So you’re in the market to buy a brand new bed but have no idea where to start. Not only are there choices that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds of others circulating in the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So what’s the best mattress for 2022? Top Mattress For Extreme Lower Back Pain
Keep in mind that the term “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different types of sleepers require different features from a bed, so what’s best for one person will not work for another.
We have a variety of subjects in our mind while we made our top picks. We hope that the majority of users will be able get not only”the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the in-depth details of each bed, we’d like to share some details about how we came to choose these beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses in our mattress lab, putting each one through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer using seismometer. Then, we assign each mattress an overall score in accordance with the material as well as comfort, support cooling, and edge support. We also take into account brand performance with categories like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the top among the top, we took each bed’s overall score into account. Each mattress listed here has an overall score of 4/5 or more. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which have scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, it’s important to look for a bed that can tick all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support, cushioning pressure relief, and top-quality mattress materials that don’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of the more expensive models, but at an affordable cost. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil construction, it has a traditional innerspring feel , which is a good fit for a variety of sleepers. It also comes in three different firmness levels (Plush soft, Luxury Firm and Firm), which makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach and back sleepers are likely to be most comfortable on the Luxury and Firm versions. While those who sleep on their sides should prefer more of the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper you’ll be able to easily shift positions with any model, due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. The Saatva has even got an HD model made specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is its coils provide the mattress with an exceptional edge support. It should be possible to lie down or sit close to the edge of your mattress without feeling like it’s going to collapse or make you fall over. The only drawback to its springy nature is that it results in an extremely high amount of motion transfer which means that if you sleep with your partner, you might be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, particularly if one or both of you are the type of sleeper who is light.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made of natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have to worry about sleeping with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be one of the most well-known names in the mattress industry due to its flexibility. Customers can take a test on their sleep on the Helix website that takes their body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into account so that the company can suggest the best mattress for them.
If you’re a sleeper on the side, it’s likely that you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight — a medium-firm mattress that offers a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body, and it cradles sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders, which is vital for people who sleep on their side because it’s where they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be satisfied with this combination of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. As a hybrid that has a layer of pocketed coils below the foams, providing adequate support for 2 people. Although this can cause some bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to cause any major disturbance to either of you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who wants some extra plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking into Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with more foam layer. Also, you can check out more of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re convinced by the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For instance, Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress that packs a powerful quality of sleep without spending a lot of money.
Currently priced at under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts, this memory foam bed is built with 5″ of plush Gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of comfort and a deep body contour that can work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. They will also feel intense pressure relief and soft support around the shoulders and hips.
At the same time, the Nectar offers enough support thanks to the high-density foam beneath the back, which are likely to appreciate the moderate level of firmness. What’s more is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of movement across the structure and makes it a fantastic pick for couples. If you’re in the market of a mattress that’s super soft you should look into the brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional features and bells.
Sold on this great value mattress? Find a more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with someone else, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It comes in a Soft, Medium and Firm option, so most couples should be in a position to find a bed that works for their needs. All models have sturdy edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and solid motion-isolation, preventing you from feeling your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples must also be aware of cooling when choosing a new mattress, as two bodies produce much more heat to the body than one. However, this should not be a problem for the Signature model, which features a naturally cooling, similar to latex in the comfort layer. It also has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that have room for lots of airflow.
Another trait that should attract lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) and makes it an ideal mattress for sex. Also, it’s important to note it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand can pass on savings on to customers. This is what makes Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and all of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, but one that still has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds or more) is the case, you’ll need an appropriate mattress that can provide enough support. The WinkBed is available in four firmness levels including Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally the Plus. The Plus is made of reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These strengthened springs also result in stronger edge support allowing you to spread out to the edge to the edge of your bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers gentle pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and ample firmness thanks to its coil-like support layer. The mattress also offers zones of support (a mixture of soft and more firm foams, based on the area) to help you alleviate backaches and muscle pains, specifically in your back.
Outside of this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool to sleep. There’s a breathable cover made out of sustainable Tencel, and the coils permit a ton of airflow. This will help those who sleep more keep a low temperature through the entire night.
Do you think this is the mattress of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear will appeal to those looking for a firm and supportive mattress. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density foam in the middle, over which is a lighter layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s sufficient support for back sleepers, and they’ll also get a little bit of contouring from the cushion of comfort foam coated by graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does the covering made of breathable, light material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only notable feature of Celliant. There are studies that show it also promotes blood flow and could aid with recovery. The Bear a great fit for athletes or anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re ready to curl in the Bear, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require lots of support to ensure their spines are aligned, while also receiving the necessary pressure relief to prevent pain at the lower back. They might find a good combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that uses a tandem of memory foam, poly foam, and pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top mattress. At the same time, they’ll get a little bit of a hug from the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam has an infusion of cooling gel, keeping it from trapping heat as the traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make space for a lot of airflow.
If you do end up opting for the DreamCloud, know that it’s quite a heavy mattress, and it could be beneficial to assist in the process of moving it into your home (and possibly setup) when it arrives.
Have you bought you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are in search of a bed that will keep you cool at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the one you’re looking for. This mattress features cooling technology to draw your body’s warmth away from sleeping.
The first is an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric which draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the feel. Additionally, it has the gel memory foam, which is, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of comfort and relief from pain.
One other notable cooling feature: As a brand, GhostBed is well-known by its “Ghost Ice” cover on some mattress models. It is also made of a phase change material that assists in helping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only downside is it could be slippery, which is why you may want to use sheets that are fitted to your bed that keeps everything comfortable and cozy.
For feel In terms of comfort, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide those who sleep on their sides and backs an ideal combination of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its amazing motion absorption and the bounce (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your main concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent option. It combines soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which assists in keeping your spine within a healthy alignment and avoids back problems. In fact, the support is so robust that it could be an ideal option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
However, it’s not the only position that is suitable to sleep in the Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be at ease sleeping on your back. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the mattress and allow you to get some relief from pressure while your hips still feel comfortable and supported.
Hot sleepers will feel right at home in the Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil provides plenty of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made of what’s known as Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly comfortable and as an added feature, it features an extremely thin layer of cooling gel on the top. These features should aid in keeping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out the fact that it’s a receptive bed that doesn’t offer the more sluggish feel of memory foam. If you’re fond of the quicksand feel it might be a good idea to look elsewhere.
You think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Find us here to get our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils that provide an optimum blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s on the soft side and scored a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for an example, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This means that the Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who will feel fantastic pressure relief as their hips and shoulders slide into the comfortable layer.
It’s important to note that the comfort section is comprised of not just two, but one layer of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of them are made to keep the user cool, with the latter being a graphite-infused variant from the first Nolah AirFoam found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer mattresses that are soft might like the Nolah as it’s a comfy choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll get that mix of comfort and support we talked about, they’ll also be able stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Support Coils. At 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which holds up the sides of the bed as well as the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress you wanted above then you could benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Here are some of my suggestions based upon the type of body, age, sleep positions, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points in their shoulders and hips. Check out our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal combination of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line, and usually, that’s in a mattress that is medium-firm. You can find high-end choices in the best mattresses to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that will keep their hips in alignment in a straight line with the shoulders. Learn more about why that’s crucial in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are simple to move about and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with moderate firmness, such as the ones in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based upon coils to support. They often are firm and bouncy in feel and work well for back, stomach and combination sleepers. You can check out our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coils and foam, and their feel is different. Take a look at the top hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They make use of layers of foam that provide cushioning and support to the sleeper. They are the most popular type of all-foam mattress that offers a wide range of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Check out the best memory foam mattress to learn more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are typically made with environmentally friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncy. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy typically like these beds. Check out the most popular latex mattresses for more on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses use air to help sleepers throughout the night! A few of the most comfortable adjustable mattresses are advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our review of the best air mattresses.
The choice of a bed that reduces pain is particularly important for sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that could help with several kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing, I’d recommend looking at the most suitable mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the best sciatica mattresses articles to find out more about the best pain management options.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re looking at finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the price, take a look at the best mattresses for the money.
- If you’re on a strict budget, check out our best mattresses under $1,000 and the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for a mattress that sleeps cool I suggest an innerspring, latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote the circulation of air, and this is essential to keep the temperature low during the night.
- Here are my top mattresses that breathe in our roundup of best cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 pounds) are likely to find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that these sleepers take a glance at best soft mattresses to ensure that they get the pressure relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 100 lbs) require a mattress that provides extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. For more information on how to select the best mattress that suits your body, visit our page to find the the best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies with specific requirements for sleep! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for children..
- For seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer support and mobility, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattresses for older people to find a feel that will work well for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have specific requirements for sleep, as well! Learn more about how to choose a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you share a bed with a companion (or pet! ) it is essential to pick one that has low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the best mattresses for couples to get some ideas and beds that have impressive Edge support and cooling options and other requirements that couples could consider.
- Couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy are able to check out our guide for beds that are supple and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For Extreme Lower Back Pain FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here but it’s essential to take your personal budget into account. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses to be found at nearly every price point! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is generally considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your old mattress every 7-10 years. But, mattresses can sag prematurely if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it roughly. You can also extend the lifespan of a mattress that is old for a few months by adding an mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s essential to take a look at its warranty. This will also provide you with an idea of how long it will last.
What is the best mattress for back pain?
Many people suffering from back pain will find that a medium or firm mattress is ideal for them. The type of mattress you choose will assist you in keeping your spine straight overnight as well as help ease a lot of pain. To find a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, look through our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. With that in mind, they’re better off using a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses listed on this list that include the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. If they want a wider range, look through our list of the top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are on the opposite side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they usually prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. A majority of the mattresses in this list will be ideal for sleepers who prefer side sleeping especially those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Extreme Lower Back Pain