So you’re in the market for a new mattress, but have no idea where to begin. Not only are there choices to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more swirling in the world of digital bed-in-a-box brands. What’s the most suitable mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress For Fibromyalgia Patients
Remember that the concept of “best” is somewhat subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics from their bed, so what’s best for one person will not work for another.
This is why we kept a wide range of categories in mind when presenting our top picks. Our goal is that all users will be able get not only an “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the in-depth details of each bed we’d like to tell you a little bit about the process we used to choose them.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 products in our mattress lab. We’ve put every one of them through tests like pressure mapping and assessing motion transfer using a seismometer. We then give each mattress an overall score in accordance with the material as well as comfort, support edge support, and cooling. We also factor in quality of the mattress with categories like warranty and value.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the best of the best, we really took each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress on this list has an overall score of 4 out of 5 or more. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you should choose a mattress that checks all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support, cushioning pressure relief, and high-quality materials that won’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of the more expensive models, but at a more affordable price. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil design, it features an innerspring-like feeling that is suitable for all types of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm) and increases its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers are likely to be the most comfortable with the Luxury and Firm versions while side sleepers will appreciate using the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination will likely be able to quickly change positions on any of the models due to the Saatva’s soft combination of support and comfort. The Saatva has even got an HD model specially designed for those who sleep heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is that its coils give the bed outstanding edge support. It should be possible to sit on or sleep close to the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s going to fall over or cause you to fall off. The only issue with its springy nature is that it causes fairly high motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with your partner, you might be able to feel each other’s movements during the late at night, particularly if either (or both) is a light sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining a light on some of the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made of natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need to worry about sleeping near dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be an extremely notable brands in the mattress market due to its customizable. Customers are able to take a sleep test via the Helix website and take the body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into consideration so that the company can suggest the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper most likely, you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight — a moderately firm mattress that gives a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and supports sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders. This is vital for people who sleep on their side since this is where they place the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be happy with this combination of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. As a hybrid with a mattress, it has pocketed coils below the foams, providing sufficient support to accommodate two people. Although this can cause some bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to disturb you or your partner. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, you should check into Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with more foam layer. It’s also possible to look at our other top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or buts about it — mattresses can be extremely expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. As an example the Nectar mattress is a great value buy that packs a powerful quality of sleep without spending a lot of money.
Currently priced at under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts, this memory foam bed is made with 5″ of soft Gel memory foam. This provides ample relaxation and body contouring that could work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They will also feel intense pressure relief and soft support around the hips and shoulders.
At the same time the Nectar provides enough support with its foam with high density below the back, which should enjoy the medium firmness of the mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of movement across the structure, making it a great pick for couples. If anyone is in search for a bed that is super soft and would like to know more about this brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional alarms.
Sold on this great value mattress? Find a cheaper bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with your partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples need. It comes in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm version, so most couples should be in a position to find a bed that works for their preferences. All of the options have strong edges (which make the bed feel larger) and a solid motion isolation, keeping you from feeling your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples must also consider cooling when choosing a new mattress, as two bodies emit more body heat than one. However, this isn’t a problem with the Signature, which has the naturally cooling similar to latex in the comfort layer. Additionally, it has an innovative design that incorporates springs that allow for lots of airflow.
Another trait that should appeal to lovebirds is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam), which makes it a great mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company can pass on savings on to customers. This makes Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and every one of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that still has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 lb and over), then you need an appropriate mattress that can provide enough support. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes with four levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then, the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils that are designed to support heavier people. These springs are strengthened, resulting in extra-strong edge support, allowing you to spread out to the end to the edge of your bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some gentle pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and plenty of firm support from its pocketed coil support layer. It also provides zoned support (a combination of soft and more firm foams, based on the location) to ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically for back pain.
In addition to the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool-sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed from eco-friendly Tencel and the coils provide a ton of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier keep a low temperature through the entire night.
Does this sound like the mattress of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale it is a Bear should appeal to folks looking for a firm and supportive bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density support foam in the middle, topped by a thinner layer of flexible transition foam.
There should be plenty of support for back sleepers, and they’ll also receive a shape from a comfort layer of memory foam that’s infused with graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does the covering made of breathable, light material known as Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noteworthy characteristic of Celliant. There are studies that show it also promotes blood flow and might help in the recovery process. It makes Bear a great fit for those who is active.
If you’re eager to curl in Bear Bear, get our most affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require lots of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned, while also receiving the necessary pressure relief to prevent pain at the lower back. They may find a winning combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses an amalgamation with memory foam and poly foam with pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re sitting on top of the bed. In addition they’ll receive a bit of a hug due to the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel, keeping it from trapping heat as traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you do end up choosing the DreamCloud, know that it’s a very heavy bed, so it may be a good idea to assist you in getting it in your home (and perhaps setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Have you bought you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot in search of a bed that will help to cool down during the night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice that is right for you. This mattress features cooling technology that draws body heat away from sleeping.
In the beginning, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special textile that draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the skin. It also comes with a layer of gel memory foam which, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of cushioning and pain relief.
Another notable cooling characteristic as a brand GhostBed is famous as the brand that has its “Ghost Ice” cover for the majority of its mattresses. It is also made of a phase change material which assists in helping with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only downside is it can be a bit slippery, so you may want to use an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep it comfortable and cozy.
In terms of comfort in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give side sleepers and back sleepers an ideal balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its amazing motion absorption and its bounciness (a plus for sex).
If your main concern is staying cool, you’ll love this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who has had issues with back discomfort in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a good alternative. It blends soft top foams with supportive steel coils, which assists in keeping your spine within a healthy alignment and prevents back issues. In fact, the support is so sturdy that it might also be a great option for heavy sleepers over 250 lb.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only suitable position to sleep in this Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be very comfortable lying on your side. Your shoulders should sink into the bed and give you some relief from pressure and your hips should feel comfortable and supported.
Hot sleepers will feel right at home in this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design provides plenty of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is made with what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely comfortable and as an added bonus, it comes with an extremely thin layer of cooling gel up top. These features should assist in helping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out the fact that it’s a receptive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling like memory foam. So if you’re a fan of that quicksand feeling, you may want to consider a different bed.
Are you thinking that you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Check out the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils for a mixture of support and comfort. In general, we’d say it’s on the softer side with a score of 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for an example, medium firm is 6.5/10). This is what makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who will feel amazing pressure relief as their shoulders and hips are sunk into the comfort layer.
It’s worth noting that this section of comfort is comprised of not just one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers, and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both are designed to keep the sleeper at a comfortable temperature, with the former being a graphite-infused variant of the original Nolah AirFoam that is found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer a soft mattress might also like the Nolah, plus it’s also an ideal choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll get that mix of support and comfort we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco-Support Coils. At 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam for support, which is used to support the sides of the mattress, as well as the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress you wanted above, you might benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Here are some of my suggestions based on your body type, age, sleep positions, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points in their hips and shoulders. Take a look at our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal balance of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain straight, and usually, that’s in a medium-firm mattress. There are some top-quality choices in the best mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that will keep their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Find out more about why this is crucial in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are simple to move about and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a cushioned mattress with moderate firmness, such as those in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built in coil systems to provide support. They typically have a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for back, stomach, and combination sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of foam and coil support and their comfort varies widely. Find the top hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They make use of layers of foam that cushion and support the sleeping person. Memory foam mattresses are a well-known type of all-foam mattress that provide a great body contouring and pressure relief. Take a look at the best memory foam mattress to know more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed from environmentally friendly Dunlop or Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncy. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy are often awed by these mattresses. Look over the best latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses make use of air to help sleepers overnight! A few of the most comfortable adjustable beds are the most advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our roundup of the best air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that helps mitigate pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that could help with several different kinds of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest you look at the best mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to know more about pain relief solutions.
- If you want a durable value mattress, check out the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in finding a high-quality bed which is worth the price consider looking at the best mattresses for the cost.
- If you’re on a strict budget, check out our top mattresses for under $1,000 as well as the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of mattresses that are cool to sleep on I suggest one of the following: mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase the circulation of air, and this is essential for keeping the temperature at a minimum in the night.
- My top breathable beds in our roundup of top cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lb) typically find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest for these sleepers to take a glance at top soft mattresses to ensure they have the pressure relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over 1 lb) need a bed with extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. To find out how to pick a mattress that suits your body, visit our page for the best mattresses for heavy people.
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique sleep needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- For seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet they are also gentle on joints. I would suggest taking a look at our best mattresses for older people to find a feel that is suitable for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have specific sleeping needs as well! Learn more about how to choose the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a partner (or pet! ), it’s important to select one that has low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses for a few examples, as well as beds that have impressive Edge support and cooling features as well as other features that couples might take into consideration.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattress for sex should browse our list of beds that are supple and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Mattress For Fibromyalgia Patients FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here, so it’s important to take your personal budget into consideration. There are a variety of great mattresses at all price points! A budget mattress is generally considered to be one priced under $1000 for a queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least each 7-10 years. But, mattresses can fall over prematurely if it isn’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it with care. It is also possible to extend the life of a mattress several months by using a mattress topper.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s essential to look over its warranty. This can also give you an idea of the length it should last.
What is the best mattress for back pain?
Most people who struggle with back pain discover the medium-firm or firm mattress is ideal for them. This type of bed will help you keep your spine straight overnight, which can help alleviate some of the back pain. If you are looking for a mattress that will ease your back pain, check out our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the most support. With that in mind, they’re best off with mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses in this list, those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. If they want a wider selection, they can always look through our list of the best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are at the other end of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they usually prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. A majority of the mattresses in this list will be ideal for those who sleep on their sides particularly Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Fibromyalgia Patients