation punch, without costing you a fortune.
The current price is less than $1,000 for a Queen after discounts The memory foam bed is made of 5″ of soft mattress made of gel. This allows for ample comfort and a deep body contour that can work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They will also feel extreme pressure relief as well as soft support around the hips and shoulders.
However it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar has enough support in its high-density foam below the back, which will appreciate the moderate level of firmness. What’s more is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion throughout the structure and makes it a fantastic choice for couples. And if anyone’s in search for a bed that is super soft, they should check out this brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional features and bells.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Get an even better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with a partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples want. It is available in a Medium, Soft, and Firm model, so most couples should be in a position to find the right bed for them. Each of them has solid edges (which make the bed feel larger) and solid motion isolationthat keeps you from being a victim of your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples must also consider cooling when looking for the best mattress for them, since two bodies emit much more heat to the body than one. However, this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature mattress, which is made of the naturally cooling latex-like foam in its comfort layer. Additionally, it has an innovative design that incorporates springs that can accommodate plenty of airflow.
Another trait that should appeal to lovebirds are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam) and makes it a good mattress for sexual sex. Also, it’s important to note that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company can pass on savings onto the customer. This makes Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and all of the other products by the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds and above), then you need a mattress that’s going to comfortably support you. The WinkBed is available with four levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus. The Plus is constructed with steel reinforced coils designed for heavier folks. These strengthened springs also result in stronger edge support which allows you to spread to the edge of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides mild pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and ample firmness thanks to its coil-like support layer. The mattress also offers zones of support (a mixture of soft and more firm foams, based on the region) to help you alleviate backaches and muscle pains, specifically in your back.
Apart from it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool-sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils allow for an abundance of airflow. This will help those who sleep more to keep their temperature at a minimum through the entire night.
Does this sound like the mattress of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our scale of firmness it is a Bear is a good choice for those looking for a firm and supportive mattress. This comes from a thick layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is topped by a thinner layer of responsive transition foam.
There should be sufficient support for back sleepers. they’ll also benefit from a shape from a cushion of comfort foam that’s coated by graphite. This keeps the mattress cool, as does a covering made of breathable, light material known as Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only notable characteristic of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can increase blood flow and might help in the recovery process. The Bear a great fit for those who lives an active life.
If you’re eager to curl in your Bear, get our most affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require a lot of support to keep their spines aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure to avoid pain in low back. They could find a great combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that combines a tandem with memory foam and poly foam, as well as pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud slightly firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top of the mattress. In addition they’ll feel a bit of a hug from the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel that prevents it from absorbing heat the way traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you decide to opting for the DreamCloud, know that it’s a hefty bed, so it may be beneficial to help you with getting it in your house (and possibly setup) once it arrives.
Have you bought the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot looking for a mattress that can help keep you cool at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress you’re looking for. This mattress is built with cooling technology that helps draw your body’s warmth away from sleepers.
The first is the infusion Phase Change Material, a special textile which draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the touch. Additionally, it has an underlying layer of gel memory foam that, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of comfort and cushioning.
One other notable cooling feature as a brand GhostBed is well-known by its “Ghost Ice” cover for some their mattresses. Additionally, it is made from a phase change material which aids in ensuring that with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. Its only disadvantage is that it can be a bit slippery, so you may prefer a fitted sheet on your bed to keep it nice and snug.
In terms of feel, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer side sleepers and back sleepers an ideal balance of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples due to its fantastic motion absorption and its bounciness (a plus for sex).
If you’re primarily concerned with maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent option. It combines soft top foams with supportive steel coils, which helps keep your spine in a healthy alignment and prevents back issues. Actually the support is sturdy that it might also be a good option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only option to sleep in the Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel comfortable sleeping on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the mattress and let you enjoy some relief from the pressure, while your hips still feel supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should be comfortable with this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer provides plenty of room for airflow. The comfort layer is made with something called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely breathable and, as an additional bonus, it comes with a thin coating of cooling gel on top. All of these traits should help to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting the fact that it’s a receptive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feel of memory foam. If you’re a lover of that quicksand feeling then you might want to consider a different bed.
Think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Shop here for our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils that provide a mixture of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s a bit soft with a score of 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for an example, the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This is what makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who can expect to feel amazing pressure relief as their hips and shoulders slide into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth pointing out that this comfort section is comprised of not just only one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of them are specifically designed to keep sleepers at a comfortable temperature, with the former being a graphite-infused variation from the first Nolah AirFoam that is found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like mattresses that are soft might like the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfortable option for couples. Not only will they feel that mixture of support and comfort that we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco-Support Coils. At 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that holds up both sides of the mattress, and also the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Is the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you liked, you might benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Below are a few of my suggestions based upon your body type, age, sleep posture, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points in their shoulders and hips. Check out our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good level of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and they’ll typically find that in a medium-firm mattress. There are some top-quality options in the best mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that keeps their hips in alignment to their shoulders. Find out why this is crucial in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move around on and switch positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with a medium-firm feel, like the ones in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely in coil systems to provide support. They often feature a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for stomach, back, and mixed sleepers. We have a list of our best innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coil and foam support and their feeling is different. Take a look at the most popular hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They make use of layers of foam to both cushion and help the sleeper. Mattresses made of memory foam are well-known type of all-foam mattress that offers a wide range of body-contouring and pressure relief. Look over the most comfortable memory foam mattresses to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed using green Dunlop or Talalay Latex Foam. They are naturally cool and lively. Combination sleepers and heavy people typically like these mattresses. Check out the most popular latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses utilize air to help sleepers overnight! Some of the top adjustable beds are the most advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our roundup of the best air mattresses.
Choosing a sleep surface that can help ease the pain is crucial for those who live with chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options which can ease kinds of pain. Based on your needs, I’d recommend looking at the best pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the best sciatica mattresses articles to learn more about pain relief solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, check out the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re looking at finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the price check out the best mattresses for the price.
- If you’re on a strict budget, take a look at our top mattresses that cost less than $1000 and the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for mattresses that are cool to sleep on I suggest a Latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase ventilation, which can be crucial for keeping a low temperature at night.
- My top breathable beds in our list of top cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 pounds) will often have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend for these sleepers to take a glance at most comfortable mattresses to ensure that they receive the relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) require a mattress with an extra level of support to stop premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are the most important considerations. To find out how to pick a mattress for your body type, visit our page for top mattresses designed for heavy people.
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique sleeping needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- Seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet they are also gentle on joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattress for older people to find one that will work well for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have unique sleep needs, too! Learn more about choosing a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you share a bed with a spouse (or pet! ) It is important to choose an option that is low in motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the best mattresses for couples for a few examples and mattresses that offer exceptional edge support, cooling options, and other needs that couples could consider.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattress for sex can check out our guide for beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For Kid FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this but it’s essential to take your personal budget into account. Thankfully, there are great mattresses available at all price points! Overall, a budget mattress is typically considered one that’s under $1,000 for a queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress each 7-10 years. However, a mattress may fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a good foundation or treat it with care. You can also extend the life of an old mattress for several months by using an mattress protector.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s essential to take a look at its warranty. This can also give you an idea of how long it should last.
What is the best mattress for back discomfort?
The majority of people with back pain will find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is ideal for their back. This kind of bed can assist you in keeping your spine straight throughout the night as well as help ease a lot of back pain. To find a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, check out our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re best off with a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses on this list, the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. For a more expansive choice, check out our roundup of the most comfortable mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are on the other end of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they generally prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. Many of the mattresses in this list will be an ideal fit for side sleepers especially the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Kid