If you’re looking to buy a brand new bed but don’t know where to start. There are many options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more rumbling around in the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So what’s the best mattress for 2022? Top Mattress For Hot Combination Sleepers
Keep in mind that the term “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different types of sleepers require different features from a bed, so what is effective for one individual might not be suitable for someone else.
This is why we made sure to keep a broad range of subjects in our mind while presenting our top picks. Our goal is that all users will be able discover not only the “best” mattress however, but one that is the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the in-depth details of each bed We’d like to talk some details about the method we used to choose them.
Here at Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses through our bed lab. We’ve put each one through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using seismometer. Then, we assign each mattress an overall score based on materials as well as comfort, support edge support, and cooling. We also consider brand performance with categories like warranty and value.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the best of the best, we really considered each bed’s overall score into account. Every last mattress on this list has an overall score of 4 out of 5 or more. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, it’s important to find a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support and pressure relief cushioning, and top-quality mattress materials that don’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva has all the advantages of the more expensive models, but at an affordable cost. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil design, it features the traditional innerspring feeling that is a good fit for a variety of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm), which further widens its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers are likely to be the most comfortable with the Luxury and Firm versions, while those who sleep on their sides should prefer the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers, they’ll likely be able to easily shift positions with any of the models, because of the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. The Saatva has even got an HD model designed specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva is that its coils offer the mattress an exceptional edge support. It should be possible to sleep or sit near the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s going to fall over or make you fall over. The only issue with its springy nature is that it causes an extremely high amount of motion transfer which means that if you sleep with your partner, you might be able to feel each other’s movements during the late at night, particularly if either or both of you is an eazy sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made of Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need the worry of sleeping near toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now an extremely recognizable names in the mattress game due to its customizable. Customers can take a test on their sleep through the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleeping preferences, and many other factors into consideration , so that the brand can recommend the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight, a moderately firm mattress that gives the feeling of a hug. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and supports sensitive areas like the shoulders and hips, which is vital for people who sleep on their side because it’s where they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be content with this mix of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Since it’s a hybrid, there’s a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, which creates enough support for two people. This also causes some bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to cause any major disturbance to either of you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking out the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with more foam layer. Also, you can take a look at other of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it — mattresses aren’t cheap. However, that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For instance Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is a great value buy that packs a powerful relaxation punch, without breaking the bank.
Currently priced at under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts This memory foam mattress is constructed with 5″ of luxurious mattress made of gel. This allows for ample relaxation and body contouring which can be beneficial for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They should also feel some intense pressure relief and soft support around the shoulders and hips.
However it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar has enough support in its high-density foam below for back sleepers, who are likely to appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion throughout the mattress which makes it an ideal option for couples. If you’re in the market of a super-soft bed and would like to know more about this brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra bells and whistles.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Find a more affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with someone else and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It comes in a Soft, Medium and Firm version and most couples will be in a position to find a bed that works for their needs. Each of them has solid edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and a solid motion isolationthat keeps you from feeling your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples should also take cooling into consideration when choosing a new mattress, as two bodies give off much more heat to the body than one. But this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature, which has a naturally cooling, similar to latex in the cushion layer. Additionally, it has an innovative design that incorporates springs that can accommodate a lot of airflow.
Another feature that will appeal to lovebirds is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam) and makes it a great mattress for sexual sex. Finally, it’s worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand can pass on savings on to customers. This makes it possible to make the Signature (and all of the brand’s products) an affordable mattress for couples — albeit one that still has an excellent, premium feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds or more), then you need an appropriate mattress that can adequately support you. The WinkBed is available with four levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s, the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. The strengthened springs result in stronger edge support allowing you to spread out to the edge of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides soft pressure relief thanks to its pillow-top quilted layer as well as plenty of firm support from its coil-like support layer. The mattress also offers zones of support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, depending on the location) to ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically in your back.
In addition to it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made of eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils provide a ton of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers keep a low temperature throughout the night.
Does this sound like the bed of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our scale of firmness it is a Bear will appeal to those looking for a firm and supportive mattress. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam at the bottom, topped by a thinner layer of flexible transition foam.
There should be more than enough support here for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also receive a bit of contouring from the comfort layer of memory foam that’s coated with graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, as does a cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noteworthy aspect of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can increase blood flow and could aid in the recovery process. The Bear a great fit for athletes or anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re ready to curl in your Bear, get our top deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require a lot of support to keep their spines aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure to avoid pain at low back. They could find a great combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress made up of a tandem of memory foam, poly foam, with pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a little more firm than a medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top of the mattress. While at the same time, they’ll get a little squeeze due to the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam comes with cooling gel in the form of an infusion that prevents it from absorbing heat as traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow space for a lot of airflow.
If you decide to going for the DreamCloud, know that it’s a very heavy bed, so it might be beneficial to assist you in the move into your home (and maybe even setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper looking for a mattress that will help to cool down during the night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice that is right for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology to draw your body’s warmth away from the sleeper.
First, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric which draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the feel. It also has a layer of gel memory foam, which is, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of comfort and cushioning.
Another notable cooling characteristic is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is famous by their “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on the majority of its mattresses. Additionally, it is made from a phase change material that helps the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only downside is it is a little slippery, so you may want to use an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep everything nice and snug.
For feel in terms of feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide the back and side sleepers an ideal balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a great option for couples due to its excellent motion absorption as well as bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If your main concern is staying cool, you’ll love the GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back discomfort in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent choice. It blends soft top foams and supportive steel coilsthat helps keep your spine within a balanced alignment and prevents back issues. Actually the support is so sturdy that it might also be a good option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
However, it’s not the only option to sleep in the Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very at ease sleeping on your back. The shoulders ought to sink down into your bed and allow you to get some refreshing pressure relief while your hips still feel comfortable and supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will be comfortable on the Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design provides plenty of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made with what’s known as Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly airy and as an added touch, it has a thin coating of cooling gel up over the top. All of these traits should assist in helping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out the fact that it’s a responsive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel like memory foam. If you’re fond of the quicksand feel it might be a good idea to consider a different bed.
Think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Find us here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils to provide a mixture of support and comfort. In general, we’d say it’s on the softer side with a score of 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who will feel amazing pressure relief as their shoulders and hips slide into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth noting that the comfort section is made of not one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers, and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of them are designed to keep the sleeper comfortable, the latter being a graphite-infused variation from the first Nolah AirFoam found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like an extra soft mattress may appreciate the Nolah as it’s a comfortable option for couples. Not only will they experience the mix of comfort and support we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Support Coils. With a height of 8′ the springs are encased in Edge-Tech support foam, which holds up on the edges of the bed as well as the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Is you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress you wanted above it, you may want to consider one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my suggestions based on body type as well as age, sleep position, and managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion pressure points at their hips and shoulders. Take a look at our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate balance of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line, and usually, that’s in the middle-firm range of mattresses. You can find high-end options in the best mattresses for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that keeps their hips aligned in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out more about why this is important in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are simple to move around on and switch positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a cushioned mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to those in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely in coil systems to provide support. They usually are firm and bouncy in feel that is ideal for back, stomach and combination sleepers. We have a list of our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coils and foam and their feeling is different. Find the most popular hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They make use of layers of foam to cushion and help the sleeper. Mattresses made of memory foam are popular type of all-foam mattress , which offer a lot of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Check out the top mattress made of memory foam to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed using green Dunlop as well as Talalay latex. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. Combination sleepers and heavy people often like these mattresses. Take a look at the most popular latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses make use of air to help sleepers throughout the night! Some of the top adjustable mattresses are advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our roundup of the the top air mattresses.
The choice of a bed that can help ease pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that could help with several different kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest looking into the top pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and best mattresses for sciatica articles to find out more about pain relief solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re looking at finding a high-quality bed which is worth the price consider looking at the best mattresses for the money.
- If you’re on a tight budget, take a look at our best mattresses under 1,000 or the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of mattresses that are cool to sleep on I suggest a mattress made of latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase ventilation, which can be essential for keeping a low temperature at night.
- You can see my favorite air-conditioned beds in our list of top mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 pounds) are likely to have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that for these sleepers to take a glance at best soft mattresses to ensure that they have the pressure relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 100 lbs) require a mattress that offers an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are typically the main concerns. For more information on how to select the best mattress that is suitable for your body go to our site to find the best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Children are rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific requirements for sleep! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for kids..
- For seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional mattresses that offer support and mobility, but they are also gentle on joints. I suggest looking at our top mattresses for seniors to discover a feeling that is suitable for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have unique requirements for sleep, too! Learn more about how to choose the right mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a spouse (or pet! ) it is essential to pick one that has low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples for a few examples including mattresses that offer exceptional edge support, cooling options as well as other features that couples may take into consideration.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattresses for sex can browse our list of beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For Hot Combination Sleepers FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this but it’s essential to take your own budget into account. Thankfully, there are great mattresses in every price range! A budget mattress is typically considered one that’s under $1,000 for a queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your old mattress every 7-10 years. But, mattresses can sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a good foundation or treat it with care. It is also possible to extend the life of a mattress that is old for some time by adding the mattress topper.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s important to look over the warranty. It can also give you a good idea of the length it’s expected to last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back stiffness?
The majority of people with back pain find that a medium or firm mattress is the best choice for their back. The type of mattress you choose will aid in keeping your spine straight overnight and can ease some of the back pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which will help you with your particular back pain, check out our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the most support. In this regard, they’re advised to choose mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses listed on this list that include they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. If they want a wider choice, check out our roundup of the best mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are at the opposite side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they tend to prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. A majority of the mattresses in this list will be a great match for those who sleep on their sides, most notably those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Hot Combination Sleepers