If you’re looking for a new mattress, but aren’t sure what to look for. There are plenty of options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more rumbling around in the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So what’s the best mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress For Heavy Side Sleeper
Remember that the term “best” is a bit subjective. Different people require different things from a bed, so what’s best for one person may not work for another.
That’s why we made sure to keep a broad range of different categories when we made our top choices. Our hope is that most folks should be able to discover not only an “best” mattress and not just the one that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the nitty gritty of each bed we’d like to tell you a little bit about how we came to choose the beds.
Here at Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 products through our bed lab, putting every mattress through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using the seismometer. We then give each bed an overall rating in accordance with the material and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also consider the performance of the brand, such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the top out of them, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Every last mattress in this list has an overall score of 4/5 or above. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which have scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, it’s important to choose a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and top-quality materials that aren’t going to fall apart too fast.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of costly models, but for a more affordable price. With a durable coil-on-coil design, it features an innerspring-like feel that should be suitable to a wide range of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm and Firm) and makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers are likely to be the most comfortable on Luxury and Firm versions while side sleepers should enjoy more of the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers will likely be able to easily change positions on any of the models because of the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. There’s even an HD model made specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another benefit of the Saatva is that its coils provide the mattress with outstanding edge support. It should be possible to sleep or sit close to the edge of your mattress without fearing that it’s going to fall over or cause you to fall off. The only downside to this springy mattress is the fact that it causes an extremely high amount of motion transfer meaning that if you sleep with your partner, you might be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, particularly if one or both of you are an eazy sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining a light on some of the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made of Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have to worry about sleeping near harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become one of the most well-known brands in the mattress market due to its customizable. Customers can take a sleep quiz through the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleeping preferences, as well as other aspects into account so that the brand can recommend the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, a moderately firm mattress that gives a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and supports delicate areas like hips and shoulders, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because that’s the place they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers must also be satisfied with this combination of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. As a hybrid that has a layer of pockets beneath the foams that provide sufficient support to accommodate two persons. Although this can cause the slightest amount of bounce, it’s not enough to disturb either of you. In addition, the firmness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking out Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with more foam layer. Also, you can take a look at other of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re convinced by this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune just to get some quality Zzz’s. As an example it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent bargain with a significant quality of sleep without costing you a fortune.
The current price is less than $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts The memory foam bed is built with 5″ of luxurious Gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of relaxation and body contouring which can be beneficial for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They should also feel some immense pressure relief and soft support around the shoulders and hips.
At the same time the Nectar offers enough support thanks to the high-density foam beneath for those who sleep on their backs, and will appreciate the moderate level of firmness. What’s more is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion throughout the structure which makes it an ideal option for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a mattress that’s super soft you should look into Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra bells and whistles.
Are you happy with this value mattress? You can get a much better deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with a partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples need. It comes in a Soft, Medium and Firm option and most couples will be able to find the right bed for their needs. All models have strong edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and a solid motion isolation, keeping you from being a victim of your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples should consider cooling when shopping for a new mattress, as two bodies give off much more heat to the body than one. But this should not be a problem for the Signature, which has a naturally cooling, latex-like foam in the cushion layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative hybrid design, with springs that allow for a lot of airflow.
Another trait that should attract lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it to latex-like foam) that makes it a good mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company is able to pass savings onto the customer. This makes it possible to make the Signature (and every one of the products from the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, though one that has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds or more) is the case, you’ll need an appropriate mattress that can adequately support you. The WinkBed is available in four different levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally, the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. The strengthened springs result in stronger edge support permitting you to spread until the end in the mattress.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers soft pressure relief thanks to its quilted pillow-top layer and ample firmness thanks to its coil-like support layer. It also provides zoned support (a mixture of soft and more firm foams, based on the area) to ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically on your back.
Outside of the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool-sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed out of sustainable Tencel and the coils provide a ton of airflow. This will help those who sleep more keep a low temperature throughout the night.
Do you think this is the mattress of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our scale of firmness 7/10, the Bear is a good choice for those looking for a firm and supportive bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density support foam at the bottom, topped by a thinner layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s plenty of support for back sleepers, and they’ll also receive a more contouring with the cushion of comfort foam that’s filled by graphite. This makes the mattress cool, and so does a cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only notable aspect of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can increase blood flow, which could help in recovering. The Bear a great fit for anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re eager to curl in the Bear, get our most affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need a lot of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure at their lower back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines an amalgamation of memory foam, poly foam, as well as pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re sitting on top of the mattress. In addition they’ll feel a touch of comfort from the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam is infused with cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat the way traditional memory foam does. And the bed’s coils make space for a lot of airflow.
If you do end up choosing the DreamCloud, know that it’s a hefty mattress, and it could be beneficial to help you with moving it into your home (and possibly setup) after it’s arrived.
Have you bought your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are seeking a bed that will to cool down during the night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress for you. The mattress has cooling technology that draws your body’s warmth away from sleeping.
In the beginning, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special fabric that absorbs heat from the sleeping person and feels cool to the skin. It also has the gel memory foam, which as well as being cooling, offers lots of comfort and cushioning.
One other notable cooling feature: As a brand, GhostBed is famous by its “Ghost Ice” cover on the majority of its mattresses. Additionally, it is made from the Phase Change Material, it assists in helping to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only downside is it could be slippery, which is why you may prefer an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep it neat and secure.
In terms of comfort in terms of feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give those who sleep on their sides and backs an ideal balance of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples because of its amazing motion absorption and the bounce (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your main concern is staying cool, you’ll love GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who has had issues with back discomfort in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent option. It combines soft top foams with sturdy steel coils that aids in keeping your spine in a neutral alignment and avoids back problems. Actually, the support is so sturdy that it might also be an ideal alternative for those who weigh more than 250 pounds.
However, it’s not the only option that works with this Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel very comfortable lying on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the bed and allow you to get some relief from pressure while your hips still feel comfortable and supported.
Hot sleepers will feel comfortable on this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design provides plenty of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made with what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely breathable, and as an added touch, it has a thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on the top. All of these traits should help to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out that this is a responsive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling like memory foam. If you’re fond of the feeling of a quicksand it might be a good idea to consider a different bed.
Are you thinking that you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Check out the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils for a mixture of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s on the soft side with a score of 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context, the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This is what makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who can expect to feel fantastic pressure relief as their hips and shoulders are sunk into the comfort layer.
It’s worth pointing out that this section of comfort is made of not two, but one layer of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of them are specifically designed to keep sleepers comfortable, the second being a graphite-infused variant from the first Nolah AirFoam that is found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer mattresses that are soft might appreciate the Nolah, plus it’s also an ideal choice for couples. Not only will they experience the mix of support and comfort that we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Support Coils. With a height of 8′ they are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which is used to support both sides of the bed, and also the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you liked then you could benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Here are some of my recommendations based on your body type, age, sleep position, and managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. We have compiled a list of the best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good combination of support and pressure relief to keep their spines in a straight line, and usually, that’s in a medium-firm mattress. You can find high-end options in the top mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm bed that keeps their hips in alignment to their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s crucial in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move about and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to the ones in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based upon coils to support. They often are firm and bouncy in feel, and are suitable for back, stomach, and combo sleepers. You can check out our best innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coil and foam support, and their feel differs widely. Find the top hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They employ layers of foam to provide cushioning and support to the sleeper. They are the most favored kind of all-foam mattress which offer a lot of body-contouring and pressure relief. Check out the best mattress made of memory foam to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically made with eco-friendly Dunlop and Talalay latex. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy often like these mattresses. Look over the best latex mattresses for more information on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses use air to provide support to the sleeper overnight! A few of the most comfortable adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our roundup of best air mattresses.
Selecting a mattress that reduces pain is particularly important for sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that could help with several kinds of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest you look at the best pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and best mattresses for sciatica articles to know more about pain management solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, check out the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re interested in finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the cost consider looking at the best mattresses for the price.
- If you’re on a tight budget, check out our top mattresses that cost less than $1000 as well as the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of a mattress that sleeps cool I suggest a latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage the circulation of air, and this is essential to keep the temperature low in the night.
- My top mattresses that breathe in our list of best mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lb) are likely to discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d suggest for these sleepers to take a review of the best soft mattresses to ensure that they receive the relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) require a mattress that provides extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are usually important concerns. To find out how to pick a mattress that suits your body go to our site to find the best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific requirements for sleep! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our best mattresses for kids.
- The elderly (over 65) generally prefer more traditional mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet are still gentle on sensitive joints. I would suggest taking a look at our best mattresses for older people to discover a feeling that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have their own requirements for sleep, too! Find out more about selecting the right mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a companion (or pet! ) it is essential to pick one that has low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the best mattresses for couples for some examples, as well as beds that have impressive edge support, cooling features and other requirements that couples may be thinking about.
- Similarly, couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy can check out our guide for mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Mattress For Heavy Side Sleeper FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this but it’s essential to take your budget into account. There are a variety of great mattresses at all price points! Overall, a budget mattress is generally considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress each 7-10 years. However, a mattress may be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a good foundation or treat it roughly. You can also extend the life of an old mattress for some time by adding a mattress topper.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s important to take a look at its warranty, which will also provide you with a good idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back pain?
Most people who struggle with back pain discover that a medium or firm mattress is ideal for those with back pain. The type of mattress you choose will aid in keeping your spine straight overnight, which can help alleviate many of the pain. If you are looking for a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, take a look at our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the most support. In this regard, they’re better off using mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses listed on this list, those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. To get a larger range, check out our roundup of the top sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the best mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are at the opposite side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they generally prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. Many of the mattresses on this list should be a great match for side sleepers, most notably the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Heavy Side Sleeper