If you’re looking for a new mattress, but have no idea what to look for. Not only are there choices to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot of others circulating in the world of online bed-in-a box brands. What’s the most suitable mattress for 2022? Top Mattress For Dust Mite Allergy
Keep in mind that the term “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different people require different things of a mattress, and what is effective for one individual might not be suitable for someone else.
We kept a wide range of different categories when we made our top picks. We hope that the majority of users will be able get not only an “best” mattress and not just the one that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the nitty gritty of each bed, we’d like to share an overview of the method we used to select these beds.
Here at Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses in our mattress lab. We’ve put each one through tests like pressure mapping and assessing motion transfer using a seismometer. Then, we assign each bed an overall rating according to the materials used and comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also consider brand performance with categories like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the top out of them, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress listed here has an overall score of 4 out of 5 or above. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which have scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, it’s important to find a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support, cushioning pressure relief, and top-quality mattress materials that don’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva has all the benefits of those costly models, but for lower costs. With a durable coil-on-coil construction, it has the traditional innerspring feel , which is suitable for all types of sleepers. It also comes in three different firmness levels (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm), which further widens its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers should be most comfortable with the Luxury or Firm models, while side sleepers will appreciate the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination, they’ll likely be able to quickly shift positions with any of the models, due to the Saatva’s soft combination of support and comfort. The Saatva has even got an HD model designed specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva is that its coils provide the mattress with an exceptional edge support. You should be able to lie down or sit close to the edge of your mattress without feeling like it’s going to collapse or make you fall over. The only issue with the Saatva’s springiness is that it creates fairly high motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with a partner, you may sense each other’s movements at night, particularly if one (or both) is the type of sleeper who is light.
Finally, it’s worth shining a light on some of the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made of organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need the worry of sleeping in a room with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become one of the most notable names in the mattress game due to its flexibility. Customers are able to take a sleep test on the Helix website and take their body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into account so that the brand can recommend the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side sleeper is likely to be directed towards the Helix Midnight, which is a moderately firm mattress that gives a hug-like feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and cradles delicate areas like shoulders and hips, which is essential for side sleepers since this is where they place the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should be satisfied with this combination of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Because it’s a hybrid mattress that has a layer of pockets beneath the foams, which creates sufficient support to accommodate two people. While this also results in a tiny bit of bounce, it’s not enough to disturb the other person or you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, you should check for Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with additional foam layers. Also, you can look at our other top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. If you’re sold on the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you need to shell out a lot to get a good night’s Zzz’s. As an example, it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent bargain with a significant comfort punch without breaking the bank.
At present, it is priced under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts, this memory foam bed is made of 5″ of soft mattress made of gel. This gives you plenty of sinkage and deep body-contouring that could work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They should also feel some extreme pressure relief as well as cushiony support at the shoulders and hips.
At the same time, the Nectar has enough support in the high-density foam beneath for back sleepers, who should enjoy the medium firmness of the mattress. Additionally, the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion throughout the mattress, making it a great choice for couples. If you’re in the market for a bed that is super soft and would like to know more about the brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional bells and whistles.
Sold on this great value mattress? Find a better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with a partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples want. It is available in a Soft, Medium and Firm version, so most couples should be able to find the bed that is right for them. Each of them has sturdy edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and solid motion isolationthat keeps you from feeling your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples should consider cooling when shopping for the best mattress for them, since two bodies emit greater body temperature than one. But this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature mattress, which is made of an naturally cool, latex-like foam in the comfort layer. Additionally, it has an innovative design that incorporates springs that allow for a lot of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to appeal to lovebirds are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam), which makes it a good mattress for sexual sex. Finally, it’s worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company can pass on savings on to customers. This means that the Signature (and all of the products from the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that still has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds and above) and you’re looking for a mattress that will comfortably support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four firmness levels: Softer, Luxury Firm as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus. The Plus is made of reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These springs are strengthened, resulting in a stronger edge support, which allows you to spread to the end to the edge of your bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers gentle pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and lots of support from its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zones of support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, based on the location) to help ease aches and pains, especially in your back.
Outside of the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool-sleeping. The cover is breathable and made of eco-friendly Tencel and the coils permit plenty of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers to keep their temperature at a minimum all night long.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our firmness scale it is a Bear is a good choice for those who are looking for a comfortable and comfortable bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density foam at the bottom, over which is a lighter layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be sufficient support for back sleepers, and they’ll also receive a more contouring with the comfort layer of memory foam that’s infused by graphite. This keeps the mattress cool, as does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noticeable aspect of Celliant. There are studies that show it can increase blood flow, which could help in recovering. The Bear the perfect choice for athletes or anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re looking to snuggle in the Bear, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require a lot of support to ensure their spines are aligned, while also receiving the necessary pressure relief to prevent pain at their lower back. They could find a great combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress made up of a tandem of memory foam, poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re sitting on top of the mattress. While at the same time they’ll feel a bit of a hug due to the memory foam.
The memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel, keeping it from trapping heat the way the traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make space for a lot of airflow.
If you end up opting for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a very heavy bed, so it may be a good idea to help you with moving it into your home (and perhaps setting it up) when it arrives.
Have you bought the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot looking for a mattress that will to cool down during the night The GhostBed Luxe could be the one you’re looking for. This mattress is built with cooling technology that helps draw your body’s warmth away from sleeping.
The first is the infusion Phase Change Material, a special fabric that draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the touch. It also comes with the gel memory foam which, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of comfort and relief from pain.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy: As a brand, GhostBed is well-known for their “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on many of its mattresses. Additionally, it is made from a phase change material that assists in helping with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only downside is it is a little slippery, so you may prefer a fitted sheet on your bed that keeps everything neat and secure.
For feel in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer side sleepers and back sleepers the perfect combination of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples due to its amazing motion absorption and bounciness (a plus for sex).
If your main concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with this GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a good option. It blends soft top foams and sturdy steel coils that helps keep the spine balanced alignment and avoids back problems. In fact the support is so sturdy that it might also be a great alternative for those who weigh more than 250 pounds.
But it’s not the only option to sleep in the Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be very comfortable sleeping on your side. Your shoulders should sink into the mattress and give you some refreshing pressure relief and your hips should feel supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel comfortable in this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil provides plenty of room for airflow. The comfort layer is made with what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely breathable, and as an added bonus, it comes with a thin coating of cooling gel that is placed on over the top. All of these features will assist in helping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out it’s a very responsive bed that doesn’t offer the more sluggish feel that memory foam provides. If you’re fond of that quicksand feeling it might be a good idea to consider a different bed.
You think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Shop here for our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils that provide the perfect blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say it’s on the soft side, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for an example moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This is what makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides, who should feel some fantastic pressure relief as their hips and shoulders sink into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth noting that this comfort section is composed of not two, but one layer of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both are specifically designed to keep sleepers cool, with the former being a graphite-infused variant of the original Nolah AirFoam found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer an extra soft mattress may like the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfortable option for couples. They’ll not only experience the mix of comfort and support we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco-Support Coils. With a height of 8′ they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which holds up on the edges of the mattress, and also the middle. That means Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Is it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress you wanted above then you could benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Here are some of my recommendations based on your body type as well as age, sleep posture, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate combination of support and pressure relief to keep their spines in a straight line, and usually, that’s in a medium-firm mattress. You can find high-end options in the top mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that keeps their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Find out more about why this is important in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are simple to move around on and switch positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a bouncy mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to those in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely on coil support systems. They often feature a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for stomach, back, and combo sleepers. You can check out our best innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coil and foam support and their feeling differs widely. Check out the most popular hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They make use of layers of foam to cushion and help the sleeper. Memory foam mattresses are a well-known type of all-foam mattress that provide a great body contouring as well as pressure relieving. Look over the best memory foam mattress to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often made with eco-friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay latex foam. They are naturally cool and bouncey. Heavy people and sleepers in combination typically like these beds. Check out the top latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses use air to support the sleeper throughout the night! Some of the most comfortable adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our roundup of the top air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that reduces the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that could help with several different kinds of pain. Depending on what you need, I’d recommend looking at the top mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to find out more about the best pain management options.
- If you want a durable value mattress, take a look at the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the price consider looking at the most comfortable mattresses available for the price.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, check out our top mattresses for under 1,000 as well as the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I would suggest you go with a latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage airflow, which is essential for keeping a low temperature in the night.
- My top breathable beds in our list of best mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lbs) typically find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest those who sleep light to look at the top soft mattresses to ensure they have the pressure relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over lb) require a mattress that provides extra support to prevent the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are usually important concerns. To learn how to choose a mattress that is suitable for your body, visit our page for best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies with specific requirements for sleep! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for kids..
- For seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer support and mobility, but they are also gentle on joints. I suggest looking at our best mattresses for older adults to find one that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have specific sleep needs, as well! Learn more about choosing an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teens.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a partner (or pet! ), it’s important to pick an option that is low in motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the best mattresses for couples for a few examples, as well as beds with impressive Edge support and cooling features, and other needs that couples could be thinking about.
- Couples in search of the best mattresses for sex should check out our guide for beds that are supple and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Mattress For Dust Mite Allergy FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this, so it’s important to take your personal budget into consideration. Thankfully, there are great mattresses to be found at nearly every price point! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is typically considered one priced under $1000 for a Queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress at least every seven to ten years. But, mattresses can sag prematurely if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it with care. You can also extend the lifespan of a mattress several months by adding an mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, you need to look over the warranty. It will also provide you with a good idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back pain?
The majority of people with back pain will find that a medium or firm mattress is ideal for them. This type of bed will assist you in keeping your spine straight throughout the night and can ease a lot of back pain. If you are looking for a mattress that will ease your back pain, look through our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the most support. In this regard, they’re better off using a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses in this list that include those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. For a more expansive choice, check out our roundup of the top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are on the other side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they usually prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their shoulders hips. Many of the mattresses listed here should be ideal for side sleepers especially those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Dust Mite Allergy