You’re looking for a new mattress but aren’t sure where to begin. There are many options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more rumbling around in the world of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So , what’s the ideal bed for you in 2022? Top Mattress For Curvy Body
Keep in mind that the concept of “best” is somewhat subjective. Different people require different things of a mattress, and what’s best for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
We kept a wide range of subjects in our mind while making our top choices. Our goal is that all users will be able find not just the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the details of each bed We’d like to talk some details about the process we used to select these beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models through our bed lab, putting each one through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using a seismometer. Then, we assign each bed an overall rating in accordance with the material and comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also factor in the performance of the brand, such as value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the top of the best, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress listed here has an overall score of 4/5 or higher. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which were awarded an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you should find a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support, cushioning pressure relief, and top-quality mattress materials that don’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of costly models, but at an affordable cost. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil structure, it offers an innerspring-like feel that should be a good fit to a wide range of sleepers. It’s also available in three different firmness levels (Plush soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) and increases its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers are likely to be most comfortable on Luxury or Firm models, while side sleepers will appreciate the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers, they’ll likely be able to quickly switch positions on any of the models, thanks to the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model designed specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is its coils provide the mattress with outstanding edge support. You’ll be able to sit on or sleep close to the edge of your mattress without feeling like it’s going to fall over or cause you to slide off. The only downside to its springy nature is that it results in an extremely high amount of motion transfer so if you’re sleeping with a partner, you may feel each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either (or both) are an eazy sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made with organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have to worry about sleeping in a room with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become one of the most well-known brands in the mattress market due to its flexibility. Customers are able to take a sleep test via the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into consideration , so that the brand can recommend the ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side most likely, you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight, an average-firm mattress that provides the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and cradles delicate areas like shoulders and hips, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides since this is where they place the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers must also be content with this mix of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Because it’s a hybrid mattress, there’s a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, which creates sufficient support to accommodate two persons. Although this can cause a tiny bit of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to cause any major disturbance to either of you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sex.
If you’re a side sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking for Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes more foam layer. You can also check out more of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or even buts about it — mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For example Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is a great value buy that packs a serious quality of sleep without costing you a fortune.
Currently priced at under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts This memory foam mattress is built with 5″ of luxurious gel memory foam. This allows for ample sinkage and deep body-contouring which can be beneficial for side sleepers. They will also feel intense pressure relief and soft support around the hips and shoulders.
However, the Nectar has enough support in its foam with high density below for back sleepers, who should enjoy the medium thickness of its mattress. The best part is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of movement across the entire structure which makes it an ideal choice for couples. If you’re in the market for a bed that is super soft you should look into this brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional features and bells.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Get an even cheaper deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with someone else and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples need. It comes in a Medium, Soft, and Firm model which means that most couples will be capable of finding the bed that is right for their preferences. Each of them has sturdy edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing you from being a victim of your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples must also consider cooling when choosing an appropriate mattress, because two bodies produce greater body temperature than one. This should not be a problem for the Signature model, which features an naturally cool, latex-like foam that is in the comfort layer. It also has a hybrid design with springs that can accommodate lots of airflow.
Another feature that will be attractive to lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to latex-like foam) that makes it a great mattress for sex. Also, it’s important to note the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand is able to pass savings to the consumer. This is what makes the Signature (and all of the products from the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that has an excellent, premium feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 lb and over) and you’re looking for an appropriate mattress that can provide enough support. The WinkBed is available in four different levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally, the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils designed for heavier folks. These springs are strengthened, resulting in stronger edge support allowing you to spread out until the edge to the edge of your bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers gentle pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as lots of support from its coil-like support layer. It also provides zones of support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, based on the location) to help ease discomfort and pain, particularly in your back.
Outside of this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool to sleep. It has a breathable cover constructed from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils permit plenty of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers keep a low temperature through the entire night.
Do you think this is the bed of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our scale of firmness 7/10, the Bear is a good choice for those looking for a firm and supportive bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density foam at the bottom, followed by a thin layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be more than enough support here for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also get a little shape from the comfort layer of memory foam filled by graphite. This keeps the mattress cool, as does a covering made of breathable, light material known as Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noticeable aspect of Celliant. There are studies that show it can increase blood flow and could aid with recovery. This makes the Bear a great fit for athletes or anyone who is active.
If you’re eager to curl up on the Bear, get our most affordable deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require a lot of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned, while also receiving the necessary pressure relief to prevent pain at their lower back. They may find a winning combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that combines a tandem consisting of poly foam, as well as pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than the medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top of the mattress. In addition they’ll feel a touch of comfort due to the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion that prevents it from absorbing heat like traditional memory foam does. And the bed’s coils make room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you end up going for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a hefty bed, so it might be beneficial to help you with getting it in your home (and possibly setup) after it’s arrived.
Have you bought the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper looking for a mattress that can help to cool down during the night The GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice that is right for you. This mattress features cooling technology that draws the body’s heat from sleeping.
First, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special textile that absorbs heat from the sleeper and feels cool to the skin. It also comes with an underlying layer of gel memory foam that is, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of cushioning and pain relief.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is famous for their “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on many mattress models. It is also made of a phase change material, it assists in helping with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only drawback is that it can be a bit slippery, so you may want to use sheets that are fitted to your bed that keeps everything nice and snug.
In terms of comfort In terms of comfort, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer those who sleep on their sides and backs a balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also an excellent choice for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and the bounce (a plus for sex).
If your main concern is staying cool, you’ll love GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent alternative. It combines soft top foams with sturdy steel coils that assists in keeping your spine within a neutral alignment and prevents back issues. Actually the support is so sturdy that it might also be a good option for heavy sleepers over 250 pounds.
But it’s not the only option for this Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be very comfortable sleeping on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into your bed and let you enjoy some relief from pressure and your hips should feel supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel right at home on the Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design provides plenty of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is made with something called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely comfortable and as an added bonus, it comes with an extremely thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on top. These features should aid in keeping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting the fact that it’s a receptive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel like memory foam. If you’re a lover of the feeling of a quicksand, you may want to look elsewhere.
Are you thinking that you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Shop here for our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils for a mixture of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the soft side with a score of 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for an example moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This is what makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who can expect to feel fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips are sunk into the comfort layer.
It’s worth pointing out that this comfort section is made of not two, but one layer of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of these materials are made to keep the user cool, with the latter being a graphite-infused variation that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam used in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who prefer an extra soft mattress may appreciate the Nolah as it’s a comfy choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll feel that mixture of support and comfort we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco-Support Coils. With a height of 8′ the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam that holds up the sides of the bed, as well as the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress you wanted above then you could benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Here are some of my suggestions based upon the type of body as well as age, sleep posture, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. Take a look at our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good level of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line, and usually, that’s in a medium-firm mattress. There are some top-quality alternatives in the best mattresses to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that will keep their hips aligned to their shoulders. Find out why this is essential in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are simple to move about and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with a medium-firm feel, like the ones we have in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built upon coils to support. They often feature a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for stomach, back, and combo sleepers. You can check out our top innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of foam and coil support, and their feel differs widely. Find the most popular hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They use layers of foam to provide cushioning and support to the sleeper. They are the most popular type of all-foam mattress that offers a wide range of body-contouring and pressure relief. Look over the best memory foam mattress to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed using green Dunlop or Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncy. Combination sleepers and heavy people often like these mattresses. Take a look at the best latex mattresses for more on this natural material.
- Air mattresses use air to provide support to the sleeper all night! Some of the best adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our review of best air mattresses..
Choosing a sleep surface that reduces pain is particularly important for sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that could help with several different types of pain. Based on your needs, I’d recommend looking at the best mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the best sciatica mattresses articles to find out more about pain management solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, take a look at the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re more interested in finding a bed of high-end quality which is worth the price, take a look at the most comfortable mattresses available for the money.
- If you’re on a strict budget, take a look at our top mattresses that cost less than $1000 or the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for mattresses that are cool to sleep on I would suggest you go with a latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage ventilation, which can be essential for keeping the temperature at a minimum in the night.
- Here are my top mattresses that breathe in our list of best cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lb) are likely to have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that these sleepers take a review of the most comfortable mattresses to ensure they get the pressure relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over 1 lb) need a bed that provides additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. To find out how to pick the right mattress for your body type go to our site for the best mattresses for heavy people.
- Kids are growing rapidly and evolving bodies that have specific sleep needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for children..
- Seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet are still gentle on sensitive joints. I suggest looking at our top mattress for seniors to discover a feeling that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have unique requirements for sleep, as well! Learn more about choosing an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you share a bed with a spouse (or pet! ) It is important to choose one that has low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the most suitable mattresses for couples for a few examples and mattresses that offer exceptional edge support, cooling features as well as other features that couples might be thinking about.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattresses for sex are able to browse our list of beds that are supple and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Mattress For Curvy Body FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this and it’s crucial to take your personal budget into account. Thankfully, there are great mattresses available at nearly every price point! A budget mattress is typically considered one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least each 7-10 years. However, a mattress may fall over prematurely if it isn’t put it on a suitable foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also extend the life of a mattress that is old for some time by putting on a mattress protector.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, you need to take a look at its warranty, which will also provide you with a good idea of the length it will last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back pain?
Many people suffering from back pain will find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is the best choice for them. The type of mattress you choose will help you keep your spine straight during the night and can ease some of the pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which will ease your back pain, take a look at our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. With that in mind, they’re best off with mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses listed on this list, the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. For a more expansive range, check out our roundup of the top sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are on the opposite side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they usually prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. Many of the mattresses on this list should be a great match for those who sleep on their sides particularly those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Curvy Body