You’re looking of a mattress but don’t know where to start. Not only are there choices to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more rumbling around in the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. What’s the most suitable mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress For Joint Pain
Remember that the term “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different types of sleepers require different features of a mattress, and what is effective for one individual will not work for another.
We kept a wide range of different categories when presenting our top choices. Our goal is that all users will be able discover not only an “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the in-depth details of each of these beds, we’d like to share an overview of how we came to select them.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 products through our bed lab, putting each one through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer with the seismometer. From there, we give every bed an overall score according to the materials used, comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also consider the performance of the brand, like warranty and value.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent among the top, we really considered each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every last mattress listed here is rated 4 out of 5 or above. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which were awarded an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you must find a mattress that checks all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support, cushioning pressure relief, and quality materials that won’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva has all the advantages of the more expensive models, but at a more affordable price. With a durable coil-on-coil construction, it has the traditional innerspring feel that should be suitable to a wide range of sleepers. It’s also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm and Firm), which makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers are likely to be most comfortable with the Luxury as well as the Firm model. While side sleepers should enjoy using the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers, they’ll likely be able to quickly change positions on any of the models thanks to the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. There’s even an HD model designed specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva is that its coils provide the mattress with outstanding edge support. It should be possible to sit on or sleep close to the edge of your mattress without fearing that it’s about to fall down or cause you to slide off. The only drawback to the Saatva’s springiness is that it causes an extremely high amount of motion transfer so if you’re sleeping with your partner, you might sense each other’s movements at night, especially if one or both of you are a light sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made with natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need be concerned about sleeping near toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now among the top recognizable names in the mattress game due to its flexibility. Customers are able to take a sleep test on the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleeping preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration so that the company can suggest the best mattress for them.
If you’re a sleeper on the side is likely to be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, an average-firm mattress that provides a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and supports sensitive areas like the shoulders and hips, which is essential for side sleepers because it’s where they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be happy with this combination of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. As a hybrid, there’s a layer of pocketed coils below the foams, providing enough support for two people. Although this can cause a tiny bit of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to disturb either of you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side looking for a bit more plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking out the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with additional foam layers. You can also check out more of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. If you’re sold on the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or buts about it — mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For instance, it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress with a significant relaxation punch, without spending a lot of money.
At present, it is priced under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts This memory foam mattress is made of 5″ of plush mattress made of gel. This gives you plenty of relaxation and body contouring that can work wonders for side sleepers. You should also feel extreme pressure relief as well as cushions at the hips and shoulders.
However the Nectar offers enough support thanks to its high-density foam below the back, which are likely to appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of movement across the mattress which makes it an ideal pick for couples. If anyone is in search of a mattress that’s super soft and would like to know more about this brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional alarms.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Get an even better deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with someone else, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples need. It is available in a Medium, Soft and Firm version, so most couples should be capable of finding a bed that works for their needs. Each of them has strong edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and solid motion isolation, keeping you from feeling your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples should also take cooling into consideration when looking for a new mattress, as two bodies produce more body heat than one. But this isn’t a problem with the Signature, which has a naturally cooling, latex-like foam in the cushion layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative design that incorporates springs that have room for plenty of airflow.
Another trait that should be attractive to lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) that makes it a great mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand is able to pass savings on to customers. This is what makes Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and all of the other products by the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, though one that’s still an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 lb and over), then you need an appropriate mattress that can adequately support you. The WinkBed is available with four levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then, the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These strengthened springs also result in stronger edge support allowing you to spread out all the way to the edge of the bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some soft pressure relief thanks to its quilted pillow-top layer and ample firmness thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zones of support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, depending on the region) to help ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically in your back.
In addition to it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool-sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made out of sustainable Tencel, and the coils provide plenty of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers keep a low temperature throughout the night.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our firmness scale, the Bear is a good choice for those who are looking for a comfortable and comfortable bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density foam in the middle, followed by a thin layer of responsive transition foam.
There should be sufficient support for back sleepers. they’ll also benefit from a bit of contouring from the comfort layer of memory foam coated by graphite. This makes the mattress cool, and so does a cover of breathable, lightweight material known as Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only notable aspect of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can increase blood flow and could aid in the recovery process. The Bear an ideal choice for athletes or anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re looking to snuggle in your Bear, get our most affordable deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require plenty of support to keep their spines aligned while also getting requisite pressure relief to prevent pain in their lower back. They could find a great combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses the combination with memory foam and poly foam, as well as pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top mattress. While at the same time, they’ll get a little touch of comfort from the memory foam.
The memory foam has an infusion of cooling gel that prevents it from absorbing heat like traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils allow space for a lot of airflow.
If you do end up choosing the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a very heavy bed, so it may be a good idea to assist you in getting it in your house (and possibly setup) once it arrives.
Sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are looking for a mattress that will help cool you down at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress that is right for you. The mattress has cooling technology to draw your body’s warmth away from sleeping.
First, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that absorbs heat from the sleeping person and feels cool to the touch. Additionally, it has the gel memory foam that as well as being cool, provides plenty of comfort and relief from pain.
Another notable cooling characteristic: As a brand, GhostBed is known as the brand that has the “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on some mattress models. Additionally, it is made from a Phase Change Material which helps with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only drawback is that it could be slippery, which is why you may want to use sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep everything neat and secure.
In terms of feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer those who sleep on their sides and backs a balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also an excellent choice for couples due to its excellent motion absorption as well as the bounce (a plus for sex).
If your primary concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with the GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great alternative. It is a combination of soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat assists in keeping your spine within a neutral alignment and prevents back issues. In fact the support is robust that it could be a good alternative for those who weigh more than 250 pounds.
But it’s not the only suitable position to sleep in Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel comfortable sleeping on your side. Your shoulders should sink into the bed and let you enjoy some relief from pressure and your hips should are supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel right at home with this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil has a lot of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is made with what’s called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly comfortable and, as an additional touch, it has a thin coating of cooling gel that is placed on over the top. All of these traits should assist in helping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting the fact that it’s a responsive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel of memory foam. So if you’re a fan of the quicksand feel then you might want to reconsider your options.
You think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Shop here for our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils for the perfect blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say it’s a bit soft, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for an example the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This is what makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who can expect to feel amazing pressure relief as their hips and shoulders are sunk into the comfort layer.
It’s worth pointing out that the comfort section is composed of not two, but one layer of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of these materials are specifically designed to keep sleepers cool, with the second being a graphite-infused variation of the original Nolah AirFoam found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer an extra soft mattress may appreciate the Nolah, plus it’s also an ideal choice for couples. Not only will they feel that mixture of support and comfort you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Support Coils. at 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam for support, which holds up both sides of the bed as well as the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are you sure that you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you were looking for then you could benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Below are a few of my recommendations based on the type of body, age, sleep posture, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal level of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain straight, and they’ll typically find that in the middle-firm range of mattresses. They can find some high-quality alternatives in the top mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm bed that keeps their hips in alignment to their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s crucial in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are simple to move about and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with a medium-firm feel, like the ones in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based on coil support systems. They typically are firm and bouncy in feel and work well for back, stomach, and combo sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of foam and coil support and their comfort differs widely. Find the most popular hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They use layers of foam to cushion and support the sleeping person. Memory foam mattresses are a well-known type of all-foam mattress that offer a lot of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Take a look at the best mattress made of memory foam to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed from green Dunlop or Talalay latex. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. Combination sleepers and heavy people often like these mattresses. Check out the most popular latex mattresses for more on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses use air to help sleepers all night! The best adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our roundup of the best air mattresses.
The choice of a bed that helps mitigate pain is particularly important for sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options which can ease different types of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest looking into the most suitable mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or best mattresses for sciatica articles to find out more about pain relief solutions.
- If you want a durable value mattress, take a look at the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re looking at getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the cost consider looking at the top mattresses for your cost.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, take a look at our best mattresses under 1,000 as well as the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I suggest one of the following: Latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage the circulation of air, and this is important for keeping a low temperature during the night.
- You can see my favorite air-conditioned beds in our list of best mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 pounds) are likely to discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d suggest for these sleepers to take a glance at best soft mattresses to ensure that they have the pressure relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) require a mattress with extra support to prevent the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are typically the main concerns. To find out how to pick the best mattress that is suitable for your body go to our site to find the best mattresses for heavy people.
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies with specific sleeping needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- For seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional-looking mattresses that provide support and mobility, but they are also gentle on joints. I suggest looking at our best mattresses for seniors to find one that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have unique sleeping needs too! Learn more about choosing the right mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you share a bed with a spouse (or pet! ), it’s important to pick a mattress that features low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the best mattresses for couples to get some ideas, as well as mattresses that offer exceptional edges, cool features, and other needs that couples might be thinking about.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattress for sex should check out our guide for beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For Joint Pain FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this and it’s crucial to take your budget into account. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses available at nearly every price point! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is typically considered one priced under $1000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress may be prone to sagging if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also prolong the life of a mattress some time by adding the mattress protector.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s essential to take a look at its warranty, which will give you a good idea of the length it’s expected to last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back pain?
Many people suffering from back pain find the medium-firm or firm mattress is best for their back. This kind of bed can aid in keeping your spine straight during the night, which can help alleviate some of the back pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which can help with your specific back pain, look through our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. With that in mind, they’re better off using mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses on this list it’s they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. If they want a wider range, check out our roundup of the most comfortable mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers fall on the other end of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they tend to prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. A majority of the mattresses in this list will be ideal for sleepers who prefer side sleeping especially the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Joint Pain