You’re looking of a mattress, but aren’t sure where to begin. There are plenty of options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more swirling in the realm of online bed-in-a box brands. So , what’s the ideal bed for you in 2022? Top Mattress For Heavy Weight Side Sleepers
Well, keep in mind that the word “best” is a bit subjective. Different people require different things from a bed, so what’s best for one person will not work for another.
That’s why we kept a wide range of different categories when making our top picks. Our goal is that all users will be able get not only an “best” mattress and not just the one that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the details of each of these beds we’d like to tell you an overview of the method we used to select these beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses in our mattress lab, running each one through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer with seismometer. Then, we assign each bed an overall rating based on materials, comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also consider quality of the mattress with categories like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the best out of them, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress listed here is rated 4/5 or more. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which were awarded an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you must look for a bed that checks all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support and pressure relief cushioning, and high-quality materials that won’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva has all the benefits of those expensive models, but at a more affordable price. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil design, it features an innerspring-like feeling that is an ideal fit for a variety of sleepers. It’s also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) that makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers should be most comfortable on the Luxury and Firm versions. While those who sleep on their sides should prefer using the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers will likely be able to easily shift positions with any of the models, because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. It even has an HD model designed specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva is that its coils give the bed an exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to lie down or sit close to the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s about to fall down or cause you to fall off. The only downside to the Saatva’s springiness is that it creates fairly high motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with your partner, you might feel each other’s movements at night, particularly if one or the other is an eazy sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining the spotlight on Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made from natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need to worry about sleeping with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be among the top recognizable brands in the mattress market due to its customizable. Customers can take a test on their sleep through the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleeping preferences, and other factors into consideration so that the company can suggest the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side sleeper is likely to be directed towards the Helix Midnight, an average-firm mattress that provides the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and cradles vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders. This is essential for side sleepers because that’s the place they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be content with this mix of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. As a hybrid, there’s a layer of pockets beneath the foams that provide sufficient support to accommodate two persons. This also causes some bounce, it’s not enough to cause any major disturbance to the other person or you. In addition, the firmness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with more foam layer. It’s also possible to check out more of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or even buts about it — mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you must spend a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. For example, the Nectar mattress is an excellent bargain that packs a powerful quality of sleep without breaking the bank.
At present, it is priced under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts The memory foam bed is built of 5″ of soft mattress made of gel. This allows for ample relaxation and body contouring that could work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. You should also feel extreme pressure relief as well as soft support around the hips and shoulders.
At the same time the Nectar offers enough support thanks to its foam with high density below for back sleepers, who will appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. The best part is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion across the mattress and makes it a fantastic choice for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a mattress that’s super soft you should look into Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, with additional features and bells.
Sold on this great value mattress? You can get a much better deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with a partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It is available in a Soft, Medium, and Firm model and most couples will be in a position to find a bed that works for them. Each of them has sturdy edges (which make the bed feel larger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing you from feeling your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples should take cooling into consideration when shopping for the best mattress for them, since two bodies give off more body heat than one. However, this should not be a problem for the Signature model, which features a naturally cooling, latex-like foam that is in the comfort layer. Additionally, it has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that have room for lots of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to be attractive to lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) that makes it an ideal mattress for sex. Also, it’s important to note the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand can pass on savings to the consumer. This means that it possible to make the Signature (and all of the other products by the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that still has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 lb and over), then you need an appropriate mattress that can adequately support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four firmness levels including Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s, the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. These springs are strengthened, resulting in extra-strong edge support, allowing you to spread out to the edge of the bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers mild pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and lots of support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zones of support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, based on the location) to help ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically for back pain.
In addition to it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool to sleep. The cover is breathable and made of eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils provide an abundance of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier to keep their temperature at a minimum through the entire night.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our firmness scale, the Bear is a good choice for those in search of a firm and supportive bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is over which is a lighter layer of flexible transition foam.
There should be plenty of support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also benefit from a shape from a cushion of comfort foam that’s infused by graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, and so does a cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only notable characteristic of Celliant. There are studies that show it can increase blood flow and might help in recovering. This makes the Bear the perfect choice for anyone who is active.
If you’re looking to snuggle up with the Bear, get our most affordable deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require a lot of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned and also get the pressure relief to prevent pain at the lower back. They might find a good combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that uses a tandem of memory foam, poly foam, and pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than the medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top of the bed. At the same time they’ll receive a touch of comfort due to the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam comes with cooling gel in the form of an infusion that prevents it from absorbing heat the way the traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make space for a lot of airflow.
If you end up going for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it may be a good idea to help you with getting it in your home (and possibly setup) when it arrives.
Are you sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper in search of a bed that will keep you cool at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice you’re looking for. This mattress is built with cooling technology that helps draw body heat away from sleeping.
First, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric which draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the skin. It also has the gel memory foam which, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of comfort and cushioning.
One other notable cooling feature: As a brand, GhostBed is well-known for the “Ghost Ice” cover for some of its mattresses. Additionally, it is made from the Phase Change Material, it aids in ensuring that to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only downside is it can be a bit slippery, which is why you may want to use a fitted sheet on your bed that keeps everything neat and secure.
For feel In terms of comfort, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer the back and side sleepers the perfect balance of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples because of its amazing motion absorption and bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If your main concern is staying cool, you’ll love the GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past this Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent alternative. It blends soft top foams with supportive steel coils, which assists in keeping your spine within a neutral alignment and prevents back issues. Actually the support is so robust that it could be an ideal alternative for those who weigh more than 250 pounds.
But it’s not the only option that works with Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel very comfortable sleeping on your side. Your shoulders should sink into your bed and give you some relief from pressure and your hips should are supported.
Hot sleepers will be comfortable with this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer has a lot of room for airflow. The comfort layer is made of what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely breathable and as an added touch, it has a thin coating of cooling gel that is placed on over the top. All of these traits should help you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note the fact that it’s a very responsive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feeling that memory foam provides. If you’re a lover of that quicksand feeling then you might want to look elsewhere.
Are you thinking that you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Shop here for the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils for a mixture of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s a bit soft, scoring a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This is what makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers, who should feel some amazing pressure relief as their hips and shoulders are sunk into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth noting that this section of comfort is comprised of not just only one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of these materials are specifically designed to keep sleepers comfortable, the former being a graphite-infused version of the original Nolah AirFoam found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who like a soft mattress might also like the Nolah as it’s an ideal choice for couples. They’ll not only get that mix of support and comfort that you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Support Coils. At 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which supports the sides of the mattress, as well as the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Is it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you were looking for, you might benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Here are some of my recommendations based on your body type and age, sleeping positions, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points in their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate balance of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line, and usually, that’s in a mattress that is medium-firm. There are some top-quality options in the best mattresses for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive bed that keeps their hips in alignment in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out why this is crucial in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move around on and switch positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a moderate firmness, such as those in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely in coil systems to provide support. They often feature a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for back, stomach and mixed sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coil and foam support and their comfort differs widely. Take a look at the top hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They employ layers of foam to cushion and support the sleeping person. They are the most favored kind of all-foam mattress which provide a great body contouring and pressure relief. Take a look at the top memory foam mattresses to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often made with eco-friendly Dunlop and Talalay Latex Foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncy. Combination sleepers and heavy people are often awed by these beds. Check out the best latex mattresses for more information on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses make use of air to provide support to the sleeper throughout the night! A few of the top adjustable mattresses are advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our roundup of best air mattresses.
Selecting a mattress that helps mitigate pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that could help with several kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing, I’d recommend looking at the top pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to learn more about the best pain management options.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, check out the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the price check out the most comfortable mattresses available for the money.
- If you’re on a tight budget, check out our top mattresses for under 1,000 and the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for an ideal mattress for sleeping cool, I’d recommend opting for an innerspring, Latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote the circulation of air, and this is essential for keeping a low temperature during the night.
- Here are my top breathable beds in our list of best cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 pounds) are likely to have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest these sleepers take a look at the best soft mattresses to ensure they get the pressure relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) need a bed that offers extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are the most important considerations. To find out how to pick the best mattress for your body type, visit our page to find the top mattresses designed for heavy people.
- Kids have rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific requirements for sleep! Learn how to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- For seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide support and mobility, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I suggest looking at our top mattress for older adults to find one that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have specific requirements for sleep, too! Learn more about choosing an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a spouse (or pet! ) It is important to pick one that has low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the top couples’ mattresses for some examples, as well as beds with impressive Edge support and cooling options as well as other features that couples might consider.
- Couples in search of the best mattresses for sex should browse our list of beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For Heavy Weight Side Sleepers FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this, so it’s important to take your budget into account. There are a variety of great mattresses to be found at nearly every price point! Overall, a budget mattress is typically considered one that costs less than $1,000 for a queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress every 7-10 years. However, a mattress can fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a proper foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also extend the life of a mattress several months by putting on a mattress topper.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s essential to take a look at the warranty. It will give you a good idea of how long it should last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back pain?
Most people who struggle with back pain discover that a medium or firm mattress is the best choice for them. This type of bed will aid in keeping your spine straight during the night and can ease many of the pain. To find a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, check out our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the most support. With that in mind, they’re advised to choose mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses listed on this list, the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. For a more expansive range, check out our roundup of the top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are on the opposite side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they generally prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. Many of the mattresses on this list should be ideal for those who sleep on their sides, most notably Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Heavy Weight Side Sleepers