You’re looking for a new mattress but don’t know where to start. There are plenty of options available at brick and mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot of others circulating in the realm of online bed-in-a box brands. So what’s the best mattress for 2022? Top Mattress For Fat Side Sleepers
Keep in mind that the concept of “best” is a bit subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics of a mattress, and what is effective for one individual will not work for another.
That’s why we kept a wide range of subjects in our mind while making our top choices. Our hope is that most users will be able get not only the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the nitty gritty of each of these beds, we’d like to share a little bit about the process we used to select them.
At Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses through our bed lab, running each one through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer using a seismometer. Then, we assign each mattress an overall score based on materials and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also factor in the performance of the brand, such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent among the top, we really took each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress listed here is rated 4 out of 5 or higher. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which were awarded an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you must choose a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and high-quality mattress materials that don’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of the more expensive models, but at a more affordable price. With a durable coil-on-coil construction, it has an innerspring-like feel that should be a good fit for all types of sleepers. It also comes in three different firmness levels (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm), which increases its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers should be the most comfortable with the Luxury and Firm versions, while side sleepers will appreciate more of the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers, they’ll likely be able to change positions on any model, due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. The Saatva has even got an HD model designed specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is that its coils give the bed exceptional edge support. It should be possible to sit on or sleep close to the edge of your mattress without feeling like it’s about to fall down or cause you to fall off. The only drawback to this springy mattress is the fact that it results in fairly high motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with an individual, you could be able to feel each other’s movements during the late at night, particularly if either (or both) is an eazy sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a the spotlight on the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made from natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need the worry of sleeping with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now one of the most recognizable names in the mattress industry due to its flexibility. Customers are able to take a sleep test through the Helix website that takes the body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into account so that the brand can recommend the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper is likely to be directed towards the Helix Midnight — a moderately firm mattress that gives an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body, and it cradles vulnerable areas such as the shoulders and hips, which is essential for side sleepers since this is where they place the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers must also be satisfied with this combination of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. As a hybrid that has a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, which creates enough support for two people. This also causes some bounce, it’s not enough to seriously disturb you or your partner. In addition, the firmness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side looking for a bit more plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with additional foam layers. You can also check out more of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re sold on this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it — mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you have to spend a fortune just to get some quality Zzz’s. For example it’s the Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress with a significant quality of sleep without costing you a fortune.
The current price is less than 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts, this memory foam bed is built of 5″ of plush gel memory foam. This provides ample sinkage and deep body-contouring that can work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. They should also feel some extreme pressure relief as well as soft support around the shoulders and hips.
However it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar has enough support in its high-density foam below the back, which should enjoy the medium firmness of the mattress. Additionally, the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion throughout the mattress, making it a great pick for couples. If anyone is in search of a super-soft bed, they should check out Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional bells and whistles.
Are you happy with this value mattress? You can get a much more affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with your partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It comes in a Medium, Soft and Firm option and most couples will be capable of finding the bed that is right for their preferences. Each of them has solid edges (which make the bed feel larger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing you from feeling your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples should also consider cooling when shopping for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies produce more body heat than one. This should not be a problem for the Signature, which has the naturally cooling similar to latex in the cushion layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative hybrid design, with springs that allow for lots of airflow.
Another trait that should attract lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it to latex-like foam), which makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex. It’s also worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand can pass on savings to the consumer. This makes the Signature (and any of the other products by the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, but one that’s still an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds or more), then you need a mattress that’s going to comfortably support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four different levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm, Firmer, and finally the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils designed for heavier folks. These springs are strengthened, resulting in a stronger edge support, which allows you to spread until the end of the bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers soft pressure relief thanks to the quilted top layer of its pillow and ample firmness from its coil-like support layer. It also provides zoned support (a combination of soft and more firm foams, based on the location) to ease discomfort and pain, particularly for back pain.
In addition to the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed from eco-friendly Tencel and the coils allow for an abundance of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers to keep their temperature at a minimum through the entire night.
Does this sound like the bed of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our firmness scale, the Bear is a good choice for those who are looking for a comfortable and supportive mattress. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density foam at the bottom, over which is a lighter layer of responsive transition foam.
There should be more than enough support here for back sleepers, and they’ll also receive a shape from a comfort layer of memory foam infused by graphite. This makes the mattress cool, as does a cover of breathable, lightweight material known as Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noticeable characteristic of Celliant. There are studies that show it also promotes blood flow and might help in the recovery process. This makes the Bear a great fit for anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re looking to snuggle in your Bear, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need a lot of support to ensure their spines are aligned while also getting requisite pressure relief to prevent pain in low back. They may find a winning combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress made up of a tandem consisting of poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top mattress. At the same time they’ll receive a squeeze from the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat like traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you do end up opting for the DreamCloud, know that it’s a very heavy bed, so it might be beneficial to assist in the process of the move into your house (and maybe even setting it up) once it arrives.
Have you bought the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are looking for a mattress that will keep you cool at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress you’re looking for. This mattress features cooling technology to draw your body’s warmth away from sleepers.
In the beginning, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the touch. Additionally, it has the gel memory foam, which is, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of comfort and cushioning.
One other notable cooling feature as a brand GhostBed is well-known for the “Ghost Ice” cover on the majority of its mattresses. It is also made of the Phase Change Material, it assists in helping with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only drawback is that it could be slippery, and you might want to use sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep everything comfortable and cozy.
For feel in terms of feel, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide the back and side sleepers the perfect balance of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and the bounce (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your primary concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good alternative. It blends soft top foams and supportive steel coilsthat aids in keeping your spine within a neutral alignment and avoids back problems. Actually, the support is so sturdy that it might also be a great option for people who sleep heavily over 250 pounds.
However, it’s not the only option for the Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel at ease sleeping on your back. Your shoulders should sink into your bed and let you enjoy some refreshing pressure relief while your hips feel comfortable and supported.
Hot sleepers will feel comfortable in this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design provides plenty of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made with what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely breathable, and as an added touch, it has a thin layer of cooling gel up top. All of these traits should aid in keeping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting the fact that it’s a very responsive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feeling of memory foam. So if you’re a fan of that quicksand feeling then you might want to look elsewhere.
You think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Shop here for our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils for the perfect blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the softer side, scoring a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example medium firm is 6.5/10). This is what makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who will feel amazing pressure relief as their hips and shoulders are sunk into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth noting that the comfort section is made of not two, but one layer of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of these materials are designed to keep the sleeper cool, with the second being a graphite-infused version from the first Nolah AirFoam used in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who prefer an extra soft mattress may appreciate the Nolah as it’s a comfortable option for couples. It’s not just that they’ll get that mix of support and comfort that you mentioned, but they’ll be able stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco-Support Coils. At 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam for support, which supports on the edges of the mattress, and also the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you were looking for, you might benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my recommendations based on your body type and age, sleeping positions, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. We have compiled a list of the top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good combination of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain straight, and usually, that’s in a medium-firm mattress. There are some top-quality options in the best mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm bed that keeps their hips aligned in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out more about why this is important in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are easy to move about and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a bouncy mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to the ones in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built upon coils to support. They often feature a firm, bouncy feel and work well for back, stomach and mixed sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coil and foam support and their comfort differs widely. Take a look at the best hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They use layers of foam to cushion and help the sleeper. They are the most well-known type of all-foam mattress that offers a wide range of body-contouring and pressure relief. Check out the top memory foam mattress to know more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed using green Dunlop and Talalay latex. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. Heavy people and sleepers in combination often like these mattresses. Look over the most popular latex mattresses for more information on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses use air to help sleepers overnight! Some of the top adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our roundup of the best air mattresses..
Choosing a sleep surface that reduces the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that can help you with kinds of pain. Depending on what you need, I’d recommend looking at the top pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the best sciatica mattresses articles to find out more about the best pain management options.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, check out the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the cost, take a look at the top mattresses for your price.
- If you’re on a tight budget, see our top mattresses for under $1000 and the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of a mattress that sleeps cool, I’d recommend opting for an innerspring, mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase airflow, which is essential for keeping a low temperature during the night.
- My top mattresses that breathe in our list of the most comfortable mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lb) are likely to have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest those who sleep light to look at the top soft mattresses to ensure that they receive the relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 1 lb) require a mattress with an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. To learn how to choose the right mattress for your body type, visit our page for best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids have rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific requirements for sleep! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- The elderly (over 65) generally prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer support and mobility, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I suggest looking at our top mattresses for older adults to find one that is suitable for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have their own sleeping needs as well! Learn more about choosing a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you share a bed with a companion (or pet! ), it’s important to select one that has low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples for some examples and beds that have impressive edges, cool features as well as other features that couples might take into consideration.
- Similarly, couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy should look through our guide to mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For Fat Side Sleepers FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here, so it’s important to take your personal budget into account. There are a variety of great mattresses at nearly every price point! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is usually considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress may be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also extend the life of a mattress that is old for some time by adding the mattress protector.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s essential to check the warranty. It can also give you a good idea of the length it’s expected to last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back stiffness?
Most people who struggle with back pain find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is ideal for their back. The type of mattress you choose will aid in keeping your spine straight throughout the night as well as help ease many of the discomfort. To find a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, take a look at our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re best off with a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses listed on this list it’s the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. If they want a wider selection, they can always check out our roundup of the most comfortable sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the ideal mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are at the opposite side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they generally prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. The majority of mattresses listed here should be a great match for side sleepers especially the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Fat Side Sleepers