So you’re in the market to buy a brand new bed but aren’t sure where to start. There are plenty of options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds of others circulating within the realm of online bed-in-a box brands. So , what’s the ideal mattress for 2022? Top Mattress For Hot Climate
Remember that the term “best” is somewhat subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features from their bed, so what’s best for one person will not work for another.
This is why we have a variety of categories in mind when making our top choices. Our goal is that all people will be able to discover not only an “best” mattress and not just the one that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the in-depth details of each bed, we’d like to share a little bit about how we came to select the beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattresses within our lab for mattresses. We’ve put each one through tests such as pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using the seismometer. We then give each mattress an overall score in accordance with the material and comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also consider brand performance with categories such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent out of them, we really took each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress in this list has an overall score of 4 or higher. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which were awarded an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, it’s important to choose a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support, cushioning pressure relief, and quality mattress materials that don’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva has all the advantages of costly models, but for a more affordable price. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil structure, it offers a traditional innerspring feeling that is suitable for all types of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) and increases its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers should be the most comfortable on the Luxury as well as the Firm model while side sleepers will appreciate using the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers, they’ll likely be able to easily switch positions on any of the models, because of the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. The Saatva has even got an HD model made specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is that its coils give the bed exceptional edge support. It should be possible to lie down or sit close to the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s about to fall down or make you fall over. The only downside to the Saatva’s springiness is that it creates an extremely high amount of motion transfer meaning that if you sleep with a partner, you may be able to feel each other’s movements during the late at night, particularly if either (or both) is the type of sleeper who is light.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made with Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have to worry about sleeping in a room with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now an extremely well-known brands in the mattress market due to its flexibility. Customers can take a sleep quiz through the Helix website that takes the body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into account so that the brand can recommend the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, a medium-firm mattress that offers a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body, and it cradles delicate areas like shoulders and hips, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because that’s the place they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be satisfied with this combination of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Since it’s a hybrid that has a layer of pockets beneath the foams that provide adequate support for 2 persons. Although this can cause the slightest amount of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to cause any major disturbance to the other person or you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a side sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking out Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes extra foam layers. Also, you can look at our other top-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re convinced by this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or even buts about it — mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you need to shell out a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. For instance the Nectar mattress is an excellent value buy with a significant quality of sleep without spending a lot of money.
The current price is less than $1,000 for a Queen after discounts This memory foam mattress is built with 5″ of plush mattress made of gel. This gives you plenty of relaxation and body contouring that can work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. You should also feel immense pressure relief and cushiony support at the shoulders and hips.
However the Nectar offers enough support thanks to the high-density foam beneath for those who sleep on their backs, and are likely to appreciate the moderate level of firmness. What’s more is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of movement across the entire structure and makes it a fantastic pick for couples. If you’re in the market of a super-soft bed, they should check out this brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional alarms.
Sold on this great value mattress? You can get a much cheaper deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with your partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples want. It comes in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm option and most couples will be capable of finding the bed that is right for their preferences. All models have strong edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and solid motion-isolation, preventing your partner from feeling every turn and toss.
Couples must also be aware of cooling when looking for the best mattress for them, since two bodies emit greater body temperature than one. But this isn’t a problem with the Signature model, which features an naturally cool, latex-like foam in the comfort layer. It also has an innovative design that incorporates springs that allow for a lot of airflow.
Another feature that will attract lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam), which makes it an ideal mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand is able to pass savings onto the customer. This makes the Signature (and every one of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 lb and over) and you’re looking for an appropriate mattress that can provide enough support. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four different levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm, Firmer, and finally the Plus. The Plus is made with reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These strengthened springs also result in stronger edge support allowing you to spread out to the end of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers mild pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as lots of support from its pocketed coil support layer. It also provides zones of support (a mixture of soft and more firm foams, based on the region) to ease aches and pains, especially on your back.
In addition to the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool-sleeping. The cover is breathable and made from eco-friendly Tencel and the coils allow for a ton of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers maintain a cool temperature throughout the night.
Do you think this is the mattress of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear should appeal to folks in search of a firm and supportive bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam on the bottom. It is followed by a thin layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s more than enough support here for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also receive a shape from the comfort layer of memory foam that’s infused with graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, as does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only notable feature of Celliant. There are studies that show it also promotes blood flow and might help in the recovery process. It makes Bear the perfect choice for anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re eager to curl in Bear Bear, get our top deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need plenty of support to ensure their spines are aligned while also getting requisite pressure relief to prevent pain in low back. They could find a great combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that uses a tandem with memory foam and poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud slightly firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re sitting on top of the mattress. While at the same time, they’ll get a little squeeze due to the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel which prevents it from storing heat as traditional memory foam does. And the bed’s coils make enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you do end up opting for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it may be a good idea to help you with the move into your home (and perhaps setting it up) once it arrives.
Sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper in search of a bed that will help keep you cool at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the one for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology that draws your body’s warmth away from the sleeper.
In the beginning, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special textile that draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the feel. It also comes with a layer of gel memory foam which as well as being cool, provides plenty of cushioning and pain relief.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy as a brand GhostBed is known as the brand that has their “Ghost Ice” cover on many their mattresses. Additionally, it is made from the Phase Change Material which aids in ensuring that with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only downside is it could be slippery, which is why you may need to put an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep everything comfortable and cozy.
In terms of comfort in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide the back and side sleepers an ideal balance of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples due to its excellent motion absorption as well as its bounciness (a plus for sex).
If your primary concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good alternative. It combines soft top foams with sturdy steel coils that assists in keeping your spine in a healthy alignment and prevents back issues. In fact the support is so robust that it could be a good alternative for those who weigh more than 250 lb.
However, it’s not the only suitable position to sleep in this Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be very comfortable sleeping on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the mattress and allow you to get some relief from pressure while your hips still feel comfortable and supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel right at home on this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer has a lot of room for airflow. The comfort layer is constructed from what’s known as Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly breathable, and as an added touch, it has a thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on top. All of these traits should help to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting the fact that it’s a responsive mattress and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel of memory foam. If you’re a lover of the feeling of a quicksand, you may want to consider a different bed.
Think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Shop here for our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils that provide a mixture of support and comfort. In general, we’d say it’s on the soft side, scoring a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context, the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This means that the Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who will feel amazing pressure relief as their shoulders and hips sink into the comfort layer.
It’s worth pointing out that the comfort section is composed of not two, but one layer of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of these materials are specifically designed to keep sleepers comfortable, the latter being a graphite-infused variant from the first Nolah AirFoam found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who like an extra soft mattress may like the Nolah and it’s an ideal choice for couples. They’ll not only get that mix of support and comfort that we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Coils. at 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam that supports on the edges of the bed, and also the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Is you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress you wanted above, you might benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Here are some of my suggestions based upon body type as well as age, sleep position, and managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points in their shoulders and hips. We have compiled a list of the best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate level of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line, and typically, they’ll find this in a mattress that is medium-firm. There are some top-quality options in the best mattresses for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm bed that keeps their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s important in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move about and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a an average-firm feel, similar to those in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely in coil systems to provide support. They often have a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for back, stomach and combination sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coil and foam support and their feeling differs widely. Check out the top hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They employ layers of foam that cushion and support the sleeping person. They are the most well-known kind of all-foam mattress which offer a lot of body-contouring and pressure relief. Check out the top mattress made of memory foam to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed from green Dunlop or Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. Combination sleepers and heavy people often like these beds. Take a look at the best latex mattresses for more on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to help sleepers all night! Some of the best adjustable beds are the most advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our roundup of the best air mattresses.
The choice of a bed that reduces the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that could help with several kinds of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest you look at the best mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and best mattresses for sciatica articles to know more about the best pain management options.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the price, take a look at the most comfortable mattresses available for the cost.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, see our top mattresses that cost less than $1000 or the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for a mattress that sleeps cool I suggest one of the following: Latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote the circulation of air, and this is crucial for keeping a low temperature at night.
- My top air-conditioned beds in our list of top cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 pounds) will often discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I would suggest that those who sleep light to review of the most comfortable mattresses to make sure they get the pressure relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) need a bed with an extra level of support to stop premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. For more information on how to select a mattress that suits your body check out our website to find the the best mattresses for heavy people.
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific sleep needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- For seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional-looking mattresses that provide flexibility and support, yet are still gentle on sensitive joints. I suggest looking at our top mattresses for older people to discover a feeling that is suitable for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have their own requirements for sleep, too! Find out more about selecting an appropriate mattress in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a companion (or pet! ), it’s important to choose a mattress that features low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples to get some ideas including beds with impressive edge support, cooling options, and other needs that couples could consider.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattress for sex should look through our guide to mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For Hot Climate FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here and it’s crucial to take your personal budget into consideration. There are a variety of great mattresses to be found in every price range! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is generally considered to be one priced under $1000 for a Queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your old mattress at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress may fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it with care. You can also prolong the life of a mattress some time by adding the mattress topper.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s important to look over its warranty, which will give you an idea of how long it will last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back pain?
Many people suffering from back pain discover that a medium or firm mattress is ideal for their back. This kind of bed can assist you in keeping your spine straight during the night, which can help alleviate some of the discomfort. If you are looking for a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, take a look at our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re advised to choose mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses in this list, they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. If they want a wider selection, they can always go through our selection of the best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers fall on the opposite side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they tend to prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. The majority of mattresses listed here should be a great match for sleepers who prefer side sleeping particularly the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Hot Climate