If you’re looking to buy a brand new bed, but aren’t sure where to begin. There are many options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more swirling in the world of online bed-in-a box brands. So what’s the best mattress for 2022? Top Mattress For Elderly Seniors
Remember that the concept of “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different types of sleepers require different features from their bed, so what is effective for one individual might not be suitable for someone else.
This is why we have a variety of subjects in our mind while making our top picks. Our goal is that all people will be able to get not only the “best” mattress however, but one that is most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the details of each of these beds we’d like to tell you a little bit about the method we used to choose the beds.
At Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models through our bed lab, running every one of them through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using the seismometer. Then, we assign each mattress an overall score in accordance with the material as well as comfort, support cooling, and edge support. We also take into account brand performance with categories like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent among the top, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into account. Every mattress in this list has an overall score of 4 or above. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which were awarded an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you should find a mattress that checks all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support and pressure relief cushioning, and quality mattress materials that don’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of expensive models, but at lower costs. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil structure, it offers an innerspring-like feel , which is an ideal fit to a wide range of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm) that makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach and back sleepers should be the most comfortable on Luxury or Firm models, while those who sleep on their sides should prefer the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers you’ll be able to quickly switch positions on any of the models due to the Saatva’s soft combination of support and comfort. It even has an HD model specially designed for sleepers who are heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva is that its coils offer the mattress exceptional edge support. It should be possible to lie down or sit near the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s going to fall over or cause you to slide off. The only issue with this springy mattress is the fact that it results in quite a lot of motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with your partner, you might be able to feel each other’s movements during the late at night, particularly if either (or both) is an eazy sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a the spotlight on Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made with organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need be concerned about sleeping in a room with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be an extremely well-known names in the mattress industry because of its customization. Customers can take a test on their sleep on the Helix website and take their body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration so that the company can suggest the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight — an average-firm mattress that provides an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body, and it cradles delicate areas like shoulders and hips, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides since this is where they place the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should be content with this mix of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Since it’s a hybrid with a mattress, it has pocketed coils below the foams that provide adequate support for 2 persons. This also causes the slightest amount of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to seriously disturb either of you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who needs a little more pressure relief, I’d suggest checking out the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes more foam layer. Also, you can look at our other top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you have to spend a fortune just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. As an example, it’s the Nectar mattress is a great bargain with a significant quality of sleep without costing you a fortune.
At present, it is priced under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts This memory foam mattress is made by using 5″ of soft gel memory foam. This provides ample sinkage and deep body-contouring which can be beneficial for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They will also feel immense pressure relief and cushiony support at the hips and shoulders.
In addition, the Nectar offers enough support thanks to its foam with high density below for those who sleep on their backs, and are likely to appreciate the moderate level of firmness. What’s more is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion across the mattress, making it a great pick for couples. And if anyone’s in search for a bed that is super soft and would like to know more about the brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional bells and whistles.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Get an even cheaper bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with your partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples need. It is available in a Soft, Medium and Firm version, so most couples should be in a position to find a bed that works for their preferences. All of the options have solid edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and a solid motion isolationthat keeps your partner from feeling every toss and turn.
Couples should also take cooling into consideration when looking for the best mattress for them, since two bodies give off more body heat than one. This shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature model, which features the naturally cooling latex-like foam that is in the cushion layer. Additionally, it has an innovative design that incorporates springs that allow for plenty of airflow.
Another feature that will appeal to lovebirds is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam) and makes it a good mattress for sexual sex. Finally, it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company can pass on savings onto the customer. This means that it possible to make the Signature (and any of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, though one that’s still a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 lb and over) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that’s going to adequately support you. The WinkBed is available in four firmness levels that include Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally the Plus. The Plus is made of reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These strengthened springs also result in a stronger edge support, permitting you to spread all the way to the edge in the mattress.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some gentle pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as lots of support from its coil-like support layer. It also provides zoned support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, depending on the area) to help ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically in your back.
Apart from this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed from eco-friendly Tencel and the coils provide plenty of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers keep a low temperature through the entire night.
Do you think this is the bed of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our scale of firmness, the Bear is a good choice for those in search of a firm and supportive bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is followed by a thin layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s sufficient support for back sleepers, and they’ll also benefit from a more contouring with the cushion of comfort foam coated with graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, and so does a cover of breathable, lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, it’s not the only notable characteristic of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can also improve blood flow and might help in recovering. It makes Bear an ideal choice for anyone who is active.
If you’re ready to curl up with Bear Bear, get our most affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need plenty of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure at low back. They might find a good combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that combines an amalgamation consisting of poly foam and pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than a medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re sitting on top of the mattress. While at the same time they’ll feel a bit of a hug due to the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam comes with an infusion of cooling gel that prevents it from absorbing heat as traditional memory foam does. And the bed’s coils make space for a lot of airflow.
If you do end up going for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it might be beneficial to help you with moving it into your home (and possibly setup) after it’s arrived.
Sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper looking for a mattress that will help cool you down at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice that is right for you. This mattress features cooling technology that draws the body’s heat from sleeping.
First, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special fabric which draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the touch. It also comes with a layer of gel memory foam which as well as being cool, provides plenty of cushioning and pain relief.
Another notable cooling characteristic is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is well-known as the brand that has the “Ghost Ice” cover on some mattress models. Additionally, it is made from a phase change material that aids in ensuring that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only downside is it could be slippery, which is why you may need to put an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep everything comfortable and cozy.
In terms of feel in terms of feel, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide side sleepers and back sleepers an ideal combination of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples due to its excellent motion absorption as well as its bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If your main concern is staying cool, you’ll love GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great alternative. It blends soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which aids in keeping your spine in a neutral alignment and avoids back problems. In fact the support is sturdy that it might also be a good option for heavy sleepers over 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only option to sleep in Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very comfortable sleeping on your side. Your shoulders should sink into the bed and allow you to get some refreshing pressure relief while your hips still feel supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel comfortable in this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer provides plenty of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is made with something called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely comfortable and, as an additional bonus, it comes with an extremely thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on top. All of these features will help you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out that this is a very responsive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling of memory foam. So if you’re a fan of the quicksand feel, you may want to consider a different bed.
Think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Find us here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils that provide the perfect blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the soft side and scored a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for an example, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who can expect to feel fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips sink into the cushion of comfort.
It’s important to note that this comfort section is composed of not only one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of them are designed to keep the sleeper cool, with the latter being a graphite-infused variation that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam that is found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who prefer mattresses that are soft might enjoy the Nolah as it’s a comfortable option for couples. It’s not just that they’ll get that mix of comfort and support we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Coils. at 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech support foam, which holds up the sides of the bed, as well as the middle. This means that Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you were looking for, you might benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Here are some of my suggestions based upon the type of body, age, sleep posture, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. We have compiled a list of the best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good combination of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and typically, they’ll find this in a medium-firm mattress. They can find some high-quality alternatives in the top mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm bed that keeps their hips aligned in a straight line with the shoulders. Learn more about why that’s essential in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are simple to move about and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to the ones in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built upon coils to support. They often are firm and bouncy in feel and work well for stomach, back, and combination sleepers. You can check out our top innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coil and foam support, and their feel differs widely. Find the best hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They employ layers of foam that cushion and help the sleeper. They are the most well-known kind of all-foam mattress which provide a great body contouring and relief from pressure. Take a look at the best memory foam mattresses to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed from environmentally friendly Dunlop and Talalay latex. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. Heavy people and sleepers in combination typically like these beds. Check out the best latex mattresses to learn more about this natural material.
- Air mattresses utilize air to provide support to the sleeper all night! Some of the most comfortable adjustable beds are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Learn more in our review of the top air mattresses.
Selecting a mattress that helps mitigate the pain is crucial for those who live with chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses which can ease different kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing, I’d recommend looking at the top pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the best sciatica mattresses articles to know more about the best pain management options.
- If you want a durable value mattress, take a look at the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the price, take a look at the best mattresses for the cost.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, see our best mattresses under $1000 and the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for mattresses that are cool to sleep on I suggest one of the following: Latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote the circulation of air, and this is essential for keeping a low temperature in the night.
- Here are my top mattresses that breathe in our roundup of the most comfortable mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 pounds) are likely to discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I would suggest that those who sleep light to review of the best soft mattresses to ensure they get the pressure relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over lb) need a bed that provides extra support to prevent the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are the most important considerations. For more information on how to select a mattress that is suitable for your body check out our website for top mattresses designed for heavy people.
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique sleeping needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- For seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional mattresses that offer support and mobility, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattresses for seniors to find one that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have unique sleeping needs too! Learn more about how to choose the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a spouse (or pet! ) it is essential to choose a mattress that features low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples for some examples, as well as beds that have impressive Edge support and cooling options and other requirements that couples could be thinking about.
- Also, couples looking for of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy are able to check out our guide for beds that are supple and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Mattress For Elderly Seniors FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here and it’s crucial to take your budget into consideration. There are a variety of great mattresses available in every price range! A budget mattress is usually considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your old mattress each 7-10 years. But, mattresses can sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also extend the life of an old mattress for several months by putting on a mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s important to check its warranty, which will also provide you with a good idea of the length it should last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back discomfort?
Many people suffering from back pain find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is best for those with back pain. This type of bed will assist you in keeping your spine straight overnight and can ease some of the pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which can help with your specific back pain, check out our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. This is why they’re better off using mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses in this list, those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. For a more expansive choice, look through our list of the top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are at the other side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they generally prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. Many of the mattresses in this list will be a great match for sleepers who prefer side sleeping, most notably Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Elderly Seniors