So you’re in the market for a new mattress but don’t know what to look for. Not only are there choices to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more swirling within the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. What’s the most suitable mattress for 2022? Top Mattress For Hip Replacement Patients
Keep in mind that the concept of “best” is somewhat subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics from a bed, so what’s best for one person may not work for another.
That’s why we have a variety of subjects in our mind while making our top picks. Our hope is that most users will be able find not just an “best” mattress and not just the one that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the in-depth details of each of these beds we’d like to tell you some details about how we came to choose the beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 products within our lab for mattresses, putting every mattress through tests like pressure mapping and assessing motion transfer using the seismometer. From there, we give every bed an overall score in accordance with the material as well as comfort, support edge support, and cooling. We also take into account the performance of the brand, like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the top among the top, we took each bed’s overall score into consideration. Each mattress in this list is rated 4 or more. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which were awarded an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you should choose a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support, cushioning pressure relief, and high-quality materials that won’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of the more costly models, but at lower costs. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil construction, it has an innerspring-like feel , which is a good fit to a wide range of sleepers. It also comes in three different firmness levels (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm) and makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach and back sleepers are likely to be the most comfortable on the Luxury and Firm versions while side sleepers will appreciate the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers, they’ll likely be able to change positions on any of the models due to the Saatva’s soft combination of support and comfort. There’s even an HD model specially designed for sleepers who are heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is its coils provide the mattress with exceptional edge support. You should be able to sleep or sit close to the edge of your mattress and not feel like it’s going to fall over or cause you to fall off. The only issue with the Saatva’s springiness is that it creates an extremely high amount of motion transfer so if you’re sleeping with your partner, you might sense each other’s movements at night, especially if one or the other are the type of sleeper who is light.
It’s also worth shining a a light on some of Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made with Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have the worry of sleeping in a room with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become among the top recognizable brands in the mattress market due to its flexibility. Customers can take a sleep quiz on the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleeping preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration so that the company can suggest the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, which is a moderately firm mattress that gives a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body, and it cradles vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders. This is vital for people who sleep on their side since this is where they place the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should be happy with this combination of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Since it’s a hybrid with a mattress, it has pocketed coils below the foams, which creates adequate support for 2 persons. This also causes the slightest amount of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to cause any major disturbance to the other person or you. In addition, the firmness makes it a good mattress for sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who needs a little more pressure-relief, you should check for Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes extra foam layers. Also, you can check out more of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it — mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For instance Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress that packs a serious relaxation punch, without costing you a fortune.
The current price is less than $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts The memory foam bed is made with 5″ of luxurious Gel memory foam. This allows for ample relaxation and body contouring which can be beneficial for sleepers who are side-sleeping. You should also feel immense pressure relief and soft support around the hips and shoulders.
At the same time, the Nectar offers enough support thanks to the high-density foam beneath for back sleepers, who will appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion across the structure, making it a great pick for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a mattress that’s super soft, they should check out the brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional features and bells.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Get an even more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with a partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples need. It is available in three different sizes: Soft, Medium, and Firm model, so most couples should be capable of finding a bed that works for their preferences. All models have solid edges (which make the bed feel larger) and a solid motion isolationthat keeps you from feeling your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples must also take cooling into consideration when choosing a new mattress, as two bodies give off much more heat to the body than one. However, this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature, which has an naturally cool, latex-like foam that is in its comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with a hybrid design with springs that allow for plenty of airflow.
Another feature that will appeal to lovebirds is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam) that makes it a great mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company is able to pass savings onto the customer. This makes it possible to make the Signature (and any of the other products by the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, but one that has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds and above) and you’re looking for an appropriate mattress that can adequately support you. The WinkBed is available in four different levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm, Firmer, and finally the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These springs are strengthened, resulting in extra-strong edge support, which allows you to spread to the end in the mattress.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides gentle pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as plenty of firm support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zones of support (a combination of softer and more firm foams, based on the region) to help you alleviate aches and pains, especially for back pain.
Outside of the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool to sleep. It has a breathable cover constructed from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils allow for an abundance of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier to keep their temperature at a minimum through the entire night.
Does this sound like the mattress of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear will appeal to those in search of a firm and comfortable bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam in the middle, topped by a thinner layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s more than enough support here for back sleepers, and they’ll also get a little shape from the cushion of comfort foam infused by graphite. This makes the mattress cool, as does the mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noteworthy characteristic of Celliant. Some studies show that it can also improve blood flow and might help in recovering. It makes Bear a great fit for athletes or anyone who is active.
If you’re eager to curl up on your Bear, get our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require plenty of support to ensure their spines are aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure in low back. They might find a good combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses a tandem consisting of poly foam, as well as pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re sitting on top of the mattress. While at the same time they’ll feel a squeeze from the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam comes with an infusion of cooling gel, keeping it from trapping heat as traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you decide to choosing the DreamCloud, know that it’s a very heavy bed, so it might be beneficial to help you with the move into your home (and maybe even setting it up) once it arrives.
Have you bought the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot seeking a bed that will keep you cool at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology that draws body heat away from sleeping.
In the beginning, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special fabric that draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the skin. Additionally, it has an underlying layer of gel memory foam, which is, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of comfort and relief from pain.
One other notable cooling feature: As a brand, GhostBed is well-known as the brand that has the “Ghost Ice” cover on some of its mattresses. Also made with the Phase Change Material which helps with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. Its only disadvantage is that it could be slippery, which is why you may need to put an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep it neat and secure.
In terms of comfort, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give the back and side sleepers an ideal combination of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples because of its amazing motion absorption and bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If you’re primarily concerned with maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back discomfort in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a good choice. It combines soft top foams and sturdy steel coils that assists in keeping your spine in a healthy alignment and avoids back problems. Actually, the support is so robust that it could be a great option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
But it’s not the only option that works with Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel at ease sleeping on your back. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the bed and allow you to get some relief from the pressure, and your hips should feel supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will be comfortable on the Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design offers plenty of space for airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely comfortable, and as an added feature, it features a thin coating of cooling gel on the top. All of these traits should aid in keeping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting the fact that it’s a very responsive bed that doesn’t offer the more sluggish feel of memory foam. If you’re a lover of the feeling of a quicksand, you may want to reconsider your options.
Think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Check out our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils for the perfect blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say it’s a bit soft, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for context moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This means that this model Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who will feel incredible pressure relief when their shoulders and hips slide into the comfort layer.
It’s important to note that the comfort section is composed of not two, but one layer of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of them are specifically designed to keep sleepers at a comfortable temperature, with the second being a graphite-infused variant of the original Nolah AirFoam that is found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who like a soft mattress might also like the Nolah and it’s a comfy choice for couples. They’ll not only get that mix of support and comfort you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Coils. With a height of 8′, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which is used to support both sides of the bed, as well as the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress you wanted above then you could benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Below are a few of my recommendations based on your body type as well as age, sleep posture, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good balance of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line, and they’ll typically find that in the middle-firm range of mattresses. They can find some high-quality alternatives in the best mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm bed that keeps their hips in alignment in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out why this is important in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move about and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to the ones we have in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely in coil systems to provide support. They often have a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for stomach, back, and combo sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coil and foam support and their comfort is different. Check out the top hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They use layers of foam to both cushion and support the sleeping person. Memory foam mattresses are a favored type of all-foam mattress that provide a great body contouring as well as pressure relieving. Take a look at the top mattress made of memory foam to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically made with eco-friendly Dunlop or Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy typically like these mattresses. Look over the best latex mattresses for more information on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses use air to provide support to the sleeper overnight! The best adjustable mattresses are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Learn more in our review of best air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that helps mitigate pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that could help with several different types of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest looking into the most suitable mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or best mattresses for sciatica articles to learn more about pain management solutions.
- If you want a durable value mattress, take a look at the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re interested in finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the cost, take a look at the top mattresses for your money.
- If you’re on a tight budget, take a look at our top mattresses for under 1,000 or the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I would suggest you go with a Latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage the circulation of air, and this is important for keeping the temperature at a minimum in the night.
- You can see my favorite air-conditioned beds in our list of the most comfortable cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 pounds) are likely to find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that those who sleep light to review of the top soft mattresses to make sure they get the pressure relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over lb) need a bed with extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. To find out how to pick the best mattress that is suitable for your body, visit our page to find the top mattresses designed for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific requirements for sleep! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our best mattresses for kids.
- The elderly (over 65) typically prefer traditional-looking mattresses that provide flexibility and support, yet aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I suggest looking at our top mattresses for seniors to find one that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have their own requirements for sleep, as well! Learn more about how to choose an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a partner (or pet! ), it’s important to pick a mattress that features low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples for some examples, as well as beds that have impressive edges, cool features as well as other features that couples might consider.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattresses for sex should browse our list of beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For Hip Replacement Patients FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this, so it’s important to take your own budget into account. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses available at all price points! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is generally considered to be one priced under $1000 for a Queen-sized.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress may sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also prolong the life of a mattress some time by adding an mattress protector.
When you purchase a brand new bed, you need to take a look at the warranty. It will also provide you with a good idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back pain?
Many people suffering from back pain will find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is best for their back. The type of mattress you choose will assist you in keeping your spine straight during the night and can ease some of the back pain. If you are looking for a mattress that will ease your back pain, look through our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. This is why they’re better off using mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses on this list that include they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. For a more expansive choice, look through our list of the most comfortable sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the best mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers fall on the other end of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they usually prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. Many of the mattresses on this list should be ideal for sleepers who prefer side sleeping particularly those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Hip Replacement Patients