You’re looking for a new mattress but don’t know where to begin. There are many options available at brick and mortar establishments however, there are hundreds of others circulating within the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. What’s the most suitable mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress For Guest Room
Remember that the word “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different people require different things from their bed, so what’s best for one person may not work for another.
We made sure to keep a broad range of categories in mind when we made our top picks. Our goal is that all people will be able to get not only the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the details of each bed We’d like to talk an overview of how we came to select these beds.
Here at Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 products through our bed lab. We’ve put every one of them through tests such as pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using the seismometer. From there, we give each bed an overall rating in accordance with the material and comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also factor in quality of the mattress with categories such as value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent of the best, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into account. Each mattress on this list is rated 4 out of 5 or more. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which have scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you must look for a bed that checks all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support and pressure relief cushioning, and top-quality materials that aren’t going to fall apart too fast.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of the more expensive models, but at lower costs. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil construction, it has the traditional innerspring feel , which is an ideal fit to a wide range of sleepers. It also comes in three different firmness levels (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm and Firm) and increases its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers will be most comfortable on the Luxury or Firm models, while side sleepers should enjoy using the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination, they’ll likely be able to easily change positions on any of the models thanks to the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model made specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is that its coils offer the mattress exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to lie down or sit near the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s going to collapse or make you fall over. The only downside to this springy mattress is the fact that it results in quite a lot of motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with a partner, you may feel each other’s movements at night, particularly if one (or both) is the type of sleeper who is light.
It’s also worth shining a the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made with organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need be concerned about sleeping with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be among the top notable brands in the mattress market due to its flexibility. Customers are able to take a sleep test through the Helix website that takes their body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into account so that the brand can recommend the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper is likely to be directed towards the Helix Midnight — an average-firm mattress that provides a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body, and it cradles vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders, which is essential for side sleepers since this is where they place the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be satisfied with this combination of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. As a hybrid with a mattress, it has pockets beneath the foams, providing enough support for two people. This also causes the slightest amount of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to seriously disturb the other person or you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who needs a little more pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking into Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes additional foam layers. You can also take a look at other of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune to get a good night’s Zzz’s. As an example, it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent value buy that packs a powerful relaxation punch, without spending a lot of money.
At present, it is priced under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts This memory foam mattress is made with 5″ of soft gel memory foam. This allows for ample relaxation and body contouring that could work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They will also feel immense pressure relief and cushions at the shoulders and hips.
However it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar offers enough support thanks to its high-density foam below for back sleepers, who will appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. The best part is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion across the entire structure which makes it an ideal choice for couples. If you’re in the market of a mattress that’s super soft, they should check out this brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional alarms.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Get an even cheaper deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with your partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples need. It is available in a Soft, Medium, and Firm model which means that most couples will be capable of finding the bed that is right for them. All models have strong edges (which make the bed feel larger) and solid motion-isolation, preventing you from being a victim of your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples should take cooling into consideration when looking for the best mattress for them, since two bodies produce much more heat to the body than one. However, this should not be a problem for the Signature mattress, which is made of a naturally cooling, similar to latex in the cushion layer. Furthermore, it comes with a hybrid design with springs that have room for lots of airflow.
Another trait that should appeal to lovebirds is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam) and makes it a great mattress for sex. Also, it’s important to note it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company can pass on savings onto the customer. This means that the Signature (and every one of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, though one that has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds and above) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that’s going to comfortably support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes with four levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm as well as Firmer. Then there’s, the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These strengthened springs also result in extra-strong edge support, which allows you to spread to the edge to the edge of your bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers gentle pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and lots of support from its pocketed coil support layer. It also provides zones of support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, depending on the area) to help ease discomfort and pain, particularly in your back.
In addition to the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made out of sustainable Tencel, and the coils permit an abundance of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers keep a low temperature throughout the night.
Do you think this is the bed of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our scale of firmness, the Bear will appeal to those who are looking for a comfortable and comfortable bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam on the bottom. It is followed by a thin layer of a flexible transition foam.
There should be sufficient support for back sleepers, and they’ll also benefit from a shape from a cushion of comfort foam coated by graphite. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does the covering made of breathable, light material known as Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noticeable aspect of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can also improve blood flow, which could help in the recovery process. This makes the Bear the perfect choice for athletes or anyone who is active.
If you’re ready to curl up with the Bear, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need a lot of support to keep their spines aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure at the lower back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress made up of an amalgamation consisting of poly foam, with pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re sitting on top of the mattress. In addition they’ll receive a bit of a hug due to the memory foam.
The memory foam has an infusion of cooling gel that prevents it from absorbing heat the way traditional memory foam does. And the bed’s coils make enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you decide to choosing the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s quite a heavy mattress, and it could be beneficial to help you with getting it in your house (and possibly setup) after it’s arrived.
Sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper seeking a bed that will help to cool down during the night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the one for you. This mattress features cooling technology that helps draw body heat away from sleepers.
The first is an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that absorbs heat from the sleeping person and feels cool to the touch. It also comes with an underlying layer of gel memory foam which, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of comfort and relief from pain.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy as a brand GhostBed is well-known for the “Ghost Ice” cover on the majority mattress models. Additionally, it is made from a Phase Change Material, it helps to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only downside is it could be slippery, so you may prefer a fitted sheet on your bed to keep it nice and snug.
In terms of feel In terms of comfort, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide side sleepers and back sleepers a combination of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its amazing motion absorption and bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your primary concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a good alternative. It blends soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat assists in keeping your spine in a neutral position and helps prevent back pain. Actually the support is solid that it can be a great alternative for those who weigh more than 250 pounds.
However, it’s not the only suitable position to sleep in Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very comfortable lying on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the bed and let you enjoy some relief from the pressure, while your hips feel comfortable and supported.
Hot sleepers will feel comfortable in the Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design offers plenty of space for airflow. The comfort layer is constructed from what’s called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly airy, and as an added touch, it has a thin layer of cooling gel on the top. All of these features will aid in keeping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out the fact that it’s a responsive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel of memory foam. So if you’re a fan of the feeling of a quicksand then you might want to look elsewhere.
Are you thinking that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Find us here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils for the perfect blend of support and comfort. In general, we’d say it’s on the soft side, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context medium firm is 6.5/10). This is what makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who will feel fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips slide into the comfort layer.
It’s worth pointing out that this comfort section is composed of not only one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of them are designed to keep the sleeper comfortable, the latter being a graphite-infused variation of the original Nolah AirFoam found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who like a soft mattress might also enjoy the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfy choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll get that mix of support and comfort that you mentioned, but they’ll be able stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco-Support Coils. at 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam that is used to support the sides of the bed, and also the middle. This means that Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you were looking for it, you may want to consider one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Here are some of my suggestions based upon your body type and age, sleeping posture, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. Take a look at our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal combination of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and typically, they’ll find this in a medium-firm mattress. You can find high-end choices in the best mattresses that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm bed that keeps their hips in alignment in a straight line with the shoulders. Learn more about why that’s essential in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move around on and switch positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a bouncy mattress with moderate firmness, such as the ones we have in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built on coil support systems. They typically have a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for back, stomach and combo sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coils and foam and their feeling varies widely. Check out the top hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They use layers of foam that provide cushioning and support to the sleeping person. They are the most well-known type of all-foam mattress , which offer a lot of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Check out the most comfortable memory foam mattress to find out more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed using green Dunlop and Talalay Latex Foam. They are naturally cool and bouncey. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy often like these beds. Look over the best latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to help sleepers throughout the night! The top adjustable beds are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Learn more in our roundup of the top air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that can help ease pain is particularly important for sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that can help you with different kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest you look at the top mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or best mattresses for sciatica articles to know more about pain management solutions.
- If you want a durable value mattress, check out the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re interested in finding a bed of high-end quality which is worth the price check out the best mattresses for the cost.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, see our top mattresses for under 1,000 as well as the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for mattresses that are cool to sleep on I suggest a Latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote airflow, which is crucial for keeping the temperature at a minimum at night.
- My top breathable beds in our list of the most comfortable mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 pounds) are likely to have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest for these sleepers to take a look at the best soft mattresses to ensure that they receive the relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) require a mattress with extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. To find out how to pick the best mattress that is suitable for your body go to our site to find the the best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique requirements for sleep! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- For seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide support and mobility, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattresses for older adults to find a feel that works for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have their own requirements for sleep, too! Learn more about how to choose a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a partner (or pet! ), it’s important to select a mattress that features low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the top couples’ mattresses for a few examples and beds with impressive edge support, cooling options, and other needs that couples may take into consideration.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattresses for sex can check out our guide for beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For Guest Room FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this, so it’s important to take your personal budget into consideration. There are a variety of great mattresses to be found at all price points! A budget mattress is generally considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress each 7-10 years. However, a mattress may be prone to sagging if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it with care. You can also extend the life of a mattress some time by putting on the mattress protector.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s important to check the warranty. It will also provide you with a good idea of how long it will last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back stiffness?
Most people who struggle with back pain find that a medium or firm mattress is ideal for those with back pain. This type of bed will aid in keeping your spine straight overnight, which can help alleviate some of the pain. If you are looking for a mattress that will ease your back pain, check out our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re best off with mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses in this list, the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. If they want a wider range, look through our list of the best sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are at the other side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they usually prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. The majority of mattresses on this list should be a great match for sleepers who prefer side sleeping especially Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Guest Room