So you’re in the market for a new mattress but don’t know what to look for. Not only are there choices that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more rumbling around in the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So what’s the best bed for you in 2022? Top Mattress For Comfortable Sleep
Well, keep in mind that the word “best” is somewhat subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features of a mattress, and what works for one person will not work for another.
This is why we made sure to keep a broad range of categories in mind when presenting our top choices. Our goal is that all folks should be able to discover not only the “best” mattress however, but one that is best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the details of each of these beds we’d like to tell you an overview of the method we used to select the beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models within our lab for mattresses, putting every one of them through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using the seismometer. Then, we assign each mattress an overall score according to the materials used and comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also take into account the performance of the brand, like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent of the best, we really considered each bed’s overall score into account. Each mattress in this list has an overall score of 4 out of 5 or above. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which have scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you must choose a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support as well as pressure relief that cushions and high-quality mattress materials that don’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva provides all the benefits of those costly models, but for a more affordable price. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil design, it features the traditional innerspring feel that should be an ideal fit for all types of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm and Firm), which makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Back and stomach sleepers should be most comfortable on the Luxury as well as the Firm model, while side sleepers should enjoy the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper, they’ll likely be able to change positions on any of the models because of the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. There’s even an HD model designed specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another added bonus of the Saatva is that its coils give the bed an exceptional edge support. It should be possible to lie down or sit close to the edge of your mattress without fearing that it’s going to fall over or cause you to slide off. The only issue with the Saatva’s springiness is that it results in quite a lot of motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with a partner, you may sense each other’s movements at night, especially if one (or both) is a light sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining the spotlight on Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made of Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have be concerned about sleeping near dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be among the top well-known brands in the mattress market because of its customization. Customers are able to take a sleep test through the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleeping preferences, as well as other aspects into account so that the company can suggest the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side sleeper most likely, you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, an average-firm mattress that provides the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and cradles delicate areas like hips and shoulders. This is essential for side sleepers because that’s the place they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be content with this mix of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Because it’s a hybrid mattress, there’s a layer of pockets beneath the foams, providing adequate support for 2 persons. Although this can cause a tiny bit of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to cause any major disturbance to either of you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side looking for a bit more plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking for Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes extra foam layers. Also, you can take a look at other of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on the Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you have to spend a fortune just to get some quality Zzz’s. As an example, Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress with a significant quality of sleep without spending a lot of money.
At present, it is priced under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts The memory foam bed is made with 5″ of soft gel memory foam. This allows for ample relaxation and body contouring that can work wonders for side sleepers. You should also feel immense pressure relief and soft support around the hips and shoulders.
At the same time the Nectar has enough support in the high-density foam beneath for those who sleep on their backs, and are likely to appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. Additionally, the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of movement across the structure which makes it an ideal choice for couples. And if anyone’s in search for a bed that is super soft, they should check out Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra alarms.
Sold on this great value mattress? Get an even cheaper bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with your partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples need. It is available in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm version and most couples will be able to find the right bed for their needs. All of the options have strong edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and solid motion isolation, keeping your partner from feeling every turn and toss.
Couples should take cooling into consideration when choosing a new mattress, as two bodies emit more body heat than one. This isn’t a problem with the Signature model, which features a naturally cooling, latex-like foam that is in the cushion layer. Furthermore, it comes with a hybrid design with springs that can accommodate lots of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to appeal to lovebirds is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam) and makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex. It’s also worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company can pass on savings to the consumer. This is what makes it possible to make the Signature (and all of the other products by the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, though one that’s still an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds or more), then you need an appropriate mattress that can provide enough support. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes with four levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then, the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These strengthened springs also result in stronger edge support permitting you to spread all the way to the very end to the edge of your bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides mild pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and ample firmness thanks to its coil-like support layer. It also provides zoned support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, depending on the area) to help you alleviate discomfort and pain, particularly in your back.
Outside of this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool-sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils allow for a ton of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier to keep their temperature at a minimum throughout the night.
Does this sound like the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale, the Bear is a good choice for those who are looking for a comfortable and supportive bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density support foam on the bottom. It is topped by a thinner layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s plenty of support for back sleepers. they’ll also benefit from a more contouring with the comfortable layer of memory foam coated by graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does a covering made of breathable, light material known as Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only notable aspect of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can increase blood flow and could aid with recovery. This makes the Bear an ideal choice for athletes or anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re looking to snuggle in Bear Bear, get our most affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require a lot of support to ensure their spines are aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure in the lower back. They might find a good combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines the combination consisting of poly foam with pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud slightly firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top of the mattress. In addition they’ll receive a touch of comfort by the foam memory.
The memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel that prevents it from absorbing heat the way the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you decide to choosing the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a very heavy bed, so it might be a good idea to assist in the process of the move into your house (and perhaps setting it up) when it arrives.
Sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot in search of a bed that will help to cool down during the night The GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress for you. This mattress features cooling technology that helps draw your body’s warmth away from sleepers.
First, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that absorbs heat from the sleeping person and feels cool to the feel. It also has the gel memory foam which is, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of comfort and cushioning.
One other notable cooling feature: As a brand, GhostBed is well-known by the “Ghost Ice” cover on the majority mattress models. Additionally, it is made from a phase change material that helps the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only drawback is that it is a little slippery, so you may prefer sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep everything comfortable and cozy.
For feel In terms of comfort, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give the back and side sleepers the perfect combination of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its amazing motion absorption and its bounciness (a plus for sex).
If your main concern is staying cool, you’ll love GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who has had issues with back discomfort in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent option. It combines soft top foams with sturdy steel coils that assists in keeping your spine within a balanced alignment and prevents back issues. Actually, the support is so sturdy that it might also be an ideal alternative for those who weigh more than 250 pounds.
But it’s not the only option that works with the Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel comfortable sleeping on your side. Your shoulders should sink into your bed and let you enjoy some refreshing pressure relief and your hips should feel supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should be comfortable on this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil has a lot of room for airflow. The comfort layer is made with something called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly breathable, and as an added touch, it has a thin coating of cooling gel that is placed on over the top. All of these traits should aid in keeping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note the fact that it’s a receptive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel like memory foam. So if you’re a fan of that quicksand feeling, you may want to reconsider your options.
You think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Check out our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils that provide the perfect blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the soft side, scoring a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who will feel amazing pressure relief as their shoulders and hips sink into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth noting that this section of comfort is comprised of not just one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both are specifically designed to keep sleepers comfortable, the former being a graphite-infused variant from the first Nolah AirFoam that is found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like an extra soft mattress may enjoy the Nolah and it’s a comfortable option for couples. Not only will they feel that mixture of support and comfort we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Coils. At 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam that supports the sides of the bed as well as the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress you wanted above it, you may want to consider one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Below are a few of my suggestions based upon body type, age, sleep positions, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. We have compiled a list of the best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate combination of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain straight, and they’ll typically find that in a mattress that is medium-firm. There are some top-quality options in the best mattresses that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm bed that keeps their hips in alignment in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out why this is important in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move about and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to the ones in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based in coil systems to provide support. They typically are firm and bouncy in feel and work well for back, stomach and mixed sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coils and foam and their comfort is different. Find the most popular hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They make use of layers of foam to cushion and support the sleeping person. They are the most well-known type of all-foam mattress , which offer a lot of body-contouring and pressure relief. Look over the top memory foam mattresses to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed from environmentally friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay latex. They are naturally cool and lively. Combination sleepers and heavy people often like these beds. Check out the top latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses use air to provide support to the sleeper overnight! The best adjustable mattresses are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Get more information in our review of the top air mattresses.
Selecting a mattress that can help ease pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that could help with several different kinds of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest looking into the best pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or best mattresses for sciatica articles to learn more about pain relief solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, check out the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the price check out the most comfortable mattresses available for the price.
- If you’re on a strict budget, take a look at our best mattresses under $1000 and the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of mattresses that are cool to sleep on, I’d recommend opting for an innerspring, mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote airflow, which is crucial to keep the temperature low at night.
- You can see my favorite breathable beds in our list of the most comfortable cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lb) typically discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d recommend those who sleep light to look at the most comfortable mattresses to make sure they get the pressure relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over lb) require a mattress with extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are usually important concerns. To learn how to choose a mattress that suits your body, visit our page to find the the best mattresses for heavy people.
- Children are rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific requirements for sleep! Learn how to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- For seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide mobility and support, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattresses for older people to find a feel that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have unique sleep needs, as well! Learn more about choosing the right mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a companion (or pet! ), it’s important to pick a mattress that features low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples for some examples and beds with impressive Edge support and cooling features, and other needs that couples may take into consideration.
- Couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy should check out our guide for mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Mattress For Comfortable Sleep FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here but it’s essential to take your own budget into account. Thankfully, there are great mattresses in every price range! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is usually considered to be one priced under $1000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress every 7-10 years. However, a mattress may be prone to sagging if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it with care. You can also extend the life of an old mattress for some time by adding an mattress topper.
When you purchase a brand new bed, you need to take a look at the warranty. It will also provide you with an idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the best mattress for back pain?
Many people suffering from back pain will find that a medium or firm mattress is best for their back. This type of bed will help you keep your spine straight throughout the night as well as help ease a lot of back pain. If you are looking for a mattress that will ease your back pain, take a look at our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. With that in mind, they’re better off using mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses in this list that include they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. If they want a wider selection, they can always check out our roundup of the most comfortable mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are on the opposite side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they usually prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. The majority of mattresses listed here should be ideal for side sleepers, most notably those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Comfortable Sleep