You’re looking to buy a brand new bed but have no idea where to start. Not only are there choices available at brick and mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot of others circulating in the world of online bed-in-a box brands. So what’s the best mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress For Degenerative Disc Disease
Remember that the concept of “best” is somewhat subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics from their bed, so what is effective for one individual might not be suitable for someone else.
This is why we made sure to keep a broad range of categories in mind when making our top choices. Our goal is that all people will be able to discover not only”the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the details of each bed we’d like to tell you an overview of the method we used to select the beds.
Here at Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses within our lab for mattresses, putting each one through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer using a seismometer. Then, we assign each mattress an overall score in accordance with the material and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also take into account quality of the mattress with categories such as value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the top out of them, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress on this list is rated 4 or above. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which have scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you should find a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support as well as pressure relief that cushions and high-quality mattress materials that don’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva provides all the benefits of those expensive models, but at lower costs. With a durable coil-on-coil construction, it has a traditional innerspring feel , which is an ideal fit for all types of sleepers. It also comes with three different levels of firmness (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) that makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Back and stomach sleepers should be the most comfortable with the Luxury or Firm models, while side sleepers will appreciate the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers will likely be able to easily switch positions on any of the models, thanks to the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. It even has an HD model designed specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is that its coils provide the mattress with exceptional edge support. It should be possible to sleep or sit close to the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s about to fall down or make you fall over. The only drawback to the Saatva’s springiness is that it causes an extremely high amount of motion transfer which means that if you sleep with your partner, you might sense each other’s movements at night, particularly if one or both of you is an eazy sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining a light on some of Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made of organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need the worry of sleeping near harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be an extremely well-known names in the mattress industry due to its customizable. Customers can take a sleep quiz through the Helix website, which takes the body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into consideration so that the brand can recommend the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight — a moderately firm mattress that gives the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and cradles vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders. This is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because that’s the place they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be satisfied with this combination of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Because it’s a hybrid mattress, there’s a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams that provide adequate support for 2 persons. This also causes the slightest amount of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to cause any major disturbance to either of you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking for the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with additional foam layers. Also, you can look at our other best-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or buts about it — mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you have to spend a fortune just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. As an example it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent value buy with a significant comfort punch without costing you a fortune.
The current price is less than 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts The memory foam bed is built with 5″ of luxurious mattress made of gel. This provides ample sinkage and deep body-contouring that can work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They should also feel some extreme pressure relief as well as soft support around the hips and shoulders.
However, the Nectar offers enough support thanks to its high-density foam below for back sleepers, who are likely to appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. The best part is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion across the mattress, making it a great choice for couples. If you’re in the market of a mattress that’s super soft, they should check out this brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional features and bells.
Sold on this great value mattress? Find a better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with someone else and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples need. It is available in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm version which means that most couples will be able to find the bed that is right for their needs. Each of them has sturdy edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and solid motion isolation, keeping your partner from feeling every turn and toss.
Couples must also be aware of cooling when looking for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies emit more body heat than one. But this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature model, which features the naturally cooling latex-like foam that is in the comfort layer. Additionally, it has an innovative design that incorporates springs that allow for a lot of airflow.
Another feature that will appeal to lovebirds will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) that makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex. Also, it’s important to note that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand is able to pass savings onto the customer. This makes the Signature (and every one of the brand’s products) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, but one that’s still a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds and above) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that will comfortably support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four different levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally, the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils that are designed to support heavier people. These strengthened springs also result in a stronger edge support, which allows you to spread all the way to the edge in the mattress.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides mild pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and lots of support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zones of support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, depending on the region) to help you alleviate aches and pains, especially in your back.
Outside of it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool-sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made out of sustainable Tencel and the coils provide an abundance of airflow. This will help those who sleep more maintain a cool temperature all night long.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our scale of firmness, the Bear is a good choice for those looking for a firm and supportive bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam on the bottom. It is topped by a thinner layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be plenty of support for back sleepers, and they’ll also receive a shape from the cushion of comfort foam coated by graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, as does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noticeable feature of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can also improve blood flow and could aid in recovering. It makes Bear a great fit for athletes or anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re looking to snuggle up with Bear Bear, get our top deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require plenty of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned while also getting requisite pressure relief to prevent pain at their lower back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress made up of an amalgamation consisting of poly foam with pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a little more firm than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top of the mattress. At the same time they’ll feel a touch of comfort from the memory foam.
The memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel, keeping it from trapping heat as traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you decide to choosing the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a very heavy mattress, and it could be a good idea to assist in the process of the move into your house (and perhaps setting it up) when it arrives.
Sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot in search of a bed that can help keep you cool at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the one for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology that helps draw body heat away from sleeping.
First, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special fabric which draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the feel. It also has the gel memory foam which as well as being cool, provides plenty of comfort and cushioning.
Another notable cooling characteristic: As a brand, GhostBed is famous for their “Ghost Ice” cover on the majority mattress models. Also made with the Phase Change Material that assists in helping to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only drawback is that it could be slippery, which is why you may need to put a fitted sheet on your bed to keep everything nice and snug.
In terms of feel In terms of comfort, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide those who sleep on their sides and backs an ideal balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also an excellent choice for couples due to its amazing motion absorption and bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If your main concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good alternative. It combines soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which aids in keeping the spine healthy alignment and prevents back issues. In fact the support is so solid that it can be a great option for people who sleep heavily over 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only option that works with this Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be comfortable lying on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into your bed and give you some relief from the pressure, and your hips should feel comfortable and supported.
Hot sleepers will feel comfortable with this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer provides plenty of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is made with what’s called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly airy, and as an added bonus, it comes with an extremely thin layer of cooling gel on top. All of these traits should aid in keeping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out that this is a responsive bed that doesn’t offer the more sluggish feel that memory foam provides. If you’re a lover of the feeling of a quicksand then you might want to look elsewhere.
You think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Check out our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils for an optimum blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the softer side, scoring a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example medium firm is 6.5/10). This means that Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side, who should feel some fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips are sunk into the comfort layer.
It’s important to note that this comfort section is made of not two, but one layer of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of these materials are designed to keep the sleeper cool, with the second being a graphite-infused version of the original Nolah AirFoam used in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like a soft mattress might also appreciate the Nolah as it’s a comfortable option for couples. It’s not just that they’ll get that mix of comfort and support you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Support Coils. With a height of 8′ they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which holds up the sides of the bed, as well as the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you liked then you could benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Here are some of my suggestions based upon your body type and age, sleeping position, and managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points in their hips and shoulders. Check out our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate balance of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain straight, and typically, they’ll find this in a mattress that is medium-firm. There are some top-quality alternatives in the top mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that will keep their hips aligned with their shoulders. Find out why this is crucial in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move about and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a mattress that is bouncy and has a a medium-firm feel, like the ones we have in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based on coil support systems. They usually have a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for back, stomach, and mixed sleepers. You can check out our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coil and foam support and their comfort varies widely. Take a look at the best hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They employ layers of foam to both provide cushioning and support to the sleeper. They are the most favored kind of all-foam mattress which offer a lot of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Take a look at the best memory foam mattresses to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually made with environmentally friendly Dunlop or Talalay latex foam. They are naturally cool and bouncy. Combination sleepers and heavy people often like these beds. Take a look at the best latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses use air to support the sleeper overnight! Some of the top adjustable mattresses are advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our review of best air mattresses.
The choice of a bed that can help ease pain is particularly important for sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that could help with several different kinds of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest you look at the best pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the best sciatica mattresses articles to know more about the best pain management options.
- If you want a durable value mattress, check out the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the cost, take a look at the top mattresses for your cost.
- If you’re on a tight budget, see our best mattresses under $1000 as well as the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for mattresses that are cool to sleep on I suggest an innerspring, Latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase ventilation, which can be important to keep the temperature low in the night.
- My top air-conditioned beds in our roundup of top cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lbs) will often find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend these sleepers take a review of the best soft mattresses to ensure they have the pressure relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) need a bed with extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are the most important considerations. For more information on how to select the right mattress that suits your body check out our website to find the top mattresses designed for people who are heavy..
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique sleep needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep health in our best mattresses for kids.
- Seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional mattresses that offer mobility and support, but they are also gentle on joints. I suggest looking at our top mattresses for older adults to find a feel that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have their own sleeping needs too! Find out more about selecting the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you share a bed with a partner (or pet! ), it’s important to choose a mattress that features low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the most suitable mattresses for couples to get some ideas and beds that have impressive edge support, cooling features, and other needs that couples may consider.
- Couples in search of the best mattresses for sex are able to browse our list of beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Mattress For Degenerative Disc Disease FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here and it’s crucial to take your own budget into account. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses available at all price points! Overall, a budget mattress is usually considered to be one priced under $1000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least each 7-10 years. But, mattresses can fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it with care. It is also possible to extend the life of a mattress some time by putting on a mattress protector.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s important to look over its warranty, which will also provide you with a good idea of the length it should last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back stiffness?
The majority of people with back pain find the medium-firm or firm mattress is best for those with back pain. This type of bed will assist you in keeping your spine straight throughout the night and can ease some of the discomfort. To find a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, look through our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re best off with mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses listed on this list, those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. For a more expansive choice, check out our roundup of the best mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are at the other side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they usually prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. Many of the mattresses on this list should be an ideal fit for those who sleep on their sides especially those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Degenerative Disc Disease