So you’re in the market for a new mattress, but have no idea where to start. Not only are there choices available at brick and mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more rumbling around within the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So , what’s the ideal mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress For Fat Guys
Remember that the term “best” is somewhat subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features of a mattress, and what is effective for one individual may not work for another.
We kept a wide range of subjects in our mind while making our top choices. Our goal is that all folks should be able to find not just the “best” mattress however, but one that is the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the details of each bed, we’d like to share an overview of the method we used to choose these beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models within our lab for mattresses. We’ve put every mattress through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with seismometer. From there, we give each bed an overall rating according to the materials used, comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also take into account brand performance with categories like warranty and value.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the top among the top, we really considered each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress on this list has an overall score of 4 out of 5 or higher. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, it’s important to choose a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and quality mattress materials that don’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva offers all of the benefits of those costly models, but for an affordable cost. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil structure, it offers the traditional innerspring feeling that is suitable for all types of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm and Firm), which further widens its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers are likely to be most comfortable on Luxury and Firm versions. While side sleepers will appreciate using the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers will likely be able to easily shift positions with any model, thanks to the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. The Saatva has even got an HD model designed specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is its coils provide the mattress with an exceptional edge support. You should be able to sleep or sit close to the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s going to collapse or make you fall over. The only downside to this springy mattress is the fact that it creates fairly high motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with your partner, you might feel each other’s movements at night, especially if one or the other are a light sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made from natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have be concerned about sleeping in a room with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be an extremely notable brands in the mattress market due to its flexibility. Customers can take a sleep quiz on the Helix website that takes the body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into consideration so that the brand can recommend the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side-sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight, which is an average-firm mattress that provides a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and cradles vulnerable areas such as the shoulders and hips, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because it’s where they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be satisfied with this combination of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. As a hybrid that has a layer of pocketed coils below the foams, providing adequate support for 2 people. While this also results in the slightest amount of bounce, it’s not enough to seriously disturb the other person or you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who needs a little more pressure relief, I’d suggest checking into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with additional foam layers. Also, you can check out more of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re convinced by this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses can be incredibly expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. For instance it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress that packs a powerful relaxation punch, without costing you a fortune.
The current price is less than $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts The memory foam bed is constructed of 5″ of luxurious gel memory foam. This allows for ample sinkage and deep body-contouring that can work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They will also feel immense pressure relief and cushions at the hips and shoulders.
However, the Nectar has enough support in the high-density foam beneath for those who sleep on their backs, and are likely to appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion throughout the entire structure and makes it a fantastic pick for couples. And if anyone’s in search for a bed that is super soft, they should check out this brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra alarms.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Find a better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with your partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples need. It comes in three different sizes: Soft, Medium, and Firm model which means that most couples will be capable of finding a bed that works for their needs. All of the options have sturdy edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and solid motion isolationthat keeps you from being a victim of your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples should take cooling into consideration when looking for a new mattress, as two bodies give off greater body temperature than one. This shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature mattress, which is made of an naturally cool, latex-like foam in the cushion layer. Additionally, it has a hybrid design with springs that have room for a lot of airflow.
Another trait that should attract lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam) and makes it a good mattress for sexual sex. Also, it’s important to note it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand is able to pass savings onto the customer. This makes it possible to make the Signature (and all of the brand’s products) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, though one that’s still a nice, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds and above) is the case, you’ll need an appropriate mattress that can adequately support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four different levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s, the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These strengthened springs also result in a stronger edge support, allowing you to spread out until the edge of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides soft pressure relief thanks to the quilted top layer of its pillow and plenty of firm support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zones of support (a combination of soft and more firm foams, based on the area) to help ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically for back pain.
In addition to the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool-sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made of eco-friendly Tencel and the coils permit a ton of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers keep a low temperature throughout the night.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our firmness scale it is a Bear will appeal to those who are looking for a comfortable and supportive bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam in the middle, over which is a lighter layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be sufficient support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also receive a shape from the comfortable layer of memory foam that’s infused by graphite. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does a cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noteworthy characteristic of Celliant. Some studies show that it can increase blood flow and might help with recovery. This makes the Bear an ideal choice for anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re eager to curl up on your Bear, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need plenty of support to ensure their spines are aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure to avoid pain at the lower back. They might find a good combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that uses an amalgamation with memory foam and poly foam, as well as pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a little more firm than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top bed. At the same time they’ll feel a touch of comfort from the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam comes with an infusion of cooling gel which prevents it from storing heat as traditional memory foam does. And the bed’s coils make room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you do end up going for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a hefty bed, so it may be beneficial to help you with the move into your house (and possibly setup) when it arrives.
Have you bought your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are in search of a bed that can help to cool down during the night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice for you. This mattress features cooling technology that helps draw body heat away from sleepers.
The first is an injection of Phase Change Material, a special textile that draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the feel. It also has a layer of gel memory foam that as well as being cool, provides plenty of comfort and relief from pain.
Another notable cooling characteristic: As a brand, GhostBed is well-known for the “Ghost Ice” cover for many mattress models. Also made with a phase change material that assists in helping with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. Its only disadvantage is that it could be slippery, which is why you may need to put sheets that are fitted to your bed that keeps everything comfortable and cozy.
For feel in terms of feel, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer those who sleep on their sides and backs the perfect balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its excellent motion absorption as well as its bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If you’re primarily concerned with keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent choice. It combines soft top foams and sturdy steel coils that assists in keeping your spine within a healthy alignment and avoids back problems. Actually the support is so sturdy that it might also be a good option for heavy sleepers over 250 lb.
But it’s not the only suitable position to sleep in Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very comfortable sleeping on your side. Your shoulders should sink into your bed and allow you to get some relief from pressure and your hips should feel supported.
Hot sleepers will be comfortable in this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer provides plenty of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely comfortable, and as an added touch, it has an extremely thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on over the top. These features should assist in helping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out that this is a responsive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel that memory foam provides. If you’re fond of the quicksand feel it might be a good idea to reconsider your options.
Are you thinking that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Find us here to get the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils that provide an optimum blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s a bit soft and scored a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example medium firm is 6.5/10). This means that this model Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side, who should feel some incredible pressure relief when their hips and shoulders slide into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth pointing out that this section of comfort is made of not one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of them are specifically designed to keep sleepers comfortable, the latter being a graphite-infused variation that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer an extra soft mattress may enjoy the Nolah as it’s a comfy choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll feel that mixture of comfort and support we talked about, they’ll also be able stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Support Coils. At 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech support foam, which supports on the edges of the mattress, and also the middle. That means Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you liked, you might benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Here are some of my suggestions based on your body type, age, sleep position, and managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion pressure points at their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate level of support and pressure relief to keep their spines straight, and typically, they’ll find this in a mattress that is medium-firm. You can find high-end choices in the top mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that will keep their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s crucial in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are simple to move around on and switch positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a mattress that is bouncy and has a an average-firm feel, similar to those in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based on coil support systems. They typically feature a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for stomach, back, and mixed sleepers. We have a list of our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of foam and coil support, and their feel is different. Find the top hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They use layers of foam that cushion and support the sleeping person. They are the most favored type of all-foam mattress that offer a lot of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Look over the best memory foam mattress to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed using eco-friendly Dunlop and Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. Combination sleepers and heavy people often like these mattresses. Check out the most popular latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses use air to support the sleeper overnight! Some of the best adjustable mattresses are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Find out more about them in our roundup of the the best air mattresses.
Selecting a mattress that helps mitigate pain is particularly important for sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that can help you with kinds of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest you look at the top mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or best mattresses for sciatica articles to know more about the best pain management options.
- If you want a durable value mattress, check out the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re interested in finding a high-quality bed which is worth the price, take a look at the best mattresses for the price.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, see our top mattresses that cost less than 1,000 or the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of mattresses that are cool to sleep on I would suggest you go with one of the following: latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase airflow, which is crucial for keeping the temperature at a minimum at night.
- My top breathable beds in our list of best cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lb) typically find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest for these sleepers to take a glance at best soft mattresses to ensure they have the pressure relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) require a mattress that provides an extra level of support to stop premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are typically the main concerns. For more information on how to select a mattress that suits your body check out our website to find the the best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique requirements for sleep! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for children..
- For seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional mattresses that offer support and mobility, but they are also gentle on joints. I suggest looking at our top mattress for seniors to find a feel that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have their own requirements for sleep, too! Learn more about how to choose a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a partner (or pet! ) it is essential to choose one that has low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the best mattresses for couples for some examples, as well as beds with impressive edge support, cooling features as well as other features that couples might take into consideration.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattress for sex can check out our guide for beds that are supple and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For Fat Guys FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this and it’s crucial to take your budget into account. Thankfully, there are great mattresses to be found at nearly every price point! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is usually considered to be one priced under $1000 for a Queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress can fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a good foundation or care for it in a rough way. It is also possible to extend the life of a mattress that is old for some time by using the mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s important to check its warranty, which can also give you an idea of the length it should last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back pain?
Many people suffering from back pain find the medium-firm or firm mattress is best for those with back pain. The type of mattress you choose will help you keep your spine straight during the night, which can help alleviate a lot of pain. If you are looking for a mattress that will ease your back pain, take a look at our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the most support. This is why they’re best off with mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses listed on this list it’s they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. To get a larger selection, they can always go through our selection of the best sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers fall on the other side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they usually prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. A majority of the mattresses on this list should be a great match for sleepers who prefer side sleeping especially those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Fat Guys