If you’re looking for a new mattress, but aren’t sure where to begin. There are plenty of options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more swirling in the world of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So , what’s the ideal mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress For Degenerative Arthritis
Well, keep in mind that the concept of “best” is somewhat subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features from their bed, so what works for one person may not work for another.
That’s why we have a variety of different categories when presenting our top choices. Our goal is that all folks should be able to find not just the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the in-depth details of each of these beds, we’d like to share a little bit about the method we used to select the beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 products within our lab for mattresses. We’ve put every mattress through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer using a seismometer. We then give every bed an overall score according to the materials used and comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also factor in quality of the mattress with categories like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the top out of them, we took each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress in this list is rated 4/5 or higher. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which have scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, it’s important to look for a bed that checks all the boxes. You want something with good support, cushioning pressure relief, and top-quality materials that aren’t going to break down too quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the benefits of those costly models, but for lower costs. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil structure, it offers an innerspring-like feel that should be an ideal fit for a variety of sleepers. It also comes in three different firmness levels (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) and makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Back and stomach sleepers are likely to be most comfortable on the Luxury or Firm models while those who sleep on their sides should prefer the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination will likely be able to shift positions with any model, due to the Saatva’s soft combination of support and comfort. It even has an HD model specially designed for those who sleep heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is that its coils provide the mattress with outstanding edge support. You should be able to sit on or sleep close to the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s about to fall down or cause you to fall off. The only issue with its springy nature is that it creates fairly high motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with an individual, you could be able to feel each other’s movements during the late at night, particularly if either or the other is the type of sleeper who is light.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made with Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have the worry of sleeping near dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be an extremely well-known brands in the mattress market because of its customization. Customers can take a sleep quiz through the Helix website and take their body type, sleeping preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration so that the company can suggest the ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side most likely, you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, which is a moderately firm mattress that gives the feeling of a hug. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and supports vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because it’s where they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should be satisfied with this combination of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Because it’s a hybrid mattress, there’s a layer of pockets beneath the foams, providing sufficient support to accommodate two people. Although this can cause a tiny bit of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to seriously disturb either of you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking for the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes extra foam layers. You can also take a look at other of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For instance, the Nectar mattress is a great bargain with a significant comfort punch without costing you a fortune.
At present, it is priced under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts, this memory foam bed is built of 5″ of luxurious gel memory foam. This provides ample comfort and a deep body contour which can be beneficial for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They will also feel extreme pressure relief as well as soft support around the shoulders and hips.
At the same time it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar has enough support in the high-density foam beneath for those who sleep on their backs, and are likely to appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. Additionally, the memory foam absorbs a ton of movement across the structure which makes it an ideal choice for couples. And if anyone’s in search for a bed that is super soft, they should check out the brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional features and bells.
Sold on this great value mattress? Find a cheaper bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with someone else and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It comes in a Medium, Soft, and Firm model and most couples will be in a position to find the right bed for their preferences. All of the options have solid edges (which make the bed feel larger) and a solid motion isolation, keeping your partner from feeling every turn and toss.
Couples must also take cooling into consideration when choosing an appropriate mattress, because two bodies produce more body heat than one. This isn’t a problem with the Signature mattress, which is made of the naturally cooling similar to latex in its comfort layer. It also has a hybrid design with springs that have room for plenty of airflow.
Another feature that will appeal to lovebirds are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam), which makes it a great mattress for sexual sex. It’s also worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company is able to pass savings on to customers. This means that it possible to make the Signature (and every one of the other products by the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, but one that still has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds or more), then you need a mattress that will provide enough support. The WinkBed is available in four different levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm, Firmer, and finally the Plus. The Plus is constructed with steel reinforced coils designed for heavier folks. These strengthened springs also result in extra-strong edge support, permitting you to spread until the very end to the edge of your bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some soft pressure relief thanks to its quilted pillow-top layer and ample firmness thanks to its coil-like support layer. The mattress also offers zoned support (a combination of soft and more firm foams, based on the region) to ease discomfort and pain, particularly in your back.
In addition to the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool-sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made out of sustainable Tencel, and the coils allow for an abundance of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier keep a low temperature through the entire night.
Do you think this is the mattress of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our scale of firmness, the Bear will appeal to those who are looking for a comfortable and supportive bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density support foam on the bottom. It is over which is a lighter layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s plenty of support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also benefit from a more contouring with the comfortable layer of memory foam that’s filled with graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, as does the cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noteworthy feature of Celliant. There are studies that show it can increase blood flow, which could help with recovery. The Bear the perfect choice for athletes or anyone who is active.
If you’re eager to curl up on your Bear, get our top bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need lots of support to keep their spines aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure to avoid pain in their lower back. They might find a good combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress made up of the combination consisting of poly foam, with pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud slightly firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top of the bed. In addition they’ll feel a bit of a hug due to the memory foam.
The memory foam is infused with cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat the way traditional memory foam does. And the bed’s coils make room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you do end up choosing the DreamCloud, know that it’s a hefty mattress, and it could be beneficial to help you with getting it in your house (and possibly setup) when it arrives.
Are you sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are seeking a bed that will to cool down during the night The GhostBed Luxe could be the one for you. This mattress features cooling technology that helps draw body heat away from the sleeper.
First, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special fabric that absorbs heat from the sleeping person and feels cool to the touch. It also has the gel memory foam that as well as being cool, also provides lots of comfort and relief from pain.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy: As a brand, GhostBed is famous as the brand that has their “Ghost Ice” cover on the majority of its mattresses. Also made with a Phase Change Material, it helps with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only drawback is that it is a little slippery, so you may prefer sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep everything nice and snug.
For feel in terms of feel, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide the back and side sleepers the perfect combination of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its amazing motion absorption and its bounciness (a plus for sex).
If your main concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent alternative. It combines soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat assists in keeping your spine within a healthy alignment and avoids back problems. In fact the support is so robust that it could be a great option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
However, it’s not the only position that is suitable that works with this Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very at ease sleeping on your back. The shoulders ought to sink down into the bed and give you some relief from the pressure, while your hips still are supported.
Hot sleepers will feel comfortable on this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer offers plenty of space for airflow, and the comfort layer is made of what’s known as Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly airy and as an added touch, it has a thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on over the top. These features should assist in helping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note it’s a responsive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel of memory foam. If you’re fond of the feeling of a quicksand then you might want to reconsider your options.
You think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Check out our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils for a mixture of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say that it’s a bit soft, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context medium firm is 6.5/10). This is what makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who can expect to feel incredible pressure relief when their hips and shoulders are sunk into the comfort layer.
It’s important to note that this comfort section is comprised of not just one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of them are designed to keep the sleeper comfortable, the former being a graphite-infused variation of the original Nolah AirFoam used in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who like an extra soft mattress may enjoy the Nolah as it’s a comfortable option for couples. They’ll not only feel that mixture of support and comfort that you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco-Support Coils. At 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech support foam, which is used to support both sides of the mattress, and also the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you liked it, you may want to consider one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Here are some of my suggestions based on body type and age, sleeping positions, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points in their shoulders and hips. We have compiled a list of the best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal balance of support and pressure relief to keep their spines in a straight line, and they’ll typically find that in a mattress that is medium-firm. They can find some high-quality alternatives in the best mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that will keep their hips in alignment to their shoulders. Find out more about why this is crucial in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are simple to move about and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with moderate firmness, such as the ones in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built in coil systems to provide support. They usually feature a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for stomach, back, and mixed sleepers. We have a list of our top innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coils and foam, and their feel varies widely. Find the top hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They use layers of foam to both cushion and help the sleeper. They are the most favored kind of all-foam mattress which offer a lot of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Take a look at the most comfortable memory foam mattresses to find out more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are typically made with green Dunlop or Talalay Latex Foam. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. Combination sleepers and heavy people often like these beds. Look over the most popular latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses utilize air to provide support to the sleeper overnight! A few of the top adjustable mattresses are advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our roundup of best air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that reduces pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that can help you with different kinds of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest you look at the best pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to know more about pain relief solutions.
- If you want a durable value mattress, check out the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re more interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the cost check out the best mattresses for the cost.
- If you’re on a strict budget, take a look at our top mattresses that cost less than $1,000 as well as the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for mattresses that are cool to sleep on I would suggest you go with an innerspring, latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage ventilation, which can be important for keeping the temperature at a minimum in the night.
- Here are my top mattresses that breathe in our roundup of the most comfortable cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 pounds) will often find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that those who sleep light to review of the best soft mattresses to make sure they receive the relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 100 lbs) require a mattress that offers an extra level of support to stop premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are the most important considerations. To find out how to pick the right mattress that is suitable for your body go to our site to find the best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies , each with unique sleep needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for children..
- The elderly (over 65) generally prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide mobility and support, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I suggest looking at our top mattress for older adults to find one that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have their own sleep needs, too! Find out more about selecting a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a companion (or pet! ), it’s important to pick a mattress that features low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the best mattresses for couples for a few examples and beds that have impressive edge support, cooling options as well as other features that couples may consider.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattress for sex should look through our guide to beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For Degenerative Arthritis FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this and it’s crucial to take your own budget into account. Thankfully, there are great mattresses at nearly every price point! A budget mattress is generally considered to be one priced under $1000 for a Queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress can be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a good foundation or treat it with care. You can also prolong the lifespan of a mattress some time by using the mattress protector.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s important to check its warranty, which will also provide you with a good idea of the length it will last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back pain?
Many people suffering from back pain discover the medium-firm or firm mattress is ideal for their back. This kind of bed can aid in keeping your spine straight throughout the night and can ease many of the back pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which will ease your back pain, look through our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the most support. With that in mind, they’re advised to choose mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses listed on this list, the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. For a more expansive choice, check out our roundup of the best mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers fall on the opposite side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they generally prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their shoulders hips. A majority of the mattresses listed here should be an ideal fit for side sleepers particularly those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Degenerative Arthritis