If you’re looking for a new mattress, but aren’t sure what to look for. There are plenty of options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more swirling within the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So what’s the best mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress For Hot Side Sleepers Canada
Keep in mind that the term “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different people require different things of a mattress, and what works for one person may not work for another.
That’s why we made sure to keep a broad range of categories in mind when making our top picks. Our hope is that most users will be able discover not only”the “best” mattress however, but one that is the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the details of each bed we’d like to tell you a little bit about the method we used to choose these beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 products within our lab for mattresses, running each one through tests like pressure mapping and assessing motion transfer using seismometer. We then give each mattress an overall score in accordance with the material, comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also take into account the performance of the brand, like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the top out of them, we considered each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress on this list is rated 4 out of 5 or more. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which have scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you should look for a bed that ticks all the right boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support as well as pressure relief that cushions and quality materials that won’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of costly models, but for an affordable cost. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil structure, it offers a traditional innerspring feeling that is suitable to a wide range of sleepers. It also comes with three different levels of firmness (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) that makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach and back sleepers are likely to be most comfortable on Luxury and Firm versions, while those who sleep on their sides should prefer more of the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper will likely be able to quickly change positions on any of the models, due to the Saatva’s soft combination of support and comfort. The Saatva has even got an HD model designed specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva is that its coils offer the mattress outstanding edge support. You should be able to sit on or sleep close to the edge of your mattress without feeling like it’s going to collapse or cause you to slide off. The only issue with its springy nature is that it creates an extremely high amount of motion transfer meaning that if you sleep with your partner, you might sense each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either (or both) is an eazy sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made with Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have to worry about sleeping with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be one of the most notable names in the mattress industry because of its customization. Customers can take a sleep quiz through the Helix website and take their body type, sleeping preferences, as well as other aspects into account so that the brand can recommend the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight — an average-firm mattress that provides the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and cradles delicate areas like hips and shoulders. This is vital for people who sleep on their side because it’s where they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be satisfied with this combination of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. As a hybrid that has a layer of pockets beneath the foams, providing adequate support for 2 persons. While this also results in some bounce, it’s not enough to disturb you or your partner. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a side sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, you should check out Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with more foam layer. You can also check out more of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. If you’re convinced by the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it — mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean that you must spend a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. As an example, it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress that packs a powerful quality of sleep without costing you a fortune.
Currently priced at under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts The memory foam bed is constructed by using 5″ of plush mattress made of gel. This allows for ample sinkage and deep body-contouring which can be beneficial for sleepers who are side-sleeping. You should also feel intense pressure relief and cushions at the hips and shoulders.
At the same time the Nectar provides enough support with its high-density foam below the back, which are likely to appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. The best part is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion across the structure, making it a great option for couples. If you’re in the market for a bed that is super soft, they should check out the brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional bells and whistles.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Get an even more affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with your partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples want. It comes in three different sizes: Soft, Medium, and Firm model, so most couples should be in a position to find a bed that works for their preferences. All models have strong edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and a solid motion isolationthat keeps you from being a victim of your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples must also be aware of cooling when choosing an appropriate mattress, because two bodies emit more body heat than one. But this isn’t a problem with the Signature mattress, which is made of a naturally cooling, latex-like foam in the cushion layer. Additionally, it has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that have room for a lot of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to attract lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) that makes it a great mattress for sexual sex. Finally, it’s worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company can pass on savings on to customers. This is what makes the Signature (and every one of the brand’s products) an affordable mattress for couples, though one that has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds and above), then you need a mattress that’s going to provide enough support. The WinkBed is available in four firmness levels including Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These strengthened springs also result in stronger edge support allowing you to spread out to the end to the edge of your bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some mild pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and plenty of firm support thanks to its coil-like support layer. It also provides zones of support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, based on the location) to ease aches and pains, especially in your back.
Outside of the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool to sleep. The cover is breathable and made from eco-friendly Tencel and the coils permit plenty of airflow. This will help those who sleep more keep a low temperature through the entire night.
Do you think this is the mattress of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear should appeal to folks looking for a firm and supportive mattress. This comes from a thick layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is topped by a thinner layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s likely to be more than enough support here for back sleepers. they’ll also get a little more contouring with a comfortable layer of memory foam filled by graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, as does a covering made of breathable, light material known as Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noteworthy aspect of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it also promotes blood flow and could aid in recovering. It makes Bear a great fit for anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re ready to curl in Bear Bear, get our most affordable deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require lots of support to keep their spines aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure in their lower back. They might find a good combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses the combination with memory foam and poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re sitting on top of the bed. In addition they’ll feel a bit of a hug from the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel which prevents it from storing heat the way traditional memory foam does. And the bed’s coils make room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you end up going for the DreamCloud, know that it’s a very heavy mattress, and it could be beneficial to help you with the move into your house (and perhaps setting it up) when it arrives.
Have you bought the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper looking for a mattress that will help cool you down at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress that is right for you. The mattress has cooling technology that helps draw body heat away from the sleeper.
In the beginning, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that absorbs heat from the sleeping person and feels cool to the skin. Additionally, it has a layer of gel memory foam that, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of comfort and cushioning.
One other notable cooling feature as a brand GhostBed is known for their “Ghost Ice” cover on many of its mattresses. It is also made of a phase change material, it aids in ensuring that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. Its only disadvantage is that it could be slippery, which is why you may need to put a fitted sheet on your bed to keep it nice and snug.
In terms of feel In terms of comfort, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer those who sleep on their sides and backs a balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and its bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If your primary concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy this GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who has had issues with back discomfort in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent alternative. It is a combination of soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which assists in keeping the spine balanced alignment and prevents back issues. Actually, the support is so sturdy that it might also be an ideal alternative for those who weigh more than 250 pounds.
However, it’s not the only suitable position for Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be very comfortable sleeping on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into the mattress and let you enjoy some refreshing pressure relief while your hips still feel supported.
Hot sleepers will feel right at home with the Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design offers plenty of space for airflow, and the comfort layer is made with something called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely breathable and, as an additional bonus, it comes with a thin coating of cooling gel that is placed on top. All of these features will help you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note that this is a very responsive bed that doesn’t offer the more sluggish feel that memory foam provides. If you’re a lover of the feeling of a quicksand then you might want to look elsewhere.
Are you thinking that you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Find us here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils to provide an optimum blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say it’s on the soft side with a score of 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for context moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side, who should feel some fantastic pressure relief as their hips and shoulders are sunk into the comfort layer.
It’s worth pointing out that this section of comfort is comprised of not just one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers, and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of them are specifically designed to keep sleepers at a comfortable temperature, with the second being a graphite-infused variant of the original Nolah AirFoam used in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like an extra soft mattress may like the Nolah as it’s a comfortable option for couples. They’ll not only get that mix of support and comfort that we talked about, they’ll also be able stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco-Support Coils. With a height of 8′ the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam for support, which is used to support both sides of the bed, as well as the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you were looking for, you might benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Here are some of my suggestions based upon your body type as well as age, sleep position, and managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion pressure points at their hips and shoulders. Take a look at our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good balance of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and they’ll typically find that in a mattress that is medium-firm. They can find some high-quality alternatives in the top mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that will keep their hips in alignment to their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s essential in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move about and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a moderate firmness, such as those in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based in coil systems to provide support. They usually feature a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for back, stomach and combo sleepers. You can check out our best innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coil and foam support and their feeling varies widely. Take a look at the best hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They use layers of foam that cushion and help the sleeping person. Mattresses made of memory foam are popular type of all-foam mattress that provide a great body contouring as well as pressure relieving. Check out the most comfortable memory foam mattresses to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed using environmentally friendly Dunlop and Talalay latex foam. They are naturally cool and bouncey. Combination sleepers and heavy people typically like these mattresses. Check out the top latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses use air to support the sleeper all night! A few of the top adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our roundup of the the best air mattresses.
Selecting a mattress that can help ease pain is especially important sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options which can ease different types of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest looking into the most suitable mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to find out more about the best pain management options.
- If you want a durable quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re interested in finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the price, take a look at the top mattresses for your cost.
- If you’re on a strict budget, take a look at our best mattresses under $1000 and the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for a mattress that sleeps cool I suggest an innerspring, latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote the circulation of air, and this is important for keeping a low temperature at night.
- You can see my favorite mattresses that breathe in our roundup of best cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lb) typically discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d recommend those who sleep light to look at the top soft mattresses to make sure they have the pressure relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) need a bed that offers additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are the most important considerations. For more information on how to select the best mattress for your body type, visit our page to find the the best mattresses for heavy people.
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies with specific sleeping needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for children..
- Seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional feeling mattresses that offer support and mobility, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I suggest looking at our best mattresses for older people to discover a feeling that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have their own sleep needs, too! Learn more about how to choose an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a partner (or pet! ), it’s important to select a mattress that features low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the most suitable mattresses for couples for some examples, as well as mattresses that offer exceptional edge support, cooling options as well as other features that couples may take into consideration.
- Couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy can look through our guide to mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For Hot Side Sleepers Canada FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this, so it’s important to take your own budget into consideration. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses to be found in every price range! A budget mattress is generally considered to be one priced under $1000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress each 7-10 years. But, mattresses can fall over prematurely if it isn’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it with care. It is also possible to extend the lifespan of an old mattress for several months by adding an mattress topper.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s essential to check its warranty. This will give you an idea of the length it’s expected to last.
What is the best mattress for back stiffness?
The majority of people with back pain discover the medium-firm or firm mattress is the best choice for their back. The type of mattress you choose will help you keep your spine straight throughout the night and can ease some of the back pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which can help with your specific back pain, take a look at our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. This is why they’re advised to choose a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses in this list it’s those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. For a more expansive range, check out our roundup of the most comfortable mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are on the opposite side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they usually prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. A majority of the mattresses listed here should be ideal for those who sleep on their sides, most notably Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Hot Side Sleepers Canada