If you’re looking of a mattress, but don’t know what to look for. There are plenty of options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds of others circulating in the world of online bed-in-a box brands. So what’s the best mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress For Comfort And Support
Well, keep in mind that the word “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different people require different things from a bed, so what’s best for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
This is why we made sure to keep a broad range of categories in mind when making our top choices. Our goal is that all users will be able find not just”the “best” mattress however, but one that is most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the nitty gritty of each of these beds We’d like to talk some details about how we came to select them.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattress models in our mattress lab, running each one through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with seismometer. We then give every bed an overall score based on materials and comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also take into account the performance of the brand, such as value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the top of the best, we really considered each bed’s overall score into account. Every last mattress in this list has an overall score of 4/5 or more. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which have scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you must find a mattress that checks all the boxes. You want something with good support, cushioning pressure relief, and top-quality materials that aren’t going to be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of the more costly models, but for a more affordable price. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil construction, it has the traditional innerspring feel that should be an ideal fit to a wide range of sleepers. It also comes in three different firmness levels (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) that makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Back and stomach sleepers will be most comfortable on Luxury or Firm models while those who sleep on their sides should prefer more of the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers, they’ll likely be able to easily change positions on any of the models thanks to the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. The Saatva has even got an HD model specially designed for heavier sleepers.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is its coils give the bed exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to sit on or sleep near the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s about to fall down or cause you to fall off. The only downside to its springy nature is that it causes quite a lot of motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with an individual, you could feel each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either or both of you is an eazy sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made of organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need be concerned about sleeping in a room with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be among the top well-known brands in the mattress market due to its customizable. Customers are able to take a sleep test on the Helix website, which takes the body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into account so that the company can suggest the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side sleeper is likely to be directed towards the Helix Midnight, which is an average-firm mattress that provides the feeling of a hug. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and supports vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders. This is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because it’s where they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be satisfied with this combination of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Since it’s a hybrid that has a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, which creates sufficient support to accommodate two persons. This also causes the slightest amount of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to seriously disturb either of you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who needs a little more pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking out Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with extra foam layers. Also, you can take a look at other of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re sold on this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you must spend a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. For example, the Nectar mattress is a great bargain that packs a serious comfort punch without spending a lot of money.
Currently priced at under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts, this memory foam bed is made of 5″ of plush Gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of comfort and a deep body contour that could work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. You should also feel immense pressure relief and soft support around the hips and shoulders.
In addition the Nectar provides enough support with its foam with high density below the back, which should enjoy the medium firmness of the mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion across the structure which makes it an ideal choice for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a mattress that’s super soft and would like to know more about this brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional bells and whistles.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Find a cheaper deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with your partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples want. It comes in a Medium, Soft and Firm version which means that most couples will be able to find a bed that works for their preferences. All models have sturdy edges (which make the bed feel larger) and solid motion-isolation, preventing you from feeling your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples must also be aware of cooling when shopping for a new mattress, as two bodies give off more body heat than one. But this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature model, which features an naturally cool, latex-like foam that is in the comfort layer. It also has a hybrid design with springs that allow for a lot of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to appeal to lovebirds is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam) that makes it a good mattress for sexual sex. It’s also worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand is able to pass savings on to customers. This is what makes the Signature (and any of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that’s still a nice, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds or more) and you’re looking for an appropriate mattress that can comfortably support you. The WinkBed is available in four firmness levels including Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. The strengthened springs result in a stronger edge support, which allows you to spread until the end of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers gentle pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as ample firmness from its pocketed coil support layer. It also provides zones of support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, based on the location) to help you alleviate backaches and muscle pains, specifically on your back.
Outside of the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool to sleep. It has a breathable cover constructed of eco-friendly Tencel and the coils provide a ton of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier keep a low temperature through the entire night.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our scale of firmness, the Bear should appeal to folks in search of a firm and supportive mattress. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam on the bottom. It is topped by a thinner layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s sufficient support for back sleepers. they’ll also benefit from a bit of contouring from the comfortable layer of memory foam that’s filled by graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, as does a cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noteworthy feature of Celliant. There are studies that show it also promotes blood flow and could aid with recovery. The Bear the perfect choice for athletes or anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re eager to curl up with your Bear, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need a lot of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure in the lower back. They might find a good combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that combines an amalgamation of memory foam, poly foam and pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top bed. At the same time, they’ll get a little bit of a hug by the foam memory.
Speaking of which, the memory foam is infused with cooling gel in the form of an infusion which prevents it from storing heat as traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you end up choosing the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a very heavy bed, so it may be beneficial to assist in the process of getting it in your home (and perhaps setting it up) when it arrives.
Are you sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper seeking a bed that will help keep you cool at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the one you’re looking for. This mattress is built with cooling technology to draw the body’s heat from sleeping.
First, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special textile which draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the touch. It also has a layer of gel memory foam which as well as being cool, provides plenty of cushioning and pain relief.
One other notable cooling feature: As a brand, GhostBed is known for their “Ghost Ice” cover for many mattress models. It is also made of a Phase Change Material, it assists in helping with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only downside is it is a little slippery, which is why you may need to put a fitted sheet on your bed to keep it comfortable and cozy.
In terms of feel in terms of feel, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give those who sleep on their sides and backs a balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also an excellent choice for couples because of its amazing motion absorption and bounciness (a plus for sex).
If your primary concern is staying cool, you’ll love this GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past this Casper Wave Hybrid is a good option. It blends soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat aids in keeping your spine within a neutral alignment and prevents back issues. In fact the support is robust that it could be a great option for heavy sleepers over 250 lb.
However, it’s not the only option to sleep in Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be very comfortable sleeping on your side. Your shoulders should sink into the mattress and give you some relief from pressure while your hips feel comfortable and supported.
Hot sleepers will be comfortable with the Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer offers plenty of space to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made with what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely airy, and as an added touch, it has an extremely thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on top. All of these traits should aid in keeping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out the fact that it’s a receptive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling of memory foam. If you’re a lover of the feeling of a quicksand it might be a good idea to consider a different bed.
Think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Shop here for the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils to provide an optimum blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s a bit soft, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for an example, the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This means that Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side, who should feel some fantastic pressure relief as their hips and shoulders are sunk into the comfort layer.
It’s worth noting that the comfort section is made of not only one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of them are made to keep the user comfortable, the second being a graphite-infused variation from the first Nolah AirFoam found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who like mattresses that are soft might enjoy the Nolah and it’s a comfortable option for couples. Not only will they get that mix of support and comfort you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Support Coils. With a height of 8′, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that is used to support on the edges of the bed as well as the middle. This means that you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are you sure that you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you were looking for, you might benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Below are a few of my recommendations based on the type of body as well as age, sleep position, and pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion pressure points at their shoulders and hips. We have compiled a list of the best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate level of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and usually, that’s in the middle-firm range of mattresses. You can find high-end alternatives in the top mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that keeps their hips in alignment in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out more about why this is crucial in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are simple to move about and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with moderate firmness, such as those in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely in coil systems to provide support. They typically have a firm, bouncy feel and work well for back, stomach, and combo sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coils and foam and their comfort varies widely. Check out the top hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They make use of layers of foam that cushion and support the sleeper. They are the most popular kind of all-foam mattress which offers a wide range of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Take a look at the top mattress made of memory foam to know more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed from environmentally friendly Dunlop and Talalay latex foam. They are naturally cool and bouncy. Heavy people and sleepers in combination often like these mattresses. Look over the top latex mattresses for more on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses make use of air to support the sleeper all night! The most comfortable adjustable beds are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Learn more in our roundup of the best air mattresses.
The choice of a bed that helps mitigate the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses which can ease different types of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest looking into the top mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and best mattresses for sciatica articles to know more about pain relief solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, take a look at the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re interested in finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the price check out the top mattresses for your cost.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, see our top mattresses for under 1,000 or the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for a mattress that sleeps cool, I’d recommend opting for a latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase the circulation of air, and this is crucial for keeping the temperature at a minimum during the night.
- Here are my top breathable beds in our list of the most comfortable cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lbs) typically discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d suggest for these sleepers to take a review of the top soft mattresses to make sure they have the pressure relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) require a mattress that provides additional support to avoid premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are usually important concerns. For more information on how to select the right mattress that is suitable for your body go to our site for top mattresses designed for heavy people.
- Kids are growing rapidly and evolving bodies that have specific requirements for sleep! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- The elderly (over 65) generally prefer more traditional mattresses that offer mobility and support, but they are also gentle on joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattress for older adults to find one that is suitable for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have unique sleeping needs as well! Find out more about selecting a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you have a bed to share with a companion (or pet! ) It is important to pick one that has low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the best mattresses for couples for some examples, as well as mattresses that offer exceptional edge support, cooling options and other requirements that couples may consider.
- Similarly, couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy should check out our guide for mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Mattress For Comfort And Support FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here, so it’s important to take your own budget into account. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses to be found in every price range! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is generally considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress may fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a good foundation or care for it in a rough way. It is also possible to extend the lifespan of a mattress several months by putting on a mattress protector.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s important to check its warranty. This will also provide you with a good idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back pain?
Many people suffering from back pain find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is the best choice for those with back pain. This kind of bed can aid in keeping your spine straight overnight and can ease some of the discomfort. If you’re looking for a mattress which can help with your specific back pain, check out our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the most support. With that in mind, they’re better off using mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses on this list, those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. If they want a wider range, check out our roundup of the best sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the best mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are at the opposite side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they tend to prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. A majority of the mattresses in this list will be ideal for those who sleep on their sides particularly the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Comfort And Support