You’re looking of a mattress but have no idea where to begin. Not only are there choices to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds of others circulating in the world of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So , what’s the ideal mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress For Degenerative Discs
Well, keep in mind that the term “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different people require different things from their bed, so what works for one person will not work for another.
This is why we kept a wide range of different categories when making our top picks. Our hope is that most people will be able to find not just an “best” mattress however, but one that is best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the nitty gritty of each bed we’d like to tell you some details about the process we used to choose the beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models in our mattress lab, putting every mattress through tests such as pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using a seismometer. Then, we assign each bed an overall rating in accordance with the material, comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also factor in brand performance with categories like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the best out of them, we took each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress in this list is rated 4 or more. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which were awarded an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you should look for a bed that can tick all the boxes. You want something with good support and pressure relief cushioning, and top-quality materials that aren’t going to fall apart too fast.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of the more costly models, but at an affordable cost. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil construction, it has a traditional innerspring feel that should be a good fit for a variety of sleepers. It’s also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm), which further widens its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers are likely to be most comfortable on the Luxury as well as the Firm model, while side sleepers will appreciate using the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper you’ll be able to change positions on any of the models, due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. The Saatva has even got an HD model specially designed for heavier sleepers.
Another added bonus of the Saatva is that its coils provide the mattress with exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to sit on or sleep close to the edge of your mattress without feeling like it’s going to fall over or cause you to fall off. The only issue with its springy nature is that it results in an extremely high amount of motion transfer which means that if you sleep with a partner, you may sense each other’s movements at night, especially if one (or both) are a light sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a the spotlight on the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made of organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have the worry of sleeping with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become among the top recognizable brands in the mattress market due to its flexibility. Customers can take a sleep quiz on the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleeping preferences, and many other factors into consideration so that the company can suggest the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper most likely, you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight, a moderately firm mattress that gives the feeling of a hug. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and supports sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders, which is essential for side sleepers since this is where they place the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers must also be content with this mix of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Since it’s a hybrid with a mattress, it has pocketed coils below the foams, providing sufficient support to accommodate two persons. This also causes the slightest amount of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to disturb either of you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who needs a little more pressure relief, I’d suggest checking out the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes additional foam layers. You can also look at our other best-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re convinced by this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it — mattresses can be incredibly expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. As an example the Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress with a significant quality of sleep without costing you a fortune.
Currently priced at under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts The memory foam bed is made of 5″ of plush Gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of comfort and a deep body contour that could work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They will also feel immense pressure relief and soft support around the shoulders and hips.
At the same time, the Nectar offers enough support thanks to the high-density foam beneath for those who sleep on their backs, and will appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. The best part is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion throughout the mattress and makes it a fantastic choice for couples. If anyone is in search of a super-soft bed you should look into Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra alarms.
Are you happy with this value mattress? You can get a much more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with a partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It is available in a Soft, Medium and Firm option, so most couples should be capable of finding the right bed for their preferences. Each of them has strong edges (which make the bed feel larger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing you from being a victim of your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples should also take cooling into consideration when looking for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies emit greater body temperature than one. This shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature, which has a naturally cooling, latex-like foam that is in its comfort layer. It also has an innovative design that incorporates springs that can accommodate lots of airflow.
Another feature that will attract lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to the latex-like foam), which makes it a good mattress for sexual sex. Finally, it’s worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand is able to pass savings to the consumer. This makes Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and every one of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, though one that has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 lb and over) is the case, you’ll need an appropriate mattress that can adequately support you. The WinkBed is available in four different levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s, the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These strengthened springs also result in stronger edge support allowing you to spread out until the edge in the mattress.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some mild pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as ample firmness from its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zones of support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, based on the region) to help you alleviate aches and pains, especially on your back.
Apart from this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool-sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed of eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils provide a ton of airflow. This will help those who sleep more to keep their temperature at a minimum throughout the night.
Does this sound like the bed of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our scale of firmness it is a Bear should appeal to folks who are looking for a comfortable and comfortable bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density foam in the middle, topped by a thinner layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s sufficient support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also receive a more contouring with the cushion of comfort foam that’s coated by graphite. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does the cover of breathable, lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noteworthy characteristic of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can also improve blood flow and could aid in recovering. This makes the Bear an ideal choice for athletes or anyone who is active.
If you’re ready to curl in the Bear, get our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need lots of support to ensure their spines are aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure to avoid pain in low back. They could find a great combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress made up of the combination consisting of poly foam, and pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top bed. At the same time, they’ll get a little touch of comfort due to the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam has an infusion of cooling gel, keeping it from trapping heat like traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils allow space for a lot of airflow.
If you decide to choosing the DreamCloud, know that it’s a very heavy mattress, and it could be a good idea to assist you in moving it into your home (and maybe even setting it up) once it arrives.
Sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot in search of a bed that will help to cool down during the night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the one for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology that draws body heat away from sleeping.
First, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that absorbs heat from the person sleeping and is cool to the skin. Additionally, it has the gel memory foam, which, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of cushioning and pain relief.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy: As a brand, GhostBed is famous for their “Ghost Ice” cover for some mattress models. Additionally, it is made from the Phase Change Material, it helps with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only drawback is that it is a little slippery, which is why you may want to use an upholstered sheet over your bed that keeps everything neat and secure.
In terms of comfort in terms of feel, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide those who sleep on their sides and backs the perfect balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also an excellent choice for couples because of its amazing motion absorption and its bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your primary concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great option. It combines soft top foams with supportive steel coils, which aids in keeping your spine within a balanced alignment and prevents back issues. In fact the support is solid that it can be a great option for people who sleep heavily over 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only suitable position that works with the Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be very at ease sleeping on your back. Your shoulders should sink into the mattress and give you some relief from the pressure, while your hips are supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel comfortable with the Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer offers plenty of space for airflow, and the comfort layer is made with what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely breathable, and as an added touch, it has a thin layer of cooling gel up over the top. All of these traits should aid in keeping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out the fact that it’s a receptive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feel like memory foam. If you’re a lover of the feeling of a quicksand, you may want to look elsewhere.
Think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Check out our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils to provide an optimum blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the softer side and scored a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for an example the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This means that Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side, who should feel some incredible pressure relief when their hips and shoulders slide into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth pointing out that this comfort section is made of not one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers, and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both are designed to keep the sleeper comfortable, the former being a graphite-infused version from the first Nolah AirFoam found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who prefer mattresses that are soft might appreciate the Nolah and it’s an ideal choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll feel that mixture of support and comfort that you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Support Coils. At 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which is used to support the sides of the bed, and also the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you were looking for then you could benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Here are some of my recommendations based on your body type and age, sleeping position, and managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points in their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate level of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line, and usually, that’s in the middle-firm range of mattresses. They can find some high-quality alternatives in the top mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that will keep their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Find out why this is essential in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move around and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with moderate firmness, such as the ones in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based upon coils to support. They usually have a firm, bouncy feel and work well for back, stomach and combination sleepers. We have a list of our top innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coils and foam and their feeling is different. Take a look at the best hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They employ layers of foam to both cushion and support the sleeping person. Memory foam mattresses are a well-known type of all-foam mattress , which offer a lot of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Look over the best mattress made of memory foam to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often made with environmentally friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay latex. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncy. Combination sleepers and heavy people often like these beds. Look over the most popular latex mattresses to learn more about this natural material.
- Air mattresses use air to provide support to the sleeper throughout the night! A few of the best adjustable mattresses are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Get more information in our roundup of the best air mattresses.
Selecting a mattress that helps mitigate pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that can help you with kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing, I’d recommend looking at the top pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and best mattresses for sciatica articles to know more about the best pain management options.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, check out the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re interested in finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the cost check out the best mattresses for the price.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, see our best mattresses under $1000 and the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for mattresses that are cool to sleep on I suggest an innerspring, Latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase the circulation of air, and this is crucial for keeping a low temperature in the night.
- You can see my favorite breathable beds in our list of the most comfortable mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lbs) will often discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I would suggest that these sleepers take a look at the best soft mattresses to ensure that they have the pressure relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 1 lb) require a mattress that offers extra support to prevent the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are the most important considerations. To find out how to pick the best mattress that is suitable for your body go to our site for top mattresses designed for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids have rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific sleeping needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for children..
- Seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional feeling mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet they are also gentle on joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattress for older people to discover a feeling that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have their own requirements for sleep, as well! Find out more about selecting the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you share a bed with a spouse (or pet! ) It is important to choose one that has low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the best mattresses for couples to get some ideas including beds with impressive Edge support and cooling options as well as other features that couples may take into consideration.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattresses for sex are able to look through our guide to mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Mattress For Degenerative Discs FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here and it’s crucial to take your personal budget into account. Thankfully, there are great mattresses to be found in every price range! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is typically considered one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your old mattress every 7-10 years. However, a mattress can sag prematurely if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it with care. It is also possible to extend the life of an old mattress for several months by putting on a mattress protector.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s important to look over the warranty. It will also provide you with an idea of how long it will last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back pain?
The majority of people with back pain find that a medium or firm mattress is the best choice for their back. The type of mattress you choose will assist you in keeping your spine straight throughout the night as well as help ease a lot of discomfort. To find a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, take a look at our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the most support. With that in mind, they’re best off with mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses listed on this list, the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. To get a larger choice, check out our roundup of the best mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are at the other end of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they generally prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. Many of the mattresses in this list will be ideal for those who sleep on their sides, most notably those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Degenerative Discs