So you’re in the market for a new mattress but aren’t sure where to start. There are many options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds of others circulating within the realm of online bed-in-a box brands. So , what’s the ideal mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress For Football Players
Well, keep in mind that the term “best” is a bit subjective. Different people require different things from their bed, so what’s best for one person may not work for another.
This is why we made sure to keep a broad range of different categories when we made our top choices. We hope that the majority of users will be able find not just the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the nitty gritty of each bed, we’d like to share an overview of how we came to choose them.
At Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 products through our bed lab. We’ve put every one of them through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer with the seismometer. We then give each mattress an overall score based on materials and comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also consider the performance of the brand, like warranty and value.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent of the best, we really considered each bed’s overall score into consideration. Each mattress listed here has an overall score of 4 or higher. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which have scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you should choose a mattress that checks all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support, cushioning pressure relief, and quality materials that won’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of expensive models, but at lower costs. With a durable coil-on-coil design, it features an innerspring-like feeling that is a good fit to a wide range of sleepers. It’s also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm), which increases its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers will be the most comfortable with the Luxury as well as the Firm model while side sleepers will appreciate using the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper will likely be able to easily change positions on any model, due to the Saatva’s soft combination of support and comfort. It even has an HD model specially designed for heavier sleepers.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is its coils provide the mattress with outstanding edge support. You’ll be able to sleep or sit near the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s going to collapse or cause you to fall off. The only drawback to its springy nature is that it results in an extremely high amount of motion transfer which means that if you sleep with your partner, you might be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, especially if one or both of you are a light sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made from Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need the worry of sleeping with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become an extremely well-known brands in the mattress market because of its customization. Customers are able to take a sleep test on the Helix website that takes their body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration , so that the company can suggest the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper is likely to be directed towards the Helix Midnight, which is a moderately firm mattress that gives an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body, and it cradles sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders, which is essential for side sleepers because that’s the place they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be satisfied with this combination of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Since it’s a hybrid, there’s a layer of pockets beneath the foams, providing enough support for two people. This also causes the slightest amount of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to cause any major disturbance to either of you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with extra foam layers. Also, you can look at our other top-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses can be incredibly expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For example, it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress that packs a powerful quality of sleep without costing you a fortune.
The current price is less than 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts This memory foam mattress is constructed by using 5″ of plush Gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of comfort and a deep body contour which can be beneficial for side sleepers. They should also feel some intense pressure relief and cushiony support at the hips and shoulders.
At the same time the Nectar offers enough support thanks to its high-density foam below the back, which are likely to appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of movement across the structure which makes it an ideal choice for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a mattress that’s super soft and would like to know more about Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, with additional features and bells.
Sold on this great value mattress? Get an even cheaper deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with a partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples want. It comes in a Soft, Medium and Firm version which means that most couples will be capable of finding the right bed for their needs. Each of them has solid edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing you from feeling your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples should also consider cooling when choosing the best mattress for them, since two bodies produce much more heat to the body than one. But this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature, which has the naturally cooling latex-like foam that is in the cushion layer. Additionally, it has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that have room for lots of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to be attractive to lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to latex-like foam), which makes it a great mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand can pass on savings to the consumer. This is what makes it possible to make the Signature (and all of the products from the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that still has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds and above), then you need a mattress that’s going to comfortably support you. The WinkBed is available with four levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus. The Plus is constructed with steel reinforced coils designed for heavier folks. The strengthened springs result in a stronger edge support, allowing you to spread out to the edge in the mattress.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some gentle pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and plenty of firm support thanks to its coil-like support layer. It also comes with zones of support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, depending on the region) to help ease discomfort and pain, particularly on your back.
Outside of the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool-sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils allow for a ton of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier to keep their temperature at a minimum throughout the night.
Do you think this is the mattress of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear is a good choice for those in search of a firm and comfortable bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam on the bottom. It is topped by a thinner layer of responsive transition foam.
There should be sufficient support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also get a little more contouring with the cushion of comfort foam infused with graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, as does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material called Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only notable aspect of Celliant. Some studies show that it can increase blood flow and could aid in recovering. The Bear the perfect choice for anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re looking to snuggle in Bear Bear, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require lots of support to ensure their spines are aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure in their lower back. They could find a great combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that combines a tandem with memory foam and poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top of the mattress. In addition they’ll feel a squeeze due to the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam has an infusion of cooling gel, keeping it from trapping heat the way traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create space for a lot of airflow.
If you do end up choosing the DreamCloud, know that it’s a very heavy mattress, and it could be beneficial to help you with the move into your house (and possibly setup) after it’s arrived.
Are you sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot looking for a mattress that can help cool you down at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress that is right for you. This mattress features cooling technology that helps draw body heat away from sleeping.
First, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special textile that absorbs heat from the person sleeping and is cool to the feel. Additionally, it has a layer of gel memory foam, which is, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of cushioning and pain relief.
One other notable cooling feature is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is known for the “Ghost Ice” cover for the majority of its mattresses. Additionally, it is made from a phase change material that assists in helping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only downside is it is a little slippery, and you might want to use sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep it neat and secure.
For feel in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give side sleepers and back sleepers a combination of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples because of its excellent motion absorption as well as its bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If your main concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back discomfort in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great choice. It combines soft top foams with supportive steel coils, which aids in keeping your spine within a neutral alignment and avoids back problems. In fact the support is solid that it can be a good option for heavy sleepers over 250 lb.
However, it’s not the only position that is suitable for the Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel very comfortable lying on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into the bed and let you enjoy some relief from the pressure, and your hips should are supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel comfortable with the Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil has a lot of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is made with something called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely comfortable and, as an additional feature, it features a thin layer of cooling gel up over the top. All of these traits should help you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note that this is a responsive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel like memory foam. So if you’re a fan of the feeling of a quicksand it might be a good idea to reconsider your options.
You think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Shop here for the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils that provide a mixture of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say it’s on the soft side and scored a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context, the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who can expect to feel amazing pressure relief as their hips and shoulders sink into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth noting that this section of comfort is made of not only one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of them are designed to keep the sleeper cool, with the second being a graphite-infused version that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam that is found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer a soft mattress might also enjoy the Nolah as it’s a comfy choice for couples. They’ll not only feel that mixture of support and comfort that we talked about, they’ll also be able stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Coils. At 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that holds up both sides of the bed as well as the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Is you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you liked then you could benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my recommendations based on body type as well as age, sleep positions, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions pressure points at their hips and shoulders. Take a look at our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal balance of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and usually, that’s in a mattress that is medium-firm. They can find some high-quality options in the best mattresses to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that will keep their hips in alignment to their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s important in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are simple to move about and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to those in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely on coil support systems. They typically feature a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for stomach, back, and combination sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coil and foam support, and their feel is different. Check out the top hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They use layers of foam to cushion and help the sleeping person. Memory foam mattresses are a well-known type of all-foam mattress , which offers a wide range of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Check out the best memory foam mattress to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed using green Dunlop as well as Talalay latex. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncy. Heavy people and sleepers in combination are often awed by these beds. Take a look at the best latex mattresses for more on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses make use of air to support the sleeper all night! The most comfortable adjustable beds are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Learn more in our roundup of the best air mattresses..
Choosing a sleep surface that reduces pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that can help you with different kinds of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest looking into the best mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to know more about pain relief solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, check out the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re looking at finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the cost check out the top mattresses for your money.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, take a look at our top mattresses for under $1,000 as well as the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for an ideal mattress for sleeping cool, I’d recommend opting for a mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage ventilation, which can be crucial to keep the temperature low at night.
- Here are my top mattresses that breathe in our roundup of top mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lb) typically discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d suggest these sleepers take a glance at top soft mattresses to ensure they receive the relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over lb) need a bed that offers an extra level of support to stop premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are the most important considerations. To learn how to choose the right mattress for your body type, visit our page for top mattresses designed for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids are growing rapidly and evolving bodies that have specific sleeping needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep health in our best mattresses for kids.
- The elderly (over 65) typically prefer traditional mattresses that offer mobility and support, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattresses for seniors to find one that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have specific sleep needs, too! Learn more about how to choose the right mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you share a bed with a companion (or pet! ) It is important to select an option that is low in motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples for some examples including beds with impressive Edge support and cooling features, and other needs that couples might consider.
- Similarly, couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy can check out our guide for beds that are supple and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For Football Players FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here, so it’s important to take your personal budget into account. Thankfully, there are great mattresses at all price points! A budget mattress is typically considered one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress each 7-10 years. However, a mattress can fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a proper foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also extend the lifespan of a mattress that is old for a few months by putting on a mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s essential to look over its warranty, which can also give you an idea of how long it should last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back pain?
The majority of people with back pain will find the medium-firm or firm mattress is the best choice for those with back pain. The type of mattress you choose will aid in keeping your spine straight during the night as well as help ease a lot of back pain. If you are looking for a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, check out our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. This is why they’re better off using mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses listed on this list it’s they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. If they want a wider choice, look through our list of the top mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers fall on the opposite side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they tend to prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. A majority of the mattresses on this list should be an ideal fit for those who sleep on their sides particularly the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Football Players