So you’re in the market for a new mattress, but aren’t sure what to look for. There are plenty of options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more rumbling around in the realm of online bed-in-a box brands. So , what’s the ideal bed for you in 2022? Top Mattress For Keeping Cool
Well, keep in mind that the concept of “best” is a bit subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features from a bed, so what is effective for one individual will not work for another.
That’s why we made sure to keep a broad range of subjects in our mind while presenting our top picks. We hope that the majority of people will be able to find not just”the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the nitty gritty of each of these beds, we’d like to share a little bit about the process we used to select these beds.
Here at Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses within our lab for mattresses, running every mattress through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with the seismometer. We then give every bed an overall score according to the materials used as well as comfort, support cooling, and edge support. We also consider brand performance with categories like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the best among the top, we really took each bed’s overall score into account. Every last mattress in this list has an overall score of 4 or higher. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which were awarded an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you should look for a bed that can tick all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support, cushioning pressure relief, and quality materials that won’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of the more costly models, but for an affordable cost. With a durable coil-on-coil construction, it has a traditional innerspring feel , which is a good fit to a wide range of sleepers. It also comes with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm and Firm) that increases its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers are likely to be the most comfortable on the Luxury or Firm models. While side sleepers will appreciate more of the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers will likely be able to switch positions on any model, thanks to the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model specially designed for those who sleep heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva is that its coils provide the mattress with exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to sleep or sit close to the edge of your mattress and not feel like it’s going to fall over or make you fall over. The only downside to the Saatva’s springiness is that it creates fairly high motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with an individual, you could feel each other’s movements at night, especially if one or the other are a light sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made from Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need the worry of sleeping near toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become one of the most recognizable brands in the mattress market because of its customization. Customers are able to take a sleep test on the Helix website and take the body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into account so that the company can suggest the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper most likely, you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, which is a medium-firm mattress that offers a hug-like feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and supports delicate areas like shoulders and hips, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because that’s the place they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be content with this mix of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Since it’s a hybrid with a mattress, it has pocketed coils below the foams, which creates adequate support for 2 persons. While this also results in some bounce, it’s not enough to cause any major disturbance to you or your partner. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, you should check out the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes additional foam layers. Also, you can look at our other top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re sold on the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it — mattresses aren’t cheap. However, that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For instance, it’s the Nectar mattress is a great bargain with a significant relaxation punch, without costing you a fortune.
Currently priced at under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts This memory foam mattress is built by using 5″ of soft gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of relaxation and body contouring that can work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. You should also feel extreme pressure relief as well as soft support around the hips and shoulders.
However, the Nectar has enough support in the high-density foam beneath for back sleepers, who will appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion across the mattress which makes it an ideal pick for couples. If you’re in the market for a bed that is super soft, they should check out the brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra features and bells.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Get an even cheaper bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with a partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It is available in a Soft, Medium and Firm version and most couples will be capable of finding the right bed for their preferences. All models have sturdy edges (which make the bed feel larger) and a solid motion isolation, keeping you from being a victim of your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples must also consider cooling when shopping for the best mattress for them, since two bodies produce more body heat than one. But this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature mattress, which is made of a naturally cooling, similar to latex in its comfort layer. It also has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that allow for a lot of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to attract lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam) that makes it an ideal mattress for sex. Also, it’s important to note it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand can pass on savings on to customers. This is what makes the Signature (and all of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, though one that has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds and above) and you’re looking for a mattress that will adequately support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four firmness levels including Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally the Plus. The Plus is made with reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. The strengthened springs result in a stronger edge support, which allows you to spread to the very end to the edge of your bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides gentle pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as lots of support from its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zoned support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, based on the location) to ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically in your back.
In addition to this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool-sleeping. The cover is breathable and made of eco-friendly Tencel and the coils provide a ton of airflow. This will help those who sleep more maintain a cool temperature through the entire night.
Does this sound like the mattress of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our scale of firmness it is a Bear will appeal to those who are looking for a comfortable and supportive bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density foam at the bottom, over which is a lighter layer of responsive transition foam.
There should be more than enough support here for back sleepers, and they’ll also get a little shape from a comfortable layer of memory foam coated by graphite. This keeps the mattress cool, as does the mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noticeable feature of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can also improve blood flow, which could help in the recovery process. The Bear a great fit for anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re eager to curl up on the Bear, get our most affordable deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need plenty of support to keep their spines aligned, while also receiving the necessary pressure relief to prevent pain at the lower back. They could find a great combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines an amalgamation with memory foam and poly foam, and pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top bed. At the same time, they’ll get a little touch of comfort due to the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel, keeping it from trapping heat like the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow space for a lot of airflow.
If you decide to going for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it might be beneficial to assist in the process of moving it into your house (and possibly setup) when it arrives.
Sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are seeking a bed that can help to cool down during the night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the one for you. This mattress features cooling technology that helps draw your body’s warmth away from the sleeper.
In the beginning, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric which draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the feel. Additionally, it has a layer of gel memory foam which, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of cushioning and pain relief.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy as a brand GhostBed is well-known by its “Ghost Ice” cover on some of its mattresses. Additionally, it is made from a Phase Change Material, it assists in helping to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only downside is it could be slippery, so you may want to use a fitted sheet on your bed that keeps everything neat and secure.
For feel In terms of comfort, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give side sleepers and back sleepers the perfect balance of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples because of its amazing motion absorption and bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If your primary concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great alternative. It blends soft top foams and supportive steel coilsthat aids in keeping your spine within a balanced alignment and avoids back problems. In fact the support is so sturdy that it might also be an ideal option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only position that is suitable to sleep in this Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be at ease sleeping on your back. The shoulders ought to sink down into the mattress and allow you to get some relief from the pressure, and your hips should are supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel right at home in the Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design provides plenty of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made of something called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly breathable and as an added feature, it features a thin coating of cooling gel that is placed on the top. All of these features will help you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting it’s a receptive bed that doesn’t offer the more sluggish feel that memory foam provides. So if you’re a fan of the feeling of a quicksand it might be a good idea to look elsewhere.
Think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Shop here for the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils that provide a mixture of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say that it’s a bit soft, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for context, the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who will feel amazing pressure relief as their shoulders and hips are sunk into the comfort layer.
It’s worth pointing out that this section of comfort is made of not only one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both are designed to keep the sleeper at a comfortable temperature, with the latter being a graphite-infused variation of the original Nolah AirFoam found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer an extra soft mattress may like the Nolah and it’s a comfy choice for couples. Not only will they get that mix of support and comfort that we mentioned — they’ll be able stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco-Support Coils. With a height of 8′ they are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which supports the sides of the bed, and also the middle. That means Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Is it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you liked, you might benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Here are some of my suggestions based on your body type as well as age, sleep posture, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. We have compiled a list of the best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate level of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain straight, and they’ll typically find that in a medium-firm mattress. There are some top-quality alternatives in the best mattresses for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that keeps their hips in alignment to their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s crucial in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are easy to move about and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a bouncy mattress with moderate firmness, such as those in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based in coil systems to provide support. They typically have a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for back, stomach and combination sleepers. We have a list of our best innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of foam and coil support, and their feel is different. Take a look at the top hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They use layers of foam that cushion and support the sleeper. They are the most favored type of all-foam mattress , which provide a great body contouring and relief from pressure. Look over the best mattress made of memory foam to know more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed using environmentally friendly Dunlop and Talalay Latex Foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. Heavy people and sleepers in combination typically like these beds. Look over the best latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses use air to support the sleeper overnight! Some of the best adjustable beds are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Get more information in our review of the top air mattresses.
Choosing a sleep surface that reduces pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that can help you with kinds of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest you look at the top pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the best sciatica mattresses articles to know more about pain relief solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, check out the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re interested in finding a high-quality bed which is worth the price consider looking at the top mattresses for your money.
- If you’re on a strict budget, take a look at our top mattresses for under $1,000 as well as the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for mattresses that are cool to sleep on I suggest a mattress made of latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase the circulation of air, and this is essential to keep the temperature low at night.
- You can see my favorite breathable beds in our roundup of best cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lb) are likely to find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest these sleepers take a look at the best soft mattresses to ensure they have the pressure relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) require a mattress that offers an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. To find out how to pick the right mattress that suits your body, visit our page for top mattresses designed for heavy people.
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique sleep needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- Seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional-looking mattresses that provide mobility and support, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I suggest looking at our top mattress for older adults to discover a feeling that works for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have their own sleep needs, too! Learn more about how to choose a comfortable mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a companion (or pet! ) it is essential to pick one that has low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the best mattresses for couples for a few examples including beds that have impressive Edge support and cooling options as well as other features that couples could be thinking about.
- Couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy can look through our guide to beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Mattress For Keeping Cool FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here but it’s essential to take your personal budget into consideration. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses in every price range! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is generally considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress each 7-10 years. However, a mattress may sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it with care. You can also prolong the life of an old mattress for several months by putting on an mattress protector.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s essential to look over its warranty. This will also provide you with an idea of the length it’s expected to last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back pain?
Many people suffering from back pain find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is ideal for them. The type of mattress you choose will assist you in keeping your spine straight during the night and can ease a lot of pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which will ease your back pain, take a look at our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. With that in mind, they’re better off using a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses on this list it’s they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. For a more expansive choice, look through our list of the top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers fall on the other end of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they tend to prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their shoulders hips. A majority of the mattresses in this list will be ideal for those who sleep on their sides particularly the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Keeping Cool