So you’re in the market of a mattress, but aren’t sure where to begin. There are plenty of options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds of others circulating in the realm of online bed-in-a box brands. What’s the most suitable mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress For Hot Side Sleepers Australia
Keep in mind that the term “best” is a bit subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features from a bed, so what is effective for one individual may not work for another.
We made sure to keep a broad range of different categories when making our top picks. Our hope is that most people will be able to find not just an “best” mattress and not just the one that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the in-depth details of each of these beds, we’d like to share some details about the process we used to select these beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattresses through our bed lab, putting every mattress through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using a seismometer. From there, we give each mattress an overall score according to the materials used and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also take into account quality of the mattress with categories like warranty and value.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the top out of them, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into account. Every mattress listed here is rated 4 or above. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which have scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, it’s important to find a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You want something with good support, cushioning pressure relief, and quality materials that won’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva provides all the benefits of those costly models, but at a more affordable price. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil structure, it offers a traditional innerspring feel that should be a good fit to a wide range of sleepers. It also comes with three different levels of firmness (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) and further widens its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers are likely to be the most comfortable with the Luxury or Firm models while side sleepers will appreciate more of the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper will likely be able to quickly switch positions on any of the models because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. It even has an HD model made specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is that its coils provide the mattress with exceptional edge support. You should be able to sleep or sit close to the edge of your mattress without fearing that it’s about to fall down or cause you to slide off. The only drawback to the Saatva’s springiness is that it causes quite a lot of motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with a partner, you may sense each other’s movements at night, especially if one or both of you is an eazy sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made of natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have be concerned about sleeping with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be an extremely well-known names in the mattress game because of its customization. Customers can take a test on their sleep on the Helix website and take the body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into consideration , so that the brand can recommend the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight — a medium-firm mattress that offers a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body, and it cradles delicate areas like hips and shoulders. This is crucial for those who sleep on their sides since this is where they place the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should be happy with this combination of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Because it’s a hybrid mattress that has a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams that provide enough support for two people. This also causes the slightest amount of bounce, it’s not enough to cause any major disturbance to you or your partner. In addition, the firmness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking out the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes extra foam layers. Also, you can check out more of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. If you’re sold on this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or even buts about it — mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean that you must spend a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. As an example, it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent bargain that packs a serious quality of sleep without spending a lot of money.
Currently priced at under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts This memory foam mattress is constructed with 5″ of plush gel memory foam. This provides ample sinkage and deep body-contouring which can be beneficial for sleepers who are side-sleeping. You should also feel immense pressure relief and cushiony support at the hips and shoulders.
At the same time the Nectar provides enough support with its foam with high density below the back, which should enjoy the medium firmness of the mattress. The best part is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion throughout the entire structure which makes it an ideal pick for couples. If anyone is in search of a mattress that’s super soft, they should check out the brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra features and bells.
Sold on this great value mattress? Find a better deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with your partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples want. It is available in a Soft, Medium, and Firm model which means that most couples will be in a position to find the bed that is right for them. All models have strong edges (which make the bed feel larger) and solid motion isolation, keeping you from being a victim of your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples should also consider cooling when shopping for the best mattress for them, since two bodies give off much more heat to the body than one. But this should not be a problem for the Signature model, which features an naturally cool, latex-like foam in the cushion layer. Furthermore, it comes with a hybrid design with springs that allow for plenty of airflow.
Another trait that should attract lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam), which makes it a good mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company is able to pass savings to the consumer. This means that the Signature (and all of the brand’s products) an affordable mattress for couples, though one that still has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 lb and over) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that’s going to comfortably support you. The WinkBed is available in four firmness levels that include Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus. The Plus is made of reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. These strengthened springs also result in a stronger edge support, permitting you to spread to the end of the bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides mild pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and lots of support from its coil-like support layer. It also provides zoned support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, depending on the area) to ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically for back pain.
Apart from this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool-sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made of eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils allow for a ton of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers keep a low temperature all night long.
Do you think this is the mattress of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our scale of firmness 7/10, the Bear should appeal to folks in search of a firm and comfortable bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam on the bottom. It is over which is a lighter layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s more than enough support here for back sleepers, and they’ll also receive a shape from a cushion of comfort foam that’s filled with graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, as does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only notable aspect of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can also improve blood flow and could aid in recovering. The Bear a great fit for anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re ready to curl up with Bear Bear, get our most affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need a lot of support to ensure their spines are aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure to avoid pain in low back. They may find a winning combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that uses the combination consisting of poly foam with pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re sitting on top of the mattress. While at the same time, they’ll get a little touch of comfort by the foam memory.
In addition, the memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat like traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you end up choosing the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it may be beneficial to assist in the process of the move into your home (and maybe even setting it up) when it arrives.
Have you bought the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper looking for a mattress that will keep you cool at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice that is right for you. This mattress features cooling technology that helps draw your body’s warmth away from the sleeper.
In the beginning, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special fabric that draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the touch. Additionally, it has a layer of gel memory foam that, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of comfort and cushioning.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy as a brand GhostBed is known by their “Ghost Ice” cover on the majority their mattresses. Additionally, it is made from a Phase Change Material which helps the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. Its only disadvantage is that it could be slippery, so you may need to put sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep everything comfortable and cozy.
In terms of feel in terms of feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give those who sleep on their sides and backs the perfect combination of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples due to its excellent motion absorption as well as its bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If your main concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent choice. It blends soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat assists in keeping your spine in a balanced alignment and prevents back issues. In fact the support is so sturdy that it might also be a good alternative for those who weigh more than 250 lb.
But it’s not the only suitable position that works with Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be very at ease sleeping on your back. The shoulders ought to sink down into the bed and give you some relief from the pressure, while your hips still feel supported.
Hot sleepers will feel comfortable on this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design has a lot of room for airflow. The comfort layer is constructed from what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely breathable, and as an added bonus, it comes with a thin coating of cooling gel on top. All of these features will help to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out that this is a responsive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling that memory foam provides. If you’re a lover of that quicksand feeling then you might want to look elsewhere.
Think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Find us here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils for the perfect blend of comfort and support. In general, we’d say it’s on the softer side and scored a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context medium firm is 6.5/10). This is what makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who will feel incredible pressure relief when their hips and shoulders are sunk into the comfortable layer.
It’s important to note that this comfort section is made of not two, but one layer of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both are designed to keep the sleeper at a comfortable temperature, with the former being a graphite-infused version that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam used in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like an extra soft mattress may like the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfortable option for couples. It’s not just that they’ll experience the mix of support and comfort that we mentioned — they’ll be able stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Support Coils. With a height of 8′ the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam for support, which supports the sides of the bed and also the middle. This means that Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Is you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you liked it, you may want to consider one of our more specific mattress guides. Here are some of my suggestions based on your body type as well as age, sleep positions, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points in their hips and shoulders. Take a look at our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good level of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line and typically, they’ll find this in a mattress that is medium-firm. They can find some high-quality alternatives in the best mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that keeps their hips in alignment in a straight line with the shoulders. Learn more about why that’s essential in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move about and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a a medium-firm feel, like those in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based upon coils to support. They often have a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for back, stomach and combo sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coil and foam support and their feeling is different. Take a look at the best hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They make use of layers of foam to cushion and support the sleeper. Memory foam mattresses are a well-known kind of all-foam mattress which provide a great body contouring as well as pressure relieving. Look over the top mattress made of memory foam to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed using eco-friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay latex. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy typically like these mattresses. Take a look at the best latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses use air to help sleepers all night! A few of the most comfortable adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our roundup of the the top air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that helps mitigate pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that could help with several different types of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing, I’d recommend looking at the most suitable mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or best mattresses for sciatica articles to learn more about pain management solutions.
- If you want a durable value mattress, take a look at the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re looking at getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the price consider looking at the best mattresses for the money.
- If you’re on a strict budget, take a look at our top mattresses that cost less than $1000 as well as the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of a mattress that sleeps cool I would suggest you go with an innerspring, latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase ventilation, which can be important for keeping a low temperature at night.
- You can see my favorite air-conditioned beds in our roundup of the most comfortable cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lbs) are likely to have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend those who sleep light to look at the best soft mattresses to ensure that they receive the relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over 1 lb) need a bed that provides additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are usually important concerns. To learn how to choose the right mattress for your body type, visit our page to find the the best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique requirements for sleep! Learn to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- For seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional-looking mattresses that provide mobility and support, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattresses for seniors to find one that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have unique sleeping needs as well! Find out more about selecting an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teens.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you share a bed with a partner (or pet! ), it’s important to choose an option that is low in motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses for a few examples, as well as beds that have impressive edge support, cooling options as well as other features that couples could consider.
- Similarly, couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy should browse our list of beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For Hot Side Sleepers Australia FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here, so it’s important to take your budget into account. There are a variety of great mattresses available at nearly every price point! A budget mattress is usually considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress each 7-10 years. However, a mattress may be prone to sagging if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it roughly. It is also possible to extend the life of a mattress some time by putting on an mattress protector.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s important to look over its warranty, which will also provide you with a good idea of the length it will last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back stiffness?
Most people who struggle with back pain discover that a firm or medium-firm mattress is best for them. The type of mattress you choose will aid in keeping your spine straight during the night and can ease a lot of pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which can help with your specific back pain, look through our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the most support. In this regard, they’re advised to choose a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses in this list that include those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. If they want a wider range, check out our roundup of the top sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are on the opposite side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they generally prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their shoulders hips. Many of the mattresses listed here should be ideal for sleepers who prefer side sleeping particularly those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Hot Side Sleepers Australia