So you’re in the market for a new mattress, but don’t know what to look for. There are many options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more swirling in the world of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So what’s the best bed for you in 2022? Top Mattress For Combination Sleepers
Remember that the concept of “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different types of sleepers require different features from a bed, so what works for one person may not work for another.
This is why we made sure to keep a broad range of different categories when making our top picks. Our hope is that most users will be able find not just”the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the nitty gritty of each of these beds, we’d like to share some details about the method we used to select the beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 products within our lab for mattresses, putting every one of them through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with a seismometer. We then give every bed an overall score according to the materials used and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also factor in brand performance with categories like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the best out of them, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into account. Every last mattress on this list has an overall score of 4 out of 5 or above. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which were awarded an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you should choose a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support and pressure relief cushioning, and quality materials that aren’t going to be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva has all the benefits of those costly models, but at lower costs. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil structure, it offers the traditional innerspring feel , which is a good fit for all types of sleepers. It also comes with three different levels of firmness (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) that further widens its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers should be most comfortable on Luxury or Firm models. While side sleepers should enjoy using the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers, they’ll likely be able to quickly switch positions on any of the models thanks to the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. The Saatva has even got an HD model specially designed for those who sleep heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is that its coils offer the mattress outstanding edge support. You should be able to sit on or sleep close to the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s going to collapse or make you fall over. The only downside to this springy mattress is the fact that it creates an extremely high amount of motion transfer which means that if you sleep with an individual, you could feel each other’s movements at night, particularly if one or the other are the type of sleeper who is light.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining a light on some of the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made of organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have to worry about sleeping near toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be one of the most notable names in the mattress game due to its flexibility. Customers are able to take a sleep test on the Helix website that takes their body type, sleeping preferences, and many other factors into consideration , so that the brand can recommend the ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side is likely to be directed towards the Helix Midnight, which is a medium-firm mattress that offers a hug-like feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and cradles vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders. This is essential for side sleepers since this is where they place the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should be happy with this combination of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. As a hybrid, there’s a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams that provide enough support for two persons. Although this can cause the slightest amount of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to disturb either of you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking out the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with more foam layer. You can also look at our other best-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re convinced by this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean that you need to shell out a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. As an example, the Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress with a significant comfort punch without costing you a fortune.
At present, it is priced under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts The memory foam bed is made of 5″ of luxurious gel memory foam. This provides ample sinkage and deep body-contouring that can work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. They will also feel immense pressure relief and cushions at the hips and shoulders.
However, the Nectar provides enough support with its high-density foam below for those who sleep on their backs, and will appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. The best part is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of movement across the mattress, making it a great option for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a super-soft bed you should look into the brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra features and bells.
Sold on this great value mattress? You can get a much better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with a partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples want. It is available in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm version, so most couples should be in a position to find the bed that is right for them. All of the options have sturdy edges (which make the bed feel larger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing you from feeling your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples should be aware of cooling when choosing a new mattress, as two bodies emit greater body temperature than one. This isn’t a problem with the Signature, which has a naturally cooling, latex-like foam that is in the cushion layer. It also has a hybrid design with springs that have room for a lot of airflow.
Another feature that will be attractive to lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it to latex-like foam) and makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex. Finally, it’s worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand can pass on savings on to customers. This is what makes Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and any of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples — albeit one that has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 lb and over) and you’re looking for an appropriate mattress that can adequately support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four firmness levels that include Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils that are designed to support heavier people. The strengthened springs result in extra-strong edge support, allowing you to spread out all the way to the very end in the mattress.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides soft pressure relief thanks to the quilted top layer of its pillow and lots of support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zones of support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, depending on the location) to ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically on your back.
Apart from it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool-sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made of eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils allow for a ton of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers maintain a cool temperature throughout the night.
Does this sound like the mattress you’ve always wanted? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our firmness scale, the Bear is a good choice for those looking for a firm and supportive mattress. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam on the bottom. It is over which is a lighter layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s more than enough support here for back sleepers, and they’ll also receive a shape from a cushion of comfort foam infused by graphite. This keeps the mattress cool, as does the mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noteworthy feature of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it also promotes blood flow, which could help with recovery. This makes the Bear an ideal choice for those who lives an active life.
If you’re ready to curl in the Bear, get our most affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need lots of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned, while also receiving the necessary pressure relief to prevent pain at their lower back. They might find a good combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses an amalgamation of memory foam, poly foam, as well as pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top mattress. At the same time they’ll feel a touch of comfort due to the memory foam.
The memory foam is infused with cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat the way the traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you do end up choosing the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it may be a good idea to assist in the process of moving it into your house (and maybe even setting it up) once it arrives.
Have you bought you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are looking for a mattress that will help to cool down during the night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress that is right for you. This mattress features cooling technology to draw your body’s warmth away from sleepers.
First, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special fabric which draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the skin. Additionally, it has an underlying layer of gel memory foam which as well as being cool, also provides lots of comfort and relief from pain.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy as a brand GhostBed is known for its “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on some their mattresses. Also made with the Phase Change Material, it assists in helping to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only drawback is that it could be slippery, which is why you may want to use an upholstered sheet over your bed that keeps everything comfortable and cozy.
In terms of comfort in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer the back and side sleepers the perfect combination of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its fantastic motion absorption and its bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your main concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with this GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past this Casper Wave Hybrid is a good choice. It blends soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which aids in keeping the spine healthy position and helps prevent back pain. In fact, the support is so robust that it could be a good alternative for those who weigh more than 250 lb.
However, it’s not the only option for Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel comfortable lying on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into your bed and let you enjoy some relief from the pressure, while your hips feel supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel right at home with this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design offers plenty of space for airflow. The comfort layer is made of something called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely comfortable and as an added touch, it has an extremely thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on the top. All of these features will aid in keeping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting the fact that it’s a receptive bed that doesn’t offer the more sluggish feel like memory foam. So if you’re a fan of the feeling of a quicksand, you may want to consider a different bed.
You think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Check out the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils that provide the perfect blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the softer side, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for context the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This is what makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who will feel incredible pressure relief when their hips and shoulders sink into the comfort layer.
It’s worth noting that this section of comfort is comprised of not just two, but one layer of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of these materials are made to keep the user at a comfortable temperature, with the former being a graphite-infused variant of the original Nolah AirFoam that is found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like mattresses that are soft might enjoy the Nolah as it’s a comfortable option for couples. Not only will they get that mix of support and comfort that you mentioned, but they’ll be able stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Coils. at 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech support foam, which holds up on the edges of the bed as well as the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are you sure that you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress you wanted above, you might benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Here are some of my recommendations based on your body type as well as age, sleep positions, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions pressure points at their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal level of pressure relief and support to keep their spines straight, and they’ll typically find that in a medium-firm mattress. There are some top-quality options in the top mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm bed that keeps their hips aligned with their shoulders. Find out more about why this is crucial in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move around on and switch positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a a medium-firm feel, like the ones in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely in coil systems to provide support. They usually feature a firm, bouncy feel and work well for stomach, back, and mixed sleepers. You can check out our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coils and foam, and their feel is different. Check out the top hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They employ layers of foam to cushion and support the sleeping person. Memory foam mattresses are a favored type of all-foam mattress that provide a great body contouring and relief from pressure. Look over the top memory foam mattress to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually made with environmentally friendly Dunlop or Talalay latex foam. They are naturally cool and bouncy. Combination sleepers and heavy people often like these mattresses. Look over the best latex mattresses for more on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to support the sleeper throughout the night! A few of the top adjustable mattresses are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Find out more about them in our roundup of the the best air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that helps mitigate the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that can help you with different kinds of pain. Based on your needs, I’d recommend looking at the best mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or best mattresses for sciatica articles to learn more about pain management solutions.
- If you want a durable quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re interested in finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the cost consider looking at the most comfortable mattresses available for the price.
- If you’re on a tight budget, check out our best mattresses under 1,000 and the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for mattresses that are cool to sleep on I would suggest you go with a latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote airflow, which is crucial for keeping the temperature at a minimum at night.
- Here are my top mattresses that breathe in our roundup of best cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 pounds) are likely to discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d recommend for these sleepers to take a glance at most comfortable mattresses to make sure they get the pressure relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 1 lb) need a bed that offers an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are the most important considerations. To find out how to pick a mattress for your body type, visit our page for top mattresses designed for people who are heavy..
- Kids are growing rapidly and evolving bodies that have specific sleep needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- The elderly (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide flexibility and support, yet they are also gentle on joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our best mattresses for older people to find a feel that works for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have specific sleeping needs as well! Learn more about choosing a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you share a bed with a partner (or pet! ) It is important to pick a mattress that features low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses for some examples including beds with impressive edges, cool options, and other needs that couples could take into consideration.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattress for sex are able to look through our guide to beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For Combination Sleepers FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here and it’s crucial to take your personal budget into account. Thankfully, there are great mattresses at nearly every price point! A budget mattress is usually considered to be one priced under $1000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress each 7-10 years. But, mattresses can sag prematurely if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also prolong the life of a mattress some time by adding an mattress protector.
If you are buying a new bed, you need to take a look at its warranty. This will also provide you with an idea of the length it’s expected to last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back pain?
Most people who struggle with back pain find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is best for their back. This type of bed will assist you in keeping your spine straight during the night as well as help ease many of the pain. To find a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, check out our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. With that in mind, they’re best off with mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses on this list, those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. If they want a wider selection, they can always check out our roundup of the best sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the best mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers fall on the opposite side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they usually prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. A majority of the mattresses on this list should be ideal for side sleepers particularly Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Combination Sleepers