If you’re looking for a new mattress but don’t know where to start. Not only are there choices that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more rumbling around in the world of online bed-in-a box brands. So what’s the best bed for you in 2022? Top Mattress For Elderly Side Sleepers
Keep in mind that the concept of “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different types of sleepers require different features from their bed, so what’s best for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
This is why we kept a wide range of subjects in our mind while we made our top choices. Our hope is that most folks should be able to discover not only”the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the details of each of these beds We’d like to talk an overview of the method we used to select them.
At Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 products in our mattress lab. We’ve put each one through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with a seismometer. We then give each mattress an overall score based on materials, comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also consider quality of the mattress with categories like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the best among the top, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Every last mattress on this list has an overall score of 4 or above. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which were awarded an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you must choose a mattress that checks all the boxes. You want something with good support and pressure relief cushioning, and top-quality mattress materials that don’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva provides all the benefits of those costly models, but for an affordable cost. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil design, it features a traditional innerspring feeling that is an ideal fit to a wide range of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) that increases its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers will be the most comfortable on Luxury or Firm models. While those who sleep on their sides should prefer using the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers you’ll be able to easily change positions on any model, due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model designed specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva is that its coils offer the mattress an exceptional edge support. You should be able to lie down or sit close to the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s going to collapse or cause you to fall off. The only issue with its springy nature is that it causes an extremely high amount of motion transfer which means that if you sleep with your partner, you might sense each other’s movements at night, especially if one or the other is a light sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining a light on some of Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made with organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have to worry about sleeping near dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now among the top well-known names in the mattress industry because of its customization. Customers can take a test on their sleep through the Helix website that takes the body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into consideration , so that the company can suggest the ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side is likely to be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, which is a moderately firm mattress that gives an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body, and it cradles sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders, which is vital for people who sleep on their side because it’s where they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be happy with this combination of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. As a hybrid, there’s a layer of pockets beneath the foams that provide enough support for two people. While this also results in a tiny bit of bounce, it’s not enough to cause any major disturbance to the other person or you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, you should check into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with extra foam layers. You can also look at our other top-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re sold on the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you need to shell out a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For example the Nectar mattress is a great bargain that packs a powerful relaxation punch, without costing you a fortune.
The current price is less than 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts This memory foam mattress is made with 5″ of luxurious Gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of relaxation and body contouring that can work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They should also feel some immense pressure relief and soft support around the hips and shoulders.
In addition the Nectar has enough support in the high-density foam beneath the back, which will appreciate the moderate level of firmness. The best part is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion throughout the entire structure, making it a great option for couples. If you’re in the market for a bed that is super soft, they should check out the brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra alarms.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Find a cheaper deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with a partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples need. It comes in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm option, so most couples should be capable of finding the right bed for their needs. Each of them has solid edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and solid motion isolationthat keeps you from feeling your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples should be aware of cooling when looking for a new mattress, as two bodies emit more body heat than one. However, this isn’t a problem with the Signature, which has an naturally cool, similar to latex in the comfort layer. Additionally, it has a hybrid design with springs that can accommodate plenty of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to be attractive to lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to latex-like foam) and makes it a great mattress for sexual sex. Finally, it’s worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company can pass on savings on to customers. This is what makes it possible to make the Signature (and all of the products from the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds and above) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that will provide enough support. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four firmness levels including Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. The strengthened springs result in stronger edge support allowing you to spread out until the end to the edge of your bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers gentle pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as plenty of firm support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zones of support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, based on the location) to help you alleviate discomfort and pain, particularly for back pain.
Outside of the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool to sleep. The cover is breathable and made out of sustainable Tencel, and the coils permit an abundance of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier to keep their temperature at a minimum throughout the night.
Do you think this is the mattress of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear will appeal to those in search of a firm and comfortable bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density foam in the middle, followed by a thin layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be more than enough support here for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also benefit from a bit of contouring from a comfortable layer of memory foam infused by graphite. This keeps the mattress cool, and so does a covering made of breathable, light material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noteworthy aspect of Celliant. Some studies show that it can also improve blood flow and might help with recovery. It makes Bear an ideal choice for anyone who is active.
If you’re ready to curl up with Bear Bear, get our most affordable deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require a lot of support to keep their spines aligned, while also receiving the necessary pressure relief to prevent pain at the lower back. They might find a good combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress made up of a tandem of memory foam, poly foam with pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re sitting on top of the mattress. At the same time, they’ll get a little squeeze due to the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel, keeping it from trapping heat the way the traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you end up opting for the DreamCloud, know that it’s quite a heavy mattress, and it could be beneficial to assist you in the move into your home (and possibly setup) after it’s arrived.
Sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper looking for a mattress that will to cool down during the night The GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice that is right for you. This mattress features cooling technology to draw body heat away from the sleeper.
In the beginning, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special textile which draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the touch. Additionally, it has an underlying layer of gel memory foam that is, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of cushioning and pain relief.
Another notable cooling characteristic: As a brand, GhostBed is known as the brand that has their “Ghost Ice” cover for the majority mattress models. Also made with a Phase Change Material which helps the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only drawback is that it could be slippery, and you might want to use sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep it nice and snug.
For feel in terms of feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer side sleepers and back sleepers the perfect balance of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples due to its fantastic motion absorption and the bounce (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your primary concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent alternative. It blends soft top foams and supportive steel coilsthat assists in keeping the spine neutral alignment and avoids back problems. In fact the support is so solid that it can be an ideal alternative for those who weigh more than 250 lb.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only position that is suitable to sleep in this Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be very at ease sleeping on your back. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the mattress and allow you to get some relief from the pressure, while your hips still feel comfortable and supported.
Hot sleepers will feel comfortable on the Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design offers plenty of space for airflow, and the comfort layer is made of something called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely breathable and, as an additional bonus, it comes with a thin layer of cooling gel up top. All of these features will aid in keeping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out that this is a receptive mattress and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel of memory foam. If you’re a lover of the feeling of a quicksand it might be a good idea to consider a different bed.
Are you thinking that you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Find us here to get the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils that provide a mixture of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s on the soft side, scoring a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for the sake of context moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This is what makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who will feel fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips are sunk into the comfort layer.
It’s worth noting that this comfort section is made of not only one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of them are designed to keep the sleeper comfortable, the second being a graphite-infused variant of the original Nolah AirFoam found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like a soft mattress might also enjoy the Nolah as it’s a comfortable option for couples. It’s not just that they’ll get that mix of support and comfort we talked about, they’ll also be able stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco-Support Coils. With a height of 8′ the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam that supports both sides of the mattress, as well as the middle. This means that Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress you wanted above then you could benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my suggestions based upon body type as well as age, sleep position, and managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points in their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal combination of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain straight, and typically, they’ll find this in a mattress that is medium-firm. You can find high-end options in the best mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive bed that keeps their hips in alignment to their shoulders. Find out more about why this is important in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are simple to move about and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a an average-firm feel, similar to the ones in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based on coil support systems. They typically feature a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for back, stomach, and combination sleepers. We have a list of our best innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of foam and coil support, and their feel differs widely. Find the top hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They use layers of foam to both provide cushioning and support to the sleeper. Mattresses made of memory foam are favored type of all-foam mattress that provide a great body contouring and relief from pressure. Check out the best memory foam mattresses to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often made with environmentally friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay latex. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy often like these mattresses. Check out the top latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses utilize air to support the sleeper all night! A few of the most comfortable adjustable beds are the most advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our review of best air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that reduces the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that could help with several different kinds of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest looking into the best mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or best mattresses for sciatica articles to know more about pain management solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, check out the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re more interested in finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the price check out the most comfortable mattresses available for the price.
- If you’re on a strict budget, see our top mattresses for under $1,000 and the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for a mattress that sleeps cool I suggest one of the following: Latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage airflow, which is important for keeping a low temperature during the night.
- You can see my favorite breathable beds in our list of best mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lb) are likely to have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend those who sleep light to look at the top soft mattresses to make sure they get the pressure relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) require a mattress that provides additional support to avoid premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are typically the main concerns. To learn how to choose the right mattress for your body type, visit our page to find the top mattresses designed for heavy people.
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique sleep needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep health in our best mattresses for kids.
- The elderly (over 65) generally prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet are still gentle on sensitive joints. I suggest looking at our best mattresses for seniors to discover a feeling that works for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have their own requirements for sleep, as well! Learn more about how to choose the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a companion (or pet! ), it’s important to choose one that has low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses to get some ideas and beds that have impressive edges, cool options as well as other features that couples might consider.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattress for sex should browse our list of beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For Elderly Side Sleepers FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this but it’s essential to take your own budget into consideration. There are a variety of great mattresses at nearly every price point! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is generally considered to be one priced under $1000 for a Queen-sized.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress every 7-10 years. However, a mattress can sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also prolong the life of a mattress that is old for several months by putting on an mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, you need to take a look at the warranty. It will give you an idea of how long it will last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back pain?
Most people who struggle with back pain find that a medium or firm mattress is best for those with back pain. The type of mattress you choose will help you keep your spine straight throughout the night and can ease some of the discomfort. If you are looking for a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, look through our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the most support. In this regard, they’re advised to choose mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses on this list that include those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. For a more expansive selection, they can always look through our list of the best sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the best mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are at the other side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they usually prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. Many of the mattresses listed here should be an ideal fit for sleepers who prefer side sleeping particularly those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Elderly Side Sleepers