If you’re looking to buy a brand new bed but have no idea where to begin. Not only are there choices that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more rumbling around in the world of online bed-in-a box brands. So what’s the best mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress For Hot Side Sleepers
Remember that the concept of “best” is somewhat subjective. Different people require different things from their bed, so what is effective for one individual will not work for another.
This is why we have a variety of categories in mind when we made our top picks. Our hope is that most people will be able to find not just an “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the nitty gritty of each of these beds, we’d like to share an overview of the process we used to choose the beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattresses through our bed lab. We’ve put each one through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with the seismometer. We then give each mattress an overall score in accordance with the material as well as comfort, support edge support, and cooling. We also consider brand performance with categories like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the top of the best, we considered each bed’s overall score into account. Every mattress listed here is rated 4 or higher. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which were awarded an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you must look for a bed that checks all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support as well as pressure relief that cushions and high-quality materials that won’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva has all the advantages of costly models, but for a more affordable price. With a durable coil-on-coil design, it features a traditional innerspring feeling that is a good fit for all types of sleepers. It also comes in three different firmness levels (Plush soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) and further widens its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers should be the most comfortable on Luxury or Firm models, while those who sleep on their sides should prefer more of the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination, they’ll likely be able to shift positions with any of the models because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. It even has an HD model specially designed for those who sleep heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is its coils provide the mattress with exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to sleep or sit close to the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s going to fall over or cause you to slide off. The only issue with this springy mattress is the fact that it results in an extremely high amount of motion transfer which means that if you sleep with your partner, you might feel each other’s movements at night, particularly if one or the other is the type of sleeper who is light.
It’s also worth shining a the spotlight on Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made of organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have the worry of sleeping in a room with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now among the top notable names in the mattress industry because of its customization. Customers can take a test on their sleep on the Helix website that takes their body type, sleeping preferences, and many other factors into consideration , so that the company can suggest the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper is likely to be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, a medium-firm mattress that offers a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and cradles sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders. This is vital for people who sleep on their side because that’s the place they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be content with this mix of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Because it’s a hybrid mattress that has a layer of pocketed coils below the foams, providing sufficient support to accommodate two persons. Although this can cause the slightest amount of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to seriously disturb you or your partner. Plus, the responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who needs a little more pressure-relief, you should check into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with more foam layer. It’s also possible to check out more of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re sold on the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it — mattresses can be extremely expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For example, Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is a great bargain that packs a powerful relaxation punch, without spending a lot of money.
The current price is less than 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts, this memory foam bed is made of 5″ of plush gel memory foam. This provides ample sinkage and deep body-contouring that could work wonders for side sleepers. You should also feel intense pressure relief and cushions at the hips and shoulders.
However, the Nectar offers enough support thanks to its high-density foam below for back sleepers, who will appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of movement across the structure, making it a great choice for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a super-soft bed you should look into this brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional bells and whistles.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? You can get a much better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with a partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It comes in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm version which means that most couples will be in a position to find the right bed for them. All of the options have strong edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and solid motion isolation, keeping your partner from feeling every turn and toss.
Couples must also consider cooling when choosing a new mattress, as two bodies emit more body heat than one. But this isn’t a problem with the Signature mattress, which is made of an naturally cool, similar to latex in its comfort layer. It also has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that allow for lots of airflow.
Another feature that will appeal to lovebirds will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to latex-like foam) that makes it an ideal mattress for sex. Also, it’s important to note it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand is able to pass savings to the consumer. This makes the Signature (and any of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, though one that’s still a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds and above) and you’re looking for a mattress that’s going to adequately support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes with four levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus. The Plus is made of reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. The strengthened springs result in extra-strong edge support, allowing you to spread out all the way to the end to the edge of your bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers mild pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and ample firmness from its coil-like support layer. The mattress also offers zones of support (a combination of soft and more firm foams, based on the region) to ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically in your back.
Outside of it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool to sleep. There’s a breathable cover made out of sustainable Tencel, and the coils provide plenty of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers to keep their temperature at a minimum all night long.
Does this sound like the mattress of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale it is a Bear should appeal to folks in search of a firm and supportive mattress. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density foam in the middle, over which is a lighter layer of flexible transition foam.
There should be more than enough support here for back sleepers, and they’ll also get a little more contouring with a cushion of comfort foam coated by graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, as does the cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noticeable aspect of Celliant. There are studies that show it can increase blood flow and could aid in recovering. It makes Bear the perfect choice for those who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re ready to curl in your Bear, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require lots of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure in low back. They might find a good combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress made up of a tandem consisting of poly foam, as well as pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top bed. While at the same time they’ll feel a squeeze by the foam memory.
Speaking of which, the memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion which prevents it from storing heat like traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow space for a lot of airflow.
If you end up going for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a very heavy bed, so it might be beneficial to assist in the process of moving it into your house (and possibly setup) when it arrives.
Sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot in search of a bed that can help cool you down at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice for you. The mattress has cooling technology that draws the body’s heat from sleepers.
First, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that absorbs heat from the sleeping person and feels cool to the touch. It also has the gel memory foam that is, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of comfort and relief from pain.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy: As a brand, GhostBed is well-known by its “Ghost Ice” cover for many their mattresses. It is also made of a Phase Change Material which aids in ensuring that with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only downside is it is a little slippery, so you may prefer a fitted sheet on your bed that keeps everything nice and snug.
In terms of feel In terms of comfort, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give side sleepers and back sleepers an ideal balance of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples due to its amazing motion absorption and the bounce (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your primary concern is staying cool, you’ll love this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent alternative. It combines soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which assists in keeping your spine in a healthy position and helps prevent back pain. Actually the support is solid that it can be a great option for people who sleep heavily over 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only option for the Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very comfortable lying on your side. Your shoulders should sink into your bed and give you some relief from the pressure, while your hips feel supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel comfortable with this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design has a lot of room for airflow. The comfort layer is made of what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely comfortable and as an added touch, it has an extremely thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on the top. All of these features will assist in helping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note the fact that it’s a responsive mattress and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel of memory foam. If you’re a lover of the quicksand feel then you might want to look elsewhere.
Think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Find us here to get our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils that provide an optimum blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the softer side with a score of 6/10 on our firmness scale (for the sake of context moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides, who should feel some incredible pressure relief when their hips and shoulders are sunk into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth pointing out that this comfort section is composed of not one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of these materials are specifically designed to keep sleepers cool, with the second being a graphite-infused variation of the original Nolah AirFoam found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like mattresses that are soft might enjoy the Nolah and it’s a comfortable option for couples. It’s not just that they’ll feel that mixture of comfort and support we mentioned — they’ll be able stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco-Support Coils. at 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which supports the sides of the bed as well as the middle. This means that you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you were looking for, you might benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Here are some of my suggestions based upon the type of body as well as age, sleep posture, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion pressure points at their hips and shoulders. We have compiled a list of the best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good level of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain straight, and usually, that’s in a medium-firm mattress. They can find some high-quality alternatives in the best mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that keeps their hips aligned with their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s crucial in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are simple to move about and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a mattress that is bouncy and has a an average-firm feel, similar to the ones in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based on coil support systems. They usually are firm and bouncy in feel that is ideal for back, stomach and combination sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coil and foam support and their feeling is different. Find the best hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They use layers of foam to both cushion and help the sleeping person. Mattresses made of memory foam are well-known type of all-foam mattress , which offer a lot of body-contouring and pressure relief. Check out the most comfortable mattress made of memory foam to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically made with eco-friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay Latex Foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy often like these mattresses. Look over the most popular latex mattresses for more information on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses make use of air to provide support to the sleeper overnight! The most comfortable adjustable beds are the most advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our roundup of the best air mattresses.
The choice of a bed that helps mitigate the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses which can ease different types of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest looking into the top mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or best mattresses for sciatica articles to learn more about pain management solutions.
- If you want a durable quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re looking at finding a bed of high-end quality which is worth the price, take a look at the top mattresses for your cost.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, take a look at our best mattresses under $1000 as well as the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I would suggest you go with an innerspring, latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage the circulation of air, and this is essential for keeping the temperature at a minimum at night.
- My top breathable beds in our roundup of best cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lb) typically find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that for these sleepers to take a look at the best soft mattresses to ensure that they receive the relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over lb) require a mattress with an extra level of support to stop premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. For more information on how to select the right mattress that is suitable for your body, visit our page to find the the best mattresses for heavy people.
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique sleep needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- Seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer support and mobility, but they are also gentle on joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattresses for older adults to discover a feeling that works for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have their own requirements for sleep, too! Learn more about choosing a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you share a bed with a companion (or pet! ) It is important to select one that has low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses for some examples and beds with impressive Edge support and cooling features, and other needs that couples could take into consideration.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattresses for sex are able to browse our list of mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For Hot Side Sleepers FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this but it’s essential to take your own budget into consideration. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses to be found at nearly every price point! A budget mattress is usually considered to be one priced under $1000 for a queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress can fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a good foundation or treat it with care. It is also possible to extend the life of a mattress a few months by using a mattress protector.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, you need to check its warranty, which will also provide you with an idea of how long it should last.
What is the best mattress for back stiffness?
The majority of people with back pain find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is best for those with back pain. This kind of bed can assist you in keeping your spine straight throughout the night, which can help alleviate a lot of back pain. To find a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, check out our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. With that in mind, they’re better off using mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses in this list it’s the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. For a more expansive selection, they can always check out our roundup of the most comfortable mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers fall on the other end of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they generally prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. The majority of mattresses in this list will be an ideal fit for side sleepers, most notably the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Hot Side Sleepers