You’re looking of a mattress, but have no idea where to begin. There are plenty of options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more rumbling around within the realm of online bed-in-a box brands. So , what’s the ideal mattress for 2022? Top Mattress For Hip Replacement
Well, keep in mind that the word “best” is a bit subjective. Different people require different things from their bed, so what works for one person may not work for another.
We kept a wide range of different categories when making our top picks. We hope that the majority of folks should be able to discover not only the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the in-depth details of each of these beds we’d like to tell you a little bit about the process we used to choose these beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses in our mattress lab, running every one of them through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using a seismometer. Then, we assign every bed an overall score based on materials, comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also take into account the performance of the brand, such as value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the best of the best, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress in this list has an overall score of 4/5 or higher. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which have scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, it’s important to choose a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support, cushioning pressure relief, and quality materials that won’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of the more expensive models, but at a more affordable price. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil construction, it has the traditional innerspring feel that should be an ideal fit to a wide range of sleepers. It’s also available in three different firmness levels (Plush soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) that makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers are likely to be the most comfortable on Luxury or Firm models. While side sleepers should enjoy using the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers, they’ll likely be able to shift positions with any of the models, due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. It even has an HD model made specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is that its coils give the bed an exceptional edge support. You should be able to lie down or sit close to the edge of your mattress without fearing that it’s going to collapse or make you fall over. The only downside to its springy nature is that it causes quite a lot of motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with your partner, you might sense each other’s movements at night, especially if one or the other are a light sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made with natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need the worry of sleeping in a room with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now one of the most recognizable brands in the mattress market due to its flexibility. Customers are able to take a sleep test via the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into account so that the brand can recommend the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side-sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, a medium-firm mattress that offers a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and supports sensitive areas like the shoulders and hips, which is vital for people who sleep on their side because that’s the place they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should also be happy with this combination of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Since it’s a hybrid with a mattress, it has pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams that provide sufficient support to accommodate two people. This also causes the slightest amount of bounce, it’s not enough to disturb the other person or you. In addition, the firmness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes additional foam layers. You can also look at our other top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. If you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you must spend a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. For instance, it’s the Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress with a significant quality of sleep without breaking the bank.
At present, it is priced under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts, this memory foam bed is built with 5″ of soft gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of relaxation and body contouring that can work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They should also feel some extreme pressure relief as well as cushions at the shoulders and hips.
In addition, the Nectar has enough support in the high-density foam beneath for those who sleep on their backs, and should enjoy the medium firmness of the mattress. Additionally, the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion throughout the entire structure and makes it a fantastic pick for couples. If anyone is in search for a bed that is super soft, they should check out this brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional bells and whistles.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Find a better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with your partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples want. It is available in a Medium, Soft and Firm option which means that most couples will be in a position to find the bed that is right for their preferences. Each of them has sturdy edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and a solid motion isolation, keeping your partner from feeling every turn and toss.
Couples should be aware of cooling when shopping for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies emit more body heat than one. But this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature model, which features a naturally cooling, latex-like foam that is in the cushion layer. Additionally, it has an innovative design that incorporates springs that have room for plenty of airflow.
Another trait that should attract lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) and makes it a good mattress for sexual sex. Also, it’s important to note that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand is able to pass savings to the consumer. This is what makes Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and all of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 lb and over) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that will adequately support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four different levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally the Plus. The Plus is made with reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These strengthened springs also result in stronger edge support allowing you to spread out all the way to the edge to the edge of your bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some gentle pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as lots of support thanks to its coil-like support layer. The mattress also offers zones of support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, depending on the region) to ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically for back pain.
Outside of this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool to sleep. It has a breathable cover constructed out of sustainable Tencel, and the coils provide a ton of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier maintain a cool temperature through the entire night.
Does this sound like the mattress of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our firmness scale, the Bear should appeal to folks looking for a firm and supportive mattress. This comes from a thick layer of high-density foam in the middle, topped by a thinner layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s sufficient support for back sleepers, and they’ll also receive a more contouring with a comfort layer of memory foam that’s coated by graphite. This makes the mattress cool, as does a covering made of breathable, light material known as Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noticeable aspect of Celliant. Some studies show that it can increase blood flow and might help with recovery. It makes Bear a great fit for those who is active.
If you’re ready to curl in Bear Bear, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require plenty of support to ensure their spines are aligned and also get the relief from pressure in their lower back. They could find a great combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress made up of the combination of memory foam, poly foam and pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top of the mattress. In addition they’ll feel a touch of comfort by the foam memory.
Speaking of which, the memory foam is infused with cooling gel in the form of an infusion that prevents it from absorbing heat as traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils create room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you end up opting for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a very heavy mattress, and it could be a good idea to assist you in moving it into your house (and maybe even setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot looking for a mattress that can help keep you cool at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the one for you. This mattress features cooling technology that helps draw the body’s heat from sleepers.
First, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special textile that draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the feel. Additionally, it has an underlying layer of gel memory foam which, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of comfort and relief from pain.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy as a brand GhostBed is famous for its “Ghost Ice” cover for the majority mattress models. Additionally, it is made from a phase change material, it helps with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. Its only disadvantage is that it could be slippery, so you may need to put sheets that are fitted to your bed that keeps everything nice and snug.
In terms of feel in terms of feel, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer the back and side sleepers the perfect combination of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples because of its amazing motion absorption and bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your primary concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past this Casper Wave Hybrid is a good choice. It combines soft top foams with sturdy steel coils that helps keep your spine within a healthy alignment and prevents back issues. In fact the support is so solid that it can be a great option for heavy sleepers over 250 pounds.
But it’s not the only suitable position that works with this Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be comfortable lying on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into your bed and give you some relief from the pressure, while your hips are supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel comfortable with this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil has a lot of room for airflow. The comfort layer is made of what’s known as Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly comfortable and as an added touch, it has a thin layer of cooling gel up top. These features should assist in helping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting that this is a receptive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel of memory foam. So if you’re a fan of the feeling of a quicksand it might be a good idea to consider a different bed.
Are you thinking that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Check out our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils to provide the perfect blend of comfort and support. In general, we’d say it’s a bit soft with a score of 6/10 on our firmness scale (for the sake of context, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This is what makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who will feel fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips sink into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth noting that this comfort section is made of not two, but one layer of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of these materials are designed to keep the sleeper comfortable, the latter being a graphite-infused version that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who prefer a soft mattress might also appreciate the Nolah and it’s an ideal choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll experience the mix of comfort and support you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Support Coils. With a height of 8′ they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which is used to support the sides of the bed and also the middle. This means that Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you were looking for, you might benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Here are some of my suggestions based upon body type as well as age, sleep positions, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points in their shoulders and hips. We have compiled a list of the best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate combination of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain in a straight line, and typically, they’ll find this in a medium-firm mattress. They can find some high-quality options in the best mattresses that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that will keep their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Find out why this is essential in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are simple to move around on and switch positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with moderate firmness, such as the ones we have in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based upon coils to support. They typically feature a firm, bouncy feel and work well for back, stomach and mixed sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coil and foam support, and their feel varies widely. Find the top hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They use layers of foam that cushion and support the sleeping person. Mattresses made of memory foam are favored type of all-foam mattress , which offers a wide range of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Check out the top memory foam mattresses to find out more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are typically made with eco-friendly Dunlop and Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncy. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy often like these beds. Take a look at the best latex mattresses to learn more about this natural material.
- Air mattresses utilize air to provide support to the sleeper throughout the night! Some of the best adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our roundup of best air mattresses.
Selecting a mattress that helps mitigate pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that can help you with different kinds of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest looking into the best mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the best sciatica mattresses articles to learn more about pain management solutions.
- If you want a durable value mattress, take a look at the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re looking at finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the cost consider looking at the best mattresses for the money.
- If you’re on a tight budget, take a look at our top mattresses that cost less than $1000 or the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I suggest one of the following: latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage ventilation, which can be crucial for keeping the temperature at a minimum during the night.
- My top air-conditioned beds in our list of top cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 pounds) are likely to discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I would suggest that these sleepers take a review of the best soft mattresses to make sure they receive the relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 1 lb) need a bed with extra support to prevent the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are the most important considerations. To learn how to choose the best mattress that suits your body, visit our page to find the best mattresses for heavy people.
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific sleep needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for children..
- For seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet they are also gentle on joints. I suggest looking at our top mattresses for older adults to discover a feeling that will work well for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have specific sleeping needs too! Learn more about how to choose a comfortable mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a spouse (or pet! ) It is important to select a mattress that features low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the best mattresses for couples for some examples and mattresses that offer exceptional edges, cool options as well as other features that couples might take into consideration.
- Couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy should look through our guide to beds that are supple and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Mattress For Hip Replacement FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this, so it’s important to take your own budget into account. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses in every price range! Overall, a budget mattress is usually considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least each 7-10 years. However, a mattress may sag prematurely if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it with care. You can also prolong the life of a mattress that is old for several months by using a mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s essential to take a look at the warranty. It can also give you an idea of the length it should last.
What is the best mattress for back stiffness?
The majority of people with back pain find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is the best choice for them. This kind of bed can aid in keeping your spine straight during the night, which can help alleviate many of the discomfort. If you are looking for a mattress that will ease your back pain, check out our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. With that in mind, they’re better off using mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses on this list it’s they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. If they want a wider selection, they can always go through our selection of the best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are on the other end of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they tend to prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. The majority of mattresses listed here should be a great match for those who sleep on their sides especially the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Hip Replacement