If you’re looking of a mattress, but don’t know where to begin. There are many options available at brick and mortar establishments, but there are hundreds of others circulating in the world of digital bed-in-a-box brands. What’s the most suitable mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress For Heavy Side Sleeper Uk
Remember that the term “best” is a bit subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics from a bed, so what works for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
That’s why we kept a wide range of subjects in our mind while making our top picks. Our goal is that all users will be able get not only”the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the in-depth details of each bed, we’d like to share a little bit about the method we used to choose the beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattress models through our bed lab. We’ve put each one through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using a seismometer. From there, we give every bed an overall score according to the materials used as well as comfort, support cooling, and edge support. We also factor in the performance of the brand, like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the best out of them, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into account. Each mattress on this list has an overall score of 4 or above. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which have scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, it’s important to look for a bed that can tick all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support, cushioning pressure relief, and top-quality materials that aren’t going to fall apart too fast.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of the more costly models, but at lower costs. With a durable coil-on-coil design, it features a traditional innerspring feeling that is a good fit for a variety of sleepers. It also comes in three different firmness levels (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm) that increases its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers will be most comfortable on Luxury and Firm versions, while those who sleep on their sides should prefer using the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination will likely be able to switch positions on any model, due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. It even has an HD model specially designed for heavier sleepers.
Another advantage of the Saatva is that its coils give the bed outstanding edge support. You’ll be able to sleep or sit close to the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s going to fall over or cause you to fall off. The only issue with its springy nature is that it results in fairly high motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with a partner, you may feel each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either (or both) is the type of sleeper who is light.
Finally, it’s worth shining a light on some of the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made of Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have to worry about sleeping in a room with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be among the top recognizable names in the mattress industry due to its customizable. Customers can take a sleep quiz on the Helix website, which takes the body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration so that the company can suggest the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper most likely, you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, which is a moderately firm mattress that gives a hug-like feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and cradles sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders. This is vital for people who sleep on their side since this is where they place the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be satisfied with this combination of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Because it’s a hybrid mattress, there’s a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams that provide adequate support for 2 people. This also causes some bounce, it’s not enough to disturb the other person or you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, you should check for Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes extra foam layers. It’s also possible to take a look at other of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune to get a good night’s Zzz’s. As an example, it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent value buy that packs a powerful quality of sleep without spending a lot of money.
The current price is less than $1,000 for a Queen after discounts The memory foam bed is built of 5″ of luxurious mattress made of gel. This gives you plenty of comfort and a deep body contour that can work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They will also feel extreme pressure relief as well as soft support around the hips and shoulders.
At the same time, the Nectar offers enough support thanks to its foam with high density below for those who sleep on their backs, and will appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. Additionally, the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion throughout the structure which makes it an ideal option for couples. If anyone is in search for a bed that is super soft and would like to know more about Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra bells and whistles.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Get an even cheaper deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with your partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples need. It comes in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm option which means that most couples will be in a position to find a bed that works for their preferences. All of the options have strong edges (which make the bed feel larger) and solid motion-isolation, preventing you from being a victim of your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples should be aware of cooling when shopping for the best mattress for them, since two bodies produce greater body temperature than one. This isn’t a problem with the Signature mattress, which is made of the naturally cooling similar to latex in the comfort layer. It also has a hybrid design with springs that allow for a lot of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to be attractive to lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam), which makes it an ideal mattress for sex. Also, it’s important to note it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand can pass on savings to the consumer. This means that it possible to make the Signature (and every one of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, but one that has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds or more) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that’s going to provide enough support. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four firmness levels: Softer, Luxury Firm, Firmer, and finally the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. The strengthened springs result in a stronger edge support, which allows you to spread all the way to the edge of the bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides soft pressure relief thanks to its pillow-top quilted layer as well as lots of support from its coil-like support layer. The mattress also offers zones of support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, depending on the region) to ease discomfort and pain, particularly in your back.
Apart from this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool to sleep. There’s a breathable cover made out of sustainable Tencel and the coils provide plenty of airflow. This will help those who sleep more keep a low temperature all night long.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our scale of firmness it is a Bear should appeal to folks in search of a firm and supportive mattress. This comes from a thick layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is followed by a thin layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be more than enough support here for back sleepers, and they’ll also benefit from a more contouring with a cushion of comfort foam coated with graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, and so does a covering made of breathable, light material known as Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noteworthy aspect of Celliant. There are studies that show it also promotes blood flow, which could help in recovering. This makes the Bear a great fit for anyone who is active.
If you’re ready to curl up on Bear Bear, get our top bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need lots of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned and also get the pressure relief to prevent pain at low back. They could find a great combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress made up of an amalgamation of memory foam, poly foam, with pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top mattress. While at the same time, they’ll get a little bit of a hug by the foam memory.
Speaking of which, the memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel, keeping it from trapping heat as traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you do end up going for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s quite a heavy mattress, and it could be beneficial to help you with moving it into your home (and perhaps setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot looking for a mattress that can help keep you cool at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice that is right for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology that draws your body’s warmth away from the sleeper.
The first is an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special fabric that absorbs heat from the sleeper and feels cool to the touch. It also has an underlying layer of gel memory foam that, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of comfort and relief from pain.
One other notable cooling feature is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is well-known for their “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on the majority their mattresses. Also made with the Phase Change Material which helps the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. Its only disadvantage is that it can be a bit slippery, which is why you may prefer a fitted sheet on your bed to keep everything comfortable and cozy.
In terms of comfort in terms of feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide the back and side sleepers an ideal combination of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples due to its amazing motion absorption and bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If your main concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with the GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great alternative. It blends soft top foams with sturdy steel coils that aids in keeping the spine neutral position and helps prevent back pain. In fact, the support is so sturdy that it might also be a good option for people who sleep heavily over 250 pounds.
However, it’s not the only option that works with the Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be very at ease sleeping on your back. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into your bed and let you enjoy some refreshing pressure relief and your hips should feel supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will be comfortable on this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design offers plenty of space for airflow, and the comfort layer is made of what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely breathable and, as an additional bonus, it comes with a thin layer of cooling gel up the top. These features should help the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting it’s a very responsive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling that memory foam provides. If you’re a lover of the feeling of a quicksand it might be a good idea to consider a different bed.
Think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Shop here for our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils that provide an optimum blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say that it’s a bit soft, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This is what makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who can expect to feel amazing pressure relief as their hips and shoulders are sunk into the cushion of comfort.
It’s important to note that this section of comfort is made of not one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both are designed to keep the sleeper comfortable, the latter being a graphite-infused variant of the original Nolah AirFoam found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who like a soft mattress might also enjoy the Nolah as it’s a comfortable option for couples. Not only will they experience the mix of comfort and support we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Support Coils. With a height of 8′, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which supports the sides of the bed, and also the middle. That means Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are you sure that you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you liked it, you may want to consider one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Below are a few of my suggestions based upon your body type, age, sleep positions, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion pressure points at their shoulders and hips. Check out our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good balance of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and they’ll typically find that in a medium-firm mattress. There are some top-quality alternatives in the top mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm bed that keeps their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Find out why this is crucial in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are simple to move about and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a cushioned mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to those in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely upon coils to support. They often are firm and bouncy in feel that is ideal for back, stomach and mixed sleepers. You can check out our top innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coil and foam support, and their feel differs widely. Check out the most popular hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They use layers of foam to both cushion and help the sleeping person. Memory foam mattresses are a favored type of all-foam mattress , which offers a wide range of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Look over the most comfortable memory foam mattress to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often made with eco-friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. Heavy people and sleepers in combination are often awed by these mattresses. Check out the best latex mattresses to learn more about this natural material.
- Air mattresses utilize air to help sleepers throughout the night! A few of the top adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our roundup of best air mattresses.
Selecting a mattress that helps mitigate pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses which can ease different kinds of pain. Based on your needs, I’d recommend looking at the most suitable pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the best sciatica mattresses articles to learn more about the best pain management options.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, check out the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the cost consider looking at the best mattresses for the money.
- If you’re on a tight budget, take a look at our top mattresses that cost less than $1,000 and the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of mattresses that are cool to sleep on I suggest an innerspring, mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase the circulation of air, and this is essential for keeping a low temperature in the night.
- You can see my favorite mattresses that breathe in our roundup of top cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 pounds) typically find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that those who sleep light to review of the most comfortable mattresses to ensure they get the pressure relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over lb) require a mattress with additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. To learn how to choose a mattress that suits your body check out our website for top mattresses designed for heavy people.
- Kids have rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific requirements for sleep! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- Seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional mattresses that offer support and mobility, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattress for seniors to find one that works for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have their own requirements for sleep, too! Learn more about choosing an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you share a bed with a partner (or pet! ) It is important to select one that has low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the top couples’ mattresses to get some ideas including beds that have impressive edges, cool features as well as other features that couples might be thinking about.
- Similarly, couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy can check out our guide for mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Mattress For Heavy Side Sleeper Uk FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here, so it’s important to take your own budget into account. There are a variety of great mattresses in every price range! A budget mattress is generally considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your old mattress every 7-10 years. But, mattresses can fall over prematurely if it isn’t put it on a suitable foundation or care for it in a rough way. It is also possible to extend the life of a mattress several months by adding the mattress topper.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s important to check the warranty. It can also give you a good idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back stiffness?
Many people suffering from back pain will find that a medium or firm mattress is the best choice for them. This type of bed will help you keep your spine straight throughout the night and can ease some of the discomfort. If you’re looking for a mattress which can help with your specific back pain, look through our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the most support. In this regard, they’re best off with mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses in this list it’s they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. To get a larger selection, they can always look through our list of the best sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the best mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers fall on the other end of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they tend to prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. Many of the mattresses listed here should be an ideal fit for sleepers who prefer side sleeping particularly those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Heavy Side Sleeper Uk