So you’re in the market for a new mattress but have no idea where to begin. Not only are there choices to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds of others circulating within the realm of online bed-in-a box brands. What’s the most suitable mattress for 2022? Top Mattress For Hot Sleepers Nz
Remember that the word “best” is somewhat subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics from a bed, so what’s best for one person may not work for another.
That’s why we made sure to keep a broad range of categories in mind when we made our top picks. Our goal is that all folks should be able to get not only the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the in-depth details of each bed, we’d like to share a little bit about how we came to choose these beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models within our lab for mattresses, putting each one through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with seismometer. From there, we give every bed an overall score in accordance with the material and comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also consider the performance of the brand, such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent out of them, we considered each bed’s overall score into consideration. Each mattress in this list is rated 4/5 or higher. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which were awarded an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you must find a mattress that checks all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support and pressure relief cushioning, and top-quality mattress materials that don’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva has all the advantages of costly models, but at a more affordable price. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil construction, it has an innerspring-like feeling that is an ideal fit to a wide range of sleepers. It also comes with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm), which further widens its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers are likely to be the most comfortable with the Luxury and Firm versions. While side sleepers will appreciate using the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper will likely be able to change positions on any of the models due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model designed specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is that its coils give the bed outstanding edge support. It should be possible to lie down or sit close to the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s about to fall down or make you fall over. The only issue with this springy mattress is the fact that it results in fairly high motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with your partner, you might be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, especially if one or both of you is a light sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining the spotlight on Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made with Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need the worry of sleeping near harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now an extremely recognizable names in the mattress industry because of its customization. Customers can take a test on their sleep via the Helix website and take their body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into consideration , so that the company can suggest the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side most likely, you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight — an average-firm mattress that provides a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and supports vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders, which is vital for people who sleep on their side since this is where they place the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should be content with this mix of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Since it’s a hybrid, there’s a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams that provide enough support for two persons. While this also results in the slightest amount of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to cause any major disturbance to you or your partner. In addition, the firmness makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with extra foam layers. Also, you can take a look at other of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune to get a good night’s Zzz’s. As an example it’s the Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress that packs a serious relaxation punch, without breaking the bank.
Currently priced at under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts The memory foam bed is made of 5″ of luxurious gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of relaxation and body contouring that can work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. They will also feel immense pressure relief and cushiony support at the hips and shoulders.
However the Nectar has enough support in its high-density foam below for those who sleep on their backs, and are likely to appreciate the moderate level of firmness. The best part is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion across the structure which makes it an ideal choice for couples. If you’re in the market for a bed that is super soft, they should check out Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, with additional bells and whistles.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? You can get a much better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with your partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples need. It is available in a Medium, Soft and Firm option, so most couples should be capable of finding a bed that works for their needs. Each of them has solid edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and solid motion isolation, keeping your partner from feeling every toss and turn.
Couples should consider cooling when looking for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies emit more body heat than one. However, this should not be a problem for the Signature mattress, which is made of the naturally cooling similar to latex in the cushion layer. Furthermore, it comes with a hybrid design with springs that allow for lots of airflow.
Another trait that should be attractive to lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam) and makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex. Finally, it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company can pass on savings onto the customer. This makes Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and all of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 lb and over) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that will adequately support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four different levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally, the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. These strengthened springs also result in extra-strong edge support, which allows you to spread until the end of the bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some mild pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and lots of support thanks to its coil-like support layer. The mattress also offers zoned support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, based on the area) to help ease discomfort and pain, particularly in your back.
Outside of the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool to sleep. It has a breathable cover constructed of eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils permit a ton of airflow. This will help those who sleep more keep a low temperature all night long.
Does this sound like the bed of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale it is a Bear will appeal to those looking for a firm and comfortable bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam in the middle, topped by a thinner layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be more than enough support here for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also benefit from a more contouring with the comfortable layer of memory foam filled by graphite. This keeps the mattress cool, as does a cover of breathable, lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, it’s not the only notable aspect of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it also promotes blood flow, which could help in recovering. This makes the Bear the perfect choice for those who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re ready to curl in your Bear, get our top deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require lots of support to ensure their spines are aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure at their lower back. They might find a good combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress made up of the combination of memory foam, poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re sitting on top of the bed. In addition they’ll feel a touch of comfort due to the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion which prevents it from storing heat like traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you end up going for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a very heavy mattress, and it could be beneficial to help you with moving it into your home (and maybe even setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Are you sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot in search of a bed that will help keep you cool at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress that is right for you. The mattress has cooling technology that helps draw your body’s warmth away from sleeping.
The first is an injection of Phase Change Material, a special textile which draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the skin. It also comes with an underlying layer of gel memory foam which as well as being cooling, offers lots of cushioning and pain relief.
Another notable cooling characteristic: As a brand, GhostBed is well-known for its “Ghost Ice” cover for the majority of its mattresses. Additionally, it is made from a Phase Change Material that assists in helping to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. Its only disadvantage is that it is a little slippery, which is why you may want to use an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep it neat and secure.
In terms of feel In terms of comfort, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer those who sleep on their sides and backs an ideal balance of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples due to its amazing motion absorption and the bounce (a bonus for couples).
If you’re primarily concerned with maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent option. It blends soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which helps keep your spine within a healthy position and helps prevent back pain. Actually the support is robust that it could be an ideal option for heavy sleepers over 250 pounds.
However, it’s not the only position that is suitable for Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be very comfortable lying on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into your bed and give you some relief from pressure while your hips feel supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should be comfortable in the Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer offers plenty of space to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made with something called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely airy and, as an additional touch, it has an extremely thin layer of cooling gel up the top. All of these traits should aid in keeping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting it’s a very responsive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling like memory foam. So if you’re a fan of the feeling of a quicksand then you might want to look elsewhere.
Are you thinking that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Find us here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils to provide a mixture of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the soft side, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for context the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This is what makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides, who should feel some amazing pressure relief as their hips and shoulders are sunk into the comfort layer.
It’s worth noting that this section of comfort is comprised of not just only one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both are designed to keep the sleeper comfortable, the latter being a graphite-infused variation of the original Nolah AirFoam found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer a soft mattress might also like the Nolah and it’s an ideal choice for couples. They’ll not only experience the mix of comfort and support you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Support Coils. With a height of 8′ the springs are encased in Edge-Tech support foam, which holds up the sides of the bed as well as the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you were looking for, you might benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my suggestions based on your body type as well as age, sleep posture, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions pressure points at their shoulders and hips. Check out our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good balance of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line, and typically, they’ll find this in a medium-firm mattress. You can find high-end choices in the best mattresses that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that will keep their hips aligned in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out why this is crucial in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move around and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a moderate firmness, such as those in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based in coil systems to provide support. They typically feature a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for back, stomach, and combination sleepers. You can check out our best innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of foam and coil support and their feeling varies widely. Find the best hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They make use of layers of foam that cushion and help the sleeping person. They are the most well-known type of all-foam mattress , which provide a great body contouring and pressure relief. Check out the top memory foam mattress to know more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are often made with eco-friendly Dunlop and Talalay latex foam. They are naturally cool and bouncey. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy often like these mattresses. Take a look at the most popular latex mattresses for more on this natural material.
- Air mattresses make use of air to provide support to the sleeper all night! Some of the most comfortable adjustable mattresses are advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our roundup of best air mattresses..
Choosing a sleep surface that reduces pain is particularly important for sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses which can ease kinds of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest you look at the most suitable mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to find out more about the best pain management options.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re looking at finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the cost, take a look at the most comfortable mattresses available for the money.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, see our best mattresses under $1000 or the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for mattresses that are cool to sleep on I would suggest you go with an innerspring, latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase the circulation of air, and this is important for keeping the temperature at a minimum during the night.
- Here are my top air-conditioned beds in our list of the most comfortable mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lbs) are likely to discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I would suggest that for these sleepers to take a look at the top soft mattresses to ensure they have the pressure relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) require a mattress that offers an extra level of support to stop premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. For more information on how to select the right mattress that is suitable for your body check out our website for best mattresses for heavy people.
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique sleep needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for children..
- Seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional feeling mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet they are also gentle on joints. I suggest looking at our top mattress for older adults to find a feel that works for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have unique requirements for sleep, too! Find out more about selecting the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a partner (or pet! ) It is important to select one that has low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the best mattresses for couples for a few examples, as well as beds that have impressive edges, cool options, and other needs that couples could take into consideration.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattresses for sex are able to look through our guide to beds that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Mattress For Hot Sleepers Nz FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this and it’s crucial to take your budget into account. Thankfully, there are great mattresses at nearly every price point! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is usually considered to be one priced under $1000 for a queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress every 7-10 years. But, mattresses can fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a proper foundation or care for it in a rough way. It is also possible to extend the life of an old mattress for some time by putting on an mattress protector.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s important to look over its warranty. This will give you a good idea of how long it will last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back pain?
Most people who struggle with back pain will find the medium-firm or firm mattress is the best choice for those with back pain. This type of bed will assist you in keeping your spine straight throughout the night and can ease some of the pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which will help you with your particular back pain, take a look at our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. This is why they’re better off using mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses in this list that include they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. For a more expansive selection, they can always go through our selection of the most comfortable sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers fall on the other end of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they usually prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their shoulders hips. A majority of the mattresses on this list should be a great match for sleepers who prefer side sleeping, most notably the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Hot Sleepers Nz