You’re looking for a new mattress, but don’t know where to begin. Not only are there choices to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more rumbling around in the world of online bed-in-a box brands. So what’s the best mattress for 2022? Top Mattress For Heavy Back Sleepers
Well, keep in mind that the term “best” is a bit subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics from a bed, so what’s best for one person will not work for another.
We have a variety of categories in mind when making our top choices. We hope that the majority of people will be able to find not just an “best” mattress however, but one that is the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the nitty gritty of each bed we’d like to tell you an overview of how we came to select the beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models through our bed lab, running every mattress through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using a seismometer. Then, we assign each bed an overall rating in accordance with the material, comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also take into account the performance of the brand, like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent of the best, we really considered each bed’s overall score into account. Each mattress in this list has an overall score of 4 out of 5 or higher. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which were awarded an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, it’s important to find a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support, cushioning pressure relief, and quality mattress materials that don’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of costly models, but for lower costs. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil construction, it has an innerspring-like feel , which is an ideal fit for a variety of sleepers. It’s also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm) and further widens its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers should be most comfortable on Luxury or Firm models while side sleepers should enjoy using the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper, they’ll likely be able to quickly switch positions on any model, due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model specially designed for sleepers who are heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva is that its coils give the bed exceptional edge support. You should be able to lie down or sit close to the edge of your mattress without feeling like it’s going to collapse or make you fall over. The only drawback to this springy mattress is the fact that it results in quite a lot of motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with a partner, you may be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, particularly if one or both of you are a light sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made from Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have the worry of sleeping near harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now one of the most recognizable brands in the mattress market due to its flexibility. Customers can take a test on their sleep via the Helix website that takes their body type, sleeping preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration so that the company can suggest the ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side most likely, you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight — an average-firm mattress that provides the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and cradles delicate areas like shoulders and hips, which is vital for people who sleep on their side because that’s the place they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should be satisfied with this combination of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. As a hybrid with a mattress, it has pocketed coils below the foams that provide adequate support for 2 people. While this also results in some bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to cause any major disturbance to the other person or you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking for Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with additional foam layers. It’s also possible to look at our other top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune just to get some quality Zzz’s. As an example, the Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress that packs a powerful relaxation punch, without breaking the bank.
Currently priced at under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts, this memory foam bed is constructed by using 5″ of plush mattress made of gel. This provides ample sinkage and deep body-contouring that could work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. You should also feel extreme pressure relief as well as soft support around the shoulders and hips.
At the same time, the Nectar has enough support in its high-density foam below for those who sleep on their backs, and are likely to appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. Additionally, the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion throughout the mattress, making it a great option for couples. If anyone is in search of a super-soft bed and would like to know more about this brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional bells and whistles.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Find a better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with a partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples want. It is available in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm version, so most couples should be in a position to find a bed that works for their needs. All models have solid edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and solid motion isolation, keeping you from feeling your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples should take cooling into consideration when choosing a new mattress, as two bodies produce more body heat than one. However, this isn’t a problem with the Signature model, which features the naturally cooling latex-like foam that is in its comfort layer. It also has an innovative design that incorporates springs that have room for lots of airflow.
Another feature that will appeal to lovebirds are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam) and makes it a good mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company is able to pass savings to the consumer. This means that it possible to make the Signature (and any of the brand’s products) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that’s still a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds and above), then you need a mattress that’s going to provide enough support. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four different levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally, the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils that are designed to support heavier people. These strengthened springs also result in extra-strong edge support, permitting you to spread to the end to the edge of your bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers soft pressure relief thanks to the quilted top layer of its pillow and ample firmness from its coil-like support layer. The mattress also offers zoned support (a combination of soft and more firm foams, based on the region) to help ease discomfort and pain, particularly for back pain.
Outside of it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool to sleep. It has a breathable cover constructed of eco-friendly Tencel and the coils permit plenty of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers keep a low temperature through the entire night.
Does this sound like the bed of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear is a good choice for those in search of a firm and comfortable bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam on the bottom. It is followed by a thin layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s sufficient support for back sleepers. they’ll also receive a bit of contouring from the comfortable layer of memory foam filled with graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material called Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noteworthy aspect of Celliant. There are studies that show it also promotes blood flow, which could help with recovery. The Bear the perfect choice for those who is active.
If you’re eager to curl in your Bear, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require lots of support to keep their spines aligned and also get the pressure relief to prevent pain at low back. They might find a good combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines the combination of memory foam, poly foam with pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud slightly firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top bed. In addition they’ll receive a squeeze by the foam memory.
In addition, the memory foam comes with cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat the way traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils create room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you do end up opting for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a very heavy mattress, and it could be a good idea to help you with moving it into your house (and maybe even setting it up) when it arrives.
Have you bought you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are in search of a bed that can help cool you down at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice you’re looking for. This mattress is built with cooling technology that draws your body’s warmth away from the sleeper.
The first is an injection of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that absorbs heat from the sleeping person and feels cool to the feel. It also has a layer of gel memory foam that, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of comfort and cushioning.
One other notable cooling feature: As a brand, GhostBed is famous by their “Ghost Ice” cover for many mattress models. Also made with the Phase Change Material that assists in helping to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. Its only disadvantage is that it is a little slippery, and you might prefer an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep everything neat and secure.
In terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide those who sleep on their sides and backs an ideal balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its amazing motion absorption and its bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If your main concern is staying cool, you’ll love this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent choice. It is a combination of soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat aids in keeping your spine within a balanced position and helps prevent back pain. In fact the support is so sturdy that it might also be an ideal alternative for those who weigh more than 250 lb.
However, it’s not the only suitable position that works with Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel very comfortable lying on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into the bed and let you enjoy some relief from pressure while your hips feel comfortable and supported.
Hot sleepers will feel comfortable with the Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design offers plenty of space to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely comfortable and as an added bonus, it comes with a thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on over the top. All of these traits should help the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting the fact that it’s a responsive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feeling that memory foam provides. If you’re a lover of that quicksand feeling, you may want to look elsewhere.
You think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Find us here to get our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils for the perfect blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say it’s a bit soft and scored a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This is what makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who can expect to feel fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips sink into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth noting that this comfort section is made of not two, but one layer of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers, and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of these materials are made to keep the user at a comfortable temperature, with the former being a graphite-infused variant of the original Nolah AirFoam found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who like a soft mattress might also like the Nolah as it’s a comfy choice for couples. They’ll not only get that mix of support and comfort that you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco-Support Coils. At 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech support foam, which holds up the sides of the bed and also the middle. That means Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are you sure that you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you were looking for, you might benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Here are some of my suggestions based upon the type of body and age, sleeping position, and pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points in their hips and shoulders. Check out our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good combination of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain in a straight line, and typically, they’ll find this in a mattress that is medium-firm. You can find high-end options in the best mattresses for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that keeps their hips in alignment to their shoulders. Find out more about why this is important in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move about and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with moderate firmness, such as the ones we have in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built upon coils to support. They usually have a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for back, stomach, and mixed sleepers. You can check out our top innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of foam and coil support, and their feel differs widely. Check out the best hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They use layers of foam that provide cushioning and support to the sleeping person. Memory foam mattresses are a favored kind of all-foam mattress which offers a wide range of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Take a look at the most comfortable mattress made of memory foam to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed from eco-friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. Combination sleepers and heavy people are often awed by these beds. Check out the top latex mattresses for more information on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses make use of air to provide support to the sleeper all night! The most comfortable adjustable beds are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Find out more about them in our roundup of the the top air mattresses..
Choosing a sleep surface that helps mitigate pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that can help you with different kinds of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest you look at the top mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or best mattresses for sciatica articles to find out more about the best pain management options.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, take a look at the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the cost consider looking at the most comfortable mattresses available for the money.
- If you’re on a tight budget, take a look at our best mattresses under $1000 and the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I suggest a mattress made of latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase the circulation of air, and this is important for keeping the temperature at a minimum in the night.
- You can see my favorite mattresses that breathe in our list of top mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lb) are likely to find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend for these sleepers to take a review of the top soft mattresses to make sure they receive the relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 100 lbs) require a mattress that offers an extra level of support to stop premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are the most important considerations. To find out how to pick a mattress that is suitable for your body, visit our page for the best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific requirements for sleep! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep health in our best mattresses for kids.
- For seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional mattresses that offer mobility and support, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I suggest looking at our best mattresses for older people to discover a feeling that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have specific requirements for sleep, as well! Learn more about how to choose the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you share a bed with a spouse (or pet! ) It is important to select one that has low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples to get some ideas including beds that have impressive edge support, cooling options and other requirements that couples may consider.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattresses for sex are able to look through our guide to mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Mattress For Heavy Back Sleepers FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this, so it’s important to take your budget into account. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses available at nearly every price point! A budget mattress is usually considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least at least every seven to ten years. But, mattresses can be prone to sagging if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it with care. You can also extend the lifespan of a mattress that is old for a few months by adding an mattress topper.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s important to take a look at its warranty. This will give you an idea of how long it will last.
What is the best mattress for back pain?
The majority of people with back pain discover that a firm or medium-firm mattress is best for their back. The type of mattress you choose will assist you in keeping your spine straight overnight, which can help alleviate many of the back pain. If you are looking for a mattress that will ease your back pain, look through our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re better off using a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses listed on this list that include the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. To get a larger choice, check out our roundup of the most comfortable mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are on the other side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they usually prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. Many of the mattresses on this list should be an ideal fit for those who sleep on their sides, most notably Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Heavy Back Sleepers