So you’re in the market for a new mattress but don’t know where to begin. There are many options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds of others circulating in the world of online bed-in-a box brands. So , what’s the ideal mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress For Hot Back Sleepers
Remember that the word “best” is somewhat subjective. Different people require different things from a bed, so what’s best for one person will not work for another.
We made sure to keep a broad range of different categories when presenting our top picks. Our hope is that most people will be able to discover not only”the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the in-depth details of each of these beds we’d like to tell you some details about the method we used to choose the beds.
Here at Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models within our lab for mattresses, running each one through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer with a seismometer. We then give each bed an overall rating based on materials and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also consider the performance of the brand, like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the best among the top, we really took each bed’s overall score into account. Each mattress on this list is rated 4/5 or above. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which were awarded an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you must choose a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support as well as pressure relief that cushions and quality materials that won’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of expensive models, but at lower costs. With a durable coil-on-coil design, it features an innerspring-like feel that should be a good fit for all types of sleepers. It’s also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm and Firm), which makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach and back sleepers should be most comfortable on the Luxury as well as the Firm model while side sleepers will appreciate more of the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination you’ll be able to easily shift positions with any of the models, because of the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. It even has an HD model designed specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is that its coils provide the mattress with outstanding edge support. You should be able to sit on or sleep close to the edge of your mattress without feeling like it’s going to fall over or make you fall over. The only downside to this springy mattress is the fact that it creates quite a lot of motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with your partner, you might feel each other’s movements at night, particularly if one (or both) is the type of sleeper who is light.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made from natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have to worry about sleeping with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now one of the most recognizable brands in the mattress market due to its customizable. Customers can take a sleep quiz on the Helix website, which takes the body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into account so that the company can suggest the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side sleeper is likely to be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, which is a moderately firm mattress that gives a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body, and it cradles sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides since this is where they place the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should be satisfied with this combination of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. As a hybrid, there’s a layer of pockets beneath the foams that provide sufficient support to accommodate two people. While this also results in some bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to seriously disturb the other person or you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who needs a little more pressure relief, I’d suggest checking for Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes additional foam layers. It’s also possible to check out more of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re convinced by the Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or even buts about it — mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you have to spend a fortune to get a good night’s Zzz’s. As an example, the Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress that packs a powerful quality of sleep without breaking the bank.
At present, it is priced under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts This memory foam mattress is made by using 5″ of plush mattress made of gel. This gives you plenty of comfort and a deep body contour which can be beneficial for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They should also feel some immense pressure relief and soft support around the hips and shoulders.
At the same time the Nectar has enough support in its foam with high density below the back, which should enjoy the medium firmness of the mattress. The best part is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of movement across the entire structure, making it a great choice for couples. If you’re in the market of a super-soft bed, they should check out this brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional features and bells.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Get an even more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with your partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples want. It is available in a Medium, Soft, and Firm model, so most couples should be in a position to find a bed that works for them. All of the options have strong edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing your partner from feeling every turn and toss.
Couples should also be aware of cooling when shopping for a new mattress, as two bodies emit more body heat than one. But this isn’t a problem with the Signature mattress, which is made of the naturally cooling latex-like foam in its comfort layer. It also has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that allow for plenty of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to appeal to lovebirds is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam), which makes it a good mattress for sexual sex. Finally, it’s worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand can pass on savings onto the customer. This means that the Signature (and all of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 lb and over) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that’s going to comfortably support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four firmness levels that include Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus. The Plus is made of reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These springs are strengthened, resulting in stronger edge support which allows you to spread to the end of the bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides soft pressure relief thanks to its pillow-top quilted layer as well as plenty of firm support thanks to its coil-like support layer. It also provides zoned support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, based on the area) to ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically for back pain.
Apart from the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool to sleep. The cover is breathable and made from eco-friendly Tencel and the coils permit a ton of airflow. This will help those who sleep more keep a low temperature throughout the night.
Does this sound like the mattress of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our firmness scale, the Bear is a good choice for those who are looking for a comfortable and comfortable bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density foam in the middle, topped by a thinner layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be sufficient support for back sleepers, and they’ll also receive a bit of contouring from the comfort layer of memory foam infused by graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, and so does a cover of breathable, lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, it’s not the only notable characteristic of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it also promotes blood flow and might help with recovery. This makes the Bear the perfect choice for those who lives an active life.
If you’re looking to snuggle in the Bear, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need a lot of support to ensure their spines are aligned, while also receiving the necessary pressure relief to prevent pain in the lower back. They could find a great combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress made up of the combination consisting of poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re sitting on top of the bed. While at the same time they’ll feel a bit of a hug from the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam is infused with cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat like traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you decide to choosing the DreamCloud be aware that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it might be a good idea to assist you in moving it into your house (and perhaps setting it up) once it arrives.
Are you sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot in search of a bed that can help cool you down at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice that is right for you. The mattress has cooling technology that draws your body’s warmth away from the sleeper.
First, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special textile which draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the skin. It also comes with an underlying layer of gel memory foam, which as well as being cooling, offers lots of cushioning and pain relief.
One other notable cooling feature: As a brand, GhostBed is well-known as the brand that has the “Ghost Ice” cover for some mattress models. It is also made of a Phase Change Material, it assists in helping with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. Its only disadvantage is that it could be slippery, which is why you may need to put a fitted sheet on your bed that keeps everything comfortable and cozy.
For feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide those who sleep on their sides and backs a balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also an excellent choice for couples due to its fantastic motion absorption and the bounce (a bonus for couples).
If you’re primarily concerned with maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good option. It combines soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which assists in keeping your spine in a neutral alignment and avoids back problems. In fact the support is so solid that it can be a great option for heavy sleepers over 250 lb.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only suitable position to sleep in the Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel comfortable lying on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the mattress and give you some refreshing pressure relief while your hips still feel supported.
Hot sleepers will feel right at home with the Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer offers plenty of space for airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from what’s known as Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly comfortable and as an added feature, it features a thin layer of cooling gel on over the top. All of these traits should help the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out the fact that it’s a responsive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel of memory foam. So if you’re a fan of the feeling of a quicksand then you might want to reconsider your options.
Think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Check out our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils that provide a mixture of comfort and support. In general, we’d say it’s a bit soft and scored a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for the sake of context, medium firm is 6.5/10). This means that the Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who will feel amazing pressure relief as their hips and shoulders slide into the comfort layer.
It’s worth pointing out that this section of comfort is comprised of not just one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of them are designed to keep the sleeper at a comfortable temperature, with the former being a graphite-infused version from the first Nolah AirFoam used in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like a soft mattress might also appreciate the Nolah as it’s an ideal choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll experience the mix of support and comfort you mentioned, but they’ll be able stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Coils. At 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which holds up on the edges of the bed and also the middle. This means that Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are you sure that it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you liked then you could benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Here are some of my recommendations based on the type of body and age, sleeping posture, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points in their shoulders and hips. We have compiled a list of the best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal level of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line, and usually, that’s in the middle-firm range of mattresses. There are some top-quality alternatives in the best mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm bed that keeps their hips in alignment in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out more about why this is crucial in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are simple to move about and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a bouncy mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to those in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely in coil systems to provide support. They usually feature a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for back, stomach, and combination sleepers. You can check out our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coils and foam and their comfort is different. Find the top hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They employ layers of foam to both provide cushioning and support to the sleeper. Mattresses made of memory foam are favored kind of all-foam mattress which offers a wide range of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Look over the best memory foam mattress to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically made with environmentally friendly Dunlop and Talalay latex. They are naturally cool and bouncey. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy typically like these mattresses. Check out the top latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses make use of air to help sleepers throughout the night! A few of the most comfortable adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our review of the top air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that reduces pain is particularly important for sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that can help you with different kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest you look at the top mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to know more about the best pain management options.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the cost consider looking at the best mattresses for the cost.
- If you’re on a strict budget, check out our top mattresses that cost less than $1,000 or the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for a mattress that sleeps cool I would suggest you go with an innerspring, Latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase airflow, which is essential for keeping the temperature at a minimum at night.
- My top breathable beds in our roundup of the most comfortable mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 pounds) will often discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d recommend those who sleep light to review of the top soft mattresses to ensure they get the pressure relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) require a mattress that provides an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are the most important considerations. To find out how to pick the best mattress that suits your body go to our site to find the the best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific sleeping needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- Seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional mattresses that offer support and mobility, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattresses for older people to discover a feeling that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have their own requirements for sleep, as well! Learn more about how to choose an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a spouse (or pet! ), it’s important to choose an option that is low in motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses for some examples including mattresses that offer exceptional edge support, cooling options and other requirements that couples might be thinking about.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattresses for sex can browse our list of beds that are supple and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Mattress For Hot Back Sleepers FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here, so it’s important to take your budget into consideration. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses to be found in every price range! A budget mattress is generally considered to be one priced under $1000 for a queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress each 7-10 years. But, mattresses can fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a proper foundation or care for it in a rough way. It is also possible to extend the lifespan of a mattress that is old for some time by adding an mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s essential to look over the warranty. It will give you an idea of how long it will last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back stiffness?
Many people suffering from back pain find that a medium or firm mattress is ideal for them. This kind of bed can aid in keeping your spine straight overnight, which can help alleviate some of the discomfort. If you are looking for a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, check out our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the most support. With that in mind, they’re best off with mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses on this list that include they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. If they want a wider range, go through our selection of the most comfortable mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are at the opposite side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they generally prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. A majority of the mattresses in this list will be ideal for sleepers who prefer side sleeping, most notably the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Hot Back Sleepers