If you’re looking for a new mattress, but don’t know what to look for. There are many options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds of others circulating in the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. What’s the most suitable bed for you in 2022? Top Mattress For Heavy Hot Sleepers
Keep in mind that the word “best” is somewhat subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features of a mattress, and what is effective for one individual might not be suitable for someone else.
This is why we made sure to keep a broad range of categories in mind when presenting our top picks. We hope that the majority of folks should be able to get not only the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the details of each bed we’d like to tell you a little bit about how we came to select them.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 products in our mattress lab, running each one through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer with the seismometer. We then give each mattress an overall score based on materials and comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also factor in the performance of the brand, like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent of the best, we really took each bed’s overall score into account. Every mattress in this list is rated 4 out of 5 or higher. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which have scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, it’s important to choose a mattress that checks all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support, cushioning pressure relief, and quality materials that won’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of costly models, but at lower costs. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil structure, it offers a traditional innerspring feeling that is an ideal fit for all types of sleepers. It also comes with three different levels of firmness (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm and Firm), which makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Back and stomach sleepers should be most comfortable on Luxury as well as the Firm model. While side sleepers will appreciate more of the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper will likely be able to quickly switch positions on any of the models thanks to the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. The Saatva has even got an HD model made specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is that its coils offer the mattress an exceptional edge support. It should be possible to lie down or sit near the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s going to fall over or cause you to slide off. The only drawback to the Saatva’s springiness is that it results in quite a lot of motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with an individual, you could sense each other’s movements at night, particularly if one (or both) is a light sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made of natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have the worry of sleeping near dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become among the top well-known names in the mattress industry because of its customization. Customers can take a test on their sleep via the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into consideration , so that the company can suggest the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper is likely to be pointed toward the Helix Midnight — an average-firm mattress that provides an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and supports sensitive areas like the shoulders and hips, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because it’s where they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be satisfied with this combination of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Because it’s a hybrid mattress with a mattress, it has pocketed coils below the foams, providing sufficient support to accommodate two persons. While this also results in a tiny bit of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to cause any major disturbance to the other person or you. In addition, the firmness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, you should check for Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes more foam layer. It’s also possible to check out more of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it — mattresses aren’t cheap. However, that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. For instance, it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent value buy with a significant comfort punch without spending a lot of money.
At present, it is priced under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts The memory foam bed is constructed of 5″ of luxurious mattress made of gel. This allows for ample comfort and a deep body contour that can work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They will also feel extreme pressure relief as well as soft support around the shoulders and hips.
However the Nectar provides enough support with its high-density foam below for back sleepers, who will appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. Additionally, the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion throughout the structure and makes it a fantastic pick for couples. If anyone is in search of a super-soft bed you should look into Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, with additional alarms.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Find a more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with a partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples need. It is available in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm version and most couples will be capable of finding the right bed for them. Each of them has solid edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and a solid motion isolation, keeping you from being a victim of your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples should also take cooling into consideration when looking for a new mattress, as two bodies emit much more heat to the body than one. But this should not be a problem for the Signature, which has a naturally cooling, latex-like foam in its comfort layer. It also has an innovative design that incorporates springs that allow for a lot of airflow.
Another trait that should appeal to lovebirds is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam), which makes it an ideal mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand can pass on savings onto the customer. This means that it possible to make the Signature (and all of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, though one that’s still an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds or more) and you’re looking for an appropriate mattress that can provide enough support. The WinkBed is available in four firmness levels that include Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus. The Plus is made of reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. The strengthened springs result in stronger edge support which allows you to spread all the way to the very end of the bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some soft pressure relief thanks to its pillow-top quilted layer as well as lots of support thanks to its coil-like support layer. It also comes with zoned support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, depending on the region) to help ease aches and pains, especially on your back.
In addition to it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool sleeping. The cover is breathable and made from eco-friendly Tencel and the coils allow for a ton of airflow. This will help those who sleep more to keep their temperature at a minimum throughout the night.
Do you think this is the mattress of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our scale of firmness it is a Bear should appeal to folks looking for a firm and supportive mattress. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam at the bottom, over which is a lighter layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s plenty of support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also receive a shape from the comfortable layer of memory foam coated by graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, and so does a covering made of breathable, light material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noticeable feature of Celliant. Some studies show that it can increase blood flow and could aid with recovery. It makes Bear the perfect choice for anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re ready to curl up on Bear Bear, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need lots of support to ensure their spines are aligned and also get the relief from pressure at low back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses a tandem consisting of poly foam with pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud slightly firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re sitting on top of the mattress. At the same time they’ll receive a touch of comfort by the foam memory.
In addition, the memory foam comes with cooling gel in the form of an infusion that prevents it from absorbing heat like traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make space for a lot of airflow.
If you end up opting for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a hefty mattress, and it could be a good idea to help you with the move into your house (and maybe even setting it up) once it arrives.
Sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper in search of a bed that can help cool you down at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice you’re looking for. The mattress has cooling technology that draws body heat away from sleepers.
The first is an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special fabric which draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the touch. It also comes with a layer of gel memory foam which, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of cushioning and pain relief.
One other notable cooling feature: As a brand, GhostBed is famous by the “Ghost Ice” cover on some mattress models. It is also made of the Phase Change Material that aids in ensuring that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only drawback is that it can be a bit slippery, and you might need to put an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep it comfortable and cozy.
For feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give side sleepers and back sleepers a balance of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its amazing motion absorption and the bounce (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your main concern is staying cool, you’ll love the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great alternative. It combines soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat assists in keeping your spine in a balanced position and helps prevent back pain. Actually the support is sturdy that it might also be a good alternative for those who weigh more than 250 lb.
However, it’s not the only position that is suitable to sleep in the Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel at ease sleeping on your back. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into your bed and let you enjoy some relief from the pressure, while your hips feel supported.
Hot sleepers will feel right at home with the Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design has a lot of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from something called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely breathable and as an added touch, it has an extremely thin layer of cooling gel on the top. These features should aid in keeping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out it’s a responsive mattress and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel of memory foam. If you’re a lover of the feeling of a quicksand it might be a good idea to look elsewhere.
You think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Check out the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils to provide an optimum blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the soft side and scored a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context, the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who can expect to feel amazing pressure relief as their shoulders and hips slide into the comfort layer.
It’s worth noting that this comfort section is comprised of not just one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of them are specifically designed to keep sleepers comfortable, the second being a graphite-infused variation from the first Nolah AirFoam used in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer a soft mattress might also enjoy the Nolah as it’s a comfortable option for couples. It’s not just that they’ll feel that mixture of comfort and support we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Coils. At 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which holds up the sides of the bed, and also the middle. This means that you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Is it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you liked then you could benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Here are some of my suggestions based upon the type of body as well as age, sleep position, and the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points in their hips and shoulders. Check out our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal combination of support and pressure relief to keep their spines in a straight line, and usually, that’s in a mattress that is medium-firm. They can find some high-quality options in the top mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that will keep their hips aligned with their shoulders. Find out more about why this is crucial in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are simple to move about and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a a medium-firm feel, like those in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely in coil systems to provide support. They often feature a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for stomach, back, and combination sleepers. You can check out our best innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of foam and coil support, and their feel is different. Check out the top hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They employ layers of foam to both cushion and support the sleeping person. Memory foam mattresses are a well-known type of all-foam mattress , which provide a great body contouring as well as pressure relieving. Check out the most comfortable memory foam mattresses to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed using eco-friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay Latex Foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. Combination sleepers and heavy people often like these mattresses. Take a look at the best latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses make use of air to support the sleeper overnight! Some of the most comfortable adjustable beds are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Learn more in our review of the top air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that helps mitigate pain is especially important sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that could help with several kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest looking into the most suitable mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to know more about pain relief solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, check out the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re interested in finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the cost check out the top mattresses for your cost.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, see our best mattresses under $1,000 or the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for mattresses that are cool to sleep on I suggest one of the following: mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage ventilation, which can be important for keeping a low temperature in the night.
- Here are my top mattresses that breathe in our roundup of the most comfortable mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 pounds) typically have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest for these sleepers to take a glance at top soft mattresses to make sure they get the pressure relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 1 lb) require a mattress with additional support to avoid premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. To find out how to pick a mattress that suits your body, visit our page for top mattresses designed for people who are heavy..
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique sleep needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- Seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide mobility and support, but they are also gentle on joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattress for older people to find a feel that works for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have unique sleep needs, too! Learn more about how to choose a comfortable mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you share a bed with a spouse (or pet! ), it’s important to select an option that is low in motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the best mattresses for couples for some examples and mattresses that offer exceptional edges, cool features and other requirements that couples may be thinking about.
- Couples in search of the best mattresses for sex can look through our guide to mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For Heavy Hot Sleepers FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this but it’s essential to take your personal budget into account. There are a variety of great mattresses available at all price points! Overall, a budget mattress is usually considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your old mattress at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress can fall over prematurely if it isn’t put it on a suitable foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also extend the lifespan of a mattress some time by adding the mattress protector.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, you need to look over its warranty. This will give you an idea of the length it’s expected to last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back pain?
Most people who struggle with back pain will find that a medium or firm mattress is the best choice for their back. The type of mattress you choose will aid in keeping your spine straight overnight as well as help ease many of the discomfort. If you’re looking for a mattress which will help you with your particular back pain, look through our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the most support. In this regard, they’re better off using mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses in this list it’s the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. If they want a wider selection, they can always go through our selection of the best mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers fall on the other side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they usually prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. A majority of the mattresses listed here should be ideal for those who sleep on their sides especially Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Heavy Hot Sleepers