You’re looking for a new mattress but don’t know where to start. There are many options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more rumbling around in the world of online bed-in-a box brands. So what’s the best mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress For Hot Sleepers Reviews
Well, keep in mind that the term “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different people require different things from a bed, so what works for one person will not work for another.
That’s why we have a variety of different categories when making our top picks. Our hope is that most users will be able get not only an “best” mattress and not just the one that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the details of each of these beds We’d like to talk some details about how we came to select these beds.
At Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 products through our bed lab, putting each one through tests such as pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using seismometer. Then, we assign every bed an overall score according to the materials used, comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also factor in the performance of the brand, such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent of the best, we took each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every last mattress on this list is rated 4 or higher. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which have scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you should find a mattress that checks all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support, cushioning pressure relief, and quality materials that aren’t going to fall apart too fast.
The Saatva offers all of the benefits of those expensive models, but at a more affordable price. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil design, it features a traditional innerspring feel that should be an ideal fit to a wide range of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) that further widens its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers will be most comfortable on Luxury as well as the Firm model. While side sleepers should enjoy more of the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers will likely be able to shift positions with any model, thanks to the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. It even has an HD model designed specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva is that its coils provide the mattress with exceptional edge support. It should be possible to sleep or sit close to the edge of your mattress without feeling like it’s going to fall over or cause you to slide off. The only issue with the Saatva’s springiness is that it results in quite a lot of motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with a partner, you may feel each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either (or both) is an eazy sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made with Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have be concerned about sleeping near toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now among the top recognizable names in the mattress game due to its flexibility. Customers can take a sleep quiz via the Helix website that takes the body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into account so that the brand can recommend the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper is likely to be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, a medium-firm mattress that offers an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body, and it cradles vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders. This is crucial for those who sleep on their sides since this is where they place the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be happy with this combination of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Since it’s a hybrid with a mattress, it has pocketed coils below the foams, providing enough support for two people. This also causes a tiny bit of bounce, it’s not enough to seriously disturb you or your partner. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who needs a little more pressure-relief, you should check for the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes additional foam layers. Also, you can take a look at other of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re convinced by the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses can be incredibly expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune just to get some quality Zzz’s. For example it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress that packs a serious comfort punch without breaking the bank.
Currently priced at under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts This memory foam mattress is constructed of 5″ of soft gel memory foam. This allows for ample sinkage and deep body-contouring that can work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. You should also feel immense pressure relief and cushions at the hips and shoulders.
However it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar offers enough support thanks to its foam with high density below for those who sleep on their backs, and are likely to appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. Additionally, the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion throughout the mattress, making it a great pick for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a mattress that’s super soft, they should check out Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra alarms.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? You can get a much cheaper deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with a partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples want. It comes in three different sizes: Soft, Medium, and Firm model which means that most couples will be able to find the bed that is right for their needs. Each of them has solid edges (which make the bed feel larger) and a solid motion isolation, keeping you from being a victim of your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples should also take cooling into consideration when looking for a new mattress, as two bodies emit greater body temperature than one. This shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature model, which features the naturally cooling latex-like foam in the comfort layer. Additionally, it has an innovative design that incorporates springs that have room for lots of airflow.
Another trait that should appeal to lovebirds is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam) that makes it a good mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand is able to pass savings on to customers. This is what makes Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and all of the other products by the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, though one that has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds or more), then you need a mattress that’s going to comfortably support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four firmness levels: Softer, Luxury Firm as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. The strengthened springs result in stronger edge support which allows you to spread all the way to the edge in the mattress.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides soft pressure relief thanks to its pillow-top quilted layer as well as ample firmness from its coil-like support layer. The mattress also offers zoned support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, based on the location) to help ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically on your back.
Apart from this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool to sleep. It has a breathable cover constructed out of sustainable Tencel, and the coils permit a ton of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier to keep their temperature at a minimum all night long.
Do you think this is the mattress of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our scale of firmness, the Bear is a good choice for those who are looking for a comfortable and comfortable bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density foam at the bottom, over which is a lighter layer of responsive transition foam.
There should be more than enough support here for back sleepers, and they’ll also receive a more contouring with the comfortable layer of memory foam that’s coated with graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material called Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only notable feature of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can also improve blood flow and might help in recovering. This makes the Bear an ideal choice for anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re looking to snuggle up with the Bear, get our most affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require lots of support to ensure their spines are aligned, while also receiving the necessary pressure relief to prevent pain at low back. They could find a great combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines the combination consisting of poly foam and pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top of the mattress. At the same time, they’ll get a little bit of a hug by the foam memory.
The memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel, keeping it from trapping heat the way traditional memory foam does. And the bed’s coils make room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you do end up choosing the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a very heavy mattress, and it could be beneficial to help you with moving it into your house (and perhaps setting it up) when it arrives.
Sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are seeking a bed that will to cool down during the night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice that is right for you. The mattress has cooling technology to draw the body’s heat from sleeping.
In the beginning, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special fabric that absorbs heat from the sleeper and feels cool to the touch. Additionally, it has an underlying layer of gel memory foam which as well as being cool, also provides lots of comfort and relief from pain.
Another notable cooling characteristic: As a brand, GhostBed is well-known by its “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on the majority their mattresses. Also made with a phase change material, it assists in helping with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only downside is it is a little slippery, and you might want to use an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep everything neat and secure.
In terms of feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide those who sleep on their sides and backs the perfect balance of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples due to its fantastic motion absorption and its bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your primary concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back discomfort in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a good alternative. It is a combination of soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat assists in keeping your spine in a balanced alignment and avoids back problems. Actually, the support is so solid that it can be a great option for heavy sleepers over 250 lb.
However, it’s not the only suitable position that works with the Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel comfortable lying on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the mattress and allow you to get some relief from the pressure, while your hips feel supported.
Hot sleepers will be comfortable with this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design has a lot of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely airy and, as an additional touch, it has a thin coating of cooling gel up top. These features should help to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note it’s a responsive bed and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel like memory foam. If you’re fond of the quicksand feel, you may want to consider a different bed.
You think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Check out our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils for a mixture of comfort and support. In general, we’d say it’s on the soft side with a score of 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context medium firm is 6.5/10). This makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers, who should feel some incredible pressure relief when their shoulders and hips slide into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth pointing out that this section of comfort is comprised of not just one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both are specifically designed to keep sleepers comfortable, the latter being a graphite-infused variant that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam used in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who prefer a soft mattress might also like the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfy choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll get that mix of support and comfort we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Support Coils. With a height of 8′ they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which supports on the edges of the bed and also the middle. That means Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are you sure that it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress you wanted above then you could benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Here are some of my suggestions based upon your body type, age, sleep position, and pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion pressure points at their hips and shoulders. Check out our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good combination of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and they’ll typically find that in a medium-firm mattress. There are some top-quality options in the top mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm bed that keeps their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Find out why this is essential in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are simple to move around and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a an average-firm feel, similar to the ones we have in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based on coil support systems. They typically have a firm, bouncy feel and work well for back, stomach, and combo sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coil and foam support, and their feel is different. Find the most popular hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They make use of layers of foam to cushion and support the sleeper. They are the most favored kind of all-foam mattress which offers a wide range of body-contouring and pressure relief. Take a look at the most comfortable memory foam mattress to find out more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed using eco-friendly Dunlop and Talalay latex foam. They are naturally cool and bouncey. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy often like these mattresses. Look over the most popular latex mattresses for more on this natural material.
- Air mattresses use air to support the sleeper all night! Some of the best adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our roundup of best air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that helps mitigate pain is especially important sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that could help with several kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest looking into the most suitable pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to find out more about pain relief solutions.
- If you want a durable value mattress, take a look at the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the price consider looking at the best mattresses for the money.
- If you’re on a strict budget, take a look at our top mattresses for under 1,000 as well as the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I would suggest you go with a Latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase airflow, which is essential for keeping a low temperature at night.
- My top mattresses that breathe in our list of top cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lb) are likely to find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that for these sleepers to take a glance at top soft mattresses to ensure that they have the pressure relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over 1 lb) need a bed with additional support to avoid premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are usually important concerns. To find out how to pick the best mattress that is suitable for your body, visit our page for top mattresses designed for heavy people.
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific sleeping needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- For seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional feeling mattresses that offer mobility and support, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I would suggest taking a look at our best mattresses for seniors to find a feel that will work well for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have their own requirements for sleep, too! Learn more about choosing an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a partner (or pet! ), it’s important to select an option that is low in motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the best mattresses for couples to get some ideas, as well as beds that have impressive edge support, cooling features as well as other features that couples may take into consideration.
- Couples in search of the best mattresses for sex should browse our list of beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Mattress For Hot Sleepers Reviews FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this but it’s essential to take your own budget into consideration. There are a variety of great mattresses in every price range! A budget mattress is usually considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress each 7-10 years. However, a mattress can fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a good foundation or treat it roughly. You can also extend the lifespan of a mattress that is old for several months by putting on the mattress protector.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s important to check the warranty. It will also provide you with a good idea of the length it should last.
What is the best mattress for back stiffness?
Many people suffering from back pain discover the medium-firm or firm mattress is the best choice for their back. The type of mattress you choose will assist you in keeping your spine straight during the night and can ease some of the pain. To find a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, check out our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the most support. In this regard, they’re better off using mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses in this list it’s the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. If they want a wider choice, check out our roundup of the most comfortable sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are on the opposite side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they usually prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. Many of the mattresses on this list should be an ideal fit for side sleepers particularly Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Hot Sleepers Reviews