You’re looking to buy a brand new bed but have no idea what to look for. Not only are there choices available at brick and mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more rumbling around in the world of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So what’s the best mattress for 2022? Top Mattress For Keeping You Cool
Well, keep in mind that the word “best” is somewhat subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics from a bed, so what’s best for one person will not work for another.
We made sure to keep a broad range of categories in mind when presenting our top picks. Our hope is that most users will be able get not only an “best” mattress however, but one that is the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the details of each of these beds, we’d like to share a little bit about the process we used to choose them.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models in our mattress lab. We’ve put every one of them through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer with the seismometer. Then, we assign each mattress an overall score according to the materials used and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also consider the performance of the brand, like value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent among the top, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into account. Every last mattress in this list is rated 4 out of 5 or more. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, it’s important to find a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support as well as pressure relief that cushions and top-quality materials that won’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva has all the benefits of those expensive models, but at an affordable cost. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil structure, it offers a traditional innerspring feeling that is suitable for all types of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) that further widens its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers should be the most comfortable on the Luxury and Firm versions while those who sleep on their sides should prefer using the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination, they’ll likely be able to quickly shift positions with any of the models, thanks to the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. The Saatva has even got an HD model specially designed for heavier sleepers.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is its coils give the bed outstanding edge support. It should be possible to lie down or sit close to the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s going to collapse or cause you to fall off. The only downside to its springy nature is that it causes quite a lot of motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with an individual, you could be able to feel each other’s movements during the late at night, particularly if either or both of you is a light sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining a light on some of Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made of organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need be concerned about sleeping with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be among the top recognizable names in the mattress industry due to its customizable. Customers are able to take a sleep test via the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleeping preferences, as well as other aspects into account so that the brand can recommend the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side-sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight, a moderately firm mattress that gives the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and cradles delicate areas like hips and shoulders. This is essential for side sleepers because it’s where they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be content with this mix of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Because it’s a hybrid mattress that has a layer of pockets beneath the foams that provide enough support for two persons. This also causes a tiny bit of bounce, it’s not enough to seriously disturb the other person or you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes extra foam layers. Also, you can look at our other best-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re sold on this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you need to shell out a lot to get a good night’s Zzz’s. As an example, it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress that packs a powerful comfort punch without breaking the bank.
The current price is less than $1,000 for a Queen after discounts The memory foam bed is constructed of 5″ of soft Gel memory foam. This provides ample sinkage and deep body-contouring that can work wonders for side sleepers. They will also feel intense pressure relief and soft support around the shoulders and hips.
At the same time, the Nectar offers enough support thanks to its high-density foam below for back sleepers, who will appreciate the moderate level of firmness. What’s more is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion across the structure which makes it an ideal pick for couples. And if anyone’s in search for a bed that is super soft, they should check out the brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional features and bells.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? You can get a much better deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with a partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It is available in three different sizes: Soft, Medium, and Firm model and most couples will be capable of finding the bed that is right for their preferences. Each of them has sturdy edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and solid motion isolation, keeping you from feeling your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples should also be aware of cooling when shopping for a new mattress, as two bodies give off more body heat than one. However, this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature mattress, which is made of an naturally cool, latex-like foam that is in the cushion layer. It also has a hybrid design with springs that allow for a lot of airflow.
Another feature that will be attractive to lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam), which makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex. Also, it’s important to note it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand is able to pass savings to the consumer. This is what makes Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and all of the brand’s products) an affordable mattress for couples, though one that still has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds and above) is the case, you’ll need an appropriate mattress that can adequately support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four firmness levels including Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These springs are strengthened, resulting in a stronger edge support, which allows you to spread until the very end of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides mild pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and ample firmness thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zoned support (a combination of softer and more firm foams, based on the region) to help you alleviate backaches and muscle pains, specifically for back pain.
Apart from the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool sleeping. The cover is breathable and made of eco-friendly Tencel and the coils allow for plenty of airflow. This will help those who sleep more maintain a cool temperature through the entire night.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear is a good choice for those looking for a firm and supportive bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam on the bottom. It is topped by a thinner layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be more than enough support here for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also get a little bit of contouring from a cushion of comfort foam coated by graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does a covering made of breathable, light material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noticeable characteristic of Celliant. Some studies show that it can also improve blood flow and might help in the recovery process. The Bear the perfect choice for those who is active.
If you’re eager to curl up with the Bear, get our most affordable deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require lots of support to ensure their spines are aligned and also get the relief from pressure to avoid pain in low back. They could find a great combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines an amalgamation of memory foam, poly foam and pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top of the mattress. At the same time they’ll feel a touch of comfort by the foam memory.
In addition, the memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel, keeping it from trapping heat like the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow space for a lot of airflow.
If you decide to going for the DreamCloud, know that it’s a very heavy bed, so it may be beneficial to help you with the move into your home (and possibly setup) once it arrives.
Are you sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot looking for a mattress that will to cool down during the night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice you’re looking for. The mattress has cooling technology that helps draw body heat away from the sleeper.
First, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the touch. It also comes with the gel memory foam, which, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of cushioning and pain relief.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy: As a brand, GhostBed is well-known by the “Ghost Ice” cover for some their mattresses. It is also made of a Phase Change Material that assists in helping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only drawback is that it could be slippery, which is why you may want to use sheets that are fitted to your bed that keeps everything comfortable and cozy.
In terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer side sleepers and back sleepers an ideal combination of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples due to its amazing motion absorption and bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your primary concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who’s had problems with back discomfort in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent alternative. It blends soft top foams with supportive steel coils, which aids in keeping your spine in a healthy position and helps prevent back pain. Actually the support is sturdy that it might also be a great option for heavy sleepers over 250 lb.
But it’s not the only position that is suitable that works with this Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be very at ease sleeping on your back. The shoulders ought to sink down into your bed and let you enjoy some relief from pressure while your hips are supported.
Hot sleepers will be comfortable in this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil provides plenty of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made of something called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely airy and as an added touch, it has an extremely thin layer of cooling gel up top. All of these features will aid in keeping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting the fact that it’s a responsive mattress and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel of memory foam. If you’re fond of the feeling of a quicksand it might be a good idea to look elsewhere.
Are you thinking that you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Find us here to get our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils that provide the perfect blend of comfort and support. In general, we’d say it’s on the softer side, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for context medium firm is 6.5/10). This is what makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side, who should feel some incredible pressure relief when their shoulders and hips are sunk into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth noting that the comfort section is comprised of not just one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both are designed to keep the sleeper comfortable, the second being a graphite-infused variation that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam used in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer mattresses that are soft might enjoy the Nolah and it’s a comfortable option for couples. It’s not just that they’ll feel that mixture of support and comfort we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Support Coils. At 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which is used to support both sides of the mattress, and also the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Is it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you liked then you could benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Here are some of my suggestions based upon body type, age, sleep position, and managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion pressure points at their hips and shoulders. Check out our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal combination of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain in a straight line, and usually, that’s in a mattress that is medium-firm. You can find high-end options in the best mattresses to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that keeps their hips in alignment to their shoulders. Find out why this is crucial in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are simple to move around on and switch positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a mattress that is bouncy and has a moderate firmness, such as the ones we have in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built in coil systems to provide support. They often are firm and bouncy in feel and work well for back, stomach and combo sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coils and foam and their feeling varies widely. Take a look at the most popular hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They make use of layers of foam to both cushion and help the sleeper. Memory foam mattresses are a well-known type of all-foam mattress , which offer a lot of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Take a look at the best memory foam mattresses to find out more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are typically made with eco-friendly Dunlop or Talalay Latex Foam. They are naturally cool and lively. Combination sleepers and heavy people are often awed by these mattresses. Check out the best latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses make use of air to support the sleeper throughout the night! The most comfortable adjustable mattresses are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Learn more in our roundup of the the top air mattresses..
Choosing a sleep surface that can help ease the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that can help you with different types of pain. Based on your needs, I’d recommend looking at the top pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to learn more about pain relief solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, take a look at the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re interested in finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the price, take a look at the best mattresses for the cost.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, check out our best mattresses under 1,000 as well as the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of mattresses that are cool to sleep on I would suggest you go with an innerspring, latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote ventilation, which can be essential to keep the temperature low at night.
- You can see my favorite air-conditioned beds in our roundup of top mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lbs) will often find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend those who sleep light to look at the best soft mattresses to ensure they receive the relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 1 lb) need a bed with an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are typically the main concerns. For more information on how to select the best mattress that is suitable for your body go to our site to find the best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Kids are growing rapidly and evolving bodies that have specific sleeping needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- The elderly (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide flexibility and support, yet they are also gentle on joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattress for older people to discover a feeling that will work well for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have unique sleeping needs too! Find out more about selecting a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you have a bed to share with a partner (or pet! ) it is essential to select an option that is low in motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples for some examples including beds with impressive Edge support and cooling features and other requirements that couples might be thinking about.
- Couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy can check out our guide for mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For Keeping You Cool FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this and it’s crucial to take your own budget into consideration. There are a variety of great mattresses available at nearly every price point! A budget mattress is generally considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your old mattress at least every seven to ten years. But, mattresses can fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it roughly. You can also extend the life of a mattress several months by putting on the mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, you need to check its warranty. This will also provide you with an idea of the length it should last.
What is the best mattress for back discomfort?
Many people suffering from back pain find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is best for those with back pain. This type of bed will help you keep your spine straight during the night, which can help alleviate a lot of back pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which will help you with your particular back pain, check out our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. This is why they’re better off using a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses listed on this list it’s the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. For a more expansive choice, look through our list of the best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are at the other side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they usually prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. A majority of the mattresses listed here should be an ideal fit for side sleepers, most notably those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Keeping You Cool