So you’re in the market for a new mattress but have no idea where to begin. There are plenty of options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds of others circulating within the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So , what’s the ideal mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress For Deep Sleep
Well, keep in mind that the concept of “best” is somewhat subjective. Different people require different things from a bed, so what’s best for one person will not work for another.
We have a variety of subjects in our mind while presenting our top choices. We hope that the majority of users will be able get not only”the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the in-depth details of each of these beds We’d like to talk some details about the process we used to select them.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattresses within our lab for mattresses. We’ve put every mattress through tests such as pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using a seismometer. Then, we assign each mattress an overall score according to the materials used, comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also take into account quality of the mattress with categories such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the best out of them, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into account. Every mattress on this list is rated 4/5 or higher. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which were awarded an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you should look for a bed that checks all the boxes. You want something with good support, cushioning pressure relief, and top-quality materials that won’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva has all the advantages of the more costly models, but at a more affordable price. With a durable coil-on-coil design, it features the traditional innerspring feel , which is suitable to a wide range of sleepers. It’s also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm), which further widens its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers will be most comfortable on Luxury or Firm models, while side sleepers should enjoy using the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper, they’ll likely be able to change positions on any model, due to the Saatva’s soft combination of support and comfort. There’s even an HD model designed specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is its coils give the bed an exceptional edge support. You should be able to lie down or sit near the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s about to fall down or cause you to fall off. The only downside to the Saatva’s springiness is that it creates quite a lot of motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with your partner, you might feel each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either or both of you are a light sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a a light on some of the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made from Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have the worry of sleeping in a room with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become among the top recognizable brands in the mattress market due to its flexibility. Customers can take a sleep quiz via the Helix website that takes their body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into consideration , so that the company can suggest the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side is likely to be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, which is a moderately firm mattress that gives a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body, and it cradles sensitive areas like the shoulders and hips, which is essential for side sleepers because that’s the place they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should also be content with this mix of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. As a hybrid that has a layer of pockets beneath the foams, providing adequate support for 2 people. While this also results in a tiny bit of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to cause any major disturbance to the other person or you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sex.
If you’re a side sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, you should check into Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with extra foam layers. Also, you can look at our other top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it — mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For example it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent bargain with a significant quality of sleep without spending a lot of money.
The current price is less than $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts The memory foam bed is constructed by using 5″ of soft Gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of sinkage and deep body-contouring that can work wonders for side sleepers. You should also feel extreme pressure relief as well as soft support around the hips and shoulders.
However, the Nectar provides enough support with its high-density foam below for back sleepers, who should enjoy the medium level of firmness. Additionally, the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion across the mattress which makes it an ideal choice for couples. If you’re in the market of a super-soft bed and would like to know more about this brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra features and bells.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Find a more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with a partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It is available in a Medium, Soft and Firm option which means that most couples will be capable of finding a bed that works for their needs. All of the options have strong edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and solid motion isolation, keeping your partner from feeling every turn and toss.
Couples should also be aware of cooling when shopping for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies emit more body heat than one. This should not be a problem for the Signature model, which features a naturally cooling, similar to latex in its comfort layer. Additionally, it has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that have room for lots of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to be attractive to lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam) and makes it a great mattress for sex. Also, it’s important to note the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company is able to pass savings to the consumer. This makes the Signature (and any of the products from the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 lb and over) and you’re looking for an appropriate mattress that can provide enough support. The WinkBed is available with four levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm, Firmer, and finally the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These strengthened springs also result in a stronger edge support, allowing you to spread out all the way to the edge to the edge of your bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides mild pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as lots of support from its coil-like support layer. The mattress also offers zones of support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, based on the region) to help ease aches and pains, especially for back pain.
In addition to it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils allow for plenty of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier to keep their temperature at a minimum through the entire night.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our scale of firmness it is a Bear should appeal to folks looking for a firm and supportive bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density foam at the bottom, over which is a lighter layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s sufficient support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also get a little more contouring with the comfort layer of memory foam filled by graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only notable characteristic of Celliant. Some studies show that it also promotes blood flow and could aid in recovering. It makes Bear a great fit for athletes or anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re ready to curl up with the Bear, get our most affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require plenty of support to keep their spines aligned and also get the pressure relief to prevent pain at their lower back. They may find a winning combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that uses the combination of memory foam, poly foam with pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top of the bed. While at the same time they’ll feel a squeeze by the foam memory.
The memory foam comes with cooling gel in the form of an infusion that prevents it from absorbing heat as traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils allow space for a lot of airflow.
If you end up going for the DreamCloud, know that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it may be a good idea to assist you in moving it into your house (and maybe even setting it up) once it arrives.
Sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are seeking a bed that will help keep you cool at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress that is right for you. This mattress features cooling technology that helps draw the body’s heat from sleeping.
First, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special textile that absorbs heat from the sleeper and feels cool to the feel. Additionally, it has the gel memory foam that is, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of comfort and relief from pain.
Another notable cooling characteristic is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is well-known by the “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on some their mattresses. Additionally, it is made from a Phase Change Material which helps to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only drawback is that it can be a bit slippery, so you may need to put a fitted sheet on your bed that keeps everything neat and secure.
In terms of comfort in terms of feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide side sleepers and back sleepers a balance of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples because of its excellent motion absorption as well as the bounce (a plus for sex).
If you’re primarily concerned with maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good option. It is a combination of soft top foams and sturdy steel coils that helps keep the spine balanced position and helps prevent back pain. Actually the support is so sturdy that it might also be a great option for heavy sleepers over 250 pounds.
But it’s not the only option to sleep in Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel comfortable sleeping on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into your bed and allow you to get some relief from pressure and your hips should feel supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will be comfortable in the Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design has a lot of room for airflow. The comfort layer is made with what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely airy and, as an additional feature, it features a thin coating of cooling gel that is placed on the top. These features should aid in keeping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting the fact that it’s a receptive mattress and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel of memory foam. If you’re fond of that quicksand feeling, you may want to consider a different bed.
Are you thinking that you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Check out the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils to provide the perfect blend of comfort and support. In general, we’d say it’s on the softer side with a score of 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example, medium firm is 6.5/10). This is what makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who can expect to feel amazing pressure relief as their shoulders and hips sink into the comfort layer.
It’s worth pointing out that this section of comfort is comprised of not just one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers, and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of them are specifically designed to keep sleepers cool, with the former being a graphite-infused variant that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam used in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer mattresses that are soft might like the Nolah and it’s a comfy choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll get that mix of support and comfort that we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Support Coils. At 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which holds up on the edges of the bed as well as the middle. This means that you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are you sure that it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress you wanted above then you could benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Below are a few of my recommendations based on your body type and age, sleeping position, and managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points in their hips and shoulders. We have compiled a list of the top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good level of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line, and usually, that’s in a medium-firm mattress. There are some top-quality alternatives in the best mattresses that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that will keep their hips aligned in a straight line with the shoulders. Learn more about why that’s important in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move around on and switch positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a mattress that is bouncy and has a moderate firmness, such as those in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built in coil systems to provide support. They often have a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for stomach, back, and combo sleepers. You can check out our top innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coil and foam support and their feeling varies widely. Take a look at the best hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They use layers of foam to both cushion and support the sleeping person. They are the most favored type of all-foam mattress that offer a lot of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Look over the best memory foam mattresses to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often made with eco-friendly Dunlop or Talalay Latex Foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncy. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy typically like these beds. Take a look at the top latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses use air to help sleepers all night! The top adjustable beds are the most advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our review of the best air mattresses..
Choosing a sleep surface that helps mitigate the pain is crucial for those who live with chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses which can ease different kinds of pain. Depending on what you need, I’d recommend looking at the top mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or best mattresses for sciatica articles to find out more about pain management solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, check out the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re looking at getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the price, take a look at the most comfortable mattresses available for the money.
- If you’re on a tight budget, take a look at our top mattresses for under $1,000 and the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for an ideal mattress for sleeping cool, I’d recommend opting for one of the following: mattress made of latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase ventilation, which can be important to keep the temperature low during the night.
- You can see my favorite breathable beds in our roundup of best cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lbs) typically find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest those who sleep light to review of the top soft mattresses to ensure they get the pressure relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over 1 lb) require a mattress with an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are typically the main concerns. To learn how to choose the best mattress for your body type check out our website for top mattresses designed for people who are heavy..
- Kids are growing rapidly and evolving bodies that have specific requirements for sleep! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- For seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional mattresses that offer support and mobility, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I would suggest taking a look at our best mattresses for older adults to find one that will work well for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have specific sleep needs, as well! Find out more about selecting a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a companion (or pet! ), it’s important to choose one that has low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the best mattresses for couples for a few examples, as well as beds that have impressive edge support, cooling features and other requirements that couples could consider.
- Couples in search of the best mattress for sex are able to browse our list of mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Mattress For Deep Sleep FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here but it’s essential to take your budget into consideration. Thankfully, there are great mattresses to be found in every price range! Overall, a budget mattress is usually considered to be one priced under $1000 for a Queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least each 7-10 years. However, a mattress may sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it roughly. You can also extend the lifespan of an old mattress for some time by adding an mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s important to check the warranty. It can also give you a good idea of the length it should last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back discomfort?
Many people suffering from back pain find the medium-firm or firm mattress is best for those with back pain. This kind of bed can help you keep your spine straight overnight as well as help ease some of the back pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which will help you with your particular back pain, take a look at our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the most support. This is why they’re best off with a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses listed on this list that include they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. To get a larger choice, look through our list of the most comfortable mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are at the other side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they generally prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. Many of the mattresses listed here should be an ideal fit for side sleepers particularly those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Deep Sleep