You’re looking to buy a brand new bed but don’t know what to look for. There are plenty of options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more swirling within the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So , what’s the ideal bed for you in 2022? Top Mattress For Heavy People
Well, keep in mind that the term “best” is a bit subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features from their bed, so what’s best for one person will not work for another.
We made sure to keep a broad range of subjects in our mind while making our top choices. Our hope is that most users will be able get not only”the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the in-depth details of each bed we’d like to tell you a little bit about how we came to select them.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models in our mattress lab. We’ve put every mattress through tests, including pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using seismometer. Then, we assign every bed an overall score based on materials, comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also consider quality of the mattress with categories like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the best out of them, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress listed here has an overall score of 4/5 or higher. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which were awarded an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you must find a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support as well as pressure relief that cushions and top-quality mattress materials that don’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of the more costly models, but for lower costs. With a durable coil-on-coil construction, it has the traditional innerspring feel , which is a good fit for all types of sleepers. It’s also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) and makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers should be the most comfortable with the Luxury as well as the Firm model while side sleepers should enjoy more of the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper will likely be able to shift positions with any of the models because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model made specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva is that its coils provide the mattress with an exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to sit on or sleep close to the edge of your mattress and not feel like it’s about to fall down or cause you to fall off. The only downside to the Saatva’s springiness is that it causes an extremely high amount of motion transfer which means that if you sleep with a partner, you may feel each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either (or both) is a light sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining a light on some of the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made from natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need the worry of sleeping with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be one of the most recognizable names in the mattress game because of its customization. Customers can take a test on their sleep via the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleeping preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration so that the brand can recommend the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, a moderately firm mattress that gives a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and supports sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders. This is vital for people who sleep on their side since this is where they place the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be satisfied with this combination of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Because it’s a hybrid mattress, there’s a layer of pocketed coils below the foams, providing sufficient support to accommodate two people. Although this can cause some bounce, it’s not enough to disturb the other person or you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who needs a little more pressure-relief, you should check for Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with extra foam layers. You can also take a look at other of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re sold on the Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean that you have to spend a fortune to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For instance, the Nectar mattress is an excellent bargain with a significant comfort punch without costing you a fortune.
The current price is less than $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts The memory foam bed is built with 5″ of luxurious gel memory foam. This allows for ample relaxation and body contouring which can be beneficial for sleepers who are side-sleeping. You should also feel immense pressure relief and cushions at the hips and shoulders.
At the same time, the Nectar offers enough support thanks to its high-density foam below for those who sleep on their backs, and will appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. The best part is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion across the entire structure and makes it a fantastic pick for couples. And if anyone’s in search for a bed that is super soft and would like to know more about Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional alarms.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Find a better deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with a partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It is available in a Medium, Soft and Firm version, so most couples should be capable of finding the bed that is right for their preferences. Each of them has sturdy edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and solid motion isolation, keeping your partner from feeling every twist and turn.
Couples should take cooling into consideration when choosing the best mattress for them, since two bodies emit much more heat to the body than one. This should not be a problem for the Signature model, which features a naturally cooling, latex-like foam in its comfort layer. It also has a hybrid design with springs that have room for plenty of airflow.
Another feature that will be attractive to lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam) that makes it a good mattress for sexual sex. It’s also worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand is able to pass savings onto the customer. This is what makes the Signature (and every one of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples — albeit one that has an excellent, premium feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds and above), then you need an appropriate mattress that can adequately support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four different levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm firmer, Luxury Firm, and then, the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils designed for heavier folks. These springs are strengthened, resulting in stronger edge support which allows you to spread all the way to the very end of the bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides gentle pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and ample firmness from its coil-like support layer. The mattress also offers zones of support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, depending on the region) to ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically for back pain.
Outside of the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed out of sustainable Tencel and the coils provide a ton of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers to keep their temperature at a minimum through the entire night.
Does this sound like the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our scale of firmness it is a Bear should appeal to folks who are looking for a comfortable and comfortable bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam in the middle, followed by a thin layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be more than enough support here for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also get a little bit of contouring from a comfort layer of memory foam that’s filled by graphite. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does the cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only notable aspect of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can increase blood flow, which could help in recovering. The Bear an ideal choice for athletes or anyone who is active.
If you’re eager to curl up with your Bear, get our top deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require a lot of support to ensure their spines are aligned while also getting requisite pressure relief to prevent pain in the lower back. They could find a great combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines an amalgamation of memory foam, poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud slightly firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top bed. At the same time they’ll receive a squeeze due to the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel which prevents it from storing heat the way traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils allow room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you end up choosing the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it may be beneficial to assist you in the move into your home (and possibly setup) when it arrives.
Sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are in search of a bed that can help keep you cool at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress that is right for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology to draw the body’s heat from sleepers.
In the beginning, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric which draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the touch. It also has the gel memory foam, which is, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of cushioning and pain relief.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy: As a brand, GhostBed is well-known for their “Ghost Ice” cover for many their mattresses. Additionally, it is made from a phase change material that helps with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. Its only disadvantage is that it is a little slippery, so you may need to put an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep everything nice and snug.
In terms of feel In terms of comfort, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide those who sleep on their sides and backs the perfect combination of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples because of its excellent motion absorption as well as bounciness (a plus for sex).
If your primary concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great option. It combines soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which assists in keeping your spine within a balanced position and helps prevent back pain. Actually, the support is so solid that it can be a good option for heavy sleepers over 250 pounds.
But it’s not the only suitable position to sleep in this Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be comfortable lying on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into your bed and let you enjoy some relief from the pressure, while your hips are supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel comfortable in the Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design provides plenty of room for airflow. The comfort layer is made with what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely airy, and as an added feature, it features a thin coating of cooling gel that is placed on over the top. These features should help the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out it’s a receptive bed and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel like memory foam. If you’re a lover of that quicksand feeling, you may want to look elsewhere.
Are you thinking that you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Find us here to get our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils that provide a mixture of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s on the soft side, scoring a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who will feel amazing pressure relief as their shoulders and hips are sunk into the comfort layer.
It’s worth pointing out that this section of comfort is made of not two, but one layer of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of these materials are made to keep the user comfortable, the second being a graphite-infused version of the original Nolah AirFoam used in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer an extra soft mattress may appreciate the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfy choice for couples. They’ll not only get that mix of comfort and support we talked about, they’ll also be able stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Support Coils. at 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that holds up the sides of the bed and also the middle. That means Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Is you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress you wanted above it, you may want to consider one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my recommendations based on the type of body as well as age, sleep positions, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. Take a look at our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate combination of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and they’ll typically find that in a mattress that is medium-firm. You can find high-end options in the top mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that keeps their hips aligned in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out more about why this is crucial in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are simple to move around and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a moderate firmness, such as the ones we have in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based upon coils to support. They often are firm and bouncy in feel and work well for back, stomach, and combination sleepers. You can check out our top innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coils and foam and their comfort differs widely. Take a look at the top hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They employ layers of foam to provide cushioning and support to the sleeping person. Memory foam mattresses are a well-known type of all-foam mattress that provide a great body contouring and pressure relief. Check out the best memory foam mattresses to know more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed from green Dunlop or Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. Combination sleepers and heavy people typically like these mattresses. Look over the best latex mattresses for more information on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to support the sleeper overnight! A few of the best adjustable mattresses are advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our review of the best air mattresses.
Choosing a sleep surface that can help ease pain is particularly important for sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses which can ease different kinds of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest looking into the best mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to know more about pain relief solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, take a look at the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the price check out the best mattresses for the cost.
- If you’re on a strict budget, see our best mattresses under $1,000 or the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for an ideal mattress for sleeping cool, I’d recommend opting for one of the following: latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage ventilation, which can be essential for keeping a low temperature in the night.
- Here are my top mattresses that breathe in our list of top mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lb) are likely to find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest for these sleepers to take a look at the best soft mattresses to ensure they have the pressure relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) need a bed that provides an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. To learn how to choose the right mattress that is suitable for your body, visit our page to find the the best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Children are rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific requirements for sleep! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- The elderly (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide mobility and support, but they are also gentle on joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattress for seniors to find a feel that works for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have specific sleeping needs as well! Learn more about how to choose the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you share a bed with a partner (or pet! ) it is essential to pick a mattress that features low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses for a few examples including beds that have impressive edge support, cooling features and other requirements that couples could be thinking about.
- Also, couples looking for of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy are able to look through our guide to beds that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Mattress For Heavy People FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this but it’s essential to take your own budget into account. Thankfully, there are great mattresses in every price range! A budget mattress is usually considered to be one priced under $1000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress may sag prematurely if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also prolong the life of a mattress that is old for a few months by adding an mattress protector.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s important to look over its warranty. This will give you an idea of the length it’s expected to last.
What is the best mattress for back pain?
Many people suffering from back pain discover that a firm or medium-firm mattress is best for their back. This kind of bed can aid in keeping your spine straight during the night, which can help alleviate many of the pain. To find a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, check out our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. This is why they’re best off with a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses listed on this list it’s those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. If they want a wider selection, they can always look through our list of the most comfortable mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are on the other side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they usually prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. The majority of mattresses listed here should be an ideal fit for sleepers who prefer side sleeping, most notably Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Heavy People