So you’re in the market to buy a brand new bed, but don’t know where to begin. There are plenty of options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot of others circulating in the world of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So , what’s the ideal bed for you in 2022? Top Mattress For Cuddling
Keep in mind that the term “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different sleepers require different characteristics from their bed, so what works for one person will not work for another.
This is why we kept a wide range of different categories when we made our top choices. Our hope is that most people will be able to discover not only”the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the nitty gritty of each of these beds We’d like to talk an overview of the process we used to choose the beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 products in our mattress lab. We’ve put every mattress through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer using the seismometer. From there, we give each bed an overall rating in accordance with the material and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also factor in quality of the mattress with categories such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the top out of them, we took each bed’s overall score into consideration. Each mattress in this list has an overall score of 4 out of 5 or above. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you should look for a bed that can tick all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support as well as pressure relief that cushions and top-quality materials that won’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of the more costly models, but for lower costs. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil structure, it offers a traditional innerspring feel , which is suitable to a wide range of sleepers. It’s also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm), which makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers should be most comfortable on Luxury or Firm models. While side sleepers should enjoy using the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers will likely be able to quickly switch positions on any of the models, due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. It even has an HD model specially designed for heavier sleepers.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is its coils offer the mattress an exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to sit on or sleep near the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s about to fall down or make you fall over. The only downside to the Saatva’s springiness is that it creates quite a lot of motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with an individual, you could be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, particularly if one or both of you is an eazy sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made of Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have be concerned about sleeping near toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now among the top notable names in the mattress game due to its flexibility. Customers can take a test on their sleep via the Helix website that takes their body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into consideration , so that the company can suggest the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper most likely, you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, which is a medium-firm mattress that offers an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and supports delicate areas like shoulders and hips, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides since this is where they place the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should be happy with this combination of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Because it’s a hybrid mattress that has a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, which creates sufficient support to accommodate two persons. While this also results in some bounce, it’s not enough to disturb either of you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking into Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with extra foam layers. It’s also possible to take a look at other of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune just to get some quality Zzz’s. For instance, it’s the Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress that packs a powerful relaxation punch, without spending a lot of money.
Currently priced at under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts The memory foam bed is built by using 5″ of luxurious Gel memory foam. This provides ample sinkage and deep body-contouring that could work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. They will also feel immense pressure relief and soft support around the hips and shoulders.
However, the Nectar provides enough support with the high-density foam beneath for back sleepers, who should enjoy the medium thickness of its mattress. Additionally, the memory foam can withstand a great deal of movement across the mattress which makes it an ideal option for couples. If you’re in the market for a bed that is super soft and would like to know more about this brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra bells and whistles.
Sold on this great value mattress? Get an even cheaper deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with a partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It is available in a Medium, Soft and Firm version, so most couples should be able to find a bed that works for them. All of the options have strong edges (which make the bed feel larger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing you from being a victim of your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples should also consider cooling when looking for the best mattress for them, since two bodies give off much more heat to the body than one. But this should not be a problem for the Signature mattress, which is made of the naturally cooling latex-like foam in the cushion layer. Additionally, it has an innovative design that incorporates springs that allow for plenty of airflow.
Another feature that will be attractive to lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) that makes it a great mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand is able to pass savings to the consumer. This makes it possible to make the Signature (and all of the brand’s products) an affordable mattress for couples, though one that still has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds or more) is the case, you’ll need an appropriate mattress that can comfortably support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four different levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus. The Plus is made of reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These springs are strengthened, resulting in stronger edge support allowing you to spread out to the edge to the edge of your bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some gentle pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and lots of support from its pocketed coil support layer. It also provides zoned support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, based on the area) to help ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically in your back.
In addition to the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool-sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed from eco-friendly Tencel and the coils provide plenty of airflow. This will help those who sleep more keep a low temperature through the entire night.
Do you think this is the bed of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our firmness scale, the Bear should appeal to folks in search of a firm and comfortable bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is over which is a lighter layer of responsive transition foam.
There should be more than enough support here for back sleepers. they’ll also benefit from a shape from the comfortable layer of memory foam filled by graphite. This makes the mattress cool, as does the cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noteworthy characteristic of Celliant. There are studies that show it can increase blood flow and could aid in recovering. It makes Bear a great fit for anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re eager to curl up on the Bear, get our most affordable deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need plenty of support to ensure their spines are aligned while also getting requisite pressure relief to prevent pain at their lower back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines a tandem with memory foam and poly foam with pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud slightly firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re sitting on top of the mattress. In addition they’ll receive a bit of a hug due to the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam is infused with cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat the way traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you decide to opting for the DreamCloud, know that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it might be a good idea to assist you in the move into your house (and possibly setup) once it arrives.
Are you sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper in search of a bed that will help keep you cool at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice for you. The mattress has cooling technology to draw the body’s heat from the sleeper.
In the beginning, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special fabric that absorbs heat from the sleeper and feels cool to the touch. It also comes with the gel memory foam which is, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of comfort and cushioning.
One other notable cooling feature: As a brand, GhostBed is well-known for the “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on some of its mattresses. Also made with the Phase Change Material that assists in helping to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only downside is it is a little slippery, so you may need to put a fitted sheet on your bed to keep everything nice and snug.
In terms of feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer those who sleep on their sides and backs the perfect balance of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its fantastic motion absorption and the bounce (a bonus for couples).
If you’re primarily concerned with maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good alternative. It blends soft top foams with supportive steel coils, which aids in keeping the spine healthy alignment and avoids back problems. Actually, the support is so solid that it can be an ideal option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
However, it’s not the only option for this Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very comfortable sleeping on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into your bed and let you enjoy some relief from pressure while your hips are supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel right at home on this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil offers plenty of space to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely airy and, as an additional feature, it features an extremely thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on top. These features should assist in helping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note the fact that it’s a very responsive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feel of memory foam. If you’re a lover of that quicksand feeling then you might want to consider a different bed.
Are you thinking that you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Shop here for our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils that provide the perfect blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the soft side and scored a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example, medium firm is 6.5/10). This means that the Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides, who should feel some amazing pressure relief as their shoulders and hips slide into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth noting that this section of comfort is composed of not two, but one layer of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers, and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of them are designed to keep the sleeper cool, with the second being a graphite-infused variant that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who prefer an extra soft mattress may like the Nolah as it’s a comfortable option for couples. Not only will they feel that mixture of support and comfort that you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco-Support Coils. With a height of 8′ the springs are encased in Edge-Tech support foam, which is used to support both sides of the bed, as well as the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Is the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress you wanted above it, you may want to consider one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Here are some of my recommendations based on body type as well as age, sleep position, and managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points in their hips and shoulders. Check out our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good balance of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line and usually, that’s in a medium-firm mattress. You can find high-end alternatives in the best mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that will keep their hips in alignment in a straight line with the shoulders. Learn more about why that’s crucial in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move about and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with moderate firmness, such as the ones we have in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built upon coils to support. They often feature a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for back, stomach, and combination sleepers. We have a list of our top innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coils and foam and their comfort varies widely. Check out the most popular hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They use layers of foam that cushion and help the sleeper. Memory foam mattresses are a favored kind of all-foam mattress which offers a wide range of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Check out the best mattress made of memory foam to find out more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are typically made with eco-friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay Latex Foam. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. Combination sleepers and heavy people are often awed by these beds. Take a look at the best latex mattresses to learn more about this natural material.
- Air mattresses use air to help sleepers throughout the night! The top adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our roundup of the the best air mattresses.
The choice of a bed that reduces the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that can help you with different kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing, I’d recommend looking at the top pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to find out more about pain relief solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, take a look at the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re looking at finding a bed of high-end quality which is worth the price, take a look at the top mattresses for your price.
- If you’re on a strict budget, check out our top mattresses that cost less than $1,000 or the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I suggest one of the following: latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase ventilation, which can be crucial for keeping a low temperature in the night.
- You can see my favorite mattresses that breathe in our roundup of the most comfortable mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 pounds) will often find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest these sleepers take a review of the top soft mattresses to ensure they receive the relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 100 lbs) require a mattress with an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are usually important concerns. For more information on how to select the best mattress that is suitable for your body go to our site for best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies , each with unique sleeping needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- Seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer support and mobility, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I would suggest taking a look at our best mattresses for older people to discover a feeling that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have unique sleep needs, as well! Learn more about how to choose the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a companion (or pet! ) It is important to select a mattress that features low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the best mattresses for couples for a few examples, as well as beds with impressive edges, cool features, and other needs that couples could take into consideration.
- Couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy can check out our guide for beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For Cuddling FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here, so it’s important to take your own budget into consideration. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses to be found in every price range! Overall, a budget mattress is generally considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least each 7-10 years. But, mattresses can sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a good foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also prolong the life of a mattress that is old for some time by adding an mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s essential to check its warranty, which can also give you an idea of how long it should last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back stiffness?
The majority of people with back pain discover the medium-firm or firm mattress is the best choice for them. This kind of bed can help you keep your spine straight during the night, which can help alleviate a lot of discomfort. If you’re looking for a mattress which will help you with your particular back pain, take a look at our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the most support. In this regard, they’re best off with mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses listed on this list it’s those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. If they want a wider range, go through our selection of the best sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the best mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are on the other side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they usually prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. A majority of the mattresses in this list will be a great match for side sleepers especially the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Cuddling