So you’re in the market to buy a brand new bed, but have no idea where to start. There are plenty of options available at brick and mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more swirling within the realm of online bed-in-a box brands. So what’s the best mattress for 2022? Top Mattress For Couples Who Cuddle
Well, keep in mind that the concept of “best” is somewhat subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics of a mattress, and what is effective for one individual might not be suitable for someone else.
This is why we made sure to keep a broad range of categories in mind when making our top choices. Our goal is that all users will be able discover not only an “best” mattress however, but one that is best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the in-depth details of each of these beds, we’d like to share an overview of the process we used to choose them.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 products within our lab for mattresses, running every mattress through tests such as pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using the seismometer. From there, we give each mattress an overall score based on materials as well as comfort, support cooling, and edge support. We also take into account the performance of the brand, like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the top among the top, we considered each bed’s overall score into account. Every last mattress in this list has an overall score of 4 or above. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which have scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you must choose a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support and pressure relief cushioning, and quality materials that aren’t going to be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of the more expensive models, but at lower costs. With a durable coil-on-coil structure, it offers an innerspring-like feel , which is a good fit for a variety of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) that makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Back and stomach sleepers are likely to be most comfortable on the Luxury or Firm models while side sleepers will appreciate the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination you’ll be able to easily switch positions on any model, due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. The Saatva has even got an HD model specially designed for those who sleep heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva is that its coils provide the mattress with exceptional edge support. You should be able to lie down or sit close to the edge of your mattress without fearing that it’s going to collapse or cause you to slide off. The only issue with this springy mattress is the fact that it creates quite a lot of motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with a partner, you may be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, particularly if one or both of you is an eazy sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining a light on some of the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made of natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have the worry of sleeping near harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now one of the most well-known names in the mattress industry due to its customizable. Customers can take a sleep quiz through the Helix website and take the body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into consideration so that the company can suggest the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side most likely, you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight — a moderately firm mattress that gives the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and supports sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders. This is essential for side sleepers because it’s where they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should also be satisfied with this combination of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Since it’s a hybrid with a mattress, it has pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, providing adequate support for 2 persons. While this also results in a tiny bit of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to disturb the other person or you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who needs a little more pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking for the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with more foam layer. You can also take a look at other of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you must spend a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. As an example, it’s the Nectar mattress is a great bargain that packs a serious comfort punch without spending a lot of money.
Currently priced at under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts, this memory foam bed is constructed of 5″ of luxurious mattress made of gel. This provides ample comfort and a deep body contour that could work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They will also feel immense pressure relief and cushions at the hips and shoulders.
In addition the Nectar provides enough support with the high-density foam beneath the back, which should enjoy the medium level of firmness. The best part is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion throughout the entire structure and makes it a fantastic choice for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a super-soft bed and would like to know more about Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional features and bells.
Sold on this great value mattress? You can get a much more affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with someone else and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples need. It is available in a Soft, Medium and Firm version and most couples will be capable of finding the right bed for their preferences. Each of them has solid edges (which make the bed feel larger) and a solid motion isolationthat keeps your partner from feeling every toss and turn.
Couples should take cooling into consideration when shopping for the best mattress for them, since two bodies emit much more heat to the body than one. But this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature model, which features the naturally cooling similar to latex in the comfort layer. Additionally, it has an innovative design that incorporates springs that have room for plenty of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to be attractive to lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) and makes it a great mattress for sexual sex. Finally, it’s worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand can pass on savings on to customers. This makes it possible to make the Signature (and all of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, though one that still has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds or more) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that will provide enough support. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four different levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally the Plus. The Plus is made with reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. The strengthened springs result in a stronger edge support, permitting you to spread until the edge in the mattress.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers soft pressure relief thanks to its quilted pillow-top layer and lots of support from its pocketed coil support layer. It also provides zoned support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, based on the region) to ease aches and pains, especially in your back.
Apart from the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool to sleep. The cover is breathable and made of eco-friendly Tencel and the coils provide an abundance of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier maintain a cool temperature throughout the night.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our scale of firmness 7/10, the Bear should appeal to folks looking for a firm and supportive mattress. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density support foam at the bottom, topped by a thinner layer of responsive transition foam.
There should be more than enough support here for back sleepers. they’ll also receive a shape from a cushion of comfort foam filled by graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, and so does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only notable aspect of Celliant. Some studies show that it can increase blood flow, which could help with recovery. The Bear the perfect choice for anyone who is active.
If you’re looking to snuggle up on your Bear, get our most affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need a lot of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned and also get the relief from pressure to avoid pain in the lower back. They could find a great combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines an amalgamation of memory foam, poly foam, with pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a little more firm than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top of the mattress. In addition, they’ll get a little touch of comfort by the foam memory.
In addition, the memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion which prevents it from storing heat the way traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils allow space for a lot of airflow.
If you end up going for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s quite a heavy mattress, and it could be beneficial to assist in the process of moving it into your home (and maybe even setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper looking for a mattress that can help cool you down at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice you’re looking for. This mattress features cooling technology that helps draw body heat away from sleepers.
The first is the infusion Phase Change Material, a special fabric that draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the touch. It also has a layer of gel memory foam which, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of cushioning and pain relief.
One other notable cooling feature: As a brand, GhostBed is well-known as the brand that has their “Ghost Ice” cover for many mattress models. It is also made of a Phase Change Material, it assists in helping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only drawback is that it could be slippery, and you might need to put an upholstered sheet over your bed that keeps everything comfortable and cozy.
In terms of feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer the back and side sleepers a balance of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples because of its amazing motion absorption and bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If you’re primarily concerned with staying cool, you’ll love GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent option. It is a combination of soft top foams and sturdy steel coils that helps keep the spine neutral alignment and prevents back issues. Actually the support is so robust that it could be a great option for heavy sleepers over 250 lb.
But it’s not the only suitable position that works with the Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very at ease sleeping on your back. The shoulders ought to sink down into the bed and let you enjoy some relief from pressure and your hips should feel supported.
Hot sleepers will feel right at home in the Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer has a lot of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is made with what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely breathable, and as an added bonus, it comes with an extremely thin layer of cooling gel up over the top. All of these traits should help the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting that this is a responsive bed that doesn’t offer the more sluggish feel that memory foam provides. If you’re a lover of the feeling of a quicksand then you might want to reconsider your options.
Are you thinking that you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Check out our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils to provide an optimum blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say it’s a bit soft with a score of 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This means that the Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who can expect to feel incredible pressure relief when their hips and shoulders are sunk into the comfort layer.
It’s worth noting that the comfort section is made of not one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both are made to keep the user comfortable, the latter being a graphite-infused version that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam that is found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like mattresses that are soft might like the Nolah and it’s an ideal choice for couples. Not only will they feel that mixture of support and comfort that we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco-Support Coils. at 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that is used to support on the edges of the bed and also the middle. This means that you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress you wanted above it, you may want to consider one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Here are some of my suggestions based on body type as well as age, sleep position, and the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. We have compiled a list of the top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate level of pressure relief and support to keep their spines straight, and usually, that’s in the middle-firm range of mattresses. There are some top-quality alternatives in the top mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that will keep their hips in alignment in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out why this is essential in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are simple to move around and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to the ones in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built on coil support systems. They often are firm and bouncy in feel that is ideal for back, stomach and mixed sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coils and foam and their comfort differs widely. Find the best hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They make use of layers of foam to provide cushioning and support to the sleeper. Mattresses made of memory foam are favored kind of all-foam mattress which offers a wide range of body-contouring and pressure relief. Check out the most comfortable memory foam mattresses to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed from environmentally friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay latex. They are naturally cool and bouncey. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy are often awed by these mattresses. Look over the best latex mattresses for more on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses use air to support the sleeper throughout the night! A few of the top adjustable mattresses are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Get more information in our review of the best air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that reduces the pain is crucial for those who live with chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options which can ease different kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest looking into the top mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or best mattresses for sciatica articles to find out more about pain relief solutions.
- If you want a durable value mattress, check out the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the cost consider looking at the best mattresses for the price.
- If you’re on a strict budget, check out our top mattresses for under 1,000 as well as the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I would suggest you go with an innerspring, Latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase airflow, which is essential to keep the temperature low during the night.
- My top mattresses that breathe in our roundup of the most comfortable cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lb) typically discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d suggest these sleepers take a look at the most comfortable mattresses to ensure that they have the pressure relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) need a bed that offers extra support to prevent the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. To find out how to pick the right mattress for your body type, visit our page for best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies with specific requirements for sleep! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- For seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional feeling mattresses that offer support and mobility, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I suggest looking at our top mattresses for seniors to find one that will work well for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have specific requirements for sleep, as well! Learn more about how to choose a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you share a bed with a companion (or pet! ) It is important to select an option that is low in motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses to get some ideas including beds that have impressive edge support, cooling options as well as other features that couples may consider.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattress for sex should look through our guide to beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For Couples Who Cuddle FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here but it’s essential to take your personal budget into consideration. There are a variety of great mattresses to be found at nearly every price point! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is generally considered to be one priced under $1000 for a Queen-sized.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress each 7-10 years. But, mattresses can sag prematurely if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it with care. It is also possible to extend the lifespan of a mattress several months by putting on the mattress protector.
If you are buying a new bed, you need to check its warranty, which will give you an idea of how long it should last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back discomfort?
Many people suffering from back pain will find the medium-firm or firm mattress is best for them. The type of mattress you choose will aid in keeping your spine straight throughout the night and can ease some of the pain. If you are looking for a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, take a look at our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the most support. This is why they’re better off using mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses listed on this list, they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. If they want a wider range, look through our list of the best mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers fall on the opposite side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they tend to prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their shoulders hips. The majority of mattresses in this list will be a great match for sleepers who prefer side sleeping, most notably the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Couples Who Cuddle