You’re looking for a new mattress but have no idea where to start. Not only are there choices that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds of others circulating in the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So what’s the best mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress For Elderly Side Sleeper
Keep in mind that the concept of “best” is a bit subjective. Different people require different things from their bed, so what is effective for one individual will not work for another.
We kept a wide range of subjects in our mind while we made our top picks. Our goal is that all users will be able discover not only an “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the details of each bed We’d like to talk an overview of the method we used to select them.
Here at Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models in our mattress lab, putting every mattress through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with seismometer. From there, we give each mattress an overall score according to the materials used and comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also consider the performance of the brand, like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the best out of them, we considered each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every last mattress listed here has an overall score of 4/5 or above. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which were awarded an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you must choose a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support as well as pressure relief that cushions and high-quality materials that aren’t going to break down too quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the benefits of those expensive models, but at an affordable cost. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil structure, it offers the traditional innerspring feel that should be an ideal fit for all types of sleepers. It also comes with three different levels of firmness (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm), which further widens its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers should be most comfortable on the Luxury and Firm versions while side sleepers should enjoy the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper will likely be able to quickly change positions on any model, because of the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. It even has an HD model made specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is that its coils provide the mattress with outstanding edge support. You should be able to sleep or sit close to the edge of your mattress and not feel like it’s about to fall down or make you fall over. The only downside to its springy nature is that it creates an extremely high amount of motion transfer so if you’re sleeping with your partner, you might sense each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either or the other is a light sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made with Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have the worry of sleeping in a room with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become an extremely recognizable names in the mattress industry due to its flexibility. Customers can take a test on their sleep on the Helix website and take the body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into consideration so that the brand can recommend the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper is likely to be directed towards the Helix Midnight — a medium-firm mattress that offers the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body, and it cradles sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders, which is vital for people who sleep on their side because that’s the place they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should be happy with this combination of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Because it’s a hybrid mattress that has a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, which creates adequate support for 2 people. Although this can cause a tiny bit of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to seriously disturb the other person or you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a side sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking for the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes more foam layer. It’s also possible to look at our other best-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you need to shell out a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. For example Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is a great bargain that packs a serious relaxation punch, without costing you a fortune.
At present, it is priced under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts This memory foam mattress is constructed by using 5″ of soft gel memory foam. This provides ample comfort and a deep body contour that can work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. They should also feel some intense pressure relief and cushions at the hips and shoulders.
At the same time, the Nectar has enough support in its high-density foam below for those who sleep on their backs, and will appreciate the moderate level of firmness. Additionally, the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion throughout the entire structure and makes it a fantastic pick for couples. If you’re in the market of a mattress that’s super soft and would like to know more about this brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional features and bells.
Are you happy with this value mattress? You can get a much better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with a partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples need. It comes in three different sizes: Soft, Medium, and Firm model which means that most couples will be able to find the bed that is right for them. All of the options have solid edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and a solid motion isolationthat keeps your partner from feeling every turn and toss.
Couples should consider cooling when looking for a new mattress, as two bodies produce greater body temperature than one. However, this isn’t a problem with the Signature model, which features a naturally cooling, similar to latex in the cushion layer. Additionally, it has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that have room for lots of airflow.
Another feature that will attract lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam) that makes it a good mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand is able to pass savings on to customers. This means that it possible to make the Signature (and all of the brand’s products) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that still has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds and above), then you need an appropriate mattress that can comfortably support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four firmness levels including Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then, the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These strengthened springs also result in extra-strong edge support, allowing you to spread out all the way to the end in the mattress.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers gentle pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as lots of support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zones of support (a combination of soft and more firm foams, based on the location) to help ease discomfort and pain, particularly for back pain.
Outside of it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool-sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made out of sustainable Tencel and the coils provide an abundance of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers maintain a cool temperature through the entire night.
Does this sound like the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our scale of firmness, the Bear is a good choice for those who are looking for a comfortable and supportive mattress. This comes from a thick layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is topped by a thinner layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s likely to be plenty of support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also get a little bit of contouring from a comfort layer of memory foam that’s filled by graphite. This keeps the mattress cool, and so does a covering made of breathable, light material known as Celliant.
However, it’s not the only notable aspect of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can also improve blood flow, which could help in the recovery process. It makes Bear a great fit for athletes or anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re looking to snuggle in your Bear, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require plenty of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned, while also receiving the necessary pressure relief to prevent pain in their lower back. They might find a good combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses an amalgamation with memory foam and poly foam, as well as pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top of the bed. In addition they’ll receive a squeeze by the foam memory.
The memory foam comes with cooling gel in the form of an infusion that prevents it from absorbing heat the way the traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you decide to opting for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a very heavy mattress, and it could be a good idea to help you with the move into your house (and possibly setup) when it arrives.
Sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot in search of a bed that will help to cool down during the night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress that is right for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology that draws the body’s heat from sleeping.
The first is an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special textile that draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the feel. Additionally, it has the gel memory foam which, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of comfort and relief from pain.
One other notable cooling feature is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is famous by the “Ghost Ice” cover on some their mattresses. It is also made of the Phase Change Material, it assists in helping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. Its only disadvantage is that it is a little slippery, and you might want to use an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep it comfortable and cozy.
In terms of feel in terms of feel, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer those who sleep on their sides and backs the perfect balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also an excellent choice for couples because of its amazing motion absorption and its bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If your main concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good option. It is a combination of soft top foams with sturdy steel coils that assists in keeping your spine in a healthy alignment and prevents back issues. Actually, the support is so sturdy that it might also be a good option for heavy sleepers over 250 lb.
However, it’s not the only option that works with this Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be comfortable lying on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into the bed and allow you to get some relief from pressure while your hips feel comfortable and supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel comfortable with this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer provides plenty of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is made with something called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely airy, and as an added bonus, it comes with an extremely thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on the top. All of these traits should assist in helping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out that this is a responsive bed and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel of memory foam. So if you’re a fan of the feeling of a quicksand, you may want to reconsider your options.
You think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Shop here for our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils that provide the perfect blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the softer side, scoring a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who will feel fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips slide into the comfort layer.
It’s important to note that this comfort section is made of not one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of them are designed to keep the sleeper comfortable, the former being a graphite-infused version from the first Nolah AirFoam found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like a soft mattress might also appreciate the Nolah, plus it’s also an ideal choice for couples. Not only will they experience the mix of comfort and support you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Coils. At 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech support foam, which is used to support the sides of the mattress, and also the middle. This means that you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you were looking for then you could benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Below are a few of my recommendations based on the type of body, age, sleep posture, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. Take a look at our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal balance of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain straight, and usually, that’s in the middle-firm range of mattresses. You can find high-end alternatives in the best mattresses for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that will keep their hips in alignment to their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s important in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are easy to move around on and switch positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a bouncy mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to the ones we have in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based upon coils to support. They usually feature a firm, bouncy feel and work well for back, stomach and combo sleepers. You can check out our top innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coil and foam support and their feeling is different. Take a look at the best hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They use layers of foam that cushion and support the sleeping person. Mattresses made of memory foam are popular type of all-foam mattress , which offers a wide range of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Take a look at the top memory foam mattresses to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed using eco-friendly Dunlop or Talalay latex foam. They are naturally cool and bouncey. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy often like these mattresses. Look over the most popular latex mattresses for more on this natural material.
- Air mattresses use air to provide support to the sleeper throughout the night! A few of the most comfortable adjustable mattresses are advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our review of best air mattresses.
Selecting a mattress that reduces pain is especially important sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that can help you with kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing, I’d recommend looking at the most suitable mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the best sciatica mattresses articles to find out more about the best pain management options.
- If you want a durable value mattress, take a look at the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re more interested in finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the price check out the most comfortable mattresses available for the price.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, check out our best mattresses under 1,000 as well as the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of mattresses that are cool to sleep on, I’d recommend opting for one of the following: mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage the circulation of air, and this is important for keeping the temperature at a minimum at night.
- You can see my favorite mattresses that breathe in our list of top cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lb) typically find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend for these sleepers to take a glance at most comfortable mattresses to ensure they have the pressure relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) require a mattress with an extra level of support to stop premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. To learn how to choose the right mattress for your body type go to our site for the best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Children are rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific sleeping needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our best mattresses for kids.
- For seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer support and mobility, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our best mattresses for seniors to find one that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have unique sleeping needs too! Learn more about choosing a comfortable mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you share a bed with a spouse (or pet! ), it’s important to choose one that has low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples for a few examples and mattresses that offer exceptional edge support, cooling options as well as other features that couples may take into consideration.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattresses for sex are able to browse our list of beds that are supple and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Mattress For Elderly Side Sleeper FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this, so it’s important to take your personal budget into consideration. There are a variety of great mattresses at all price points! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is generally considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress each 7-10 years. But, mattresses can be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it with care. You can also prolong the lifespan of an old mattress for several months by adding an mattress protector.
When you purchase a brand new bed, you need to take a look at the warranty. It will give you an idea of how long it should last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back discomfort?
The majority of people with back pain will find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is ideal for their back. This type of bed will aid in keeping your spine straight overnight and can ease many of the pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which can help with your specific back pain, look through our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. This is why they’re advised to choose mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses in this list that include the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. To get a larger choice, check out our roundup of the best sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the ideal mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are at the opposite side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they tend to prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. Many of the mattresses listed here should be a great match for those who sleep on their sides especially the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Elderly Side Sleeper