So you’re in the market of a mattress, but aren’t sure what to look for. Not only are there choices to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds of others circulating in the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So what’s the best bed for you in 2022? Top Mattress For Hip And Lower Back Pain
Keep in mind that the concept of “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different types of sleepers require different features of a mattress, and what’s best for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
We kept a wide range of different categories when we made our top picks. Our hope is that most users will be able find not just an “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the nitty gritty of each of these beds We’d like to talk some details about the method we used to choose these beds.
Here at Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models in our mattress lab. We’ve put every mattress through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using seismometer. We then give each bed an overall rating in accordance with the material as well as comfort, support cooling, and edge support. We also factor in the performance of the brand, like value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the best among the top, we considered each bed’s overall score into account. Every mattress listed here has an overall score of 4/5 or above. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which have scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you must find a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and quality materials that aren’t going to be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of expensive models, but at a more affordable price. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil structure, it offers the traditional innerspring feeling that is suitable for a variety of sleepers. It’s also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm and Firm) that makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers are likely to be the most comfortable on Luxury as well as the Firm model while those who sleep on their sides should prefer using the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination will likely be able to shift positions with any of the models, thanks to the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. The Saatva has even got an HD model specially designed for heavier sleepers.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is its coils give the bed exceptional edge support. It should be possible to lie down or sit close to the edge of your mattress and not feel like it’s going to fall over or cause you to slide off. The only downside to the Saatva’s springiness is that it causes an extremely high amount of motion transfer which means that if you sleep with your partner, you might be able to feel each other’s movements during the late at night, particularly if either or the other is the type of sleeper who is light.
Finally, it’s worth shining a light on some of the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made from natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need be concerned about sleeping near toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now an extremely recognizable names in the mattress game because of its customization. Customers can take a sleep quiz through the Helix website that takes their body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into consideration , so that the company can suggest the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side is likely to be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, which is an average-firm mattress that provides an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and supports delicate areas like hips and shoulders. This is essential for side sleepers since this is where they place the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be happy with this combination of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Since it’s a hybrid with a mattress, it has pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, providing sufficient support to accommodate two persons. While this also results in a tiny bit of bounce, it’s not enough to disturb you or your partner. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who needs a little more pressure relief, I’d suggest checking for Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with additional foam layers. Also, you can check out more of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re convinced by the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or even buts about it — mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune just to get some quality Zzz’s. For instance the Nectar mattress is a great value buy that packs a serious relaxation punch, without spending a lot of money.
Currently priced at under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts This memory foam mattress is constructed of 5″ of soft mattress made of gel. This gives you plenty of relaxation and body contouring which can be beneficial for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They should also feel some intense pressure relief and soft support around the hips and shoulders.
However, the Nectar has enough support in the high-density foam beneath the back, which should enjoy the medium thickness of its mattress. Additionally, the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion throughout the entire structure which makes it an ideal pick for couples. If anyone is in search of a mattress that’s super soft you should look into the brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional bells and whistles.
Are you happy with this value mattress? You can get a much better deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with someone else and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It comes in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm version which means that most couples will be in a position to find the bed that is right for their needs. Each of them has strong edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and solid motion isolationthat keeps you from being a victim of your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples should also consider cooling when choosing a new mattress, as two bodies give off much more heat to the body than one. But this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature mattress, which is made of the naturally cooling latex-like foam in the cushion layer. Additionally, it has a hybrid design with springs that have room for a lot of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to attract lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam) that makes it a great mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand is able to pass savings onto the customer. This is what makes it possible to make the Signature (and every one of the other products by the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that still has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds and above), then you need an appropriate mattress that can adequately support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four different levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally, the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These strengthened springs also result in stronger edge support which allows you to spread until the edge in the mattress.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides mild pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and ample firmness thanks to its coil-like support layer. The mattress also offers zones of support (a combination of soft and more firm foams, based on the area) to help ease aches and pains, especially in your back.
Outside of it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool to sleep. There’s a breathable cover made from eco-friendly Tencel and the coils permit a ton of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier keep a low temperature throughout the night.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our scale of firmness 7/10, the Bear should appeal to folks looking for a firm and supportive bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density support foam in the middle, over which is a lighter layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s likely to be more than enough support here for back sleepers, and they’ll also get a little shape from the cushion of comfort foam filled by graphite. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does a cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only notable feature of Celliant. Some studies show that it can also improve blood flow and might help with recovery. This makes the Bear an ideal choice for those who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re ready to curl in Bear Bear, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require a lot of support to ensure their spines are aligned and also get the relief from pressure to avoid pain in low back. They might find a good combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that uses the combination of memory foam, poly foam and pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re sitting on top of the mattress. At the same time, they’ll get a little squeeze due to the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel that prevents it from absorbing heat like traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you do end up going for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a very heavy bed, so it may be beneficial to help you with getting it in your home (and maybe even setting it up) when it arrives.
Have you bought your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot looking for a mattress that will help to cool down during the night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress that is right for you. The mattress has cooling technology to draw body heat away from sleepers.
First, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special textile that absorbs heat from the sleeper and feels cool to the skin. It also comes with an underlying layer of gel memory foam, which is, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of cushioning and pain relief.
Another notable cooling characteristic as a brand GhostBed is well-known for their “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on some of its mattresses. It is also made of a Phase Change Material, it helps the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only drawback is that it can be a bit slippery, which is why you may prefer an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep everything neat and secure.
In terms of feel in terms of feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer side sleepers and back sleepers an ideal balance of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and its bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your main concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back discomfort in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good alternative. It blends soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat aids in keeping the spine neutral position and helps prevent back pain. Actually the support is so solid that it can be a good option for people who sleep heavily over 250 pounds.
However, it’s not the only suitable position for this Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very comfortable lying on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into your bed and allow you to get some relief from pressure while your hips still feel supported.
Hot sleepers will feel comfortable on this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design has a lot of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made of something called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely comfortable, and as an added feature, it features a thin coating of cooling gel up top. All of these features will aid in keeping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out it’s a responsive mattress and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel that memory foam provides. If you’re a lover of that quicksand feeling it might be a good idea to consider a different bed.
Are you thinking that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Find us here to get our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils for an optimum blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say that it’s a bit soft, scoring a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for the sake of context medium firm is 6.5/10). This makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers, who should feel some fantastic pressure relief as their hips and shoulders are sunk into the comfort layer.
It’s worth pointing out that the comfort section is made of not two, but one layer of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both are designed to keep the sleeper at a comfortable temperature, with the latter being a graphite-infused variation of the original Nolah AirFoam found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who prefer a soft mattress might also appreciate the Nolah and it’s a comfortable option for couples. They’ll not only get that mix of support and comfort that you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Coils. at 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which holds up the sides of the mattress, as well as the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you were looking for it, you may want to consider one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Here are some of my recommendations based on body type and age, sleeping posture, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points in their shoulders and hips. We have compiled a list of the best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal balance of pressure relief and support to keep their spines straight, and they’ll typically find that in a mattress that is medium-firm. They can find some high-quality options in the best mattresses that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that keeps their hips in alignment in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out more about why this is crucial in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are simple to move around and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a a medium-firm feel, like the ones in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely in coil systems to provide support. They often have a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for stomach, back, and combination sleepers. We have a list of our top innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of foam and coil support and their feeling varies widely. Check out the top hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They make use of layers of foam to cushion and support the sleeping person. Mattresses made of memory foam are well-known type of all-foam mattress that offer a lot of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Take a look at the best memory foam mattresses to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed from environmentally friendly Dunlop or Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. Combination sleepers and heavy people often like these beds. Check out the most popular latex mattresses for more on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses make use of air to support the sleeper overnight! A few of the most comfortable adjustable beds are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Learn more in our review of the top air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that helps mitigate pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options which can ease different types of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest looking into the best mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the best sciatica mattresses articles to learn more about pain management solutions.
- If you want a durable value mattress, take a look at the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re looking at getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the price, take a look at the best mattresses for the cost.
- If you’re on a strict budget, take a look at our best mattresses under 1,000 as well as the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of an ideal mattress for sleeping cool, I’d recommend opting for a mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage the circulation of air, and this is important to keep the temperature low at night.
- Here are my top mattresses that breathe in our roundup of best cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lb) will often find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend those who sleep light to review of the most comfortable mattresses to ensure that they get the pressure relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 1 lb) need a bed that provides extra support to prevent the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are the most important considerations. For more information on how to select the best mattress for your body type go to our site for the best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies , each with unique requirements for sleep! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for kids..
- For seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide flexibility and support, yet they are also gentle on joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattress for seniors to find a feel that works for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have specific requirements for sleep, too! Learn more about choosing an appropriate mattress in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you share a bed with a spouse (or pet! ) It is important to choose one that has low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the most suitable mattresses for couples for some examples and mattresses that offer exceptional edge support, cooling features as well as other features that couples could consider.
- Couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy should check out our guide for beds that are supple and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Mattress For Hip And Lower Back Pain FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this and it’s crucial to take your budget into account. Thankfully, there are great mattresses to be found at nearly every price point! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is usually considered to be one priced under $1000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress every 7-10 years. But, mattresses can sag prematurely if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also extend the life of a mattress that is old for some time by putting on a mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, you need to look over the warranty. It will also provide you with an idea of how long it will last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back pain?
Most people who struggle with back pain discover the medium-firm or firm mattress is the best choice for those with back pain. This kind of bed can aid in keeping your spine straight throughout the night, which can help alleviate some of the discomfort. If you are looking for a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, take a look at our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. With that in mind, they’re advised to choose a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses on this list it’s they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. If they want a wider choice, go through our selection of the best mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers fall on the other end of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they generally prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. Many of the mattresses listed here should be an ideal fit for those who sleep on their sides especially the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Hip And Lower Back Pain