You’re looking for a new mattress, but don’t know what to look for. Not only are there choices available at brick and mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more rumbling around in the world of online bed-in-a box brands. So what’s the best mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress For Growing Child
Remember that the word “best” is a bit subjective. Different people require different things of a mattress, and what works for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
That’s why we made sure to keep a broad range of categories in mind when making our top choices. Our hope is that most folks should be able to get not only an “best” mattress and not just the one that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the nitty gritty of each bed, we’d like to share some details about the process we used to choose these beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattress models within our lab for mattresses, putting every mattress through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using seismometer. From there, we give each bed an overall rating according to the materials used, comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also take into account the performance of the brand, such as value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the top out of them, we took each bed’s overall score into account. Every last mattress listed here is rated 4 out of 5 or above. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which were awarded an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you must find a mattress that checks all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support, cushioning pressure relief, and high-quality materials that won’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of costly models, but for lower costs. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil structure, it offers the traditional innerspring feeling that is an ideal fit for a variety of sleepers. It also comes with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm) and further widens its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers should be most comfortable with the Luxury as well as the Firm model, while those who sleep on their sides should prefer using the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers, they’ll likely be able to switch positions on any model, thanks to the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. It even has an HD model designed specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is its coils offer the mattress exceptional edge support. You should be able to lie down or sit close to the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s going to collapse or cause you to fall off. The only downside to this springy mattress is the fact that it creates quite a lot of motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with your partner, you might sense each other’s movements at night, especially if one or the other are a light sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a the spotlight on the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made from natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have be concerned about sleeping with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be among the top notable names in the mattress industry due to its customizable. Customers can take a sleep quiz through the Helix website that takes their body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into account so that the company can suggest the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper is likely to be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, which is an average-firm mattress that provides the feeling of a hug. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and cradles sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders. This is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because it’s where they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should be happy with this combination of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Since it’s a hybrid that has a layer of pocketed coils below the foams that provide enough support for two people. While this also results in the slightest amount of bounce, it’s not enough to disturb either of you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who needs a little more pressure-relief, you should check out Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with more foam layer. You can also look at our other best-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune just to get some quality Zzz’s. For instance, the Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress that packs a serious comfort punch without breaking the bank.
Currently priced at under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts This memory foam mattress is built by using 5″ of plush gel memory foam. This allows for ample relaxation and body contouring which can be beneficial for side sleepers. They should also feel some immense pressure relief and cushions at the hips and shoulders.
However the Nectar provides enough support with the high-density foam beneath for those who sleep on their backs, and will appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. The best part is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion across the entire structure, making it a great choice for couples. If you’re in the market of a mattress that’s super soft and would like to know more about the brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional features and bells.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Get an even better deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with your partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples want. It comes in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm option which means that most couples will be able to find the bed that is right for their needs. Each of them has strong edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing your partner from feeling every twist and turn.
Couples must also consider cooling when looking for a new mattress, as two bodies emit more body heat than one. But this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature, which has the naturally cooling latex-like foam that is in its comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative design that incorporates springs that can accommodate plenty of airflow.
Another feature that will be attractive to lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam) and makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex. Finally, it’s worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand is able to pass savings to the consumer. This is what makes Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and every one of the brand’s products) an affordable mattress for couples — albeit one that’s still an excellent, premium feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds and above) is the case, you’ll need an appropriate mattress that can provide enough support. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four different levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then, the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. The strengthened springs result in stronger edge support permitting you to spread to the end to the edge of your bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers soft pressure relief thanks to its quilted pillow-top layer and plenty of firm support from its coil-like support layer. It also comes with zoned support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, depending on the area) to help ease discomfort and pain, particularly for back pain.
Apart from it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool-sleeping. The cover is breathable and made of eco-friendly Tencel and the coils permit a ton of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers maintain a cool temperature throughout the night.
Does this sound like the bed of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our scale of firmness 7/10, the Bear should appeal to folks in search of a firm and supportive bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is over which is a lighter layer of responsive transition foam.
There should be sufficient support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also get a little bit of contouring from a comfortable layer of memory foam infused by graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, as does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material called Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only notable aspect of Celliant. There are studies that show it can also improve blood flow and could aid in the recovery process. It makes Bear the perfect choice for those who is active.
If you’re ready to curl up with the Bear, get our most affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require a lot of support to keep their spines aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure to avoid pain at the lower back. They may find a winning combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that uses the combination with memory foam and poly foam with pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re sitting on top of the bed. While at the same time, they’ll get a little touch of comfort due to the memory foam.
The memory foam has an infusion of cooling gel, keeping it from trapping heat like traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils create enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you do end up choosing the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a hefty mattress, and it could be beneficial to help you with the move into your house (and possibly setup) when it arrives.
Sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot looking for a mattress that will help to cool down during the night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress that is right for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology that helps draw body heat away from sleeping.
First, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the skin. It also comes with the gel memory foam which is, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of comfort and cushioning.
One other notable cooling feature is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is known for its “Ghost Ice” cover on some of its mattresses. Additionally, it is made from a phase change material, it assists in helping to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only downside is it is a little slippery, and you might need to put a fitted sheet on your bed to keep it comfortable and cozy.
In terms of comfort in terms of feel, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer those who sleep on their sides and backs the perfect balance of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its excellent motion absorption as well as its bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your primary concern is staying cool, you’ll love this GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who’s had problems with back discomfort in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good option. It combines soft top foams with sturdy steel coils that helps keep your spine within a neutral alignment and avoids back problems. In fact the support is robust that it could be an ideal option for heavy sleepers over 250 pounds.
However, it’s not the only suitable position for Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel at ease sleeping on your back. Your shoulders should sink into the mattress and give you some relief from pressure while your hips still are supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will be comfortable on the Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design offers plenty of space for airflow. The comfort layer is constructed from something called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely breathable, and as an added touch, it has a thin coating of cooling gel up over the top. All of these features will aid in keeping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note the fact that it’s a responsive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel like memory foam. So if you’re a fan of the feeling of a quicksand, you may want to look elsewhere.
Are you thinking that you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Check out our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils for an optimum blend of support and comfort. In general, we’d say it’s on the softer side and scored a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who can expect to feel incredible pressure relief when their hips and shoulders slide into the cushion of comfort.
It’s important to note that this comfort section is composed of not two, but one layer of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both are made to keep the user comfortable, the latter being a graphite-infused version from the first Nolah AirFoam that is found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like an extra soft mattress may appreciate the Nolah, plus it’s also an ideal choice for couples. They’ll not only experience the mix of support and comfort that we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Coils. At 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that supports both sides of the bed, as well as the middle. That means Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are you sure that you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you liked then you could benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Below are a few of my recommendations based on the type of body, age, sleep posture, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. We have compiled a list of the best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal level of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain in a straight line, and typically, they’ll find this in a medium-firm mattress. You can find high-end alternatives in the top mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that keeps their hips aligned with their shoulders. Find out more about why this is essential in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move about and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a mattress that is bouncy and has a moderate firmness, such as the ones we have in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built on coil support systems. They often are firm and bouncy in feel, and are suitable for stomach, back, and combo sleepers. You can check out our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of foam and coil support and their comfort is different. Find the most popular hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They employ layers of foam to cushion and help the sleeping person. They are the most well-known kind of all-foam mattress which provide a great body contouring as well as pressure relieving. Look over the top memory foam mattress to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually made with environmentally friendly Dunlop and Talalay latex. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy often like these mattresses. Look over the best latex mattresses for more on this natural material.
- Air mattresses utilize air to support the sleeper overnight! A few of the top adjustable beds are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Find out more about them in our review of best air mattresses.
Selecting a mattress that reduces pain is particularly important for sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that could help with several different kinds of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest looking into the most suitable mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to learn more about pain relief solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, take a look at the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re looking at finding a bed of high-end quality which is worth the price consider looking at the most comfortable mattresses available for the cost.
- If you’re on a tight budget, take a look at our top mattresses for under $1000 as well as the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for a mattress that sleeps cool I would suggest you go with an innerspring, mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote airflow, which is essential for keeping the temperature at a minimum during the night.
- My top breathable beds in our list of the most comfortable cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lbs) are likely to discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I would suggest that those who sleep light to look at the most comfortable mattresses to ensure they get the pressure relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 1 lb) require a mattress with additional support to avoid premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are usually important concerns. For more information on how to select the right mattress that is suitable for your body, visit our page for the best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique sleeping needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for kids..
- For seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional-looking mattresses that provide flexibility and support, yet are still gentle on sensitive joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattress for older people to find one that works for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have specific requirements for sleep, too! Learn more about how to choose a comfortable mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a partner (or pet! ) It is important to pick one that has low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the best mattresses for couples for a few examples and beds with impressive Edge support and cooling options and other requirements that couples might take into consideration.
- Couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy can check out our guide for beds that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Mattress For Growing Child FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this but it’s essential to take your own budget into account. There are a variety of great mattresses to be found at nearly every price point! Overall, a budget mattress is generally considered to be one priced under $1000 for a Queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress each 7-10 years. However, a mattress may sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a good foundation or treat it with care. You can also extend the lifespan of a mattress a few months by putting on an mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s important to check its warranty, which will give you a good idea of the length it’s expected to last.
What is the best mattress for back discomfort?
The majority of people with back pain discover that a medium or firm mattress is ideal for those with back pain. This kind of bed can aid in keeping your spine straight overnight as well as help ease a lot of back pain. To find a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, take a look at our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. With that in mind, they’re best off with mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses on this list it’s they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. For a more expansive choice, check out our roundup of the most comfortable mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers fall on the other end of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they tend to prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. Many of the mattresses listed here should be a great match for those who sleep on their sides especially those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Growing Child